[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They wrote themselves into a corner with this dude. Literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
They wrote themselves into a corner with this dude. Literally - how is it even a fight if he's involved? He can hold Thor's hammer. He has an infinity magic rock thing in his fucking head. They backpedaled on his power level so fucking hard.
>>
>>69183030
A superhero is only as strong as the writer wants him to be.
>>
>>69183296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiYazotcgjg

indeed anon but check out this video for that little problem of yours.
>>
File: 1350988935414.jpg (66 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1350988935414.jpg
66 KB, 251x251
>>69183030
>He can hold Thor's hammer.
that only means he is worthy, the actual hammer weights 42lb
>>
>>69183030
lmfao scarlet witch is levels beyond him, she can undo the universe or re-imagine it as she wishes, all he can do is operate inside of it as much as she would allow him
>>
Same reason why Tony's suit went from surviving a tank shell to being battered by human punches
>>
File: InfinityMagicCockRing.jpg (18 KB, 354x354) Image search: [Google]
InfinityMagicCockRing.jpg
18 KB, 354x354
Googled "infinity magic cock ring."
Was not disappointed.
>>
>>69184301
one could argue that it was the vibranium arm and shield that did the damage, nullifying molecular vibrations would make his suit alloy brittle
>>
>>69184477
That and his suit getting progressively lighter with different alloys in order to be combat ready anywhere.
>>
>>69184477
He also got injured by a few cars landing on top of him.
>>
File: 1367235484463.jpg (132 KB, 689x713) Image search: [Google]
1367235484463.jpg
132 KB, 689x713
>it-took-35-hours-every-day-to-transform-paul-bettany-into-the-vision-character
>>
You gotta think that Vision isn't just a WMD, he's a smart WMD. He's not going to level an entire city block to kill Team Cap even though he could. How he accidentaly zaps Rhodes and his reaction in the hospital showcase why he doesn't want to go all out.
>>
>>69184301
>human
>>
>>69184600
That was fucking ridiculous. A broken arm for cars landing on him? In a suit of armor?
>>
>>69183030
Focus group testing determines actual strength, just like how Luke Skywalker is worth 30 stormtroopers even as a fresh faced desert rat who's military training consists of taking pot shots at womp rats.

Iron Man is arguably the most popular while Wanda and Vision are sideshows in terms of audience investment.
>>
>>69184622
>meanwhile jlaw refuses to undergo an hour of putting on makeup to turn into a smurf
>>
>>69184680
>Steve and Bucky punch with a force greater than that of an artillery shell

>>69184701
Oh shit you're right, I forgot about that time when he got torn up to shreds by by a giant propeller
>>
>>69184600
well he was pinned and the suit has joints, i'm not sure the cars damaged the suit. Warmachine broke Rhodey's spine but the suit seemed fine(except for the chest)
>>
>>69183547
Only if you cherrypick the one most powerful version of her.Average scarlet witch isn't nearly that powerful.
>>
>>69183030
Did you not watch the movie and saw Scarlet Witch whoop his ass with one move?

Also Thanos is probably going to kill him or something considering he has an infinity gem.
>>
>spends half the movie being a condescending prick to Wanda about her powers
>loses his composure in the next battle and fucks up, permanently crippling his teammate

vision a shit
>>
>>69183030

You could try watching the movie and it'll answer your question. He has powers and he could probably wreck them all, but he was holding back because he didn't want to kill their asses.
>>
>>69184658
he shouldn't accidentally be doing shit. him missing his shot was bullshit
>>
>>69184301
>human punches
I wish I could punch with the force of a guy who can lift 5 tons too.
>>
>>69184785
He got distracted by titties
>>
>>69184301

But it wasn't getting battered by human punches, it was punches from two super humans one of whom had a vibranium arm and the other who was wailing on him with a vibranium shield which is where most of the damage came from.
>>
>>69184785
He was thinking about how he'd ravage Wanda and fucked up.
>>
>>69184745
Tony fell from the sky forn a single tank shell, In CW he got repeatedly hit by superpowered guys, constantly, through several minutes and the suit was still pretty fucking operative, we don't have enough info to compare both situations.

I can endure easily a punch, but if you stab me 100 times with needles in the chest I might die.
>>
>>69184816
fucker's name is Vision, couldn't he just vision some titties later or where he was aiming

I would vision all my shots as cumming on titties if I were him
>>
>>69184785
>>69184816
That or maybe no one noticed that Rhodes wasn't his target and that he didn't miss the target, the target just dodged. His shot was perfect if he wanted to kill the guy that was chasing his team, if the guy wasn't able to notice the beam coming up on him.
>>
>>69184903
He can change his density so he can be literally hard as diamonds when he's pounding her
>>
>>69184901
>Tony fell from the sky forn a single tank shell,
And had no injuries
Yet now heavy blunt objects make him bruise?
>>
>>69183030
Easy, he was shown as a pacifist, he'll try to talk first, he doesn't get angry, he doesn't rage, etc He's similar to Martian Manhunter, pretty fucking powerful, but you'll never see him at full potential because he doesn't like to escalate things

Just look his combat against Barton, Vision did nothing but withstand Barton's attacks and then he just pinned him down.
>>
>>69184933
well its clear you and I could've made a better script than this
>>
>>69184934
>Had no injuries
He actually had, when Jarvis was removing the suit, which was pretty damaged, he said he was bruised.
>>
>>69183030
>Iron Man cane defeat Hulk
>loses to Captain Reddit an CumBucket

Yeah sure
>>
>>69185005
Stop making shit up, son.
>>
But hey, how fucking well did they write that Black Panther fella and the Spider-kiddo? I thought those two were portrayed perfectly (fucking finally for Spidey), and holy shit is Black Panther a bad mofo
>>
>>69185045
Rewatch the movie, dude.

