[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's ignore plot and dialogue and character development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 16
File: batman superman civil war.jpg (2 MB, 1896x1896) Image search: [Google]
batman superman civil war.jpg
2 MB, 1896x1896
Let's ignore plot and dialogue and character development for a moment.

Which movie had the better action scenes?

BvS
>MoS flashback with Bruce Wayne driving through Metropolis
>Batmobile chase
>BvS fight
>Batman vs thugs
>Doomsday

Civil War
>Rumlow's heist in Africa
>Bucky chase
>Bucky escape
>Airport fight
>Cap&Bucky vs Tony
>>
>>69174346
BvS no contest.
Much better editing in action scenes too.
>>
>>69174346
The batman warehouse scene was better than Civil war in its entirety.
>>
>>69174346
The Airport fight didn't even seem like a real fight. The Giant man was cool, but thats about it
>>
>>69174346
How about the movie that didn't make me violently ill with its shitty fucking fight editing.
>>
>>69174430
Both had solid editing during the action scenes.
>>
>>69174367
>>69174398
fags
>>
>>69174346
Was a cool scene but not particularly actiony
>Batmobile chase
eh
>BvS fight
Too floaty and light. Saw literally all of it in the trailer.
>Batman vs thugs
Cool, but over hyped. The mediocrity of it's surroundings made it seem cooler than it was
>Doomsday
Kek

I think the winner is clear
>>
Wait they both are over 2 hours long and only had 5 action scenes each?
>>
>>69174584
That's how it's done.
>>
>>69174346
Easily Civil War, if only because you can actually tell what's going on in that film.
>>
File: 1432181136355.jpg (38 KB, 310x335) Image search: [Google]
1432181136355.jpg
38 KB, 310x335
>>69174346
Civil War it isn't even a contest BVS fights wrre nothing but stupid bullshit.

Even the main fight just regressed into Batman hitting Superman with a Sink which led into an even worse 20 minute CGI monster fight.
>>
File: throwing henchman.webm (1 MB, 960x408) Image search: [Google]
throwing henchman.webm
1 MB, 960x408
Bucky chase was the best action part, rest were all terrible and cartoony.

Batman warehouse fight is just truly glorious.
Batman vs Superman easily better than the airport fight because it was more focused than civil war.

Overall Batman v Superman had better quality shots and cinematography while Civil war had good choreographed fight scenes with tv show quality shots and poor quick cut editing.
>>
Reminder anyone answering Civil War is either blatant fanboyism or theyre literally blind.

I don't even think the Russo brothers would sit there with a straight face and say they could replicate the Zod battle in BvS.

Snyder could do what's seen in Civil War with his eyes closed. It's literally Greengrass tier with shitty effects
>>
>>69175053
>Batman tossing people around as if he had super strength

What a garbage movie.
>>
File: capekino.jpg (612 KB, 1111x1021) Image search: [Google]
capekino.jpg
612 KB, 1111x1021
>>69174346
>People go to see a film called Civil War expecting a civil war fight between superheroes
>Get that

>People go to see Batman vs Superman expecting Batman vs Superman
>Get a horrible nonsensical 2 hour buildup then a 5 minute fight which ends because both their mothers have the same name, then one of them murders a bunch of people in a warehouse with a fire explosion and seizure inducing editing then there is a CGI monster fight for 30 minutes where they fly around destroying buildings then one of them "dies" so they can reborn in the sequel.
>>
>>69175126
This is the same director who gave all the watchmen super strength because he thought it was cool
>>
File: disgusting6.jpg (50 KB, 537x459) Image search: [Google]
disgusting6.jpg
50 KB, 537x459
How the fuck are you people actually answering BvS? Is this fanboyism?

Superman and Batman wailing on each other was in terrible choreography. Stupid shit like Superman charging through obvious smoke, Batman swinging Superman around, and hitting him with a sink.

