[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BVS VS CW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: batman_superman_civil_war.jpg (2 MB, 1896x1896) Image search: [Google]
batman_superman_civil_war.jpg
2 MB, 1896x1896
Which one was better?
>>
your mom was better at giving a blowjob you stupid fuck
go to reddit or youtube you son of a bitch
>>
>>69209119
Rude
>>
The one without those goddamn email scenes
>>
Disney's Captain America: Civil War, produced by Marvel Studios
>>
>>69209092

Definitely Civil War.
>>
File: 1462641695219[1].jpg (460 KB, 1408x3220) Image search: [Google]
1462641695219[1].jpg
460 KB, 1408x3220
Different fanbase
>>
File: both.jpg (42 KB, 480x336) Image search: [Google]
both.jpg
42 KB, 480x336
What can't I like them both equally?
>>
>>69209092
In what way?

Just kidding, it's Civil War.
>>
>>69211302
Because one is objectively better directed and written than the other.
>>
>>69209092
The one without Martha.
>>
>>69209092

they are both bad. these movies suck. i like good, tight, self-contained movies. not this sprawling schlock.
>>
>>69209092
Civil War is objectively better done but it bored me to death while I absolutely loved BvS, Battfleck was awesome.
>>
>>69209092
BvS
>>
BvS, it's a more aquired taste, while CW is more of a crowdpleaser
>>
>>69209119

What a jerk
>>
I enjoyed them both.

That being said, I'd most likely watch BvS again over Civil War.

I went into BvS expecting it to be horrible based on the reviews and what people were saying on /tv/, but turned out to be way better.

With Civil War, I expected a generic Marvel flick but slightly better and that's what I got.
>>
>>69209092
jesus fucking christ
civil war is like one of the best capeshit there is, and bvs is a fucking mess
it's not even worth discussing over
bvs is a fucking trainwreck, get over it
>>
Civil War had very poor buildup to the actual fight between Captain America and Iron Man, or any of the Avengers for that matter. There was never any hint that they were having so much animosity towards each other that they were ready to start throwing punches and potentially killing each other. Tony Stark went full retard when he saw the video of the Winter Soldier killing Bucky, and on top of that the whole plot revolved around the brainwashing contrivance which I already hated anyway. Not to mention that the movie had to spell out and loudly broadcast every single plot point and theme that was happening.

Pretty much the movie's saving graces were that Black Panther had the one and only good character arc, and Spider-man was just about perfect and I loved every scene he was in.

Batman V Superman was a much darker and more thematic movie. They gave adequate buildup to show why Batman wanted to kill Superman, and they trusted the audience, for better or worse, to be intelligent enough to dissect the movie's character moments and themes on their own. What Civil War does with a quip-filled monologue, Dawn of Justice was able to do with a brooding stare, and do it better.
>>
>>69211302
I like both. Personally prefer BvS because i'm a batfag and i love the presentation, but CW has more coherence and you know more the characters.
>>
File: 1426246273201.gif (2 MB, 350x264) Image search: [Google]
1426246273201.gif
2 MB, 350x264
>>69212015
Yea I truly felt like I was being treated with intelligence when the movie treated me to a series of teaser trailers and failed to appropriately even integrate one character to set up her own movie when Civil War not only set up one very well with the intention of introducing him for his own movie but had many more all with well thought out motivation. You're either contrarian or insane. A character flaw is not a flaw of a movie, and their fight was very well handled and its clear none of them are trying to murder each other contrary to what your post would potentially lead someone to believe had they not seen the movie. Right after it two of them even apologize because its a feud between friends and not a death match. There are so many characters in Civil War it speaks to how well handled it is that almost all of them are still good characters with opinions and motivations of their own, and even the worst of them are still better than the three main characters of Batman v Superman.

It is baffling to me how a movie with so little characters in comparison is somehow longer and so much of a clusterfuck when the plot shouldn't even be as complicated as it is for literally no reason. The only character who has any motivation at all is Batman, and even his scenes just like everyone elses go really fast then abruptly cut away to something else at a brisk pace. Both movies feature bombings of government buildings and figures but only one has the bomber place a jar of piss there. Zemo has so little screen time in comparison to Lex yet the quality of his writing and mystique of his character is so much better it is honest just baffling. Your post treats Batman v Superman like an immensely more mature alternative yet it's the one that ends with the tired plot of a superhero fight turned team up by the way of a laughable final boss who is nothing more than a mindless dumb monster with no character or motive of it's own.
>>
They are both garbage dumps disguised as a movie.
>>
Civil War
>>
>>69211302
Cause /tv/ is black and white with this shit.
>>
>>69209092
>bvs

Yes it has flaws, but I genuinely enjoyed it more
>>
>>69212198
I'm with this guy,
>>
Civil War was probably the last movie I'll every watch from Marvel until Deadpool 2 comes out. It's not shit, it's just meh. I'm not even hipster and it still feels too mainstream while trying please the broadest audience with obligatory this and that. It feels like a movie for teens and birthday parties.

BvS was grimdark, which i love, and had the typical Zack Snyder cinematography which is also love. The fight scenes are fucking sick. Superman is clearly overpowered as fuck, but Batman still feels super heavy and badass in his tanky armor. There are some shit scenes in the movie, like the muh martha scene, but i still had more fun watching this than CW. I can't recall any fight scene in any Marvel movie that beats Wonder woman going to town on Doomsday.
That shit was g o a t.
>>
>>69209092
I don't know, I only saw Civil War.
>>
>>69213240
You dont like Civil War for feeling too mainstream but your reasoning for liking Batman v Superman more amounts to hella f*ckin epic bro
>>
BVS for me personally. There's a 10/10 movie in there beyond the botched editing and in spite of this the quality shines through

Civil war was good but it's like candyfloss, nothing of substance and honestly I've forgotten all about it, it doesn't leave you with anything to talk about
>>
>>69213063
>>
>>69209092
CW by a longshot, but CW is still immensely overrated and not as good as TWS
>>
>>69213325
Yeah you're right that sounds retarded. I got sick of typing, cant be arsed to make a full review on 4chan of a movie i watched weeks ago.

But that's also the thing. I watched these movies weeks ago and the only one i feel good thinking about is BvS. I wish i waited for the blu-ray torrent for CW.
>>
>>69211760
>best

Honestly die
>>
>>69213461
I dont blame you for having your taste and liking movies based on what appeals to you. But yea it does sound dumb.
>>
Civil War by fucking miles, it's not even close.
>>
>>69213524
He's right
>>
>>69213384
>nothing of substance and honestly I've forgotten all about it, it doesn't leave you with anything to talk about
this

I have the same feelings after Civil War like i had after watching Battleship. Yeah it was neat but the next day i could barely remember anything.
>>
File: 1462320465424.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1462320465424.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>69213461
>>
>>69213554
>battleship

DCucks are absolutely embarrassing
>>
CW
Sorry DC fanboys.
Maybe don't pick an allegiance to a company at all.
>>
>>69213063
Zemo a shit. Easily one of the worst MCU villains. They spent the whole movie building up towards a final boss fight with a bunch of winter soldiers, and then "nope, I'm just gonna make you guys fight each other, again." I will forget about him in a week.

