[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they have to ruin this with the alien shit at the end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 14
File: cloverfield5-xlarge[1].jpg (92 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
cloverfield5-xlarge[1].jpg
92 KB, 1280x721
>>
The aliens arent want ruined it.

The mary sue taking on a ship by herself, having zero zombat knowledge, and not knowing what the fuck they were is what ruined it.
>>
>>69169020
>have two matches
>and a half empty bottle of wine
>????
>SPACESHIP DESTROYING NAPALM

Terrible movie. It's not even related to Cloverfield at all.
>>
>>69169537
To be fair, it was shown literally seconds earlier how insanely flammable the gas that spewed out of that very same ship was.

Also it was a lighter and it was whiskey.
>>
>>69169020
It's called delivery.

As much I like Goodman and MEW I want to see some explosion and aliens in my movie
>>
>>69169020
I'm pretty sure it was some dumb studio shit, where they threw a lot of shit at an alomst finished movie. Even the Cloverfield link was slapped on this movie pretty much for marketing reasons
>>
Jew Jew Abrams
>>
>>69169625
>exclusively for marketing reasons

ftfy. they even said as much
>>
File: 1397400277343.png (438 KB, 910x898) Image search: [Google]
1397400277343.png
438 KB, 910x898
>>69169020
>>69169425
>>69169537
>>69169625
>>69169646
>spot the plebshit

Ending was the best part. It pulled the rug on people who thought Goodman's character was just insane.

>"b-but I wanted it to be just another thriller"

It's adorable when underage reddit kiddies try so hard to fit in.
>>
>>69169741

I really don't know why ANYONE was surprised that there was something waiting for her up there.

They literally set up that there's SOMETHING killing people up on the surface when MEW almost escapes but stops when she sees the dying woman infected with something BEGGING to get in., it's a major plot point.

Only retards thought that it came out of nowhere, as they blatantly set it up and foreshadowed it heavily several times throughout the film.
>>
>>69169020
It was a better ending than War or the Worlds. FIGHT ME
>>
>>69170399
I bet you're one of those dipshits who said there shouldn't have been anything there and the dying lady was just an escaped mental patient.

Because that's never been done.
>>
Because J.J. Abrams is a giant faggot
>>
>>69170487

Did you not ready my post faggo?

I'm arguing for the alien ending, not against. There being nothing up there would have been retarded because of both the infected woman AND the dead pigs that were clearly killed by something supernatural.
>>
>>69169020
>sequel to Cloverfield

what a load of shit, this had nothing to do with Cloverfield except the fucking name
>>
>>69170571

And similar tone, themes, and ARG.
>>
>>69170571
It's the same universe.
It was aliens all along.
>>
>>69169741
>come to planet
>release poison gas
>not really that effective
>many people survive
>injured woman been running around outside for days, making noise
>they never caught her, she hid in a shed
>random girl who's been imprisoned for days/weeks sees alien scout ship
>alien chases her
>it gets killed by a bottle of wine

It's not so much the inclusion of the aliens.
It's the execution.
Worst aliens since the aliens from Signs
>>
>>69170538
>clearly killed by something supernatural

What? How were they CLEARLY killed by something supernatural?
>>
>>69170617
toss around some more meaningless buzzwords, would you?
>>
I fucking hate when they have number in the title that doesn't have anything to do with order of release like Big Hero 6 or Cloverfield 10, that should be forbidden, also in my country two Cloverfield movies have completely different names
>>
>>69169020
why the fuck was there blood on his truck? he only rammed her car and not herself
>>
They were so blantant on showing that something spooky is going on outside that until the very end I've expected it all to be a clever ruse by Goodman and the world being completly fine
>>
I thought it was great.
>>
Some questions...

In the photo of Howard and the kidnapped girl, who took the photo? Its a polaroid and they are both on the couch. Howard looking happy and the girl looking miserable. Some 3rd party had to take the shot, so who?

Also, could it have been Emmett? We know he worked on the bunker around the time the girl went missing, and the scene were he is introduced (the banging noise that howard investigates) claims he got hurt getting in and some shit fell on him, but is it possible he was already inside and Howard beat his cuck ass for disobeying orders, or for dropping food? We know Howard is violent and a control freak. And the scene where we are introduced to Emmett didnt seem like he just got there considering how paranoid Howard is about letting people in and opening the door seal.