Batman fights are interesting because he uses gadgets, traps, and uses cool kungfu. The way Batman setup the machine guns and supersonic sound attack was completely stupid and he didn't follow up the traps with any sort of planning. The fight was Superman wailing on him, Batman using krypt gas, then wailing back and forth with shit choreography.

Doomsday fight was garbage. Explosions everywhere, even worse than Michael Bay shit. And it's surprising it was so shit when Zod and Kryptonian fight in Man of Steel was well done. Only thing cool about it was Wonder Woman.

The only thing I literally wanted in this shit fest of a movie was a good fight. And Snyder couldn't even give me that with his 10 min bullshit punching each other garbage.
>>
>>69175092
t. blind fanboy
>>
>>69175053
>poor quick cut editing
>Posts that webm
Am I being trolled?
>>
Aside from the usual shaky cam nonsense, CW definitely had better action scenes. Buck and Cap vs the police and then into the chase with BP in particular was tight.

>>69175327
Frankly, not showing Batman steal the Kryptonite was a dumb idea.
>>
>>69174346
Civil War had much better action and it's not even close
>>
>>69174346
which one is going to make more money in the end bros?
>>
Bucky and Cap broing it up againt the police is better than anything in BvS and it's not even the best scene in Civil War
>>
File: 1462486155215.jpg (42 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1462486155215.jpg
42 KB, 657x527
Wonder Woman > Scarlet Witch

prove me wrong
>>
>>69175478
Wonder Woman is from a man hating group of Amazons. She a shittier Superman and is very boring.

Scarlet Witch uses fucking mind powers. There is a whole array of shit she can do from manipulating people, creating shields, force pushing. And if Scarlet Witch was your waifu she could even jack off your penis with her powers.

Scarlet Witch >>> Wonder Woman.
>>
So I've been on Reddit for about 7 years now. I'm a moderator on several popular boards, including /r/4chan. I will try to give you guys an unbiased, objective outlook.

Reddit's main problem is its karma system. It encourages users to post content which the majority will agree with rather than something that may be controversial (but still contributes to the conversation). Because of this, most communities become predictable and boring.

This is the lifespan of a submission on your average default subreddit:

- 1 minute in: your submission will most likely be downvoted into obscurity. The reason behind this isn't necessarily because your submission sucks, but there are other people who just made submissions and are downvoting every other new submission in an attempt to have theirs noticed quicker.

- 10 minutes in: if you managed to survive this far, your submission may start picking up steam. You'll see the first comments start to roll in. They will be mindless, vapid, and generic things like "omg i spit my coffee out after seeing that!" The reason there is no effort put behind them is that they want to be the first to post before everyone else. The sooner you post, the more likely your comment will be seen and upvoted.

- 3 hours in: whoever managed to comment first on your submission will now be the highest voted comment, regardless of how little it contributed to the conversation. Since your submission will have so many comments at this point, more people will start replying to the top comments. The reasoning behind their comment will likely be noticed quicker, leading to more karma for their account. These replies are just as vapid as the original comment. Pun chains are very common. Remember: as long as they get that reply before other people, they're more likely to get upvotes.

- anything afterwards: barely any comments are posted, because why even bother? Their comment won't be seen under the mass of thousands of other posters.
>>
>>69175582
yeah but Gal Gadot looks hotter and is much taller
>>
>>69175478
WW is literally just a weaker superman with boobs
>>
>>69175175
>civil WAR
>The avengers cast plus black batman reenacting the opening of West side Story in an airport parking lot

Yeah totally man, what a huge war tons of casualties amirite?
>>
>>69175092
>I don't even think the Russo brothers would sit there with a straight face and say they could replicate the Zod battle in BvS.
You mean that fight that looked like a ps4 vidya instead of watching to real guys punching the shit out of each other? yeah good thing they were not able to replicate that shitty fight
>>
>>69175705
necrophile pls
>>
>>69174463
That's not how it works, shill. Lurk moar
>>
at this point marvel has perfected their fighting scenes, and civil war's action was just ridiculously fluid and badass. That said I'm a huge Batman fan so the Batman warehouse scene is still the coolest, but that's just my fanboyism
>>
>>69174346
>Which movie had the better action scenes?
Deadpool.
>>
>>69175368
>scene from the trailer is edited