>>69185023
Iron man didn't use the Hulkbuster against Cap and Bucky though.
>>
>>69185092
BP, Spidey and Ant man were fucking great.

Also I'm liking the old and busted daddyhawk.
>>
>>69185110
>Rewatch the movie, dude.
How about something better? This is the dialogue from that scene. Where does it say he was injured?

>Hey!
>It is a tight fit, sir.
>Sir, the more you struggle, the more this is going to hurt.
>Be gentle. This is my first time.
>I designed this to come off, so... Hey. I really should be able to...
>Please, try not to move, sir.
>What's going on here?
>Let's face it. This is not the worst thing you've caught me doing.
>Are those bullet holes?

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/a2/iron-man-script-transcript.html
>>
Well, through the 3 Iron man movies the armors became more and more weak imo.
>>
>>69185177
>Bulletholes
>But a tank shell does nothing
Lets face it, there isn't much consistency in these movies
>>
Well, the armor was already damaged from the airport fight, is not that much of a stretch, and Steve and Bucky both were punching with their shield and metal arm.
>>
>>69184301
His new suits favor offense and agility over defense
>>
>>69185428
As demonstrated when he kicked Cap's ass for 10 seconds.

>Sih, weh caunt beet 'im 'and too 'and
>Try harder
>Oi, raight then, jahb doon.
>>
>Iron Man gets whooped by Cap in a movie with "CAPTAIN AMERICA" in the title

I can't believe it!
>>
>>69184747
It wasn't the fall that broke his spine, the suit protected him from a massive amount of vision's beam, if he didn't have the suit on he would've been decimated, which goes to show how much of an asshole tony is, willing to let falcon get hit by a beam like that
>>
Remind me how this scene went again?

>Tony, I cannot even begin to understand what you are feeling but Bucky has been mind controlled by evil genocidal Hydra organisation since the 60s, a slave to his controllers who tortured and broke him, leaving his mind in tatters.

>Steve, I know mind control is real, I have witnessed it myself in person on multiple occasions and seen the effects. I personally have been subjected to mental manipulation and know how powerful it is, not once have I ever judged, condemned or acted against a person who has been mind controlled, nor will I in this situation.

Or was it?

>Tony, I cannot imag...

>MUH MOMMY, I'LL KILL U BITCH >:( MUH SHIELD MUH DADDY
>>
>>69185502
>whooped
Wouldn't say whooped, did you see the other two guys? man, it cost them one arm to beat him.
>>
>>69185519

Tony's had daddy issues as far back as the first Iron Man movie. Hell, the first thing he says during his press statement is "I never got to say goodbye to my father." The entire crux of Iron Man 2 is Tony using his father's research to save his own life.

You don't have to like "MUH DADDY" being in the movie, but it makes sense.
>>
>>69185519
Is not the same as watching your parents getting killed by the man in front of you and your *best friend* lying about it.
>>
>>69185110
It's still the same material.
A material that can resist Hulk's punches but is broken by Cap and friend
>>
>>69185618
>"best friend"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cpKtKhu-M
>>
>>69185618

It's kind of strange when you think about it - hiding the truth from Tony is the first borderline selfish thing that Steve has ever done.
>>
>>69184800
Neither of those faggots can lift 5 tons lol gtfo
>>
>>69184745
There punches combined are nowhere near as powerful as an artillery shell
>>
>>69185651
>its the same material

So it's the same material. So glass is glass. So I can punch through glass now and I'm a wussy. But if I fail to punch through bullet-proof glass, the universe's laws of physic's were written poorly and I should be able to punch through it since it's the same material?

FUCKING GENIUS MATE
>>
>>69185651
I can punch through 1 mm of wood, but I can't punch through 1 km of wood, how's that? they're both the same material, this makes no sense.
>>
>>69185260
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah
>>
>>69185776
*scientifically proven*
>>
What if Vision shooting War Machine wasn't an "accident" and was his way to try to get them to stop fighting?
>>
>>69185781
>>69185817
Yeah, yeah very funny.
Except you guys are applying the same force, in this scenario Cap doesn't punch as though as Hulk
>>
>>69184301
>>69184477
wait, his arm was vibranium? then how was tony able to shoot it off? does that mean tony could have shot through caps shield at any time and just decided not to?
>>
>>69185781
>>69185817
Right? Isn't it weird? It's almost like a material can be enhanced and re-used and used for different purposes and used in different ways to provide different effects. Like... metal can be flimsy or metal can be sturdy? What? Since when? Since mankind first started tempering metals in the thousands-BC era? No way.

