[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: psycho.jpg (97 KB, 530x821) Image search: [Google]
psycho.jpg
97 KB, 530x821
What went right?
>>
>>69189170
Top tier cinematography, suspense, and the twist halfway
>>
Anthony Perkins' 10/10 GOAT performance for one

Also Hitchcock's total willingness to throw the entire rulebook out the window just to give himself a laugh and then actually being skilled enough to pull it off.
>>
>>69189170

Everything went right

Suspense from the start

Shocking scene involving the lead actress

Mystery in the second half involving Norman and his mother

Gigantic plot Twist

Eerie finale
>>
File: Alfred-Hichkok-priglashaet6.jpg (109 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
Alfred-Hichkok-priglashaet6.jpg
109 KB, 1000x600
Find a flaw. You literally can't.
>>
>>69189170
Hitchcock went right
>>
Bernard Herrmann's score.
>>
>>69189170
10/10 director
10/10 cast
10/10 acting
10/10 soundtrack
10/10 plot
10/10 themes
10/10 photography
10/10 editing
>>
>let's have a character come out and explain the whole plot to the audience in the last 15 minutes.
>>
>>69190588
>whole plot

How do you figure?
>>
>his favourite Hitch film isn't Vertigo
>>
>>69190588

Roger Ebert acknowledges that in his Great Movies review but for the time in the 60s it worked having it be in there.
>>
>>69189468
>Find a flaw. You literally can't.
Wasn't a cannibal and didn't wear Janet Leigh's skin afterwards.
>>
>>69190632

Fight me.
>>
>>69190588
The science of jewish mind tricks was not widely known at the time. This is one of the movies that really popularized cliched personality profiling.
>>
>muh critique of capitalism

marxist critics need to fuck off
>>
>>69189468
>Needless exposition from psychiatrist talking to the audience for five minutes straight.

Every fact in that speech (killed his mother because of jealousy and created a split personality) could and should have been shown to us rather than just bluntly spat out as an epilogue. Maybe the "he wouldn't hurt a fly" monologue accomplishes most of this, but I bet Hitchcock thought it would go over everyone's heads. It was the first of its kind after all.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.