I actually think retards browse this board
>>
>>69174569
>saw all of it in the trailers
And that makes it bad why exactly? Seems to me you are just a memer.
>>
>>69175040
I don't get people like you who claim the BvS fight was bad, yet they never can say why.
>he hit him with a sink
Wow, compelling argument. Civil War 10/10 no sink in it.
>>
>>69175126
The dudes obviously running at him full speed as to tackle him so bats just tossed him over the back his shoulder.
>>
>>69174346
Only good thing in BvS was Bat saving Sups mom I found Civil War much more fun to watch.
>>
>>69174346
The only action scenes I actually enjoyed in BvS were
>Batman takes on all those guys while trying to save MARTHA
>parts of the BvS fight

All the rest range from mediocre to absolute shit, with the worst being the Doomsday fight. So I'm gonna have to go with Civil War.
>>
>>69174346
Airport fight >>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else > BvS
>>
File: dc_bubble_pop_by_marvel_lel.jpg (75 KB, 495x285) Image search: [Google]
dc_bubble_pop_by_marvel_lel.jpg
75 KB, 495x285
This should tell you something
>>
>>69179084
I was actually surprised at how well that scene turned out.
>>
>>69175705
Clearly you cannot appreciate the better waifu.

Gal Gadot is a kike paid by Israeli shekels

While Olsen is a fine waifu who was excellent in Age of Ultron and really shines on Civil War.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 427x240
>>69174346
>>MoS flashback with Bruce Wayne driving through Metropolis

Doesn't really count since its Batman being a civilian trying to save lives

>>Batmobile chase

Batman blows up a buncha guys. Superman bullies him with a threat. Ho-hum

>>BvS fight

5 minutes of two idiots beating each other up over a conflict that could have easily been resolved by sitting down

>>Batman vs thugs

Arguably only one of the better action sequences, but everything took place in the dark making the action ahrd to keep track of

>>Doomsday

...pretty epic I'd say. But there was so many dumb decisions (Zod + Lex blood = Doomsday, Superman deciding to sacrifice himself when a better option to beat Doomsday was available) that I couldn't really enjoy it. I'm just thankful I didn't see the trailer - if I had known how Doomsday had attacked, I might not have liked the final fight at all. And I was struggling.

~~

>>Rumlow's heist in Africa

Really great fight. Good action sequences, and the day is almost saved, but a miscalculation leads to a consequence. Well done

>>Bucky chase & escape

Pretty innovative, including Tony's handy portable repulsor, and a formal introduction of the anti-banther panther. Only nitpick is Rhodes doing little at one point. But thats about it.

>>Airport fight

Sweet. Jesus.

So much was done in the airport fight. So much. So many great things. It literally was like seeing some of the best comic book fights brought to life. If the Doomsday fight was a one scoop ice cream cone, the Airport Fight is a 4 scoop banana split. With extra whipped cream, a cherry, and the waitress singing you Happy Birthday

>>Cap&Bucky vs Tony

Tight, intense, like a fight from The WInter Soldier. Very emotionally packed. Not as big as airport, but, it didn't need to be.

~~

Civil War wins it. I know the contrarians will say BvS to anything but, really - Marvel put dedication into Civil War's fights.
>>
>>69179084
Spider-Man 3 final brawl > Airport fight > BvS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkWejVBsMPA
>>
>>69177244
There was a huge tonne of casualties.

A huge tonne of Trust among the avengers
>>
>>69179832
Not gonna lie fampai.

Spiderman 2's train sequence tops a lot of stuff in the MCU.

....but not the airport fight. The Airport fight is, literally, the best superhero fight in comics to date. Only thing superior to it is the final battle in the first Avengers movie.

