[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a Jedi who used a red lightsaber? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (538 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
538 KB, 1536x864
Has there ever been a Jedi who used a red lightsaber? I don't get why Jedi are only allowed to use blue/green/purple, and dark side Jedi are only allowed to use red
>>
It's just a simple trope. Blue and green are the good colors and red is the bad evil color. The same reason the empire officers had nazi-like uniforms.
>>
>daily reminder that all light sabers were originally white.
change when hope was a succees
>>
>a long time ago
i really h8 this because why should i even care then
>>
>I don't get why Jedi are only allowed to use blue/green/purple, and dark side Jedi are only allowed to use red

Because Darth Vader had a red lightsaber and Luke Skywalker had a blue and a green one. So Lucas called every villain in the prequels "Darth" and gave them red lightsabers while giving the good guys green and blue lightsabers. Despite what retards here say, he too used nostalgic OT imagery to pander to fanboys, just like Disney.
>>
>>69206102

Leia used it in the EU
>>
>>69206102
I hope Rey chooses a different color than blue and green. Blue is so boring and Luke uses green already.

White or yellow would be perfect for her.
>>
>>69206426
>implying Luke will use a lightsaber in the ST

He became a master sage now. He doesn't need toys anymore.
>>
>>69206492
>greatest weapon ever

>toy
>>
>>69206426
Yellow would just make her into Bastila. She probably won't even make her own and just stick to Anakin's one.

>>69206492
That's what people expected from Yoda and Sheev.
>>
>>69206279
this is a good point.

up until the prequels there wasn't a connection between red lightsabers and the Sith or blue lightsabers and the Jedi, it was just the colour they had assigned to them.

Of course George had to fucking ham in the Sith's comic-book portrayal in the prequels and adopt a 2edgy4me black and red colour scheme.
>>
>>69206216
>blue is good
>red is evil

>Mace Windu uses a purple one
>purple is red and blue comined, so both good and evil
>he's black
POVERTY
>>
> I don't get why Jedi are only allowed to use blue/green/purple, and dark side Jedi are only allowed to use red

Canonically the reason is that the Jedi get their lightsaber crystals from special caves, and those only have green/blue crystals.

The Sith can't get into said caves because they're heavily guarded, so they have to use synthetic crystals, which create a red blade.
Some also say that synthetic crystals create a more powerful blade, and sith sabers have even shut down jedi sabers on contact.
>>
>>69206620
Mace's lightsaber style also uses strong emotions which makes him teeter between light and dark
>>
>>69206549
but htat happened in the prequels. in the OT they never used lightsabers. as it's supposed to
>>
Adi Galia used a red saber in Jedi Power Battles for PS1. Not canon, but still.

But the color difference has to do with the preferred power crystals the two sides use to power their saber. The jedi have several options, while the sith only have one. One of the major tasks of a padawan to make his own saber. Luke does this in a deleted Jedi scene.

In non-canon, the color represent some of their traits. Green relies heavily on force knowledge, blue relies heavily on light saber skill, yellow is kinda spy agent shit and purple is reserved for the very few who can use dark side elements without falling for the dark side. Again, not canon though.
>>
>>69206648
>those only have green/blue crystals
Where do the rest of the colors come from?
>>
File: 282976262262.jpg (11 KB, 155x202) Image search: [Google]
282976262262.jpg
11 KB, 155x202
>>69206426
>inb4 hollywood jews give her the first pink light saber
>>
>>69206850
The Ilum caves only have blue, green and yellow I think. Then the purple one is really rare and red is just synthetic. In the KoTOR games though, you can find red, white, orange crystals in the Dantooine caves.
>>
>>69206279
This. Technically speaking it's just a crystal or something so your lightsaber should look like whatever crystal you used.
>>
>>69206850
Nowhere. Yellow/White/whatever sabers aren't canon.

Mace has a purple blade because Samuel Jackson wanted a purple lightsaber.
>>
>>69206959
Ahsoka in that shitty Rebels show has a White/Gray lightsaber and it's canon. I think one of the Jedi in Episode II also had a Yellow one
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.