[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you been watching Horace and Pete? I just finished
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Horace and Pete.jpg (320 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Horace and Pete.jpg
320 KB, 800x800
Have any of you been watching Horace and Pete? I just finished episode 10. Thoughts?
>>
It's shit. Any more questions?
>>
>>69188153
The dialogue is certainly wooden at times, but I thought it told a compelling story. What is your gripe with it?
>>
Is there a more depressing show?
>>
Hopefully the massive financial failure will give CK an ego check.

He seems to think he's Fellini or something. His show is fine but he's sill just a fucking comedian and he needs to remember he's not some master writer or creator of characters.
>>
>>69189812
Yes he needs to learn some humility and stop showboating all the time. All those fancy cars you always see him driving, the way he openly mocks the poor in interviews, I mean how out of touch can you get?
>>
>>69189812
>massive financial failure
This isn't remotely accurate. He'll break even in a year and make a hefty profit when he sells it off to Hulu or Netflix or wherever. All shows start in the red.
>>
Really disappointing. His regular show is usually pretty good, but this was just boring, angry and depressing.
>>
Louis is still a cuck but Buscemi was good in this.
>>
i love that he has all his characters sleep with black people. i thought it was a meme, but apparently he really is a cuck.
>>
>>69191032
Louis has flat explained that the way he marketed the show, as in not at all, is what led to no one watching or ever hearing about, and in return, making no money what so ever.

According to him, this was all done on purpose, he literally didn't want anyone to know about the show. So he's a hipster cuck
>>
>>69192657
I really wish there was an episode of SNL coming up for him to host, I'd love to see a parody commercial for the Louis CK Marketing Consulting Firm. Already have the slogan "Less is more, so nothing at all must be the best there is!"
>>
I really liked it. I thought episodes three and six were incredible. although I must admit it's kind of a one time thing. I can't see my self ever going back to rewatch it later on.
>>
I hate Louis CK after watching Horace and Pete. It's exactly the sort of thing that I've always aspired to make, and nothing I do will be even remotely as good or as devastating.
>>
>>69191940
The final scene before Alan Alda's character dies is my favorite. Even though I think you're supposed to be laughing at him I thought he was right.
>>
The show was way to judgmental and political. I found his bullshit handling of mental illness deplorable and fascist.
The show has some charms to it and often looks nice but it was a disappointment.

>>69194077
Dude no. Grow up.
>>
buscemi was dope, it's a teleplay and most people watch it like it's a drama show
>>
>>69194330
>I found his bullshit handling of mental illness deplorable and fascist.
>fascist

drill a hole in your head to let the demons out
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.