[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Bucky also becoming Captain America in the movies? Chris Evans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: captainamerica.png (422 KB, 655x315) Image search: [Google]
captainamerica.png
422 KB, 655x315
Is Bucky also becoming Captain America in the movies? Chris Evans said he wanted to retire, but still, I just don't see Sebastian Stan becoming Cap without a huge backlash
>>
Is there anything that can happen nowadays with a huge backlash?
From either SJWs or the alt-right

SJWs would lose their shit if bucky ends up being the new captain.
The alt-right would lose their shit if falcon became the new captain.

Fuck even if they share the title somehow both sides would find a way to bitch about it.
>>
>>69204108
The alt-right also lose their shit if Bucky turns out to be the new Cap as Sebastian Stan is from Romania, while the SJWs would be all over his dick because muh poor immigrant from a shithole eastern european country that they can't even place on a fucking map
>>
His contract only lasts for one mpre movie.

Pretty sure Infinity Wars pt 1 will end with him dying.
>>
>>69204145
Point is that backlash has become meaningless. It stops hurting sales since everything has backlash nowadays.

>"a huge group complaining about it on twitter"
has stopped being news and has become the natural state of twitter.
>>
>>69204060

all 3 are Cap.

Cap is an idea and all 3 are in a way creation thru legacy.

One falls and another stands in his place.

3 Caps for price of 1
>>
>>69204164
Winter Solder? He is the best one in the whole pile os shit though
>>
>>69204177
>>69204145
>>69204108
If anything it generates buzz. From the way you put it.
>>
>>69204186
https://youtu.be/4SYc_flMnMQ

souuds like some mild cliché
>metal gear solid
>life of brian
>>
>>69204186
>>all 3 are Cap.
The U, the S and the A
The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit

USA! USA!
>>
Of course not. Why would they allow the world greatest terrorist to become the leader of the Avengers? This movie has nothing in common with the comics.
>>
>>69204276

but it isn't well I guess it is but that is what military does. It romanticizes ideas that get people to fight.

I mean Cap and entire idea of him literally starts out as propaganda.. so it is a cliche..

The whole legacy thing is Sam has always been his battle buddy and then bucky is kind of childhood friend who takes up the shield.

Brubaker did a lot of formative things for Cap
>>
Falcon becomes captain America

Bucky is frozen and is eventually found by Deathlok in the future. He does end up wielding the shield in the deathlok flick

Screen cap this
>>
>>69204189
Iron Man: Winter SOLDER? Damn you, soldering is the only weakness why armor isn't immune from! DAMN YOU TO HEEEEELL!
>>
>>69204301

The car scene with Buck and Falcon is funny
>>
>>69204320
>>69204320
Seb Stan has a nine movie contract, so he is taking over the Cap role once Chris Evans retires (probably in Infinity Wars).
>>
>>69204352
No. He's becoming Nomad. Solo, on-the-road, movies and cameo in Avengers and Cap movies.
>>
>>69204060
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETN02z4nW08

>1:07

Certainly looks that way.
>>
http://www.ibtimes.com/captain-america-3-spoilers-chris-evans-may-not-retire-acting-following-marvels-phase-1887619
>>
File: 1461380284379.png (146 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1461380284379.png
146 KB, 800x800
>Infinity War
>Captain America dies
>post credits scene
>character with American-flag based costume appears
>it's Citizen V
>>
>>69204464

>Implying we would settle for british shits

>also citizen v is owned by mutants since forever
>>
>>69204513
But they have co-ownership over the rights of Deadpool and Spiderman, so it is not like he cannot appear in a shared universe.
>>
>>69204543

they could if they worked out a deal, I don't think its like quickslav though
>>
It certainly seemed like they were teasing it when Bucky picked up the shield during the three way fight. It was a very pointed moment, however brief.
>>
>>69204513
Citizen V has nothing to do with the X-Men

Also

>modern Citizen V
>british
>>
>>69204543
>Spiderman

Opinion disregarded.
>>
File: checkmate.jpg (850 KB, 1024x1589) Image search: [Google]
checkmate.jpg
850 KB, 1024x1589
>>69204623
>>
>>69204710

What's Cable's deal, anyway? I don't know anything about capeshit but that nigga was OP as fuck in MvC2.
>>
File: bangingthereds.jpg (543 KB, 1024x1605) Image search: [Google]
bangingthereds.jpg
543 KB, 1024x1605
>>69204762

had abilities, lost them, replicated them with advanced tech, had like some kind of jesus moment, sacrificed himself, blew into many cables, dp goes back into an alternate world and brings back core cable. saves the day while being stylish.
>>
>>69204710
>First Appearance - Thunderbolts #45 (December, 2000)

>Cable & Deadpool Vol 1 #29 - June 14, 2006
>>
>>69204811

>capeshit meets bioshock infinite

Well, glad I don't read this garbage.
>>
>>69204762

I don't know about his current story since comic writers love rebooting shit. As far as I know he's a mutant soldier who came from the future to prevent his fucked up future from coming to pass.
>>
>>69204164
>something substantia everl actually happening
>>
File: WhenyourbuddytakesaNukeforyou.jpg (571 KB, 1280x1989) Image search: [Google]
WhenyourbuddytakesaNukeforyou.jpg
571 KB, 1280x1989
>>69204762

now that I think about it, DP hits on Black Widow.

bet that would be super awkward.
>>
They missed their best chance to replace Cap with Civil War.
Replacing him now would be dumb and wouldn't have as big of an impact.
>>
>>69204976

He dies after civil war in comics, he can make a sacrifice in infinity wars
>>
>>69204543
>Deadpool

