[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished the first season. It's pretty good, but when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: mm_end_frame-0-1280-0-1024-1.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mm_end_frame-0-1280-0-1024-1.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
Just finished the first season. It's pretty good, but when does it get God-tier?
>>
What do you mean
>>
>>69198420
Learn how to read.
>>
>>69198465
What do you mean?
>>
4th season is when it peaks. It's still good after that though
>>
Price hangs himself.
Cooper Dies.
Betty gets cancer at the end.
>>
It doesn't
>>
>>69198550
>he thinks spoiling Mad Men makes a difference
Literally nothing happens: the show
>>
Season 1, episode 1.
>>
the finale is shit
>>
>>69198314
It doesn't. I followed the show when i had nothing else to watch, and i understand why it works but at the same time, i thought that aside from some exploration of a certain moment in time and characters, there was not much to grab on for that many seasons.
Well except January Jones and Christina Hendricks of course, but that's my dick talking.
However there was one episode i really liked and kept when Don is in a diner and waits for his second wife to come back, and then she doesn't and he's freaking out and in despair and he thinks she's lost or something happened to her.
That episode only spoke to me on a personal level.
>>
>he believed /tv/ when they said Mad Men was good
You got meme'd on, son.
>>
>>69198910
literally pleb: the opinion
>>
>>69198314
well by the seventh episode -the marriage of figaro, i think- it's pretty obvious that mad men is on a higher echelon than brba deadwood etc...

by the finale you should be convinced it's working on another level

by the end of the third season you'll be praising god that it exists

by the fifth season you'll actually believe in god for bringing such beauty into existence

by the end you'll be a patrician and ready to accept matthew weiner as your god and saviour

but seriously, the show just keeps getting better and topping itself, arguably until de fifth season... sixth and seven are more polarising but in my opinion essential tv, along with the sopranos or the wire
>>
>>69199193
You wanna ride that dick any harder? You're delusional if you think Mad Meme is better than BrBa.
>>
>>69199227
Do you superhero loving morons ever let up? Not every thread needs to be filled with poorly done troll posts.
>>
>>69199227
only children think breaking bad is better than mad men

how does "fly" compare to the psychological depth of episodes like "the phantom", "The monolith", "Mystery date", etc...
>>
>>69198314
Fourth and fifth seasons are the best, but the show is phenomenal through to the end.
>>
Personally OP, I'd space it out. I waited for the final episodes to show up on Netflix and managed to avoid spoilers. Once the credits rolled on the final episode, I exhaled a deep breath. It had been a good run. I have trouble putting into words what it felt like. It does not move fast. But it moves at a steady pace. One day, I'm going to start it over from the beginning, and do it again. But that will be years from now.
>>
>>69198314
Honestly the first season is by quite a decent measure, especially in terms of the writing, the worst season. With season 2 they are still working out how to shoot the show and so many episodes end with a pull out through a door frame that it almost feels like satire. However, the overall quality of s2 is higher. By the time you get to s3 the show has really found its feet and it continues to be pretty amazing for its entire run.
>>
>>69198314
>but when does it get God-tier?

The first season.
>>
File: not_pleb_tv_show.png (72 KB, 1898x764) Image search: [Google]
not_pleb_tv_show.png
72 KB, 1898x764
>>69198314
>>
>>69198511
Everything before season 4 felt like a different show upon rewatch.
>>
>>69199227
Mad Men was a much better show than Breaking Bad. The last few seasons of BB were shit.
>>
>>69198314
Even though I liked S1, I think all 6 of the following are superior.

S4-S5 is truly eye wateringly good.
Because of the way the show is it's like it's a couple of different shows in one.

Season 1-2: Generation 1
Season 3: Generation 2
Season 4-5: Generation 3
Season 6: Generation 4
Season 7: Generation 5

It outdoes itself time and time again.
>>
>>69199227
>Jesse and Walt are friends
>JESSE AND WALT DISLIKE EACHOTHER
>Okay they're friends again
>OH SHIT WE'RE NOT FRIENDS ANYMORE
>Okay we're not friends but we have to work together
>OH NO FUCK YOU WALT

Yeah Yeah it's great
>>
>>69200317
the shift towards -starting around the fifth season, maybe the fourth- the darker end of the sixties was amazing.
>>
>>69198314
It doesn't really.
>>
>>69199227
>Drugs xD
>Science :P
>Not having health-insurance social commentary :/
>>
reminder the show is a jew trying to say the 50s/60s were all the fault of the goyim, and the world is so much better now.
>>
>>69201031
Are you implying the 50s/60s were better? Go back to reddìt, you le wrong generation faggot.
>>
>>69201109
The implication being jews need to be in control because the goyim can't take care of himself.
>>
>>69201144
Whoops, looks like you're lost, stormweenie. Here, let me redirect you to your containment board.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>69201109
50s and 60s had better architecture
>>
>>69201194
You're welcome to offer a conflicting interpretation.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.