And even that lacked magic and A MOTHERFUCKING GIANT MAN
>>
>>69179476
Gadot doesn't play a moody teenager is not a womanlet :^)
truly God's Chosen People
>>
>>69179938
I thought they really fucked up Giant Man, other than tossing War Machine around hilariously he was pretty useless.

Plus the Empire Strikes Back quip was probably the single most cringey line out of the entire MCU outside of the Thor movies.

I wanted more of Spidey vs Bucky/Falcon and Cap. When Spidey fucking reks the both of them it was pure bliss.
>>
>>69180046
And here I thought DCfags saw themselves as "patrician", conservative and /pol/itically correct.

How does it feel knowing that the current actress of Wonder Woman belongs to a race/religion you;re supposed to "hate"?
>>
>>69180071
How did they fuck up Giant Man?

I'm not familiar with how it's handled in the comics but I thought the part in the movie was pretty great. Scott made mention that he had only tested it before and that he was still doubtful if he could pull it off, if not die from trying.

Then he did pull it off and was essentially the key to allowing Cap and Buck get away, since Scott tied up Iron Man, War Machine AND Spiderman for a considerable amount of time.
>>
>>69180071
>Empire Strikes Back quip was probably the single most cringey line out of the entire MCU outside of the Thor movies.
hey how can I explain a tactic that everyone in the fucking world can understand.
>>
>>69175126
>Batman lifts around 1 ton in comics
Hi there underage casual
>>
>>69180071
>>69180232
That quip was fucking gold.

God, autists like you are the ones that make me cringe the most.
>>
>>69180265
I wasn't ragging on it you stupid faggot.
>>
File: 1462481772462.png (376 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1462481772462.png
376 KB, 4500x4334
>>69180173
what if I am a casual /tv/-poster and never cared about hating Jews?

some of them do shitty stuff, many do not. I honestly do not care enough to bother with anti-semitism.

Still Gal Gadot > Elizabeth Olsen
sorry if I hurt your feelings fäm
>>
>>69180265
It could have been a good quip, but the line delivery and writing were incredibly poor and cringey.

It felt like it took 40 years to explain the plan, so long in fact that it was already half over by the time he'd finished explaining it.

Very poorly written.
>>
>>69180555
Nice trips...

But I still find you cringe a lot more cringey than the actual line delivery.

Spidey did no wrong.
>>
>>69175126
Batman has peak human strength. He's about as strong as a non-juiced Bane.
>>
>>69174346
>>Batman vs thugs
This was an excellent action scene, no doubt about that. But it was so shockingly silly for Batman to immediately stop fighting Superman and somehow track down Martha and rescue her so quickly.

Wouldn't it have made more sense for Batman to go after Luthor and Superman to go after his mom? Since as far as I can recall neither Batman or Superman are lead to believe Luthor has a gigantic monster in the oven, and Superman is the one with the super-senses to find anyone in an instant.

Of course that wouldn't have worked because Clark has to be the one to face Lex and Doomsday, and Bruce needs his Freudian saviour moment, but man was that a convoluted mess.

Good action scenes are one thing, but if they don't have good contextual relevance they're not worth much. e.g. Star Wars OT vs prequel lightsaber fights.
>>
BvS. Until that final fight which was overblown by cgi extravaganza.
>>
The one that had actual actors and stuntmen for a majority of the fight in a properly lit stage
>>
>>69180805
So the whole movie then.
>>
>>69180463
No you didn't.

I just know you have bad taste :^)
>>
>>6917434
BvS
MoS flashback was pretty cool, rest were shit.

CW:
Bucky's chase with Black Panther was great.
Airport fight was extremely underwhelming. The angles were uncomfortable and every single line said by Ant Man felt like a forced joke.
>>
>>69178942
>super gets his ass whooped by a bathroom sink

DCucks will defend this with their lives
>>
>>69175603
Here's your (you)
>>
>>69180071
The empire strikes back line was pretty shitty. I actually groaned when I heard that line
>>
File: 1462524393368.jpg (23 KB, 720x336) Image search: [Google]
1462524393368.jpg
23 KB, 720x336
>>69174346
The airport scene is the best in cape movies
>>
>>69174346
Oh its another of those "/tv/ is a bunch of hipsters, so they will claim to hate both movies, but they hate BvS less because its the less popular one" threads.
>>
batman fight in the warehouse was the action highlight of the movie. The actual batman vs superman fight was pretty slow and clunky ...