So, who is the picture taker, and whats the deal with Emmett?
>>
I've watched it half-sleepy, but was Howard's motivation for killing girls ever explained? I also expected for him to have a more personal death and not be blown up offscreen
>>
>>69170727
it was paint transfer from the car crash dumbo
>>
File: 1462366118779.jpg (62 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1462366118779.jpg
62 KB, 719x719
>>69170670

They look like that fucking melted in their enclosure, much like the woman when MEW finds her body in the shed towards the end of the film.

>>69170683

It's 100% true though. They're both large scale science fiction stories told from a very small, personal, limited perspective. Both films are about characters struggling to survive an apocalyptic event while they sort out there own inner conflicts (both main characters have regret and relationship issues) and deal with the paranoia that comes along with having no idea what's actually going on.

They are also both pretty dark films, but with sharp witt and humor that helps keep them fun despite all of the tension.

And then there's the whole "Mystery Box" element, where both films were like a puzzle that they wanted fans to solve prerelease with the ARG that helped embellish and add context to certain details of the film for those that put in the effort to keep up with it.

Cloverfield and 10CL are more similar than people give them credit for despite that fact that they have no literal connection outside of some lore stuff.
>>
File: Mr-freeze-evil-plan.jpg (45 KB, 431x300) Image search: [Google]
Mr-freeze-evil-plan.jpg
45 KB, 431x300
>>69170658
>he really thinks those things in Signs were ayy lmaos from space
>>
>>69170968
>They look like that fucking melted in their enclosure, much like the woman when MEW finds her body in the shed towards the end of the film.

How does that mean they were CLEARLY killed by something SUPERNATURAL? Did you go to the bathroom during both of the acid scenes?
>>
>>
QUESTION:

The Cloverfield monster, was that thing part of the alien attack, or an unrelated incident?
>>
>>69171080
That lighting is terrible. It makes it blatantly obvious that was shot on a set in front of a green screen.
>>
>>69171080
They didn't, the whole point was that there were aliens outside and that Goodman wasn't crazy.
>>
>>69171085
I guess it is heavily implied. The aliens looked kind of similar and came in different forms and sizes
>>
John Goodman carried this film, he could break down my door pee in my fishtank and slash my tires and I'd probably still like him
>>
>>69171052

I guess it's technically possible that Howard could have poured acid on them. I just found it to be unlikely, as Emmett probably would have noticed when he entered the bunker. However, to be fair, I don't think MEW's character ever mentioned the pigs to him so whatever.

Regardless, the woman is more than enough to indicate that there's something weird going down outside.

>>69171085

Completely 100% unrelated. The films don't take place in the same universe.
>>
>>69171152
He still was kind of crazy
>>
>>69169566
Whiskey isn't flammable either
>>
>>69169020
the alien stuff was great, you plebfag. him being a murderer was the shit part that ruined the movie and made it drop from 9/10 to 4/10.
>>
>>69171085
Same universe, same attack.
Don't belive >>69171178
>>
>>6916956

>shown literally seconds earlier how insanely flammable the gas that spewed out of that very same ship was.

When was this shown?
>>
>>69171210

The film objectively takes place years after Cloverfield does, even if you DO think they take place in the same universe for some retarded reason.

MEW's character has an iPhone 6 for fucks sake.
>>
>>69169741
This family senpaichichi!

So many normie Tumbrdors and Redditors on 4chan lately, it's disgusting.
>>
>>69171178
>The films don't take place in the same universe

Son, two different universes that happen to share a Tagruato company that sells a Slusho beverage?
>>
>>69171259

Yeah, those companies also exist in Jew Jew's Star Trek and Lost you fucking newfag.
>>
>>69171251
>MEW's character has an iPhone 6 for fucks sake.
Minor differences brought on by the amount if time between each movies filming. Same with actors in trilogies that take place in the same month or set of time but look years older. One tree hill, harry potter, etc
>>
>>69171251
>what is product placement
>using product placement to form a canon chronology
Not even once.
>>
>>69171311

Now you're just shitposting.
>>
>>69170706
SHUT THE FUCK UP you inbred Ahmet!
Cloverfield 10 was the adress of the property where the bunker was, you goat fucking shitstain. Did you even watch the movie, you son of an eternal whore.
>>
I much rather have watched the movie of the americans taking the south back instead of this pile of garbage.
>>
>>69171195
As someone who's both thrown molotov cocktails made with whiskey and flambéed stuff with whiskey I can with 100% certainty tell you that this is bullshit.

