[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>More forgotten than Rickon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Game Of Thrones Red Comet.jpg (34 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Game Of Thrones Red Comet.jpg
34 KB, 350x350
>More forgotten than Rickon
>>
lol xd
>>
File: 380[1].jpg (38 KB, 380x479) Image search: [Google]
380[1].jpg
38 KB, 380x479
>>69175552
>"Stars don't fall for men. But the comet means one thing, boy.... Dragons"

Given that dragons are now present, it's moreso the arc was completed. Not forgotten.
>>
>>69175552
Why can you see it like that all over the place? Hack?
>>
>>69175552

What are the chances someone could find the Red Comet's remains and use it to forge the sword Lightbringer? Kind of like what Arthur Dayne did with Dawn.
>>
>>69175552
>implying the comet wasn't just yet another in a long line of prophecies and portents that only impact the story insofar as characters allow them to

It's not a coincidence that every prophecy is crap in these books/show
>>
Yeah when I was re-watching the series the comet struck me as one of those things that was never really explained... that said, in a sense it was as the previous poster alluded to with the dragons. I guess it was just very subtle; no one flat out says "dragons -- remember that comet from earlier?!" so you miss the connection.
>>
>>69175552
I kind of forgot it, too.
But now I'm mad, I liked that and thought it was interesting and went well with the other force of nature elements
>>
>>69176066
>Red Comet's remains
wait. did it impact?
>>
>>69176007
Fuck, completely read in her voice.
>>
>When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.

Retards still don't realize Dany is going to BTFO the walkers and rule Westeros like a fairy tale in the end. GRRM is a hack and him trash talking Tolkein is disgusting
>>
>>69176066
>Kind of like what Arthur Dayne did with Dawn.
Arthur Dayne didn't forge Dawn. It was in the Dayne family for thousands of years. Unlike other ancestral swords however, only great warriors were allowed to wield Dawn. There were only a few Swords of the Morning because you had to be a real fucking next level fighter.
>>
JUST
>>
>>69176458
The problem is him trying to fight tropes in fantasy. Neat at first, but quickly lost it's novelty by the time that a good number of likable characters were killed off for the sake of saying "fuck plot armor." Most of them are gone and it's hard to write in new ones that are anywhere near as good.
>>
>>69176526
>people that think Gendry is an important character
>people that think Gendry will make another appearance
wew
>>
>show is so bad even my superpleb mom aske if I can led her my A Game of Thrones book

I never asked for this feel. back in Season 2 I was looking forward to many scenes on screen, now I pray they don't ruin everything
>>
>>69176526
>Implying you'll see him again
>Implying Davos actually saved him
>Implying a kid from the King's Landing slums would be able to paddle across miles of open water in the middle of the night and not get lost
>Implying he didn't drown
>>
>>69176701
I agree. The only compelling characters in the books atm are Jaime, Theon and Stannis (the latter is going to be killed off in TWOW). This is also why I think the show has gone downhill their portrayals of some these characters, Jaime and Stannis in particular just are not good. There are barely any characters left in the show that are as compelling as Robb, Ned, Stannis where.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.