Batman V Superman shoved its character teasers into one scene because it wanted to keep the rest of the movie focused on Batman and Superman. In Civil War, Black Panther and Spider-Man end up the movie's saving grace because they make the rest of the movie look stale and tired by comparison. The movie is called "Captain America" but he gets lost in what's supposedly his own movie.

And you say Superman doesn't have any motivation. How about not being a fascist as his motivation? He is genuinely conflicted about becoming an authoritarian with no accountability. In Civil War, Captain America and Iron Man are both authoritarians, with the only real difference being that Captain America doesn't want to be a stooge working for the UN, and they had to use something as blatant as a grieving mother shoving her dead son's photo in Tony's face to convey any sense of loss to the violence in the last movie. That is about as lazy as storywriting comes. With Batman, we actually saw the buildings come down from his perspective, and that is more powerful than any tell-off monlogue that the Russos could have written.
>>
File: no one gives a shit.png (280 KB, 833x423) Image search: [Google]
no one gives a shit.png
280 KB, 833x423
>>69213384
Yea, thats why no one is talking about it and all the reviews call it mediocre or forgettable. Popularity is not always right, im not saying its right, but if your opinion is only being perpetuated but a few people on literally only one website and outside of that no one else agrees with you, ever, its probably wrong.
>>
>>69213612
The only post in here that bespeaks that level of "brand loyalty" is >>69213251
>>
>>69213645
>Batman V Superman shoved its character teasers into one scene because it wanted to keep the rest of the movie focused on Batman and Superman.
Fuck it, i'm done lol
Fans of this movie are fucking delusional, there is no discussion to be had here.
>>
>>69209092
Civil War is a better movie, but have to admit it but I'm already so tired of Marvel formula
>>
>>69209092

BvS has the best action scenes by default since in CW they decided shakycam filming legs was the way to go...
CW has the best story by default since BvS has no fucking story at all and the characters' motivations do not make any sense.

CW is currently the best movie. BvS could be better once the director's cut is released.

But the truth is that they are both huge shit, and if you like any of them then you're an idiot with low standard and poor taste.
>>
>>69213659
A poorly constructed sentence, just like Bvs
>>
>>69213745
What formula?
>>
>>69213745
Explain the formula and how its followed then.
>>
>>69213645
>They spent the whole movie building up towards a final boss fight with a bunch of winter soldiers, and then "nope, I'm just gonna make you guys fight each other, again
That was infinitely better?
That would be a meaningless mook fight. Yeah why didn't they fight an army of grey robots again?
Why was it about characters and different equally understandable motivations instead of just some evil I wouldn't think about who to root for

Never write a movie
Never have any influence on anything please. For the love of god you are cancer.
>>
File: 1436883811769.jpg (258 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1436883811769.jpg
258 KB, 1200x900
>>69213535
>liking movies based on what appeals to you
Like everyone ever.

Anyway I'm out of time here. BvS was fun because it's a fresh breath in the capeshit clusterfuck, while CW felt like a kids movie. I cannot fathom why people aren't fucking sick of the whole Marvel universe after all these movies.
>>
>>69213768
>>69213770
Quips and goofs in between prolonged dodgy quick cut action scenes leading to a finale with no consequences
>>
>>69213645
>They spent the whole movie building up towards a final boss fight with a bunch of winter soldiers
Did you forget at the beginning when he's interrogating the hydra operative. He didn't give a fuck about Hydra. In fact he hated them. They intentionally played with your expectations. So complaining about the film doing what was intended is stupid.
>>
>>69213834
Thats not a formula in any way
>>
File: 1422927065325.gif (1 MB, 312x376) Image search: [Google]
1422927065325.gif
1 MB, 312x376
>>69213596
>>69213557
>marvel shitposters
i think bvs > cw and there is nothing you can do you stop me
>>
>>69213776
It was a no-win situation. Both climaxes would have been shit, and the bait-and-switch does not make a shitty premise for a climax any less shitty.
>>
zemo is literally the best mcu villain so far
his plans weren't completely comical or stupid like most supervillains and he was very sympathetic.
>>
>>69213864
I don't care
>>
>>69213838
Having a bunch of winter soldiers was ultimately an extraneous plot detail that didn't matter at all. They could have had any McGuffen they wanted and it wouldn't have changed the plot or the climax at all.
>>
>>69213384
BvS will only be remembered to laugh at how awful it was.
>>
File: 1455959292226.jpg (34 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
1455959292226.jpg
34 KB, 500x273
>>69213879
>27%
>>
>>69213888
There is no "would have been" what he described is what actually happened and for that reason its a well thought out finale instead of an action shitfest with an empty threat like Doomsday. This way its about the characters and how they feel about each other rather than teaming up to fight a nameless enemy, which is apparently what you want. His plan was to make the heroes kill each other, not try to kill them which would not have worked as he specified. Using soldiers to try and kill them is immensely more stupid but yea if you prefer Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman vs Doomsday I can see why you would think a stupid shitfest final boss battle would make for a better movie because you're just an idiot.
>>
>>69213888
I still like the ending they went with and it is so much better than whatever you were describing.

Please just promise me that you will never write a movie or a book
>>
>>69213921
His plan was stupid because he was basically counting on the writers working in his favor. What if Tony Stark did not throw all sense of rationality and reason out the window by getting "triggered?" They are asking the audience to accept the climax on the premise that deep down, Tony is a revenge-thirsty killer who doesn't actually care about justice, and he has been hiding it for the last however many Marvel flicks.
>>
>>69213941
Its the crux of the entire reason the fight happens at the airport. Saying it could have been replaced with anything else is wrong to an extent because the point is it ties to Bucky's past and that's why it's relevant. If you don't see that somehow, not like it's complicated, you're retarded.
>>
>>69213645
I agree 100%. Well said anon. Just remember that not everyone understand that a movie is first and foremost a visual medium that tells it's story though imagery. Some people need subtitles and a glow-in-the-dark handbook to understand what's happening.
>>
>>69214040
But it's still transparently contrived.
>>
>>69213921
But the existence of Zemo brings many problems.
How can a person with almost no terrorism or tactical experience do so much damage on an international level ? Bombing buildings, killing a King etc without being caught ?This guy was just a normal family man during Avengers 2.
What's the purpose of having super heroes or super villain if a simple dude can wreck shit on the whole earth ?
>>
>>69209092
CW was overall the better movie, but not a fucking 9.8 - 2.8 better. I'd say it was about a 1.5 better, and just because spiderman and ant man where in it.
>>
>>69213991
>reviews
>>
>>69214085
>transparently contrived.
How was it contrived in any way.
It was clear in winter soldier that he killed tony's parents. This was just revealing it at the worst possible time for everyone.

Also zemo was working the whole movie to get that fucking tape.
He wanted to destroy the avengers and he basically did.
>>
>>69214088
he was on the military
>>
>>69213963
I'll remember it as the movie where everyone went on the hate bandwagon because they couldn't make up their own opinion.
>>
File: 1461864448369.png (7 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1461864448369.png
7 KB, 420x420
I didn't expect CW to do worse than BvS with a 91% on rotten tomatoes. Guess capeshit is finally dying
>>
Batman v Superman was a better film but overall Civil War is a more accessible film to be honest.
>>
>>69214085
Contrived isn't an insult, it was Zemo's plan so yes therefor it is contrived by him to happen. That's just stating a fact, its not a criticism.