Sure, if you drop a match into a bottle nothing's gonna happen, but in my experience any kind of alcohol above, say 30% gets really fucking flammable when you heat it to near its boiling point. About molotov's, it only works if the bottle breaks, otherwise there's just too much of it for a small flame to ignite. The "scatter" is essential for it to go off.
>>
>>69171210

Yeah, no. The director openly stated the films take place in different timelines.
>>
>>69171238
Right when the ship had passed her the first time, when it spewed gas
>>
>>69171408
>but in my experience any kind of alcohol above, say 30% gets really fucking flammable when you heat it to near its boiling point.

She had time to find out whether or not the wine was 30% and she heated it up to boiling point in those 5 seconds?
>>
>>69171430
[citation needed]
>>
>>69171178
>poured acid on them

I was thinking more of a sprinkler system or something.
>>
>>69171465

https://youtu.be/siSQ4SvAZSY

Right at the beginning
>>
>>69171455
Why does everyone seem to think that it's wine? It's clearly whiskey. The bottle is even shown in closeup at the beginning of the film.

>she heated it up to boiling point in those 5 seconds?

Assuming the bottle smashed into the inside of the monster's mouth or the monster bit it or something, she wouldn't have to.
>>
it's shit, has fuck all to do with the original film, and this thread is full of shills.
>>
putting cloverfield on the name was just a cash grab
>>
>>69171499

BTFO
>>
There was nothing to ruin because it was already bad before the ending. Am I the only one who thought this movie was shit?
>>
>>69171254
Blatant shilling here, folks.
>>
>>69171499
Shit, it really is a twilight zone - feature film series.
Fucking disappointing.
>>
can we talk about how the movie should have been 2 hours of mew feet?
>>
>>69171678

How? It's a great idea and refreshing in an era where everyone else is focused on making EPIC CINEMATIC UNIVERSES with their genre properties instead of telling good standalone stories.

Plus it gives a platform for new directors and writers like Trachtenberg get a chance to do something new and creative with less financial risk for the studio backing it because they're doing it under an established franchise. It's a good idea, and if the upcoming films are at least on par with the last two then I'm totally all in.
>>
>>69171791
Literally black mirror, only constrained by a "monster movie - thriller" brand name that has nothing to do with the director intentions.
You can tell this one didn't want to put aliens in it but had to, else the brand would be ruined.

And making "episodes" longer doesn't make them better.
>>
>>69171778

Her feet are ugly.

Her thighs and butt on the other hand...
>>
Goodman was amazing, but nothing else in the movie was really that special. Didn't care for it and don't understand why it gets so much praise.
>>
>>69171978

According to an interview with the director that I'm too lazy to google, Jew Jew had already rewritten the film and added a shit ton of stuff including the character of Emmett and the alien element was already added to the original spec script they purchased before the he signed on to make it.

It was always intended to be a science fiction film.

>And making "episodes" longer doesn't make them better.

But having the budget of a feature film instead of a television show does.
>>
>>69171408
>>69171195
>>69171455
whiskey works perfectly fine for a molotov. the mongoloid shitnut who claims otherwise is invited to make one himself and smash it to the ground between his feet. don't forget to livesetream it for us all, you dick sucking clown.
the magic ingredient that makes it all possible is the sudden influx of oxygen that triggers a combustive reaction the moment the bottle breaks.
>>
anons, if you were locked inside with a female that looked like that for years ... would you eventually just rape her? (for arguement sake let's say she doesn't want to have sex with you). and I don't mean like a "punch her in the face and abuse her" rape, just hold her down and penetrate and fuck until you cum. like once a month maybe.
>>
>>69171978

There was always going to be a scifi element in the film. This is the original ending before Bad Robot bought/repurposed the script:

>Michelle escapes the shelter and is chased through the farmhouse by Howard, who still wants to “protect” her. She blinds him with bathroom cleaner, he tells her about his tragic life (dead wife, missing daughter, treacherous Nate, etc.), and then she shoots him in the kneecap and runs away. He ends the movie alive, entreating Michelle to “be careful.” Later, after traveling down empty roads and finding no one around to help her, she crests a hill and sees the Chicago skyline, smoldering and destroyed. No explanation is given. We don’t even know what she will do next, only that she now knows that Howard, for all his oddity, was correct.