Deadpool/Moon Knight buddy cop film when?
>>
>>69205047

Fuck that, If we need a straightman, I'd rather tasky.
>>
>>69204060
After infinity war they will go full diversity and captain will be black thor will be a woman 100%
>>
File: 1460732138961.jpg (23 KB, 506x437) Image search: [Google]
1460732138961.jpg
23 KB, 506x437
>>69204108
>The Captains of America
>Ebony and Ivory crime fighting duo striving to maintain the Cap ideals after his passing

I kind of like that title. Some how make a second shield while in Wakanda and they could use them to preform double team ricochet moves and shit.
mite b cool
inb4 backlash from both sides
>>
>>69204060
They should have killed Evans at the end. Instead we got a letter that said "hey Tony it's cool between us now right". Fucking Disney
>>
>>69204164
If you are talking about Stan, he's in contract for 9 movies.
Plus after CW, a lot of them changed opinions.
Evans said he would have no problem with extending the contract, and RDJ said he'd be up to doing an Iron Man 4.
>>
File: WhenAllyouWantisaRemenderMovie.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
WhenAllyouWantisaRemenderMovie.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
>>69205235

I think a few good movies, and getting to hang out with your friends over the years makes it more fun and less a job plus money.
>>
>>69204060
as long as he's not the flying nigger
>>
>Chris Evans said he wanted to retire
wait, what? why?
>>
>>69204340
>Buck is all "that's my boy"
>>
>>69206108
He did a year ago to direct.
But the movie he directed flopped and changed his mind.
>>
>>69204060
>>
He's not retiring anytime soon you moran

http://uproxx.com/movies/chris-evans-captain-america-contract-marvel/
>>
The only MCU movies I've seen are Iron Man, the Avengers, and as of ten minutes ago, Civil War.

I don't get it.
>>
>>69206236

Winter Soldier, Falcon have also picked up the shield alongside Steve.

All 3 men have been Captain America.
>>
>>69204186
So what you're saying is

America cannot be kill
>>
>>69206182
This has to happen.
>>
>>69206236
>I've only read the 5th book of song of fire and ice, I don't understand the story
>>
>>69205168
>Falcon and Bucky singing Ebony and Ivory
Would watch/10
>>
>>69206325
I meant I just didn't understand the movie at all. The plot was easy to pick up, I just mean the fact that it's supposed to be about a Civil War, and really just wasn't.
>>
>>69206299

Exactly.
>>
>>69206355
You need to watch the previous movies to understand what's happening and why is a civil war (as in internal fight between borthers in arms)
>>
>>69206355

it is a simplistic division but it goes across many groups so they call it a civil war because you're either for it or against it.

Meaning people who are ordinarily most good, so good guys fighting eachother.

Civil war.
>>
>>69206355
It's because they kept it civil, without casualties.
>>
>>69204340
>can you move your seat up?
>no
>nigger

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>69206425
>good guys fighting each other

Except that didn't really happen, apart from that scene at the airport and Tony v Cap

I think I'm just confused as to why they tried to make a Captain America movie an Avengers movie.
>>
>>69206461

That if they do kill steve or he puts the shield down, we're going to have funny movies ahead of us.

Buckycap and falcon would be hilarious. Like two people being married that don't get along
>>
>>69206491

that has more to do with the fact Russos made a decent movie out of The Winter Soldier and I think most people did not expect that so then Marvel was like well we'll have them do this minor league big movie to see if they can do even bigger ones.

Sort of seeing if they can take over where Joss left off.
>>
>>69206535
Fair enough, that makes sense.

Do you mind recommending the absolute essential movies? Is it all of them apart from GoTG, which, according to a friend, is only tangentially related?
>>
>>69204108
Alt right only trolls these days.

SJW are the ones with any whining power because Hollywood is full of bleeding heart liberals
>>
He's going to become Captain America at the end of Infinity War Part 2 after Steve dies and Steve's Secret Avengers are officially pardoned after defeating Thanos.
>>
>cap eventually dies
>they unfreeze bucky and he becomes captain america

it's like true pottery
>>
File: Trump-Is-America.jpg (64 KB, 750x393) Image search: [Google]
Trump-Is-America.jpg
64 KB, 750x393
>>69206182
>>
>>69206592
Gotg is sick and deals with an infinity stone

So it's important
>>
>>69206736
>Gotg is sick and deals with an infinity stone
Sure
>So it's important
Not really, you can totally ignore it and don't miss a thing in the great scheme of things, is not essential
>>
>>69204108
>Is there anything that can happen nowadays with a huge backlash?

"Backlash" in today's society just means whining on social media and forgetting about it later. People are more apathetic than ever.
>>
>>69206592
Pretty much all of them are essential in some way, due to character development.
You really won't understand why Tony is doing what he's doing in Civil War without having seen how he's developed as a character since Iron Man 1.
You can skip Guardians of the Galaxy for now, but it's important in the grand scheme of things.
DCucks are going to meme this post with
>Marvel
>character development
>>
>>69206592

honestly they're a lot of movies but I sort of feel second avengers movie was a let down, you've seen the first one.

Majority of the other films while tangibly connected are basically a series of origin stories and movies that continue them as they wind together into the avengers movies.

if you've seen Civil War, then I would say you haven't lost much.

I think seeing the First Cap movie would fill in a lot of plot holes.

To understand the wider universe you actually do need Guardians of the Galaxy because it deals with Thanos.

Thanos is going to be the big bad in these next movies.
>>
>>69206606
Just because they are better at it doesn't make the alt-right whining any less annoying.
>>
>>69206821
GoTG characters don't appear in any other movie, so not watching that movie will do literally no harm (for now, we don't know what will happen in the future), you only need to know that a gem was found.
>>
>>69206911
Wow, it's almost like I said literally what you just said.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.