[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>third world dictators are good guys now This was almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6
>third world dictators are good guys now

This was almost as retarded as US Goverment giving the Avengers to UN instead of just nationalizing them.

I still liked him
>>
>>69197314
3rd world dictators are always treated as friends by western governements as long as they play ball.
Also Ghaddafi>Assad.
>>
>>69197314
Wakanda are an advanced and peaceful race who contribute to humanity.

That being said, it is a completely fictional place and had to literally be made up for black comic book readers because no place in sub-Saharan Africa at any point in time has ever not been a third world shithole or contributed anything to humanity.

But yeah Black Panther was cool.
>>
>>69197314
WE
>>
File: wwkns.jpg (152 KB, 899x315) Image search: [Google]
wwkns.jpg
152 KB, 899x315
>>69197421

They needed a black atlantis.
>>
File: 1459589576866.jpg (320 KB, 861x849) Image search: [Google]
1459589576866.jpg
320 KB, 861x849
>>69197455
WUZ
>>
>>69197480
Basically.
>>
>>69197421
>because no place in sub-Saharan Africa at any point in time has ever not been a third world shithole or contributed anything to humanity
Well... Not while blacks have been in control. Rhodesia and South Africa were going places but were cut short by external pressure.
>>
>>69197314
>Wakanda
>"Third world"
Why do fake comic geeks post here again?
>>
>>69197421

That country looked like a shit hole in the movie. The only nice places were owned by the goverment.
>>
>>69197569

The MCU version looked nothing like comic version. Stop trying so hard.
>>
>>69197609
It was clearly very advanced, they had all those sterile white sci-fi rooms and glowing orange monitors
>>
>>69197588
If you're talking about Lagos, that's Nigeria. If it's the post-credit scene, we only saw the interior of one building, jungle and mist, and then the Panther statue.
>>
>>69197421

They closed themselves to the rest of the world, including other blacks. Wich make me think that they also despise other blacks.
>>
>>69197685
Yeah. They're pretty cool.
>>
>>69197314
>not liking Based Black Panther
im a fucking /pol/ tard who grew up in newark new jersey, surrounded by loud and violent niggers, so im pretty fucking racist

and i still love the guy in both the comics books and the movie
>>
>>69197723
>not reading spoiler
>>
>>69197421
I sincerely doubt he was actually created for the 5 black guys who read cape comics in the 70s.

Race issues aside, an afro-futurist country is a cool concept that can be enjoyed by people of any creed, as long as they don't attach some retarded "they did it to appease niggers" or "we wuz kings" narrative to it.
>>
>>69197723

apparently not anon

you need to go deeper
>>
>>69197742
>I sincerely doubt he was actually created for the 5 black guys who read cape comics in the 70s
Except he was.
>>
>>69197742

isn't that exactly what they did though? Are you implying they didn't have some underhanded blackxploitation behind the original character?
>>
>>69197749
Prove it.
>>
>>69197742
Black Panther was catered specifically to black readers. That was the point, to create a black superhero.
>>
>>69197739
i meant not liking him in general, as OP makes it seem as though its odd to have liked him

you fucking nigger
>>
>>69197421
Black Panther isn't cool anon, T'Challa is badass. Fucking badass.
>>
I'm taking my wife's son to see the Captain America vs Ironman movie, be loves the black panther character what am I in for?
>>
>>69197830
your wife's son would probably enjoy batman vs superman more

children of single mothers end up to be DamageControl fags more often
>>
>>69197767
How so? The stories were never about some urban black guy getting revenge on the (white) Man, like virtually all of blaxploitation is.
In fact the most famous run has a white guy POV.
>>
After looking at >>69197483
have they ever mentioned in the Comics if Wakanda was involved in the Trans-Atlantic Slave trade back in the day? I think that would be an interesting angle but Marvel wouldn't touch it now. it would make so many people butthurt.
>>
>>69197622
>>69197588
they never went to wakanda in civil war, wakandan's where killed in nigeria
>>
>>69197785
>Black Panther was catered specifically to black readers
Source.
>That was the point, to create a black superhero.
Not the same thing and Marvel already had a black superhero.
>>
>>69197882
T'Challa is fucking BADASS
>>
>>69197859

They created an entirely new place in the same way they did for Cable and it was only created after it was pushed that they didn't have enough minorities, same with new mutants and a lot of other All New type drivel. You act like pandering comes out of nowhere.

