[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this any good or just some english crap?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: highrise.jpg (137 KB, 509x755) Image search: [Google]
highrise.jpg
137 KB, 509x755
is this any good or just some english crap?
>>
I thought it was fun, but the plot wasn't all the much.
>>
Ben Wheatley makes mediocre films for pretentious douchebags.
>>
sienna miller is sexy in it
>>
File: High-Rise.2015.3.webm (2 MB, 900x380) Image search: [Google]
High-Rise.2015.3.webm
2 MB, 900x380
>>69170191
Extremely funny black comedy
It will definitely help if you're clued up on 70's England though

>>69170375
Sienna Guillory was my fave
I think it's the only time both of them have been in the same movie
>>
File: 1367306318776.gif (353 KB, 231x196) Image search: [Google]
1367306318776.gif
353 KB, 231x196
is it worth watching for based qt peggy?
>>
>>69170699
She is very good in it
Her accent is pretty well done
Also she's heavily pregnant if that's your thing
>>
>>69170760
Not particularly but it sounds nice
>>
>>69170699
Tom Hiddleston rails her from behind in it.
>>
>>69170368
I've only seen Kill List and I was so fucking buttblasted by the last part. I thought it was going to be about two hitmen busting a pedophile ring, but then it dropped that fucking AWFUL cult garbage. Such a fucking waste of a good movie.

I want to watch A Field in England but I really don't know if it will be worth it.
>>
File: sexy peggy.jpg (96 KB, 855x575) Image search: [Google]
sexy peggy.jpg
96 KB, 855x575
>>69171220
post webm please
>>
>>69171277
>Kill List
>his victims thanking him for killing them
>you somehow didn't perceive that as strange
>you somehow didn't connect the dots
>you somehow missed the entire fucking subtext of the film, entirely
>you somehow think the ending is "stupid"

You are post-millennial scum that is everything goddamn wrong with this world.
>>
>>69171409
There was no subtext, a few markings and quirky dialogue. The ending was garbage, you're an idiot if you think it required an ounce of thought.
>>
>>69171409
He's right, the cult story didn't fit at all, it was corny as fuck.
>>
>>69171440
>>69171458
I never had a high opinion of the intellectual calibre of most posters here but seriously, this is just retarded.
>missing the entire point
>no, it's the movie that is wrong!
>>
I haven't seen it but I know it will be inherently flawed. Can't really do Ballard's prose justic with this medium t b h.
>>
File: Yes, I Murdered Him.jpg (53 KB, 620x347) Image search: [Google]
Yes, I Murdered Him.jpg
53 KB, 620x347
>>69171440
>>69171458
>not being able to focus attentively on a story unfolding over the course of 2 hours

You are the cancer that destroyed this place and is now proceeding to destroy humanity. Everything you touch, is shit. YOU are shit. Everything you will ever amount to, everybody you will ever know and everything you will ever do, will be shit.

You rob everything of its integrity and you spew your "buzzwords" as though they're gospel. You brag about accomplishments that aren't yours to what passes for your "friends" and they reward you with empty applause. Empty. Like everything else in your life. You have never possessed one ounce of dignity, honor or self-respect. Others do not respect you. In all likelihood they will NEVER respect you.

I do not wish death upon the likes of you. I do not wish for you to end your vapid, hollow existence. Instead, I revel in the knowledge that, with each year that passes, you will descend more and more into the despair and depression that will inevitably follow your teenagehood. I wish I could be there to see the look on your face as the revelation hit you. The revelation that you are nothing and always have BEEN nothing. I wish I could be there to tell you, "I told you so" with a wry smile on my face.

That this will never happen, is my only regret. Enjoy what passes for your life, child, because in a few years when adulthood hits you with full-force, you will not even be REMOTELY prepared for it.
>>
>>69171506
There is no point, Wheatley even mentioned he made it a cult movie because he just found them creepy. There's literally on reason for them to be there beyond it being a shlocky horror schtik
>>
>>69171277
Kill List was essentially Wickerman 2, instead of sacrificing the lead they sacrifice everyone else, orchestrating everything and sending someone to do it all for them. My problem with this is that it doesnt actually tell you why theyre doing this, the signs were all there from the beginning, but it doesnt tell you why theyre doing it.
>>
>>69171533
>not being able to focus attentively on a story unfolding over the course of 2 hours

I did, it was just not very good my man, sorry I'm ripping on your favourite obscure englishman
>>
I had liked the Ben Wheatley film's I'd seen so far but thought that this got too abstract and meandering

And the Thatcher quote at the end laid it on too thick.
>>
>>69171533
>>69171506
>>69171409
There's deeper narrative in this.

Hitmen get hired by supsicious guys > find out spooky dealings in their hits > spooky gf of one of the hitmen acting weird > last hit turns out to be spooky cultists who go batshit crazy > hitman runs off to protect his family, gets wrecked > wakes up before the cult, forced to fight some spooky hunchback > oh shit it was actually my wife and child (LMAO ripping off Serbian Film, seriously?) > oh shit spooky asf everyone is actually in the cult!
>>
Wheatley's only decent film is A Field in England. Everything else feels like an accomplished student project at best.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.