I don't think humans have evolved much since then.
>>
>>69185695
I honestly think he had good intentions and thought that Tony knowing would hurt him more.
>>
File: 1457729000153.gif (700 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
1457729000153.gif
700 KB, 500x208
>>69183030
>>
File: Size-chart-1000x583.jpg (115 KB, 1000x583) Image search: [Google]
Size-chart-1000x583.jpg
115 KB, 1000x583
>>69185935
Yeah, the hulkbuster is just big for aesthetics, it has absolutely nothing to do with being more thick and durable.
>>
>>69185899
Your brain isn't working too well today, eh?

I'll put it simply and clearly:
Iron Man makes suit. Iron Man makes super custom suit to withstand the Hulk's blows, made differently from his other suits, stronger than his other suits, same materials. Things break down though. After the fight, that suit wasn't in perfect working condition, and it was made for that fight.

Iron Man has weaker, more flexible, faster suits that he uses for most enemies, including his buddy Cap. This suit is made to withstand Cap, but not be permanently resistant to everything in the universe. After so much, it breaks down. So when a vibranium shield, stronger than the material his suit is made out of, starts wailing on his suit, and when another crazy tough force is pushing a metallic arm into the metal of his suit repeatedly, enough hits will make a dent. Materials weaken with abuse, even if it's what they're made to handle.

A bullet proof vest shot in the same spot 50 times isn't going to block all 50 bullets. Eventually, the bullets will tear through.
>>
>>69185919
Vibranium is sturdy as fuck, and also has other laws of physics raping features, but is not indestructible. The arm was also made of tons of mobile parts, so is easy to destroy than one thick piece of it.

TChalla made a very nice claw marks in Cap's shield in the airport fight.
>>
File: capture03-7.jpg (95 KB, 401x616) Image search: [Google]
capture03-7.jpg
95 KB, 401x616
>>69185899
>cap isn't as tough as hulk

Are you sure about that?
>>
File: 1462175002430.jpg (91 KB, 539x640) Image search: [Google]
1462175002430.jpg
91 KB, 539x640
you're all unbelievable faggots
>>
>>69186088
Nononono, I'm a civil enginier and if a material withstands one force once, it will withstand it forever

>inb4 resiliency property
That shit doesn't exist
>>
>>69185143
Hawkeye was great in CW and usually he's pretty dull and uninteresting. Ant-man was one of the best things about it.

Whedon needs to pay attention to this movie, it was funny without constant shitty quipping
>>
>>69186097
T'Challa's entire suit, including his claws, is made from Vibranium. Notice the bullets bouncing off his face? His outfit is made of stronger material than Iron Man's. He can rip through Cap's shield with enough force (same metal vs same metal). He can tear Iron Man in half. That's why T'challa made nice claw marks in the shield.
>>
>>69186151

At least we can believe you're a faggot, so it's not a total loss.
>>
>>69185517
The fall is definitely what broke Rhodes spine. The suit doesn't give as much protection when it's inactive and a falling entrapped husk.

Although if that beam hit falcon instead he'd dead, and it still probably would've hit Rhodes. It went straight through his chest plate, so I doubt it'd have any trouble piercing a thruster and the back of Wilson's skull.
>>
>>69185495
No, didn't you notice, he stopped using hand to hand and started blasting the shit out of him. It was punch, punch, blast. Like four times.
He had been avoiding blasts because they might kill him.
It tore off Bucky's arm, which is similar to caps shield.
>>
>>69186101
vibranium absorbs vibrational energy, i.e hulk punches aren't going to be strong, in Avengers he also tanked Thor's hammer like it was nothing
>>
It's a superhero movie not some high drama. Why the fuck do guys nit pick minor things?

Sit back and have fun you miserable cunts it's literally what capeshit was invented for.
>>
File: msg-13669208029.jpg (73 KB, 450x681) Image search: [Google]
msg-13669208029.jpg
73 KB, 450x681
>>69186041

>Make it so when I'm in the Iron man suit that I'm 7 ' 7" tall
So you the suit makes you an extra two feet tall?
>Exactly
How on Earth would that work?
>JUST FUCKING DO IT
Fine fine...
>When I'm in the Hulk Buster suit, make it 13 feet tall
So it almost triples your height?
>Yes.
>>
>>69185966
She hit his gem first.
That's why she could take him down. He had told her he didn't really know how it worked, and her powers are linked to the stone.
>>
This is like listen to my youngerst brother
>Hurr durr Iron man has to win, he always has to win, he's smart and has money and has a super duper armor, he's the strongest, his power is maximum
Fucking shut up and enjoy the movie
>>
>>69186331

The short answer? Rampant autism.
>>
>>69186331
>Why the fuck do guys nit pick minor things?
because its fun
>>
>Complaining about this not complaining about Ant man
Ok, lets take a look on this
If he's small he retains his strength and weigh (sometimes)
When he's big he's stronger and heavier
When he turns objects small they're light

Why is so inconsistent his power?
>>
>>69186331
Tl;dr

>just switch you brains off
>>
He's too pure and naive, hence why he didn't contribute too much.
>>
>>69186800
>Having your brain on at all times