>>69214088
See this is how I know you're the same person, probably. Because everything you have wrong with Zemo seems to stem from the idea that you want meaningless dumb action when his plan was intimate and personal, based on actual characters. He actually was caught in the end and I would assume the purpose was to tell an interesting story about heroes fighting each other orchestrated by a man who's life they accidentally ruined. Zemo was actually in the military to, not just some guy. I simply cant wrap my head around the idea that anyone is so retarded that they think merely because he didn't cause a big final battle or have super powers he is bad.
>>
>>69214088
wasn't he german or something? They are naturally evil.
>>
>>69214173
Ha yes I forgot that.
Welp, time for the Shield to blacklist all ex-military faggots with 90+ IQ.
>>
>>69214124
That's what makes it so contrived. Steve could have(and would have) told Tony beforehand. They basically turned him into a plot-driven character. If he's been willing to keep the truth from him for months, why does he decide it's a good idea at that precise moment to admit he knew and send Tony even further over the edge?

It's stupid and contrived.
>>
>>69211760

t. youtube nerd culture commentator
>>
File: 1460172354461.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1047) Image search: [Google]
1460172354461.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1047
>>
>>69213659
>wrong opinion

wew
>>
>>69214188
Isn't it glorious
>>
>>69209092
BvS
>>
>>69214293
wew lad
>>
>>69214226
No I'm the one you were discussing too.
I liked Zemo's plan and character. He did not got caught at the end, it was more him not giving a fuck and not wanting to live anymore.
People who expected an epic battle with 10+ winter soldiers are retarded. And it would have been bad since the only way for Cap, Bucky, Iron Man and Black dude to win such a desperate fight would be a deus ex machina of some sort like Hulk showing at the last second.
>>
I just got back from CW and I thought it was fucking cape kino. Still haven't see BvS tho
>>
>>69214226
>>69214361

I mean I'm not the one you were talking too.
>>
>>69209092
BvS, by miles. Actually had me invested and wondering what's going to happen in the next movie, instead of how CW just swept everything under the carpet.
>>
>>69214361
I agree with you but its still kinda lame how they just "died in their sleep" or something.
>>
Friendly reminder that we're supposed to feel great shock over Rhodey's paralysis when we saw they already have the technology to build an entirely synthetic being from scratch.

Protip: The Vision is not a robot.

Patriciantip: This is how stupid the writers assume you are.
>>
>>69209092
They're very different tbqh, but I think BvS was better overall.

I'd still pick Civil War over BvS if I'm going to watch it with friends, but if I'm watching it by myself, then BvS.
>>
>>69214281
kek
>>
>>69214399
This.
>>
>>69209092
BvS by a small margin

They're both meh as fuck that diluted the stories they were inspired by down to the "cool" bits but missed all the nuance and world building that made the original stories good
>>
File: 1429912416847.png (298 KB, 680x798) Image search: [Google]
1429912416847.png
298 KB, 680x798
>>69209092
None of them are great movies. Civil War is the more solid flick overall. BvS was an un-focused mess, though I must say that the best parts of BvS, which was Batfleck and the fight scene between him and Superman, was better than anything in CW.
>>
>>69209092
oh look, 4chan being contrarian again lol

>audience prefers Civil War
>critics prefer Civl War
>guaranteed billion for Civil War
>4chan: hmm I think I like BvS more lol

DKEKS LOOOOOOL
>>
Where was Thor, Hulk, etc during Civil War? Why did the main teams consist of the B listers?
>>
>>69209092
Civil War was the better movie...by far
>>
>>69214778
Can you list the reasons why you think Civil War instead of just "D-D-D-D-DKEK!"?
>>
>>69214778
Historically, the greatest art is never celebrated by the commoners when it first arrives. Only the upper class appreciates it.
>>
>>69214812
because the direction is infinitely better?

Do you really need a lot of reasons for why a russo brothers movie is better than a zack snyder movie?
>>
So what was the storyline during CW? Who was the bad guy?
>>
>>69214877
Zemu
>>
BvS
>>
They both suck but BvS sucks less
>>
>>69209119
Whew lad. Totally uncalled for.
>>
>>69214782
Thor is in his alien planet discussing some serious shit about infinity stones with his father who his in fact Loki. (Thor 3 is going to be a fucking mess lol).

Hulk is hiding in a cave not giving a fuck and will remain here until her personal pussy (bitch widow) gets in danger. Then he will actually care. Cause you can fuck the whole universe, but you can't fuck Hulk's personal cum dumpster.
>>
>>69214849
BvS looks much better though. Cinematography in CW was bland as fuck. And stop trying to lift the Russo brothers up as some master filmmakers. They're average action directors. BvS may have been a piece of shit but at least Snyder made Watchmen which is greater than anything the literally who brothers have ever made.
>>
>>69212015
>BvS was the best movie
>Its entire plot line depended on two moms having the exact same name
:^)
>>
>it's a DC v Marvel thread
When you guys going to get it over with and hatefuck each other
>>
>>69214782
At the end of Age of Ultron, Hulk goes into solitude and Thor goes to see what's causing the resurgence of Infinity Stones.
>>
>>69214939
Watchman was horrible
>>
>>69214877
The Avengers are arguing over whether or not they should work for the gooberment and Zemo pulls the right strings to push them over the edge.
>>
>>69214939
You are crazy. Snyder movies look like a 12 year old became a movie director.
It is literally just one step above micheal bay.
>>
File: 1460957557716.png (263 KB, 449x535) Image search: [Google]
1460957557716.png
263 KB, 449x535
>>69214812
There are literally hundreds of thousands of people who have already made the case for why Civil War is much better that shitty BvS. The action, the plot, the editing, the character development, are all magnitude better that BvS. You're just being ignorant and delusional.

There is nothing more to discuss now DCuck. Now is just the time to laugh at you.
>>
>>69214975
Watchman is not the name of a movie
>>
>>69214940
>CW is the best movie
>its entire plot revolves around Cap and Tony refusing to talk over a coffee
=)
>>
someone just post the Armond White Civil War review to shut those marveldrones up already
>>
>>69214399
But BvS did swept everything under the carpet.
It's CW that actually will have some changes later on.
>>
BvS is so shit doesn't even deserve to be compared to civil war desu senpai
>>
>>69214940
Even if that was true, it would be better than any plot involving brainwashing and / or amnesia.
>>
File: 1456402775548s.jpg (3 KB, 125x94) Image search: [Google]
1456402775548s.jpg
3 KB, 125x94
>>69214940
>>
>>69214256
Steve not telling is a mistake on his part
but at that point Tony was already accusing Steve of lying when he said 'he didnt know it was him'
>>
>>69215010
>you can resolve a matter of how to control superhumans over a coffee
keep crying, DC Shitter
>>
>>69214984
>Snyder movies look like a 12 year old became a movie director
Visuals is the one thing everyone agrees that Snyder does well. But I guess you prefer shit to look as bland and made-for-television as possible. I'm not even trying to defend BvS. The movie was bad, but it's visuals were great
>>
File: 1330844623681.jpg (52 KB, 258x347) Image search: [Google]
1330844623681.jpg
52 KB, 258x347
>>69215038
Bro, nobody takes Armond White seriously. Nobody.
>>
>>69211463
You brought sand to the beach.
>>
File: 1434413012782.gif (502 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1434413012782.gif
502 KB, 160x160
>>69215010
Except they do "talk over coffee" multiple times in the movie. They always talk shit out before they fight. Fighting is literally the last option they have, when they can't reach an agreement. Stop shit-posting DCuck.
>>
>>69214831
Martha :D
>>
>>69214994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QleRgTBMX88
>>
>>69215080
I am talking about the Gesamtkunstwerk here. The music the plot and how it looks.

