[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The X-Files is one of the most overrated series in the history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Thexfiles.jpg (28 KB, 250x139) Image search: [Google]
Thexfiles.jpg
28 KB, 250x139
The X-Files is one of the most overrated series in the history of television. I agree that it is good, hell at times it's actually great but most of the time it's really bad.

The first 2 seasons have not aged well, I don't mean this in the sense that the technology is dated but most of these episodes would not probably be allowed to air if it were the current day. (While I think any season 1 Twin Peaks episode could air today and would still hold up.) Most first and second season episodes of X-Files are dry and humorless with the occasional Mulderism. Mark Snows music is also really obnoxious.

There are some good episodes in the first two season, yeah, but the bad ones are some of the worst I've seen in T.V. Episodes like "Space" and "Young at Heart" are completely pointless and painful to watch. Even great episodes like "Squeeze" and "Ice" feel pretty slow.

One thing I will give the first two seasons is that the myth arc episodes are pretty good. They are still kinda pointless and slow but at least things happen in them and they have and interesting and mysterious atmosphere.

The 10th season was mediocre. The comedy episode was okay though.
I guess the thing I just dislike most about X-Files is Chris Carter. He cannot write. He's an okay director,, but his writing is confusing, jumbled, pretentious and very boring. Whenever he writes an episode you can know for sure that it will be terrible. The only episodes he wrote that were good were good because of reasons other than the writing.
Also he wrote the second X-Files movie which is the worst movie of all time.

The only episodes worth checking out of this show are the ones penned by Vince Gilligan and Darin Morgan
>>
>>69181929
ok
>>
>>69181929
>would not probably be allowed.
>we should listen to your shitty observations
>>
>>69181929
>one of the most overrated series in the history of television

Whatever you say autistic child born in 1998.
>>
File: 1397767415784.jpg (18 KB, 150x144) Image search: [Google]
1397767415784.jpg
18 KB, 150x144
I enjoyed Space.
>>
>>69181929
You spelt game of thrones wrong.
>>
>>69182269
you spelt lost or any of whedons shows wrong
>>
>>69182308
>found the butthurt got fan.
Cry more
>>
File: notthisshitagain.gif (456 KB, 202x150) Image search: [Google]
notthisshitagain.gif
456 KB, 202x150
>>69181929
You tried.
>>
>>69182398
>those shows arent overrated

found the kumquat
>>
>>69183104
scully is a cute
>>
>>69181929
Is this your first time watching pre-2000s live action? Every non-serialized show was like what you describe here in terms of rocky quality and horrendous episodes.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.