Seems people like to compensate for being dumb. But me, a successful STEM master of the highest degree do like switching my brain off.
Must be nice being dumb and not having to worry about stuff lol
>>
>>69185919
It looked like he shot up the side of it, below the vibranium plates and at the joint. I doubt the vibranium was actually damaged - it was the weak mechanical and flesh parts that failed.
>>
>>69186739
Pym particle
>>
>>69186422
the average age on /tv/ is probably 14 though. Its the first thing any of these guys can relate to when they start lurking 4chin
>>
>>69186739
He's not amazingly strong when he's Giant Man though. If he was he wouldn't move so damn slow.
>>
>>69186739
The formula to shrink random objects had been cracked at some point, Pym only changed so he could retain his mass/strength while Ant-Manning for SHIELD. Why would he shrink tanks and trucks down and keep their weight or mass intact if he was carrying them in his pocket?
>>
>>69186331
This tbqh. During the Civil War movie earlier. It was the beginning scene, where Capn throws his shield and it bounces off the wall and stuff. Dude behind me says "wow that defies all physics". Like really nigga. You're watching a superhero movie. And you say that?
>>
>>69186941
>feeling the need to compensate by bragging about his degree

Shh, it's okay anon.
No need to compensate your lack of self esteem here, we don't even know who you are
>>
>>69185143
>antman was great

You know, I originally was pissed that they went with Scott Lang, and made Pym and old man. I didn't see the movie for a long time after release because of this change. Then I thought about it, and having tech genius Stark, super scientist Banner, and molecular genius Pym all running around together would be pretty fucking lame. Loser Lang is a nice choice.
>>
>>69184301
How strong is Cap in the movies? Peak human or superhuman? That restraining the helicopter scene seemed pretty impressive.
>>
>>69187031
How did he break the wing off of a plane and throw it?
>>
>>69187216

It was all part of the plan.
>>
>>69187216
You could actually break it too if you were giant.
>>
>>69187170
Third physically strongest in avengers. Superhuman definitely
>>
>>69187170
Cap always have been *superhuman*, he's the upper limit of human potential.

In MCU he's even stronger than in comics, he probably can lift 1 ton easily, probably more.
>>
>>69185092
They only miss for me was the Spidey Suit. CGI looked alright (its a fucking superhero movie like im not gonna bitch). But then Tony tell him to stay down, it looked like a suit made out of cotton.

But yeah the characters, outstanding.
>>
>>69187228
At least you can talk

>>69187254
If I was the same size as giant man and retained my natural strength; no I couldn't.
>>
>>69186422
>just turn off you're brain, bro!
No, just no. Back to youtube comments you go.
>>
>>69184762
Sounds just like the source material. God bless you, Marvel.
>>
>>69187216
>>69187313
He's stronger than at normal size, but weaker than if his strength was scaled up linearly.
>>
>>69184917
The Vision is not perfect in the movies or the decades of comics.
>>
couldn't that weird witch lady just kill everybody
>>
>>69187110
Just imagine if they had Richards too.
>>
>>69184934
Same thing happened during the crusades to guys in armor.
>>
Vision's arc in the movie could have been better telegraphed, but essentially he's afraid of his own powers because he knows the destruction he can cause. That's why he sympathizes with Wanda so much, because she often makes mistakes with her powers. He basically holds back whereas Wanda is almost expected to be right int he center of the battle for whatever reason. I enjoyed the twist that, after comforting Wanda the entire movie, he was the one who makes a mistake with his powers.
>>
>>69187394
Yes. She and Vision are unfair against everyone.

Heck, Spiderman was already unfair to all of Cap's side. He didn't really fight, just kept shooting web from a distance.
>>
>>69185177
So he was hurt, just like the guy said. Thanks for clarifying...
>>
>>69187431
Not really. Cap alone can easily match Spidey, especially MCU's young amatuer spiderman.
>>
>>69187394
They weren't fighting to death, after all they're all friends.
>>
Thanos kills him to get the last gem.
>>
>>69183488

So you telling me that some shitty alien robot is worthy while Captain America isn't?

BULLSHIT
U
L
L
S
H
I
T
>>
Vision was fucking awesome.

I'm very happy with the way he turned out. In Avengers 2 he looked pretty dorky, but they actually used that to his advantage in Civil War.

That and I'm glad they didn't hold back with his powers. They weren't afraid to make him as powerful as he is in the comics.
>>
>>69187477
She could at least pin them to the ground.
>>
>>69185519
Such a hypocrite; you probably cried in class when you forgot to do your homework, and nowadays you cry watching your bull with your gf. Emotions are a bitch, amirite?
>>
>>69187478
And nothing of value was lost
>>
I wonder what the general pleb audience thinks of Vision. Do they even know what he is
>>
>>69185776
Nothing personnell, kid, but go melt some steel beams somewhere else.
>>
File: 1458785877875.jpg (68 KB, 1160x890) Image search: [Google]
1458785877875.jpg
68 KB, 1160x890
>>69185894
What if he's worthy of the hammer because he's redpilled on niggers?
>>
>>69187472
This alwasy have bother me, Spidey is clearly way stronger, way faster, and way tougher, plus has the spider-sense, I really don't understand how Cap can beat him in the comics.
>>
ITT: People getting mad over a movie they havent seen, yet the problem they are mad over is explained and shown in the movie
>>
>>69187491
Vision had just been born, so he had a baby's innocence. I doubt he would be worthy now that he's lusting after Wanda and being a condescending dick to everyone.

