[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will the historically inaccurate film genre make a comeback?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: mel-gibson-braveheart.jpg (201 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
mel-gibson-braveheart.jpg
201 KB, 600x400
When will the historically inaccurate film genre make a comeback?
>>
>>69192841
How is it inaccurate? DO NOT LEAVE THIS TAB ANSWER NOW USING YOUR OWN KNOWLEDGE
>>
>>69192875
They didn't wear kilts back then for one.
>>
>>69192875
well for starters, everything is wrong.
>>
>>69192875
The battle scenes are horrible inaccurate for one.

Like, they fire some arrows which is fine I guess, but the cavalry just running into them without retreating, regrouping and trying again is retarded. But whatever they all die right? So they can't charge again.

Okay so you lost all your cavalry which is like the most important type of soldier in medieval times because it breaks apart infantry formations and can run down retreating men, causing the most casualties. But you lost them so retreat right? or maybe keep firing arrows at the scots who have zero archers.

Nope. charge every infantry man in without any formations or strategy, just charge. And when they do charge the men run in and die without any regard for their own safety, they just go into the melee and swing around until they die.

not how battles work, literally ever. Men are scared in war, they sit back together, as a unit, and the brave ones go out, fight for a little while, tire quickly and either get wounded, die or scramble back to their friends and let someone else go in. Its not just one giant orgy where everyone dies. Because they literally all died on the English side in the movie, except for the general and some archers, all the infantry and cav died.

Thats medieval warfare in general, not the battle of stamford bridge.
>>
Probably my second favourite Mel Gibson movie, behind Apocalypto.
>>
>>69192875
#1 everything

the real longshanks was a huge pussy who sold out
>>
When people get bored of capeshit.
>>
>>69193144

Everything you said is true but it wouldn't be cool
>>
>>69194985
What would've been cool is at least trying to replicate the battles historically while still presenting it with the rules of cool in mind.

You could still have the over the top melee fighting but ffs the battle was called stirling bridge, yet it doesnt exist in the movie

They could've shown off wallace's superior tactics by waiting on the charge until the english crossed with enough forces that the scotts could kill without biting off more than they could chew
>>
>>69195630
If you made Braveheart using these strictures as standards it would not still be remembered today
>>
i hope the new thing is historically truthful myth and fantasy. imagine an Odyssey made like The Witch. basically recreating the world that the Greeks of the period perceived, including both the mythical stuff and the historical realities
>>
Inarritu messed it up with The Revenant
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.