At the end of the day you were clearly deprived of oxygen at some point in your life if you like snyder movies.
>>
>>69215075
>>69215010
>>69215072
see
>>69214281
do you see how stupid this is now
>>
>>69215038
You mean the guy who gave Transformers 2 a good review?
>>
>>69215141
>doesn't understand the martha scene
>blames the movie for it
>>
>>69213240
See ya opening night at Doc Strange.
>>
File: 1460583977468.jpg (3 MB, 3200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1460583977468.jpg
3 MB, 3200x1600
>>69215177
>>
Captain America: Civil War confirms our national dumb-down. While the mainstream media pretzel themselves over the presidential primaries, Marvel Studios has steadily accomplished a rejiggering of the American public’s cultural and political consciousness. Civil War completes this devolution in its story of superhero combat where one faction of pop icons, led by Captain America/Steve Rogers (Chris Evans), faces off against another faction, headed by billionaire genius Iron Man/Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.). As momentary adversaries, Captain America and Iron Man almost represent the schism that now divides American voters, politicians, and pundits. I say “almost,” because the film’s comic-book premise doesn’t inspire reflection upon the dire seriousness of our current ideological civil war.
>>
>>69215141
Rhodey isn't his mom.
>>
>>69215204
If anything proves the triviality of Hollywood’s comic-book franchises, it is this disregard of the class realities that truly separate Americans. Working-class poster boy Steve Rogers has no common cause with wealthy authoritarian Tony Stark; the superficial show of patriotism that binds them doesn’t erase the difference between the former’s grunt-worker sacrifice and the latter’s aristocratic expertise. It’s the ultimate sentimental cynicism when Captain America’s devotion to his dangerously conditioned childhood friend Bucky/Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan) — who represents war’s emotional cost — is used to evoke ambivalence toward the military, while Stark’s authority celebrates the Military (and Hollywood) Industrial Complex.

Is it overreaching — or being humorless — to recognize and critique a piece of entertainment that takes America’s schism lightly? Will fanboys — or for that matter film critics — ever understand that Marvel Studios has engineered a cultural coup that prevents viewers from thinking? How did we get here?
>>
>>69215192
>doesn't have a retort
>memes
>>
>>69213941
It led the viewer to the cliche good guys joining up against the true villain. Didnt happen. It is almost a prophetic parody of the end of BvS. Good stuff.
>>
File: 1431688426722.jpg (178 KB, 491x713) Image search: [Google]
1431688426722.jpg
178 KB, 491x713
>>69215038
>someone post the opinion of a...
>elderly gay nigger who writes for a NYC gay men's magazine...
>that will show everyone

U WUT M8?
>>
>>69215244
Since comics and graphic novels became popular as counterculture, adolescents have been encouraged to reduce mainstream politics to their own sentimentality. Thus, Marvel’s various superheroes appeal to teenage rebellion: Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Falcon (Anthony Mackie), War Machine (Don Cheadle), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), Vision (Paul Bettany), Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), and the others personify juvenile sensibility. They remain trivial, even as their divisions play out in serial chase scenes, explosions, and technological butt-kicking. Each one’s predicament represents a denial of the moral complexities that come with maturity. Fear of growing up is implicit in both the devious terrorist plots of supervillain Zemo (Daniel Brühl), who harbors childhood dreams of vengeance, and the supercilious wit of Tony Stark, the George Soros/Steve Jobs–type to whom the superfreaks all feel indebted. (As Stark, Downey achieves the same promiscuous waste of talent as hammy British actors of old.

Despite the supergeeks’ arguing either against working for the restrictive capitalist government or for their own sense of doing right and correcting injustice, the fact is, nothing here has gravitas. Civil War is politics as adolescents misperceive social/global crisis. This has been going on for so long (ever since Hollywood realized the bounty to be had in cajoling comic-book culture’s ready audience; since, say, the 1978 Superman film, then 1989’s Batman) that, by now, the brainwashing is complete. The trivializing has grabbed such hold that when a genuine pop artist like Zack Snyder deepens comics lore into visionary, moral art (the profound Man of Steel and Batman v Superman), many fanboys, and critics, react with anger, resentment — and ignorance.
>>
File: smug-goofy-batman.jpg (11 KB, 369x299) Image search: [Google]
smug-goofy-batman.jpg
11 KB, 369x299
>>69215192
This is about the average response you can expect from a marveltard when they are asked to actually use critical thinking.
>>
File: 84287171.jpg (80 KB, 492x559) Image search: [Google]
84287171.jpg
80 KB, 492x559
>>69215192
>>
>>69215192
Pretty lame son.
>>
>>69215177
I'm not the Steve Poster but there's no argument that you've presented either, retard.
What is the significance of the "MARTHAAAAAAAAAAAA" scene?

They have the same name and Batman realizes he can't kill him cause he'd be disappointing another Martha?
>>
>>69214088
Zemo was special forces.
>>
>>69215116
Yeah, and in none of those discussion in, before, or even between the events of the movie does it occur to Steve to say, "Hey Tony. There's something I really think I should tell you about the details of your parents' accident."

Really, really dumb.
>>
>>69215279
To praise Civil War as entertainment is to accept its puerile conflicts. This is the moral reduction that has happened to American youth culture in the wake of the generational dissents of the Vietnam War. Movies as violent as the Marvel flicks are not pacifist but are proof of anti-military sentiment — such as became evident in the confused Ferguson protestations about “militarized police,” a foolish, redundant term exploited by manipulative media outlets and politicians. Civil War furbishes aggression simply to excite viewers who are as programmed as poor Bucky. In a similar sense, Civil War exploits recent political trends such as Black Lives Matter. Black actress Alfre Woodard (whose portrayal of a comically psychotic wench was the only convincing characterization in 12 Years a Slave) appears as a grieving mother who blames Stark — standing in for the Military Industrial Complex — for the death of her child, a promising youth with a 3.6 grade-point average. Woodard’s “Who’s going to avenge my son?” shamelessly taps the illusion of Michael Brown, Freddie Gray, and Tamir Rice as Boy Scouts and potential Rhodes scholars. That’s way out of bounds.
>>
File: 1461459744677.jpg (104 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1461459744677.jpg
104 KB, 620x670
>>69215244
>>69215204
>>
>>69215204
This dumb nigger literally only looks at movies critics likes, bashes them, and vise versa.

He wrote a glowing review of Jack & Jill. He's not a real critic.
>>
>>69215289
He starts to see Superman as a human, with a mother, a family and so on...
>>
>>69215318
This pandering passes for political relevance among non-thinking viewers. So does the film’s multiracial superhero team, especially new inductee Chadwick Boseman (superb as Jackie Robinson in 42 and James Brown in Get On Up) as the offensively named Black Panther, a pseudo-African potentate who possesses suspiciously feline/feminine powers of vengeance. Black comics fans are an immediate target of Marvel Studios’ exploitation. Note the scene where Black Widow, played by the white, ultra-sexy Johansson, is confronted by Black Panther’s aide, a Nubian queen with fore and aft protrusions and powerful swagger. She threatens Black Widow: “Move or you will be moved!”