They just changed "Ambiguous Disaster" to Aliens because that's the kind of movie that the writers/director/producers wanted to make.
>>
>>69172130
>triggers a combustive reaction the moment the bottle breaks
this
technically you could build one with fucking flour
>>
>>69169020
If you don't like the ayliems just stop the movie when she gets out.
>>
>>69172149
No. I'm not a fucking animal or nigger. The moment such thoughts cross my mind I might as well open the bunker and go outside as I would have lost my humanity.
>>
>>69172442
Stop it right as she sees the geese fly overhead and she takes the mask off.
>>
>>69172646
>>69172442
>"So what the fuck was up with the woman who wanted to get inside? I mean he could've just butchered the pigs himself but...ah nevermind. My dad works at Bad Robot and said there's a MEW under the truck"
>>
>>69172130
hes triggered

calm you degenerate filth
>>
>>69172696
Why does everything need to be explained? Coincidences happen.
>>
>>69172696
She said "it barely touched me". I assume "it" was the green gas.
>>
Initially, I was shocked at how dumb the ending was when I saw it, but thinking back on it, I can kind of see why they did it beyond just pandering to pleb audiences. First they needed to show the aliens, that element added to the movie, making the Goodman character even more of an ambiguous villain, and I thought visually it was a good way to end it. When they show the alien floating with the tentacles and MEW goes "Oh, come on" I thought would've been a good place to end the movie. But when she decides to go to Houston is also important to MEW's character arc. The problem was how to bridge these two important plot points. There were several elements that needed to be established(she has to get the key to the car, she has to get rid of the alien so it doesn't follow her, etc.). It's just unfortunate that it had to be done through a mindless action scene, I wish there would've been a way to do it differently.
>>
>>69172792
I think the film should've ended with her seeing the fires in the distance and the ship (at a distance). If they wanted to toss all ambiguity out the window I guess it could end with the ship flying close overhead...the entire sequence with the alien dog and molotov cocktail doesn't fit the movie at all and feels like a cop-out so fags didn't leave the movie whining about it like it was The Blair Witch Project.
>>
>>69169020
lmao at people who think the movie should've ended just after she left the bunker

first of all the movie makes it pretty obvious there really are things going on up there.
second of all it's got fucking "cloverfield" in its name, obviously there was gonna be some kind of giant alien or godzilla-tier threat.
third of all, IT WOULD BE NEGATING THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF THE MOVIE, which is the development that megan goes through. ending before that would have made no sense. we needed to see megan fight her way out of this shit and then make the conscious decision to drive to a helping center.
>>
So it's one of those aliens who can travel through space, but can't check for humans in a very obvious bunker? What is it with aliens and doors which easily stop them?
>>
>>69172921
Her name was Michelle. I know because I looked through her wallet, but seeing as how I watched her movie I think I was owed that much.
>>
>>69172959
yeah, there were too many girls names to remember in that movie
>>
>>69172948
Because the movie needed to happen you retarded autist.
>>
>>69173246
like that's an excuse..

"DUDE this literally fucking retarded thing needed to happen because otherwise THERE WOULD BE NO MOVIE, GOOOOD"
>>
>>69173326
found the virgin
>>
>>69169425
would have been a much better ending if the aliens straight up killed her at the end. That never happens.
>>
>>69170779
>WHOA WHOA IT'S JUST A PRANK MEW!
>>
>>69169020
why the fuck did they not kill (or at least try to kill) goodman as soon as they found out he kidnapped and killed that little girl?

they had several days, i'm sure he would let his guard down at some point and they could kill him

had they done that, they would have a shitton of food and could live in peace as a couple for as much as they wanted, and then when they decided to leave they could just do that in peace

seriously, how the fuck is
>making a suit
>making a mask
>stealing goodman's keys
>looking for help while the others stays with a pissed off goodman

better than just killing him?
>>
>>69172220
R-really? Iv made sawdust cannoys before that make awsome flames but I didn't know flour would burn?
>>
Anyone have the screenshot of Emmet's remains in the acid?
>>
Movie was so unpredictable it became predictable. ooh shes a poor girl and hes a man = HES A RAPIST WHO CAPTURED HER. He saved her life and has her in the bunker OOH NO HES A MAN, HE IS GONNA RAPE HER. Why is she the centre of attention? me me me, hes gonna rape me, tis all about me. Shut up, bitch. There are 2 other people in the Bunker and not 1 of them wants to rape your ugly ass, stop projecting.

>>69170906

This, wtf was the point of making Howard a girl murderer? Why the fuck would they write that bullshit about him having another secret girl down there. Why the fuck did Howard show them the pic of the girl he murdered?? WTF, so you murder a girl, you then show her photo to people and wait for one of them to recognize her as a missing person. So retarded.