They've been doing it for a long, long time.
>>
>>69197862
Considering they've pretty much never touched on slavery in the US, there's really no reason to focus on that part of history in the rest of the world either.

You should probably read some non-big 2 comic if you want grown-up themes.
>>
>>69197872
Did you miss the credits scene where Black Panther lets them store Bucky in Wakanda?
>>
File: comicvillains911.jpg (532 KB, 750x896) Image search: [Google]
comicvillains911.jpg
532 KB, 750x896
>>69197946
>>
Black Panther is MOTHER FUCKING BADASS
>>
>>69197421
>no place in sub-Saharan Africa at any point in time has ever not been a third world shithole

What about the Mali empire anon?
>>
>>69198012

I think they meant about building things that last sort of deal.

I mean even native americans figured out mound building.
>>
>>69197314
Is there a white supremacist villain I can root for?
>>
>>69198075
>white supremacists
this meme again
>>
>>69197908
>after it was pushed that they didn't have enough minorities
I've honestly never seen those complains pre-2000s.
>You act like pandering comes out of nowhere.
I act like I've seen no indication that they were particularly pandering to an existing demand, because I've seen no indication of it. Nobody was asking for the X-Men to have a Russian kolkhoz farmer and an Irish whose power is screaming really loud.

Exploitation and pandering aren't really the same thing.
>>
>>69198075
No but you can cheer for Black Panther the guy is badass hes like a black Batman he is so badass.
>>
>>69197983

This shit was so fucking dumb. They should have had Dormammu there with a tear going down his face.
>>
>>69198095

Well your last sentence is literally based on point of view. If you're a white guy and all you see is white guys buying comics and then they change what they're making and do not understand why.

It isn't hard to accuse people of pandering. I mean aren't a lot of these people self-avowed isms of all stripes? Their bias leads to point of view.

You're looking for evidence that isn't going to be apparent.

Like Marvel isn't going to come out and go, We want girls and minorities Anon!

They'll create an all new, whatever team, to give as wide a shot of characters to be projected onto.

That is what you're asking to be ancedotally explained to you.
>>
>>69197983
Did they ever explain how a city full of heroes could not stop 9/11?
>>
>>69197983
>showing genocidal maniacs being saddened by 9/11
>grown-up
You just know they would have been exstatic, but Marvel couldn't show them that way because it would make them iredeemable to readers, and considering how often Doom and Mags turn coat that wasn't happening.
>>
>>69198059
Well the Malians did have a nice empire.

Sadly it was built using mud-bricks which require continuous maintenance and when the eventual collapse happened the effort to maintain libraries and mosques faded.

Doesn't mean it wasn't worthy of
>>
File: faiza-hussain.jpg (160 KB, 654x332) Image search: [Google]
faiza-hussain.jpg
160 KB, 654x332
>>69198095

This pic related is Captain Britain.

Britain.
>>
>>69197983
this is fucking stupid jesus christ.

I mean don't these people WANT to bring down the order that the twin towers represented?
>>
>>69198095
>>
>>69198177
>You're looking for evidence that isn't going to be apparent.
Maybe because it's not there and all you have is loosely constructed and biased conjecture.
>>
>>69198219
*worthy of recognition

fug
>>
Eat da poo poo
>>
>>69198231
She's one of 9 million captain britains in the multiverse, yeah. Also she was created in the last 5 years, we're talkking about creations that predate the 80s here.
>>
>>69198231
>>69198257

Any reason why this whore is showing so much skin?
>>
>>69198219

I understand some of the art they did was interesting but as a world thing on world stage it is small potatoes which is why people shit on it.

And the fact that africans helped the colonials enslave their enemies thus giving the colonials a reason to stay there in first place is like celts helping Rome build cities on their land without realizing what they were doing.

>>69198243
>>69198181
>>69198179

I understand the sentiment and feeling at time that a lot of people were scared so it makes sense if you can remember how it felt just after it happened..but sometimes people can be dumb.
>>
>>69197946
so did slavery never happened in the marvel universe?
>>
>>69198309

>replying to those three and not me, the person who posted originally
>>
>>69198309
So basically what you are saying is go stone or bust.

Seems a bit meh of a criteria.
>>
>>69198271

No I'm constructing a point of view that makes sense based on the evidence. If you want to bring more people to your product, then you widen scope of the people that would project onto it, ensemble casting.