If Cap doesn't wield Mjolnir at some point in Infinity War I will be surprised.
>>
>>69186220
That was paint.
>>
>>69187431
>Spiderman was already unfair to all of Cap's side

He is also a kid, so, yeah Team Cap was unfair to him due to age and experience alone.

And Tony for abusing his authority recruiting someone so young and vulnerable.
>>
>>69187648

Vision and Wanda had absolutely no chemistry in any of their scenes.
>>
>>69187590
That and also already having a lot of combat experience on the comics already.

Writers will do whatever they want I guess. Spidey knocked Hulk out once in his early years at the price of the bones of his hands. Nigga's strong as fuck.
>>
>>69187073
That's a meme; even Spidey addresses that IN THE FILM.
>>
>>69187590

Batman. That is your answer.
>>
>>69187359
He would have to be many, many times stronger, in the realms of superhuman strength to rip off an airplane wing.

Was it explained if the suit grants him superhuman strength
>>
>>69187680
Give spidey two MCU movies and he'll already be better than all the heroes except Hulk, Thor and the people with magic.
>>
>>69187688
I thought they did. Never cared for either of them before and now I like and ship the characters.

Way better than Bruce/Natasha, Thor and Portman and Cap and that lesser Carter.
>>
>>69187750
Two movies = more experience. My point still stands.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (48 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
48 KB, 469x463
>>69187753
>now I ship the characters.
>>
>>69187719
Spidey easily overwhelms the Bat on a one-on-one.

Prep time is just too broken though.
>>
File: air-hockey-21.jpg (44 KB, 550x421) Image search: [Google]
air-hockey-21.jpg
44 KB, 550x421
>>69187073
>Disks bouncing around defiles all physics
Is not that impossible
>>
>>69187688
Dude, their relationship is weird as hell, even in the comics. Buckle up.
>>
>>69187491
Cap was worthy. The hammer moved when he grabbed it in AoU. He just pretended not to be able to move it for the sake of modesty.
>>
>>69187772
I know. I agree with you. The older dudes already know he's strong as fuck and has potential

I hope they don't treat him much like a kid by the time the infinity wars starts.
>>
File: PYM.jpg (596 KB, 584x915) Image search: [Google]
PYM.jpg
596 KB, 584x915
>>69187745
I doubt this is exactly what the MCU will go with, but in the comics Pym Particles are definitely capable of increasing strength and durability.

Now that we've seen Giant Man we'll probably get a better explanation in the next Ant Man movie.
>>
>>69187750
Iron man amd warmachine still have a fucking arsenal and strength to back them.

Also Vision.
>>
torrent where
>>
>>69187808
He'll probably just work with Tony, so the others won't see much of his progress therefore I can only see jokes about cracking voice and precoce dating life from most of the others.
>>
>>69183030
Not really. Civil war showed that he was basically indestructible. Scarlett which is his only weakness, cause she can control the mind stone through him, and thus make him her bitch.
>>
>>69187779
Are you new to the internet?
>>
>>69187805
I think the reason Cap couldn't lift the hammer was BECAUSE he was showing off. The whole thing was a dick-waving contest, a trivial party game, and the Hammer would not allow its test to be passed under such circumstances.

In a situation where the Mjolnir was needed Cap would pick it up easily.
>>
>>69187228

Ant-Man literally becomes a big guy and destroys a plane. POETRY
>>
>>69188003
Hmmm. I didn't think of it that way. I like it.
>>
>>69185428
Why wouldn't you wear the Hulkbuster all the time?
>>
>>69188105
Because doors are made for humansized people.
>>
>>69183030
Not really.

Nowhere in the movie does he demonstrate any difficulty over any action. The way they dealt with his huge OPness was actually pretty good, they morally compromised him to the point where he no longer felt like he could engage in the fight.

They set this up earlier when he talks about not being entirely in control of his power. Sure, theoretically he could kill every single person extremely easily, but that was never his intent.
>>
>movie about Captain America
>guy playing Captain American isn't the one with the biggest check
>>
>>69188454
>movie about spiderman
>can't cast an actor
>because the budge of the movie went all for a co star

Why is disney still giving him all the money? His contract must be amazing
>>
>>69188564
>>69188454

Moms wouldn't take their kids to the new Marvel movie if they couldn't stare at the RDJ eye-candy.

If only they knew how tall he really was
>>
>>69188454
>>69188454
Who are you guys talking about, RDJ?