Howard's death should have occured when the Alien Ship was about to kill Michelle and the camera zoomed out, we should have seen an enraged Howard with all his army equipment and he could destroy the ship from the bunker, earning his redemption.
>>
this movie was garbage
>>
>>69172921
>megan
>megan
>megan
It's alright that you were fapping to Megan is Missing, anon. Just stop confusing the 2 movies.
>>
There was nothing wrong with the aliens. It's how Michelle turned into MacGyver and just the whole execution of everything after the bunker.
>>
>>69174862
>WTF, so you murder a girl, you then show her photo to people and wait for one of them to recognize her as a missing person. So retarded.
That would've been fine- maybe Howard was trying to pretend he was a normie just so they wouldn't freak out. But he had ZERO reason to show her the photo.

Also, why does he being a nutjob means that suddenly they want to get out into the fallout? Why not tell him you can make a chemical suit? Why not kill him in his sleep if he bothers you that much? Why not say you were using the gaffer tape and the box cutter to make the collages Emmett ACTUALLY DID? So fucking contrived.
>>
>>69169625
No, it wasn't slapped on it for marketing reasons

The movie was going to be cloverfield related since the beginning
The original script called ''The Cellar' was really shitty compared to the actual movie
So they took it and rewrote it
>>
>>69169020
Because the shit it does before was done a hundred thousand times.
>muh ambiguity
>muh uncertainty
It was boring as fuck. The aliens were alright but I hated her character and so should anybody sane have done.
>>
>>69170727
Are you fucking twelve?
>>
>>69171678
>a twilight zone - feature film series
>not being ok with this
>>
>>69175863
not when its being made by retards that couldnt tell an original and engaging story to save their lives.
>>
>>69172792
>important to MEW's character arc
>muh empowered independent woman

It was a shitty forced cash-cow character and hence an 'arc' I couldn't give two shits about.
>>
File: 1462341978733.jpg (54 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1462341978733.jpg
54 KB, 500x375
>>69175346
so two shitty movies came together to make one mediocre one but since it has goodman and mew in it it will forever be overhyped like all of the films that abbrams has produced/directed.

what a time to be alive.
>>
>>69169020
They didn't ruin it. It was just like digging through a pile of shit and then finding cancer inside of it.
>>
Does her feet appear a lot? Do we have sole shots? I'm thinking in a movie to watch today and perhaps I'm gonna watch this one if it packs a loot of foot scenes.
>>
>wah why was there a vvitch in the vvitch
>>
>>69169020
Fuck, looking at those sexy fucking white girl feet.
>>
>>69170617
Name one similar thing.

Also people saying that it should have been aliens because the film was leading up to it are retards.

The point of the film was Goodman, and the fact that MEW can take on an alien and its slace shit yet can't kill a fat old man undermines the whole thing.
>>
Also MEW falls a really long way in a car after taking out the ship and is perfectly fine.

The violence of the film was very grounded and real up until the ending.

They should have ended it with her escaping, it would have been a much better film
>>
>>69169020
This was a great movie and your contrarian ass should feel bad
>>
>>69177136
Agreed. Cute white girls have the most lickable feet.
>>
Ok, I just watched the movie and thought I had an idea what the movie is about. Maybe this idea is discussed, but couldn't find exactly what I wanted to say.
So in this movie. there are no aliens and such. Howard is truly an abductor and he did indeed abduct Michelle and the other girl. The aliens have have two meanings to them.To start from the end of the movie, once she has been abducted and becomes a victim of kidnapping, the outside world now hold a totally different view compared to when she was before being kidnapped. The world is strange, hostile and alien, something extremely absurd when viewed before such an aftermath. So she sees another side of the world, a more hostile one. The alien also has another important view, where she develops a Stockholm syndrome even after escaping, where she believes his motives and intentions were true and not harmful to her.
Basically, the killing of the alien by Michelle probably signifies her overcoming the mental disorder personally for herself and then when she moves to Houston, she helps other victims who has undergone the same abduction and such, instead of running away from this problem. The killing mas also signify overcoming the Stockholm syndrome as well.
When she views the lady affected by the alien through the window for the first time, I thought she just saw a herself from the outside, begging to be released from imprisonment and saw herself dying in the future.
Finally, I thought the guy was how Howard viewed himself. Funny, charming and playful (how Michelle would view him) before deciding to kill that personality and starting to torture and kill her. Because I think, once you are kidnapped there would be a certain daily mundane routine before the kidnapper decides to torture and kill, which the happy time the three have in the movie.
>>
It's pretty obvious that it was some force using engineered, weaponized organisms through various means to wipe out humanity, and continuity between both movies is great. The clumsy, giant, slow, dispersive monster in Cloverfield is perfect for urban destruction, while the monsters in 10 CFL were perfect for covering great distance more quickly and more specifically targeting their prey.
>>
>>69176161
Plenty of foot shots
>>
Why is MEW so fucking beautiful bros

