[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So whats the deal with this? Im about to enter the 2nd season
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: FWWM_US_poster.jpg (184 KB, 320x464) Image search: [Google]
FWWM_US_poster.jpg
184 KB, 320x464
So whats the deal with this?
Im about to enter the 2nd season part that was not directed by Lynch.
Should I watch this after?
>>
>>69198081
twin peaks is all filler excepts the first episodes and the last one, what a fucking waste of time, all secondary plots are a boring cringe fest
>>
>>69198132
Thats a first, why does everyone else say its good.
So far its just ok for me
>>
>>69198081
It's a prequel film that shows the investigation into Teresa Banks' murder (the first girl Bob killed) at the start of it but the rest of the film details Laura's last days. It's not a bad movie but it's utterly pointless, rehashing and demystifying events for 2 1/2 hours that we already know, and what little we learn is pretty inconsequential and was better left inferred or unsaid. You're going to want more after the series closes but you're not going to get it here.
>>
>>69198505
Makes sense, thanks anon.
>>
who cares. sexy nude laura palmer.
>>
>>69198505
Wrong
>>
Just trashed my season two files after realizing they were just gonna continue to side track.the music is nice.
>>
Should have watched it first.
>>
Honestly I watched the whole series in weird chunks. I watched the pilot and then didn't continue watching the series until like a year later. Then I went from episode 2 to about episode 16 of season two over the course of a couple weeks. I didn't end up finishing the series until a couple weeks ago, there's just a lot of dense stuff going on. The subplots get pretty annoying in season 2, especially after most of the problems are resolved, I found myself skipping around on subplots I didn't like (namely anything with James.) I really loved the series overall, but it does have a lot of slow points (namely the plots with Josie and James.) I refuse to watch the movie because it seems almost redundant after reading the synopsis, and expecting more development.
>>
>>69198505
>utterly pointless
NIGGA PLEASE

The movie reveals Cooper is really still inside the Lodge, didn't lose his kindness even if his fear allowed BOB to take over his body, saved Laura's soul by guiding her to the White Lodge and that Bobby Briggs was fucking right in that the city was fucking disgusting and everyone was at fault for Laura's wild lifestyle and death.
>>
File: ian-cover[1].jpg (79 KB, 643x365) Image search: [Google]
ian-cover[1].jpg
79 KB, 643x365
After rewatching the show and the movie multiple times over multiple years, I think I honestly prefer the movie over the show.
it's more coherent and it includes everything I love about Twin Peaks except for based Dick Tremayne that is But it's got Laura, Cooper. the lodge spirits, dreams and visions and some genuinely unnerving scenes.
>>
>>69203387
>Dick Tremayne
best boy
>>
The part where coop appeared in lauras dreams was p rad
>>
So I started watching this yesterday and watched the pilot b since it was longer than A and they seemed to be the same. What the fuck?

Also the post is putting me off. Should I bother?
>>
>>69198081
The start of Season 2 is just great, there's a slow period of very mediocre episodes bang in the middle of the season though. But they aren't really skippable, you need the Cooper stuff (and that at least is still very good). Then a new character comes in in the final thirdish of the season and it starts to pick up again, and the finale is 10/10

Yes, watch the movie after. It's much, much darker in tone than the series really ever hits, and really explores Laura's psyche. And it doesn't really hit on any of the other characters in the town (though there's a fanedit that's worth watching after your first viewing that changes this, it's actually really good). The fact that some of the sets are different might irk you a little, very few of the places that are in both the show and the movie look the same.
>>
File: sherilyn00-740.jpg (82 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
sherilyn00-740.jpg
82 KB, 500x740
>>69203859
I almost forgot, Audrey best girl.
>>
>>69203995
She's stunning.
>>
Annie reminds me of Rose Mciver.
>>
>>69198505
are you fucking retarded
>>
File: Shelly-Johnsonh[1].jpg (118 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Shelly-Johnsonh[1].jpg
118 KB, 720x480
>>69203995
she's pretty, but Shelly is a divine beauty
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.