If he's making so much money and is clearly a role so beloved, how come he doesn't want to continue after the contract expires? "Muh acting integrity" is dumb as fuck.
>>
File: cap.jpg (71 KB, 509x595) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
71 KB, 509x595
>>69188691
>implying they aren't there for cap
>>
>>69187255
>third
>thor
>hulk
>vision
Huh you have already failed
>>
Question:
They showed TChalla grabbing Bucky's arm and twisting it then one of the Hydra supersoldiers doing the exact same in the flashback, is this foreshadowing of TChalla's powers or just coincidence?
>>
>>69188752

RDJ is the bait, Cap is the hook.
>>
>>69188772
sounds like coincidence but good catch
>>
>>69188755
>>69187255
Seriously, isn't cap like the weakest avenger? The character might be pure, right and a born leader but he's really just there so americans can go

"yeee hawww muricaaa let's goooo".

Being peak human strength means nothing for characters with SUPER strength or lots of guns
>>
>>69188907

Cap could probably beat any other human non-transforming superhero in a fist fight, don't forget that Cap literally does have super strength.
>>
>>69188907
>Black Widow
>Hawkeye
>Falcon
>"Cap is the weakest"
>>
>>69188963
Falcon can just fly and shoot at Cap from above.
>>
>>69188963
Those are so low tier it's not even worth counting. MCU's starting to get broken now. How can those guys stay relevant.
>>
>>69188907
>he's really just there so americans can go
>"yeee hawww muricaaa let's goooo"

who the fuck actually thinks this. His name is based off the comics. Thats like saying they made a Black Panther to appease the SJW crowd.
>>
>>69187461
He was hurting because the suit wasn't coming off properly and Jarvis was yanking his limbs in the process of removing the plates.
>>
>>69188907
Well, he is stronger in terms of physical strength than Hawkeye and Tony Stark, sometimes stronger and sometimes on par with Black Widow (she is also boosted with supersoldier serum made by Soviets if i'm not mistaken), so he is pretty good on that kind of things. He can lift appoximately 1,5-2 tons with some effort. It is of course nothing compared to Hulk's infinite strength, Spider-Man's 20-50 tons (in Raimi's movie he was able to hold a cable car and slow down a speeding train) or Thor's 40-60 tons (comics-based data), but still it is pretty impressive. Cap has great hand-to-hand skills and a shield that can absorb all kinetic damage so he is allright.
>>
>>69188907
>peak human
Again, he never was peak human, he's the upper limit of human potential, he's faster than the faster human, why? because we didn't reach our limit yet, so he'll be always one step above of us.

In comics he could run at 60 km/h for ONE hour, and in the movies they outran cars, which are probably were going at 30-50 km/h, probably at 50 km/h (usual speed in cities in Germany). He also kicked a pickup, and threw a bike at a jeep and fucking destroyed it. He's essentially superhuman.
>>
>>69189033
Cap can throw his physics defying shield at him. Or deflect bullets at him like he did with those Hydra soldiers in Winter Soldiers.
>>
>>69189043
BW is a good spy agent. Hawkeye, Falcon etc are opportunist supports, good on what they do.
>>
>>69189130
Pretty sure Thor is stronger in the comics, like way stronger, but in MCU? that would probably be his limit.
>>
>>69189130
>Spider 20-50
>Thor 40-60

What the fuck, is Spidey actually a decent match for Thor? I know Spidey's strong as balls. I just expected Thor to be much stronger.
>>
File: 1462562889794.webm (1 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1462562889794.webm
1 MB, 800x450
>>69188907
Did we watch the same movie?
>>
>>69183030
Kind of like Superman, huh?
>>
>>69183030

>backpedaled

did you not watch him fight hawkeye

also given how he's developing as a character I would say he isnt worthy of holding Mjolnir anymore, he seems really conflicted and full of self doubt
>>
>>69184301
He was never hit by the fucking tank shell. It exploded next to him and knocked him out of the sky. He dodged the next tank shell.
>>
>>69189227
How much strength do you need to do that?
>>
>>69189227
I haven't seen the movie, but that's a pretty cool scene.
>>
>>69189315
Super human strength.
>>
>>69189315

You would need more strength than the strength required to make a helicopter take off. So basically Steve should be able to spin and take off himself.
>>
>>69189227
>Those muscles

If I was a fag I'd masturbate to this.
>>
>>69187170

given he's strong enough to stop a helicopter from taking off anchored only by his hands hes well beyond human potential

also hes constantly kicking normies like 15m across boats/fields/buildings, could you imagine someone doing anything even close to that in MMA like holy shit
>>
>>69189224
>>69189226
There is a topic in Marvel Wiki:
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Strength_Scale
It says that Thor is far stronger as of now (he can lift more than 100 tons) while Spidey can only about 20, but that is for nerfed Spidey, Marvel had to literally scale him down like 4-5 times at some point in the comics. So yeah now comics Thor is far stronger that Peter, but in MCU I'd say that Spider-Man is as strong as him, mostly because MCU Thor didn't show too much strength in neither Avengers nor Thor solo flicks.
>>
>>69189356
>So basically Steve should be able to spin and take off himself.

I wanna see that
>>
>>69188729

It's all a strategy to siphon more money from Disney.
>>
>>69189137

wait how fuckin fast are bucky and panther then? cap was running behind the two of them on the freeway
>>
>>69186187

There were constant quips did you even watch it? They just saved them for the fight - half the movie was serious and then the joke density was fucking nuts
>>
>>69189226
No he isn't. In the movies they've severely under-powered Thor.