>throw through wall.
>react/glare at one another
>smash through something else
>glare some more
>hit with sink
>grapple and struggle and glare
>repeat

really wish there was better fight choreography and overall speed to it, like the warehouse fight.

civil war had more dynamic sequences, but the chaotic quick cuts were almost a little too much for me. Though it might just be a matter of personal taste.
>>
Black Panther was pretty amazing. I was blown away by really all his fight scenes.

Superman Vs Doomsday was pretty alright. Nuking a villain is something I love to see and Superman just floating there was neat.

Overall though, civil war had it for me. That scene where bucky and cap are fleeing and bucky is fighting for his life and cap is trying to save the people. Well balanced, well done
>>
>>69182519
Is that a decent camrip? For where
>>
>>69174346
>Let's ignore plot and dialogue and character development for a moment.
Bay pls
>>
https://youtu.be/M6huEJrqf40?t=4m30s
>>
When Bucky got all hyrda'd up and went straight Danny the Dog on pretty much the entire facility.

Dude practically soloed falcon, cap, stark, black widow, agent 13, and black panther. Just walking the halls dismantling people.
>>
>>69180704
>>69180255
>1 ton
>peak human strength

HAHAHAHA you fucking morons are so pathetic.
>>
>>69184575
The world record deadlift is 1000lbs.

A ton is 1000kg. Batman shits on anyone.
>>
>>69184650
And does Bruce Wayne have the physique of a guy who can lift that kind of weight?
>>
>>69175478

scarlet witch has tits and ass

gg no re
>>
Civil War was fucking legit. The worst action scene was the first one, and that's saying something.

MoS, god damn that CGI shitshow at the end. It was just like AHHHH COLLAPSING BUILDING BIGGER EXPLOSIONS DAMN DOOMSDAY HAS SHIT COMING OUT OF HIS EYES.

Civil War. Well fucking done.
>>
Bucky escape > Batman vs thugs > Heist in Africa > Batmobile chase > Cap vs Tony > MoS flashback > Airport fight > BvS fight > Doomsday
Opinions!
>>
Civil War. BvS was horrendous with all that shit CGI. It was distracting.
>>
>>69174346
BvS, Civil War only good action scene was the airport fight and it wasn't even that the choreography, editing or cgi was good, it was only good because some of the characters had interesting powers.
>>
>>69174458
Go here: >>69161535

(ignore the company wars s*posters; the thing is more that Winter Soldier {and even AoU} had better action scenes; the concern being Perlmuter taking over and corners cut because of it)
>>
>>69174346

Civil War was vastly superior on every conceivable level, and the action scenes are no exception.

The only great sequence in BvS was the main event BvS fight which was really good. Everything else about that film was straight garbage.
>>
BvS
Decent
>Batmobile chase
Amazing
>BvS fight
Excellent
>Batman vs thugs
Decent
>Doomsday
Lmao awful

Civil War
Good
>Bucky chase
Excellent
>Bucky escape
Good
>Airport fight
Decent
>Cap&Bucky vs Tony
Excellent

I'd say CW was better on the whole, but BvS had one that was just a cut above.
>>
>>69174346
Civil War.

The airport fight is the best fight in any superhero movie ever.
>>
>>69175478
>prove me wrong
You just did it.
>>
File: 1396733702990.jpg (632 KB, 1073x1650) Image search: [Google]
1396733702990.jpg
632 KB, 1073x1650
>>69174346
>>Rumlow's heist in Africa

ITS CROSSBONES YOU FUCKING CASUAL
>>
>captain america fight scenes
>literally 19 cuts in 5 seconds
>>
I thought the action scenes were undoubtedly the worst parts of BvS. I dont know why you'd even ask this question.
>>
>>69179938
>Spiderman 2's train sequence tops a lot of stuff in the MCU.
Yeah.