It makes sense in business but it is still pandering.
>>
>>69198328
It happened, it was referenced a couple of times, but it doesn't come up that often because it's ancient history in their context. The segregation era is more likely to be brought up.
>>
>>69197314
>dictator

monarchy you meme loving fuck, he's part of the monarchy.
>>
>>69198148
>>69198333

Sorry anon, I was posting to multiple people and you slipped through.

A lot of stuff was overly patriotic for awhile. Remember Freedom Fries?
>>
>>69197421
WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIEET MAI NIGGA
>>
I genuinely always liked Black Panther.

Because he was never a stereotypical gangster nigger or shit eating savage.

He was a good person, who did good things, and was badass as fuck.

Plus he's a king of his own country.

He was also the best character in the movie.

"You were consumed by vengeance, and so was I"
>>
>>69198365

Well the mutants were a discriminatory 'allegory' for a lot of social issues.
>>
>>69198302
taqiyya

it's to placate the infidels
>>
>>69198344
>the evidence
The "evidence" is literally only "there are minority and female characters". The intention is entirely contructed by you.

> If you want to bring more people to your product, then you widen scope of the people that would project onto it, ensemble casting.
You're saying that like they even got X-Men in soviet Russia, or like there's any evidence that this actually works. Black people's favorite superhero is Sipder-Man (the white one), not any of the characters that were allegedly created to appeal to them.

By that reasoning you literally can't include minority characters without it being interpreted as pandering.
>>
>>69198380

>What is a benevolent dictators and/or divine right absolutist

You aware you can be both a monarch and dictators right? The terms are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>69198380
Non-constitutional monarchies are by definition dictatorships.
>>
>>69198343

Not just stone but in a larger historical sense, making shit that lasts is seen as a byproduct in how culture is valued after whatever group built it.

I mean if you want to see any better evidence of this, look at Aztecs, Olmec, Incas, Mayans.

I mean we could find out that some time long ago that step pyramid was built by a civilization not far from Japan that is in ocean.

Building things that last captures the imagination and makes people writing the history respond more favorably to it.

See Dinosaurs. Or Easter Island
>>
>>69198302
Any reason why she wouldn't?
>>
>>69198538
You just seem to be a victim of the "muh big buildings" meme.

There's a lot more to history than stone temples.
>>
>>69198455

I think the time the creation is created in matters as much as content itself at least in terms of understanding this argument. Intention matters and a lot of people were worried not enough people were reading comics so they created things to expand out to try and lure other demographics in. I never put the onus on it succeeding or that various minority groups need to be attracted to it.

Falcon, Sam Wilson was created in an utterly racist time and his sources go back to when world war 2 propaganda stuff was being made and was turned into something more worth while. I see that as non-pandering because not only when it was made but how it was made and used.

If you took Sam-Cap out of that context and dropped him in his all-new team book that he's in, it would look like pandering without the build up.

Distinction in arguments matter because it is literally how you're defining them. Same reason you see character purity arguments, legacy arguments versus genderbending and racewashing characters.
>>
>>69198538
>See Dinosaurs. Or Easter Island
Those are weird-ass examples.
The dinosaurs never built shit yet they're more popular in pop culture than the Sumerians.
The Easter Island people were so intent on building shit for reasons that they killed themselves doing so and have left nothing to interpret who they were beyond statue builders (not that anybody cares about them either way).
>>
>>69198602

Obviously but I am explaining why pan-african history gets shat on. In terms of world history Indian explorers and Chinese ones did more for world and trade than most people will ever know.
>>
>>69198649

I was using examples that capture the imagination beyond their initial value of what they actually are. The idea of the Romans instead of Rome itself.
>>
>>69198621
>a lot of people were worried not enough people were reading comics
> they created things to expand out to try and lure other demographics in
Source?
You can't keep just saying stuff. The industry was doing fine in the 1970s.

Your criteria (that a minority character has to be created during a racist time period to not be perceived as pandering) is completely arbitrary, and I don't know why you'd expect people to agree with it.
>>
>>69198755

I never said it had to be created in a racist time, I said context matters. I also said nothing about 1970s. I said pandering happens as they try to expand into markets beyond their initial readerships and if everything was fine. Why did a lot of rights end up being sold to keep companies from going under, the big 2 have had problems.

That says nothing for the other companies as well but we'll just stick to limited point that context matters when you're talking something as if it takes advantage 'blacksploitation' type shit versus just creating a character without motivation or agenda (pandering)
>>
>>69197394
>Ghaddafi>Assad

nah
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.