This patronization is consistent with Marvel Studios’ political infantilizing. The vigilante Avengers’ inability to avoid collateral casualties when fighting the bad guys raises the global body count. These blithe depictions of tragedies precipitate the film’s basic ideological quarrel, similar to that in the powerful Batman v Superman. Yet Civil War’s evaluation of this dilemma, of what’s at stake in American politics, is petulant and trite. Stark critiques the roguish Rogers: “Even when he’s wrong, he thinks he’s right. That makes him dangerous.” This tempts a Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren–style American self-reproach, just as Sanders is the model for an early scene of Stark at MIT funding every student’s research proposal. It’s alarming — if not offensive — to see an entertainment film feed this fatuousness to juvenile moviegoers so as to shore up their political fancies.
>>
File: 1459277459502.webm (180 KB, 480x400) Image search: [Google]
1459277459502.webm
180 KB, 480x400
>>69215318
>>69215279
>>69215281
>>69215244
>>
>>69215361
No wonder Civil War’s big blow-out — half the superheroes pointlessly battling the other half in a Leipzig airport — becomes repetitious and calamitous. It’s the most pointless, decadent scene of the year so far. Directing team Anthony and Joe Russo work by-the-numbers, staging blurry, undecipherable action and rounding up extraneous Marvel characters Ant Man (Paul Rudd) and Spider Man (Tom Holland) for comic relief. It’s rebooting on top of rebooting simply because fanboys love a reboot; that’s how pathetically indoctrinated we’ve become. The Russos’ Iron Man versus Captain America competition appeals to comics fans’ sophomoric cynicism, but the head-banging among invincible beings amounts to nothing; it lacks the magnitude of Batman v Superman’s soulful contemplation of wounded people who are torn and fighting against themselves. Marvel Studios shows no appreciation of what “civil war” actually means. At least the Wachowski siblings were genuinely implicated in the race/sex struggles of The Matrix (1999), but here, the Russos’ imitation of the Wachowskis’ diversity carnival doesn’t work; it’s not heartfelt theorizing, just exploitation. Without Zack Snyder’s visual wit, Marvel’s tedious, hackneyed formula costs this film’s political allegory its metaphorical heft. And a generation of filmgoers, now accustomed to comic-book pettiness, will lack the proper moral outrage. They’re ill equipped to realize how Civil War’s quasi-politics cheer our current state of incivility as a thrill ride.

When everybody’s vengeful this is the trash we get.
>>
>>69215289
Not the same guy, but basically, it's Bruce realizing that he's become the man behind the gun. Hearing his mom's name rattles him, but it's only after Lois comes in to shield Clark that he decides not to kill him.
>>
>>69215353
Doesn't he mention his Mother when hes about ho kill him though.
>>
>>69215152
>being this new

It is a /tv/ meme to invoke armond white since he is a notorious contrarian. Anyone bringing up that he gave a movie a good review is essentially presenting it as proof that the movie was shit.
>>
>>69211671

This.

Can't wait for the extended cut. I may enjoy Civil War more on a second viewing though as a kid was talking through the whole film.
>>
>>69215240
Martha wasn't both Superman and Batman's mom, they had separate moms, just because they have the same name doesn't mean their fucking kindred spirits or something fucking stupid. If a guy was slaughtering people and leveling a city, I wouldn't go "Wow, your mom's name is JANE? MINE TOO! Let's just give up fighting :^)"
>>
>>69215289
>They have the same name and Batman realizes he can't kill him cause he'd be disappointing another Martha?
Thats not the point
Its pretty much this.>>69215353

He kept trying to take Superman down due to the fact hes an Alien. Has no emotion and can go into a frenzy one day. But that changes once he realises he has a family.

Though there could have been a bit more dialogue than MUH MARTHA.
>>
File: 1462035570339.jpg (71 KB, 647x594) Image search: [Google]
1462035570339.jpg
71 KB, 647x594
>DCcucks restoring to Armond White reviews

You guys really need to let this go. Snyder has fucked you. Just tighten your belt, and hope Afleck does a good job with the solo Batman movie. Maybe Suicide Squad will turn out well too.

But for the love of god, don't humiliate yourselves like this.
>>
>>69215485
Snyder is not a good writer.
>>
File: 1462644407193.jpg (144 KB, 837x388) Image search: [Google]
1462644407193.jpg
144 KB, 837x388
>>69215436
>>
>>69215498
wanna bet these cucks will love civil war?
Especially rich with his weird spider-man fetish.
>>
>>69215436
Yes but he has the flashbacks to indicate that he now understands Superman.

>>69215508
Guess so, that scene could have been 10 times better. Its brilliant on paper but execution was shite (The movie itself)/
>>
File: 1461373182503.png (202 KB, 482x361) Image search: [Google]
1461373182503.png
202 KB, 482x361
>>69215314
Steve keeping that secret is totally in his character at that time. In fact, it is a secret many people would probably keep.

Your inability to understand that makes you literally an autist.
>>
File: The man who cucked DC.png (450 KB, 429x600) Image search: [Google]
The man who cucked DC.png
450 KB, 429x600
>“I came to comic books through my mother. I loved fantasy art — I love Frank Frazetta [the famed illustrator known for adult-oriented, sword-and-sorcery, and sci-fi imagery]. I went to boarding school. You weren’t allowed too many posters up, and everything I set up was slightly inappropriate. Frazetta’s naked girls, ripped up guys — the kids were like, ‘what the hell?!’ They had their Boy George posters up, I had crazy Frazetta. My mother saw I was into this comic called Heavy Metal magazine, so she got me a subscription. You could call it ‘high-brow’ comics, but to me, that comic book was just pretty sexy! I had a buddy who tried getting me into ‘normal’ comic books, but I was all like, ‘No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.’ I was a little broken, that way. So when Watchmen came along, I was, ‘this is more my scene.’”

>”Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. ‘Batman’s dark.’ I’m like, okay, ‘No, Batman’s cool.’ He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.”

This is the 15 year old edgelord they entrusted with an entire cinematic universe.
>>
>>69215592
So you in the habit of keeping secrets from your friends?
>>
bvs is only good if you are high and retarded
>>
File: 1462231930240.png (16 KB, 512x468) Image search: [Google]
1462231930240.png
16 KB, 512x468
>>69215608
"Batman needs to get raped in prison. That is my Batman." - Zack Snyder
>>
>>69215592
If it's in his character "at that time," why's it suddenly not in his character when it could have made the most difference?

One answer: shit writing.
>>
>>69215318
>In a similar sense, Civil War exploits recent political trends such as Black Lives Matter. Black actress Alfre Woodard (whose portrayal of a comically psychotic wench was the only convincing characterization in 12 Years a Slave) appears as a grieving mother who blames Stark — standing in for the Military Industrial Complex — for the death of her child, a promising youth with a 3.6 grade-point average. Woodard’s “Who’s going to avenge my son?” shamelessly taps the illusion of Michael Brown, Freddie Gray, and Tamir Rice as Boy Scouts and potential Rhodes scholars. That’s way out of bounds.
This is completely off base though. Civil War as just a more general story about freedom vs. security. It never even approached making allusions to Black Lives Matter.
>>
>>69215681
Also, knowing that there's tons of encrypted data from both sides of the coin out there just waiting for anyone to decipher it and knowing that there's a real good chance your tech genius billionaire buddy might find it on his own and fly off the handle, you're still just going to conveniently not tell him the truth?