The two Peter vs Harry fights are incredible in 3. The second one especially.
>>
>>69188006
Except for like that one truck, its might be the first superhero fight that didn't involve enormous explosions. It was 9/10.
>>
>>69188069
He thought it was a water truck tho
>>
>>69183076

Probably find it on kat or the bay...
>>
>>69174346
Gee, Anon, that's a tough question because action scenes don't work without those little things like plot and dialogue and character development. Unless you're some kind of expert in choreography or special effects action scenes on their own don't hold much interest.
>>
File: king of tv.png (770 KB, 940x1040) Image search: [Google]
king of tv.png
770 KB, 940x1040
>26%
>>
Civil War
>>
Any BvS torrents?
>>
>Implying any scene from either movies beats Batman beating up 12 men in a warehouse
>>
>>69187952

The Cap/Bucky v Tony fight is what batman vs superman should have been... i legit thought captain america was going to die after 'i can do this all day', there was a fantastic emotional buildup. BvS never seemed like either of them were ever in any real danger, except for supermans left cheek, both came out literally without a scratch. Im really surprised how fucked up the heroes all looked after Bucky/Cap v Tony when even DC wouldnt go for it. Made for a much more satisfying fight.
>>
>>69188527
Yeah I agree.

I just liked the choreography of the BvS one enough to call it excellent.

Cap and Bucky laying the smackdown on Tony was great, but I think the whole thing ran just a little too long. The finish was oh so satisfying though.

Even though I knew Cap wasn't gonna remove Tony's head there was that extreme sense of finality to the fight that Bats vs Supes lacked present in that one frame where Cap holds the shield up.
>>
>emotional
Civil War
>choreograph
Civil War but BvS comes close
>>
>>69174346
Batman v Superman was a more entertaining film to watch for me. Visually I thought it looked better, the airport fight kind of bored me.
>>
>>69188527
>>69188700
I'd like to add, I know that wasn't what the Bats/Supes fight was about, but it still lacked "something"

>>69188767
I thought the cinematography was stellar up until the gratuitous snapzooms showed up in the DD fight.

The choreography I think I preferred in CW, but again, that fucking Batmobile chase scene gave me chills. The camera was astonishingly perfect.
>>
>>69179822
>>>Airport fight
>
>Sweet. Jesus.
>
>So much was done in the airport fight. So much. So many great things. It literally was like seeing some of the best comic book fights brought to life. If the Doomsday fight was a one scoop ice cream cone, the Airport Fight is a 4 scoop banana split. With extra whipped cream, a cherry, and the waitress singing you Happy Birthday

holy shit this.
just finished watching the movie. I'm overwhelmed by how good that was. Spiderman's introduction to the MCU was fucking great too. Tobey and Garfield BTFO.

Black Panther was unexpectedly cool too, I didn't give a shit before watching this.

BvS can't hold a candle to this movie, not one bit.

I still have hope that if Snyder is given less control the better the movies will turn out.
>>
>>69174346
Civil war
>>
>>69174346
>>69174367
So much this.
>>
>>69190706
Fuck off.

Civil War was better
>>
>>69188767
*tips fedora*
>>
>>69174367
editing was better, but nothing in Bvs beats Giant Man for me
>>
File: 1462286619650.jpg (98 KB, 609x762) Image search: [Google]
1462286619650.jpg
98 KB, 609x762
>>69177244
>black batman
You mean Catman?
>>
>>69191458
The only fight in CW that even came close was the closing fight between Cap, Tony, and Steve.

The editing on the remaining fight scenes was just atrocious, but considering they really want the audience to think that someone would keep stubbornly firing their rifle into the palm of Bucky's metal hand instead of choosing literally any other target, I kind of understand why they wanted it so choppy and incoherent.

