[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the greatest film ever made, and why is it the sincere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
What is the greatest film ever made, and why is it the sincere masterpiece The Thin Red Line?
>>
>make war film
>tell actors to march
>film a flower
>masterpiece
>>
the only flaw is the acting by the Japanese soldiers. they act deranged and bloodthirsty in a way that works against what the movie's supposed to be about
>>
>>69197096
When do they act bloodthirsty? I don't see it at all. They act like scared, confused humans, fits perfectly
>>
>>69197002
Taste of Cherry is a superior minimalist film
>>
New World is the only Malick I have left. Is it bad?
>>
>>69197123

I'm literally watching it right now and I can confirm this
>>
Didn't he just cut a lot of scenes and actors out?
>>
>>69197160
it's decent. not weird like his new ones so that's good, but not as good as TTRL or TTOL.

still mallick though so solid

>>69197230
i literally think ttrl is truly truly amazing, like an absurdly good film that literally changed my outlook on life
>>
>>69197123
either you're being disingenuous, you weren't paying attention, or it's been a really long time since you've seen it. many of them are clearly not scared, which is historically accurate. japanese soldiers were brainwashed into never surrendering and willfully fighting to their death. this was a big reason why American soldiers were so much more brutal towards them than the Germans. the Japanese military ethos of the period shared a lot in common with Jihadism

the issue here is the acting. the actors playing the japanese soldiers aren't of a caliber of the main characters and it shows. they often come across like deranged monsters
>>
>>69197160
It's very good, but Tree of Life is best.
>>
>>69197160
I dunno, but I grew up with the Kilcher family, and one of their younger women is in the film. I should probably watch it.
>>
>>69197329
>Tree of Life is best

You obviously have shit taste, so I don't know if I can trust your advice.
>>
>>69197230
So you haven't even watched the whole movie, and for some reason think that gives your opinion more credence. God this place sucks.
>>
>>69197002
Avatar is the greatest film ever made.
>>
>>69197358
Maybe The New World isn't for you since art is something you can't appreciate.
Can I recommend you a "deep" Chris Nolan movie instead?
>>
>>69197283
there was an origiinal cut that was like 5 hours long but supposedly it wasnt finished and wasnt great, just lots of shit thrown together

>>69197387
he didnt say he hadnt seen it before, just said he was watching it right now. faggot.
>>
>>69197313
no i wasnt being disingenuous at all, and what you said about how the soldiers were in real life is completely true, but dude you might be thinking of a different movie, sands of iowa jima or something... the majority of the soldiers were very weak and dead. definitely some killers, but not a single one was "bloodthirsty"
>>
>>69197387

I've seen it several times dickcheese
>>
>>69197002
it was fine until the comical nick nolte voiceover
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 680x895) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 680x895
>>69197329
>tree of life is best

Muh pseudo intellectual hipster garbage
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 192x192
>>69197002
>Incorrect

Pic related.
>>
>>69197636
>sands of iowa jima or something
letters from iwo jima
incidentally, a better film than Thin Red Line
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.