Again: shit writing.
>>
>>69214496
>artificially injected pathos: The Motion Picture

Yet again: Shit writing.
>>
*tips fedora while stepping out of the shadows*

The pitiful peons at Marvel have underestimated the power of DC one time too many. The "Marvel Cinematic Universe". Huh. A shoddily shot, messily put together series of soulless and artless wastes of celluloid designed to appeal to the base intellects of moronic manchildren still dreaming of becoming powerful as they waste their lives away masturbating to images of Black Widow.

Only a fool and a weakling of mind could gain satisfaction from watching poorly animated CGI trade weightless and impactless punches while trading quips a severely mentally retarded Thai ladyboy would find beneath him/her.

DC understand cinéma. They understand kino. DC know how to build shade and light in a performance, how to engage the minds of true enlightened souls. DC have redefined not just superhero films, but the entire film industry itself.

Mentally challenged Marvel fanboys can only begin to grasp the tectonic shift in filmmaking that has been unleashed. Critics and reviewers fail to recognize a movie far ahead of its time once again, crying on their blogs about lack of snark and quipping - failing to recognize a literal masterpiece as it unfolds before them.

The public have responded. The entire filmmaking industry has been shaken to its core. DC have changed the game utterly - a new landscape is carved, a beauty is born, a God walks among men.

*teleports away*
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26 KB, 600x750
>>69214831
>Only the upper class appreciates it
>>
File: foryou.jpg (754 KB, 847x2886) Image search: [Google]
foryou.jpg
754 KB, 847x2886
>>
File: 171870872.jpg (56 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
171870872.jpg
56 KB, 604x453
>>69215634
Depends of the secret and the friend. Sometimes people lie because they think the truth would hurt too much. Sometimes people lie because they think the truth would destroy their friendship. This shit happens all the time kiddo. Most people do this (to some extent).

I'm not even joking....you are an autist. This is very basic human shit you should have learned for socializing in grade school. People lie, even friends lie sometimes. It's just the way shit it.
>>
File: 356835693670.jpg (25 KB, 249x386) Image search: [Google]
356835693670.jpg
25 KB, 249x386
>>69215468
If you can't read into the subtleties of that scene then spelling it out isn't going to help you. You need the theatrical debate and accusatory fingers being pointed for a movie to make sense. If the movie doesn't hold your hand and explain every detail to you like you're a small child, you will just meme about it forever.

>By some bizzarre coincidence I have a video tape of your parents being murdered with cinematic camera angles, because in 1991 there were security cameras on every remote back road in New York!

Is that what passes for good storytelling for Marvel Fans, but the Martha connection in BVS is somehow bad and terrible?
>>
File: 1462041746148.png (80 KB, 228x260) Image search: [Google]
1462041746148.png
80 KB, 228x260
>>69215681
>when it could have made the most difference

What are you even talking about? Have you ever even had a friend? Why don't you know how people work?
>>
>>69215954
When your choice is hurting them with truth now or hurting them later with that same truth and a betrayal of their friendship, you take the high road and go with the former.

Or you can be a cowardly, short-sighted little shit and go with the latter.

Choose your hero, senpai,
>>
>>69216008
>>69216109
Have you?
>>
>>69215993
Wasnt that his house
>>
>>69209092
Who gives a shit? All that matters to what's happening next is which one was more popular and thus made more money. Keep your personal opinions to yourself, this isn't your fucking blog.
>>
I didnt LOVE Civil War but it was a better made movie
I feel like BvS could have been better if not for its horrible editing and pacing
Civil War didnt do anything particularly good but didnt fuck up either. BvS is full of fuckups which just drags down its good points.
>>
>>69209092
Is this even a question
>>
Civil War was better, but BvS was not bad either.
>>
>>69216269
Still doesn't explain holding onto it for two and a half decades, unless you thought they were keeping it as insurance against Bucky going rogue.

That would almost make sense if we weren't talking about a brainwashed killing machine with a built-in compliance code. The fact that they took that original video tape and digitally transcribed it means they were voluntarily holding onto evidence of a crime for no real good reason.
>>
>>69215591
Execution is everything. Any idea can be shit or great on paper. Everybody has great ideas.

It is only the fucking execution that matters.
>>
I think that BvS was miles better in terms of cinematography and soundtrack and fight scenes and the whole overall stakes of the movie.
CW had slightly better dialogue and better jokes.
I think BvS is the clear winner
>>
>>69216442
Also, even if that was the Stark house, it doesn't explain why there were multiple closeup camera angles. You could say it's a storytelling technique but it was a damn sloppy one.
>>
>>69216508
>cinematography
In many ways, yeah

>soundtrack and fight scenes
I still don't understand this at all. Soundtrack just kept taking me out of the movie, and while the Batman fight scene was great, was unimpressed by everything else and overall pissed as fuck how little action there was (it's like 20 minutes total between car chase, BvS and Batman v Russians?)
>>
File: 1459636501183.png (875 KB, 770x527) Image search: [Google]
1459636501183.png
875 KB, 770x527
>>69215782
>>69215681
Jesus Christ you really are an autist! HOLY SHIT! Do you live in a fucking cave? Basement?

Cap wants to friends with Bucky and Tony. Telling Tony that Bucky killed his parents, when Bucky is still a villain to the world, is counter productive as fuck. Cap needs to clear Bucky's name first, before having to deal with all the horrible shit Winter Soilder did (including talking to Tony about his parents)....FUCKING DUH

Cap didn't know that Tony would find out so soon. Had he known, Cap would have obviously told Tony before hand to try to negate the damage.

How is that hard to understand? Honestly?
>>
>>69216524
Yeah, that bothered me, too.
>>
>>69216585
"Tony. I need your help with something, but before I ask, there's something that I need to tell you."

That's Cap from top to bottom right there.

Also, I have a code of my own. When the guy on the other side of the argument lowers himself to calling me an autist, I'm done arguing, because that means they've officially hit rock bottom.
>>
File: 3645835683956.jpg (89 KB, 679x660) Image search: [Google]
3645835683956.jpg
89 KB, 679x660
I think the thing I liked most about Civil War is that it might be what finally pushes me to go see Dawn of Justice again in Imax. I need to cleanse the pallet with some proper cape kino.
>>
>>69216585
>>69216711
Also, I'm talking about the elapsed time between TWS, AoU, and CW. They actually take pains to let us know there's been some elapsed time there, where Bucky wasn't wanted for anything more than the events that we saw in TWS, not blowing up the U.N.
>>
>>69216776
I know what you mean. Also fucking saved.
>>
File: 1461867186274.png (32 KB, 381x339) Image search: [Google]
1461867186274.png
32 KB, 381x339
>>69216109
>When your choice is hurting them with truth now or hurting them later with that same truth and a betrayal of their friendship...

That isn't the choice though. You don't know for certain that you will "hurt them later and be seen as a betraying them". You might not even think that is a likely thing to happen. You only know for certain that you will hurt them if you tell them now.