The airport could have been a contender, but they sucked all the emotion and impact out of it by having it be zero consequences and a friendly fire casualty.

There were about a dozen better ways they could have went with that,

/thread
>>
>>69191688
Cap, Tony, and Bucky

/thread again
>>
Both had good action scenes. I enjoyed the score in BvS more.
>>
File: 1456367060665.gif (3 MB, 353x209) Image search: [Google]
1456367060665.gif
3 MB, 353x209
>>69191688
>>69191723
>/threading your own posts
FUCKING NEWFAGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Great
>Batmobile chase
Good
>BvS fight
Great
>Batman vs thugs
Good
>Doomsday
Meh

Great, aside from some shaky cam
>Bucky chase
OK
>Bucky escape
Great
>Airport fight
Great aside from some problems, like characters dissapearing and unclear location of the characters
>Cap&Bucky vs Tony
Fuckn Wrekt, incredible fight.
>>
>>69180555
Spider-Man was fucking delivering it while swinging around and having some trouble speaking. Try telling a strategy while you're a teenager and swinging around constantly. It was the most practical depiction of that scene and the delivery was fine.
>>
File: 20140728-004712-2832831.jpg (46 KB, 645x328) Image search: [Google]
20140728-004712-2832831.jpg
46 KB, 645x328
>>69179822
>Anti banter Panther
>>
>>69180071
The ESB line was shitty and was written that way. Compare Rhodes' and Stark's dialogue immediately after:
>"Jesus Tony how old is this kid?"
>"I dunno, I didn't carbon date him. On the young side!"

Rhodes was just as embarassed as everybody in the cinema.
>>
>>69174346
Flashback, Batmobile chase, and Batman vs thugs were all well done. The two big fights, however, were horribly choreographed and didn't flow well at all due to the shitty editing.

Civil War fights weren't quite as good as the flashback sequence in BvS, but they were on par with the chase and Batman vs thugs and far better than the Batman vs Superman and Doomsday vs everyone fights.
>>
File: fuck WB.gif (784 KB, 320x228) Image search: [Google]
fuck WB.gif
784 KB, 320x228
>>69191688
Fuck yo noise
>>
JUST GIVE DC CHARACTERS TO FUCKING MARVEL
THEY COULD DO A GREAT JOB WITH BATMAN, SUPERMAN AND ALL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE
>>
I've seen both:

>flashbacks.
One of the best scenes of the movie. Still has some silliness and flaws, but good.

>batmobile chase.
Meh. Ultimately unnecessary, kind of anticlimactic IMO, and I expected some more interesting gadgets or scale. I didn't feel like batman was under any threat whatsoever for instance.

>BvS
Good. I couldn't really separate plot from it so I was constantly questioning the circumstances and couldn't enjoy it much. Martha is a semi logical conclusion but also sort of stupid since 99% of people wouldnt call their mother by first name.

>doomsday.
Meh. So much visual noise and destruction that I couldn't get into it so much. I think it was executed all right, but the CGI wasn't great, and I think making a fight using gods is inherently more difficult.

>heist.
Great Limited quips, interesting teamwork, actual consequences. I saw little shaky can that didn't work, there was great pacing and tone. Only bad element was black Widow being too stupid to wear a fuxkkng vest.

>bucky chase
Great again. Another tight, fast paced action sequence. Big change in settings over time, improvised actions, interesting teamwork, consequences, etc. Quick cutting, but editted well enough that locations and actions make sense.

>escape.
Same as above really. Less improvising but still fast, still lots of changing settings and characters, etc.

>airport fight
Ambivalent. It was very creative and fun as fuck. Quips are a bit much at times and others are great. That said, the whole time the pacing is good because they NEED to get to Siberia, and they smartly dispose of OP vision by introducing self-doubt.

>finale.
Pretty good. Disappointed in some CGI and the "you killed my mom" line is bad, but it made sense, it built up well, it kept me guessing, changed setting, had creativity etc.

I'm just amazed that a mere super soldier has been used so much more interestingly than fucking Batman and superman.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.