Thor and Hulk are supposed to be the strongest, and Vision is in there somewhere but I don't know much about him or Scarlet Witch either. But yeah, Thor, Vision, Hulk and Scarlet and Spidey are all the heavy hitters they have so far according to the comics.

Iron man isn't really that strong when compared to the others. At the moment I guess he'd be able to take Spidey but that's only because he's like 15.

http://imgur.com/account/favorites/EtDwU
>>
>>69188941
He's really not that strong, nowhere near strong enough for it to make him the best hand to there is. Not even close
Also Spider man would rape his shit
>>
>>69189315
For that kind of copter? they can lift between 1-1.5 tons.
>>
>>69189434
Panther is pretty fast, is one of his strong points.

I guess Bucky has some kind of super serum too, but he had to eventually pick a bike.
>>
>>69189356
>So basically Steve should be able to spin and take off himself.
thats not how any of this works

>You would need more strength than the strength required to make a helicopter take off

this is right though... youd need to be able to grip hard enough and pull hard enough to counter about 3500 pounds of lift, which is just not possible even for the strongest strongman. its like a strongman trying to pull a boeing 737 on a runway, except the plane is facing the other direction and its trying to take off
>>
>>69189579

>pretty fast

running faster than usain bolt for over a kilometer is a bit beyond 'pretty fast', he must be on all kinds of serum
>>
>>69189492
http://imgur.com/gallery/EtDwU
sorry about the link
>>
>>69187648
>I doubt he would be worthy now that he's lusting after Wanda and being a condescending dick to everyone

You somehow forget Thor is worthy while being a dick to everyone and lusting after anything with a vagina.
>>
>>69189654
You should have shown the pic when he lifts Asgard.
>>
>>69189315
That probably an H125M or As355 civilian chopper.

They have around 650-700shp on takeoff. Enough to lift of with around 2250KG(5000lbs roughly)
>>
>>69189654
> During the Civil War Iron Man and other heroes tried to hunt down all their fellow heroes who refused to work underneath the government (including Captain America). Thor wasn't around at the time so Stark decided to create a clone of him and unleashed it against his enemies. When Thor came back, Iron Man went to confront him and convince him to sign up as a government agent.

> so Stark decided to create a clone of him and unleashed it against his enemies.

What an asshole.
>>
File: 7087070876.jpg (34 KB, 600x606) Image search: [Google]
7087070876.jpg
34 KB, 600x606
>>69183030
>They backpedaled on his power level so fucking hard

No they didn't. Vision doesn't really fight. He doesn't want to fight. He does want to hurt people. He "almost fights" once and nearly murders War Machine. He leaves him a fucking cripple, with one little blast.

Just because Iron-Man is willing to hurt Cap's team, doesn't mean Vision is. Pay more attention you dipshit.
>>
>>69189712
*he doesn't want to hurt people
>>
>>69189396
>but that is for nerfed Spidey, Marvel had to literally scale him down like 4-5 times at some point in the comics

Lame. Just give spidey stronger people to fight.
>>
>>69189709
He also blackmailed Peter (Spider-man) to the point of threatening his family's life.
>>
File: 1453220836127.png (473 KB, 650x811) Image search: [Google]
1453220836127.png
473 KB, 650x811
>>69184622
>35-hours-every-day
>>
>>69187491
>>69187805
>>69188003
>>69188052
Cap is a war monger and can't be worthy until he stops being a war monger.
>>
>>69189396
>nerfed spidey
How? literally a year ago he lifted 75 tons (a plane) to save Aunt May
He wasn't nerfed, just that on average he never lifts more than 10-30 tons, only in situations of life or death he can lift more.

Well, with The Other's powers or the black suit he was stronger sure.
>>
>>69189598
>thats not how any of this works

All I'm saying is that if Steve is capable of the strength to hold back an aircraft, I think he's strong enough to spin fast enough to take himself off, considering he weighs much less than a helicopter.

He'd have no chance of keeping it up once airborne though
>>
>>69187648
That's not how Mjolnir's Worthiness is it? I always thought it was about being a super brave, good, pure hearted warrior rather than just being super nice and innocent. I mean Thor is kind of an asshole now, the first thing he did when he saw Cap was attack him.
>>
File: diddies.jpg (252 KB, 777x578) Image search: [Google]
diddies.jpg
252 KB, 777x578
>>69184816
>>
>>69189818
>>69189888

How are modern spidey comics? I read pretty much every spiderman comic until the early 2000s, near the storyline where MJ supposedly died on an airplane.

I stopped because it was my dad's subscription and it was getting expensive. I read One more day and it was awful, but I'm having this itch to start again. He's my favorite hero.
>>
>>69189896
That's not how physics work. I mean Spider-Man is stronger and faster than him but he can't do that because he's still a human being and not a living loony toon character.
>>
>>69183030
He'll lose that infinity gem sooner or later
>>
>>69189986

Yeah but Spiderman isn't an all American hero
>>
>>69185428
This. Also sacrificed 'quality' in some sense like defense for improved ease of getting into.
>>
>>69188729
Hmm why would someone who has been making millions in a franchise and at this point doesn't need to work anymore want to stop working? You seem to forget that people have jobs to survive and at this point he has so much money that he doesn't have to work so he doesn't want to.
>>
File: madspideystrength.jpg (161 KB, 600x918) Image search: [Google]
madspideystrength.jpg
161 KB, 600x918
Spidey is fairly strong
>>
>>69190050

He's a strong guy
>>
>>69189943
Shit. Ever year that asshole Dan Slott comes up with a nice idea for a story then fucks it up almost from the get go and drags it on until the next year or longer. If the next event being about every dead person from Peter's life coming back it looks like's even his ideas are shit now. Might as well wait until he quits before you jump on the train. Hopefully that will be soon what with the new movie coming out.
>>
>>69190050
Being Spidey is suffering.