The best scenario is that you pick the optimal moment to reveal the truth and do it in such a way as to minimize the damage.

In this movie this would be clearing Buckys name, having him join the Avengers, having him become friends with Iron-Man, etc. Cap needs to make sure that Tony fully understand Buckys backstory. Cap, Bucky, and Tony sit down to dinner, in say 10 years, after countless battles, they tell Tony. That is how you minimize the damage.
>>
File: 12798278222.jpg (103 KB, 680x665) Image search: [Google]
12798278222.jpg
103 KB, 680x665
>>69216711
You are an autist though
>>
File: Batman-v-Superman_2542.png (290 KB, 636x263) Image search: [Google]
Batman-v-Superman_2542.png
290 KB, 636x263
Say what you want about bvs but I found the shots of superman saving people orgasmic. Just look at pic related

>all those spics trying to touch god
>the look of awe in all thier faces
>supes struggling to come to terms with the god worship

Nothing in civil war evokes that kind of emotion for me
>>
At least BvS didn't give me fucking nausea in the first thirty minutes.
>>
File: 1462402274928.jpg (49 KB, 668x412) Image search: [Google]
1462402274928.jpg
49 KB, 668x412
>>69216853
>Hey Tony!
>You know that assassin who used to be my friend in the 1930's?
>Yeah, the guy who wreaked DC and killed all those people!
>Well, I'm looking for him and hoping to rehabilitate him and get my friend back!
>BTW he MURDERED your parents!
>Now help me find and rehabilitate him!
>THANKS!!!!

Your Autism is off the charts!
>>
File: 143728366483820.jpg (3 MB, 3943x3174) Image search: [Google]
143728366483820.jpg
3 MB, 3943x3174
>>69211157

>>68926032
>>68926142
>>68926193
>>68926240
>>68926294
>>68926340
>>68926395
>>68926431
>>68926481

>>68992181
>>69128743

>A reading from the Acts of Man of Steel
>Scene 2:13: Selected passages

>3 And I heard a loud voice from the cinema saying, "Look! Snyder's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and Snyder himself will be with them and be their saviour.

>4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more repetitive or safe or cheap comedy or quips, for the old order of Marvel movies has passed away."

>13 And so they hated him, and persecuted him. The critics crucified him and threw rotten tomatoes at him.

>14 But he persevered and gained strength from the audience, and so we will persevere.

>15 And he stands by the right side of the spirit of Kino, and draws inspiration from it, and so will his followers.

>22 During the filming of the port battle at Batman v Superman, Snyder was found wandering along the port.

>23 In one of such instances he walked on water while carrying an IMAX camera on one hand, which greatly terrified his cast and crew at that time.

>24 Affleck, out of fear, shouted "Snyder, if it is you, tell me to come to the water!"

>25 "Come". Snyder said.

>26 Affleck stepped on the water and walked for a few feet but then sank. He cried out "Snyder, hast thou forsaken me? Save me, oh dear brother!"

>27 Immediately Snyder reached out his hand and caught him.

>28 Snyder exclaimed, "Bin Muhammad Afflecki, why did you doubt?"

>29 And so the heretic one vowed to spread the word.
>>
>>69216989
In that scenario, the optimal moment is during the down time between TWS, AoU, and CW - the time they want us to be aware of, yet still not think about too deeply.
>>
File: 1461464884349.gif (867 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1461464884349.gif
867 KB, 500x281
>>69209119
>>
>>69209119
Marvel fans, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>69209092
>>>69209092
>Civil War is a better movie, but have to admit it but I'm already so tired of Marvel formula
>this the level of autists lauding BvS 10/10
What formula you dumbfuck?
Show me where CW = Antman, Avengers, Winter Soldier, GoTG faggot
>>
File: 1461921384325.png (581 KB, 840x672) Image search: [Google]
1461921384325.png
581 KB, 840x672
>>69215010
Someone hasn't seen CW
>>
File: 1461494016156.webm (950 KB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
1461494016156.webm
950 KB, 1280x532
>>69215038
> Mooooooom! People are being mean on the internet
Can you sound more like faggot you DCuckster
>>
anxiously awaiting the widespread edgy appreciation of BvS that the Star Wars prequels are currently receiving
>>
>>69214812
I am not autistic enough to write walls of text like obsessed DCucks. the story holds together, it's fun to watch, it makes you feel happy as fuck, yet sad that the heroes are fighting. those are just few reasons.

BvS? they shoehorn an entire batman origin story, Wonder Woman outta nowhere, WW LITERALLY googling other heroes, that shithouse Lex, those pathetic symbolism shots, Doomsday because why not, Darkseid because why not. it was a disaster, and everyone agrees except tryhard contrarians and DKek neckbeards like.

gg fucking fag.

>>69214831
>you
>upper class

tipping fedora, m'faggot. gg, who's next.
>>
>>69214188

>Capeshit
>ever dying

Not in this lifetime, fuccboi.
>>
File: 1460852943863.png (169 KB, 1205x1285) Image search: [Google]
1460852943863.png
169 KB, 1205x1285
>>69219829
>>
>>69220768
>>69214496
Damage control that, faggot.
>>
>>69220857
okay :)

they don't have a fucking mind gem lying around like the one attached to Visions fucking forehead.

NEXT
>>
>>69220908
I guess that's why they needed the gem to fix Hawkeye, too, right? The gem had nothing to do with building the body. It was there to transfer Ultron's consciousness, it being the Mind Gem, and all.

Try again.
>>
>>69220908
Fucking nice try, fucking kid. How do I fucking know the fucking plots of the fucking movies you're fucking defending fucking better than fucking you fucking do?
>>
>>69221140
no, you're still utterly destroyed you pathetic DCuck.

Hawkeye wasn't wrecked, his bones and spine and everything were fine. he lost some skin, so they grafted it. WOW. something done in real life.

are they going to do that to Rhodey? fucking dumb piece of shit.

again, just like last time, NEXT.
>>
>>69221306
Ignore it all you want, faggot. The Vision is a fully functioning artificial being, complete with artificial spine and nerves, and they cucked you into swallowing that "muh broke spine" shit without a second thought.
>>
>>69221495
was it alive though? did the """spine""" and """nerves""" work without... hmm what was it again... OH YEAH THE FUCKING MIND GEM.

its the Mind gem that made it all happen. and Thors frankenstein moment.

you keep coming back for more when you lost 2 posts ago. NEXT
>>
>>69212015
>Civil War had very poor buildup to the actual fight between Captain America and Iron Man

The conflict has been built up since Avengers though. The fight was going to happen at some point.
>>
>>69221306
Oh holy shit. Are you really going to try to pull the "real life" card in a cape movie?

Who's the cuck again?

Jesus Christ, my fucking sides.
>>
>>69221594
The body was already complete before he ever even broke the gem out of Loki's staff. The scientist even commented on what a remarkable accomplishment it was.
>>
>>69221701
yeah it was complete, I can put together a skellington as well.

did it work? was the fuck walking around, just by creation? oh noooooo I dont think so. Mind Gem made it work.
>>
>>69221784
Vibranium made it work. The gem allowed him to transfer his consciousness like one would expect out of something called, you know, a MIND Gem.
>>
>>69209092
both great and totally different. therefore great for different reasons.
>>
BvS was very good
but overall CW is better. The story flows better and it has more fights overall, the action is better too.