Not only his personal life is a mess he has to suffer at the hand of terrible writers and awful decisions.
>>
what I took away from this movie is that Wanda is probably the strongest avenger, she's probz stronger than Thor and Hulk
anyone notice how to gem changed color when Wanda overpowered Vision?
she may be a Trump card when Thanos comes along
>>
>>69190112
Thanos is way too strong with the Infinity Gauntlet. You need the Living Tribunal to stop him.
>>
>>69190050
Makes sense, strongers spider can lift like 200 times its weight, assuming Peter weights 160 lbs, that's 32000 lbs
>>
>>69190175
just watch, Stan Lee will make his cameo appearance and he's going to kick Thanos' ass
marvel have been setting up his omnipresence in the mcu since the beginning, mark my words!
>>
>>69190112
Thanos was stomping the cosmic and conceptual beings without even trying once he had the gauntlet.
>>
File: 509px-S70_LRV_Drawing.svg.png (45 KB, 509x201) Image search: [Google]
509px-S70_LRV_Drawing.svg.png
45 KB, 509x201
>>69190247
a light train car weighs about 100,000 pounds.

That's just a single section too. The entire train would have about 3-5 of those.

I'm also the guy that posted about the chopper. You people need to learn about your god damn transportation.
>>
>>69190310
I don't think she'd win against him but she'd serve as a perfect plot device should she have access to reality bending in the infinity war films
>>
>>69190392
He isn't lifting an entire train, he;s just lifting one wagon. The NY metro wagons weight 33 tons.

And the strongest Spider lifts 200 times its weight on average, it was never tested on stressful situations.
>>
>>69190457
Strange will be way stronger than her by Infinity War unless he helps train or her something.
>>
Given MCU's record of awful villains, I wonder if they'll make Thanos this bland saturday morning cartoon villain.

I want to see him trying to bone death
>>
File: Thanos Oops.jpg (463 KB, 800x1182) Image search: [Google]
Thanos Oops.jpg
463 KB, 800x1182
>>69190596
My uncle works for Disney, he sent me some concept art for the end of Infinity Wars
>>
>>69190662
>Cheese and crackers!

kek
>>
>>69190662
the cosmic cube was the space gem right?
>>
>>69190662
Fun fact Thanos has a psychological need to fail. Not even making shit up. It's canon.
>>
File: 1461797837038.png (244 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1461797837038.png
244 KB, 500x499
>>69189873
>Captain America
>"war monger"
>>
>>69190460
again, one car is that whole section. The s70 lightrial is 100k pounds.

and he's not just lifting one side of it. The entire thing is off the ground. That's about 75,000 pounds for that car if it's empty.

spidey is stronger than cap by far if you go by that. cap is struggling to hold back a chopper.
>>
>>69183030
Something is going to happen to his infinity gem, probably thanos removing it. Obviously, the most powerful Avenger is going to get jobbed.
>>
>Hawkeye disappears at the start of Infinity War, blasted by Thanos

I wonder if they'll do the same in the movies.
>>
>>69183030

Without Thor and Hulk around he seemed stronger. Still boring character.
>>
>>69191717
>Still boring character.
He's basically the Human Sidekick from All My Circuits.
>>
That moment when Ant Man grew and everyone started shitting their pants, I loved that so much.
>>
File: Strongman.png (91 KB, 551x661) Image search: [Google]
Strongman.png
91 KB, 551x661
>>69189598
STRONGMAN?
>>
Which team would Hulk and Thor be on?
>>
>>69192166
They literally mentioned that in the movie
>>
>>69192166
Both would almost definitely be on Cap's side, they do mention this.
>>
>>69192233
>giant unstoppable monster that cause endless death and destruction would want no oversight

who would have though
>>
>>69192296
Also
>man who is afraid of using his power at all does not want to be weaponized
>>
>>69192166
Hulk would probably be on Cap's side.
Thor would definitely not be on Iron Man's side, but I don't know if he'd join Cap's side or just say "Fuck this bullshit" and go to Asgard.
>>
So why wasn't Pepper in the movie? I need more sexual tension between her and Tony.

Does she still have her extremis powers or were they removed?
>>
>>69192779
>So why wasn't Pepper in the movie?
Have you seen it? Because they tell you.
>>
>>69183030
>Literally did nothing in Ultron.
>He lifted the hammer because he was worthy. Thats not strength.
>They played him as the calm, logical guy. Handles everybody like he's an adult.
>Shoots fucking beams from his forehead.

You're right man. they back-peddled that shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.