I'd recommend watching both
>>
>>69209092
i haven't seen Civil War but there's no possible way it was worse than that piece of dogshit. It has to be the worst movie ever made in that budget range.
Every single one of the retards who defend it here do it ironically; that's how bad it really is.
>>
>>69222583
The edge in this post is so strong it could cut diamonds.
>>
>>69214831

Nah, this is a myth. Most great art is appreciated in its time. Sure, there are outliers like Van Gogh or Mozart but that is mostly because the artists were batshit crazy and didn't know how to promote themselves.

Hack Snyder whores himself out with expertise unlike the rare great misunderstood artists.
>>
File: lewd evans.png (459 KB, 674x640) Image search: [Google]
lewd evans.png
459 KB, 674x640
>>69209092
Civil War.
>>
>Despite the supergeeks’ arguing either against working for the restrictive capitalist government or for their own sense of doing right and correcting injustice, the fact is, nothing here has gravitas. Civil War is politics as adolescents misperceive social/global crisis. This has been going on for so long (ever since Hollywood realized the bounty to be had in cajoling comic-book culture’s ready audience; since, say, the 1978 Superman film, then 1989’s Batman) that, by now, the brainwashing is complete. The trivializing has grabbed such hold that when a genuine pop artist like Zack Snyder deepens comics lore into visionary, moral art (the profound Man of Steel and Batman v Superman), many fanboys, and critics, react with anger, resentment — and ignorance.

>To praise Civil War as entertainment is to accept its puerile conflicts. This is the moral reduction that has happened to American youth culture in the wake of the generational dissents of the Vietnam War. Movies as violent as the Marvel flicks are not pacifist but are proof of anti-military sentiment — such as became evident in the confused Ferguson protestations about “militarized police,” a foolish, redundant term exploited by manipulative media outlets and politicians. Civil War furbishes aggression simply to excite viewers who are as programmed as poor Bucky.

>In a similar sense, Civil War exploits recent political trends such as Black Lives Matter. Black actress Alfre Woodard (whose portrayal of a comically psychotic wench was the only convincing characterization in 12 Years a Slave) appears as a grieving mother who blames Stark — standing in for the Military Industrial Complex — for the death of her child, a promising youth with a 3.6 grade-point average. Woodard’s “Who’s going to avenge my son?” shamelessly taps the illusion of Michael Brown, Freddie Gray, and Tamir Rice as Boy Scouts and potential Rhodes scholars. That’s way out of bounds.
>>
>>69209092
Settle it democratically

http://poal.me/uv2ggv
>>
>>69223426
>This pandering passes for political relevance among non-thinking viewers. So does the film’s multiracial superhero team, especially new inductee Chadwick Boseman (superb as Jackie Robinson in 42 and James Brown in Get On Up) as the offensively named Black Panther, a pseudo-African potentate who possesses suspiciously feline/feminine powers of vengeance. Black comics fans are an immediate target of Marvel Studios’ exploitation. Note the scene where Black Widow, played by the white, ultra-sexy Johansson, is confronted by Black Panther’s aide, a Nubian queen with fore and aft protrusions and powerful swagger. She threatens Black Widow: “Move or you will be moved!”

>This patronization is consistent with Marvel Studios’ political infantilizing. The vigilante Avengers’ inability to avoid collateral casualties when fighting the bad guys raises the global body count. These blithe depictions of tragedies precipitate the film’s basic ideological quarrel, similar to that in the powerful Batman v Superman. Yet Civil War’s evaluation of this dilemma, of what’s at stake in American politics, is petulant and trite. Stark critiques the roguish Rogers: “Even when he’s wrong, he thinks he’s right. That makes him dangerous.” This tempts a Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren–style American self-reproach, just as Sanders is the model for an early scene of Stark at MIT funding every student’s research proposal. It’s alarming — if not offensive — to see an entertainment film feed this fatuousness to juvenile moviegoers so as to shore up their political fancies.
>>
>>69223543
>No wonder Civil War’s big blow-out — half the superheroes pointlessly battling the other half in a Leipzig airport — becomes repetitious and calamitous. It’s the most pointless, decadent scene of the year so far. Directing team Anthony and Joe Russo work by-the-numbers, staging blurry, undecipherable action and rounding up extraneous Marvel characters Ant Man (Paul Rudd) and Spider Man (Tom Holland) for comic relief. It’s rebooting on top of rebooting simply because fanboys love a reboot; that’s how pathetically indoctrinated we’ve become. The Russos’ Iron Man versus Captain America competition appeals to comics fans’ sophomoric cynicism, but the head-banging among invincible beings amounts to nothing; it lacks the magnitude of Batman v Superman’s soulful contemplation of wounded people who are torn and fighting against themselves.

>Marvel Studios shows no appreciation of what “civil war” actually means. At least the Wachowski siblings were genuinely implicated in the race/sex struggles of The Matrix (1999), but here, the Russos’ imitation of the Wachowskis’ diversity carnival doesn’t work; it’s not heartfelt theorizing, just exploitation. Without Zack Snyder’s visual wit, Marvel’s tedious, hackneyed formula costs this film’s political allegory its metaphorical heft. And a generation of filmgoers, now accustomed to comic-book pettiness, will lack the proper moral outrage. They’re ill equipped to realize how Civil War’s quasi-politics cheer our current state of incivility as a thrill ride. When everybody’s vengeful this is the trash we get.
>>
>>69220674
>batman origin story
>3 minute scene showing that lex has been spying on every super powered being on the planet

Holy shit dude . BvS wasn't even good but you sound like a total marvel drone. Honestly seek professional help
>>
>>69209092
BvS. Only if you're a casual dc fan. Ws still better than cw.
>>
>>69223613
Marvel BTFO for all eternity

14 year old Hispanic kids on suicide watch
>>
>>69214906
you mean "semen"
>>
>>69215007
seeing man?
>>
File: 1462555317118.jpg (612 KB, 1111x1021) Image search: [Google]
1462555317118.jpg
612 KB, 1111x1021
>>69211366
Yup, thats Civil War
>>
>>69209092
You remember when the babies had a sticky whhhaaaa don't spoil muh BveeeeeeeeeS
>>
>>69215010
But they did, several times, and they still would not come to an agreement.
>>
>>69209092
The interesting part of making heroes fight each other is that they are friends, then slowly become enemies because they fundamentally disagree.

Civil War is better purely based on that.
>>
>>69217181
LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD
>>
>>69223613
>It’s rebooting on top of rebooting simply because fanboys love a reboot
>fanboys love a reboot
This is how out of touch this man is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw
>>
>>69223613
>It’s the most pointless, decadent scene of the year so far.
No, that's BvS' tiresome Christ imagery.
>>
>>69214496
He's powered by an infinity stone and made out of vibranium, you think they have that spare for Rhodey?
>>
File: just zack my shit up.jpg (15 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
just zack my shit up.jpg
15 KB, 456x320
>>69224026
But muh God vs man!
Muh Jesus symbolism!
Please take my movie seriously, guys!
>>
>>69223543
>SJWs love BvS
Makes sense.
>>
>>69209092
I liked bvs better because it was fresh

I've seen civil war twice a year for the past 8 years
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.