It seriously hurts my heart to look at her
>>
>>69169425
>mary sue
Post discarded
>>
>>69174477
This.
>>
>>69177937
you're thinking far too much into this. What appeared on screen was one persons (the director's) vision, its flawed, it has problems. Stop trying to look into those flaws as if its a masterpiece with a hidden meaning. Its a flick released by 1 person or 1 group of people to earn money.
>>
>>69177946
The problem is is that Goodman was far more interesting than the aliens.

Also if MEW could handle an alien spaceship and a penis monster (what the fuck happened to that anyway it just suddenly disappeared) then how come she struggled so much in the bunker?

I just think the alien stuff stopped the film being really good. Having a story about an autistic old man abducting girls and telling them they can't leave due to aliens is a better story.

They could have easily made it entirely about that with some small changes (the woman being an acid burn victim and unable to talk properly for example)
>>
>16:9 movie and still has letterboxes
into the trash it goes
>>
>>69178149
>Its a flick released by 1 person or 1 group of people to earn money.

if we all thought about films like that, there wouldnt be any films
>>
>>69178015
She really was super hot
>>
ayyyyylmao ruined the movie

They should've left him as some underground slave abductor.
>>
>>69178199
I understand your perspective. I personally enjoy when they make films multidimensional like this, though.

Also, I would think of MEW's development like this; when she's in the bunker, life is still normal enough that she is afraid of losing it. As things get crazier, she starts to realize that the chances of her survival are getting slimmer and slimmer, ago she just had less to lose. After she FINALLY escapes the bunker in what would be considered insane in the real world, she is confronted. By. Killer. Aliens. At this point, she has to be at ftfy and just decides to stop caring or fearing. This explains her choice at the end as well. She is no longer afraid, but she knows that if all this ever ends, she wants people to be able to live normal lives again.
>>
>>69177815
What a great hot opinion. Maybe you should go back to facebook.
>>
>>69169020

How does that chair hold him?
>>
>>69178015
>>69178275
That was the only redeeming quality of her 'character' though.
>>
>>69169020
He was an idiot. Should have never let that escape of hers and all the shit she pulled off happen.
>>
Howard did nothing wrong and we would have never seen any ayys if MEW didn't fuck everything up.
>>
>>69178770
He did everything wrong.
>>
>>69178810
Name one thing.
>>
>>69178829
Let her out of the room in the first place. She was antagonizing him from the start.
Let her conspire and eventually escape.
Let her pour acid over him and overpower him.
>>
>>69171627
>thinks false flagging and shilling are the same thing

Do you even understand what shilling means, dumb cunt?
>>
>>69178829
Raping and murdering little girls.
>>
>>69177995
Thanks
>>
Who /footfag/ here? MEW has amazing fucking white girl feet
>>
they had a fantastic and well written character (goodman), with a really good plot, and then they RUINED it with an AYYYY LMAO twist. FUCK IT. SERIOUSLY? WHY. And then they left it open for a FUCKING SEQUEL (or just open ended, but still, sequels are so common)
>>
Aliens was a stupid decision. It Should have been a single creature from the cosmos
>>
EXPLAIN THE BLOOD AND HELP SCRATCHED ONTO THE PANE
>>
how on earth did she make a molotov out of wine?
>>
Mew was pretty hot in this movie but they really should have asked her to drop maybe 10-15 lbs.
>>
>>69179386
The girl that Goodman kidnapped (the one he said was his "daughter") tried to get out earlier.
She dropped her earring there and that's why MEW talked to the guy about it and that's how they came to the conclusion that Goodman was shady because the guy knew 100% that wasn't his daughter

Nigga why am I even explaining this, did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>69178829
Being a psychokiller? But hey, nobody's perfect, right?
>>
>>69179562
that was so stupid.why would goodman clean up the struggle so well aka all the blood but leave behind the help signal and earring.
>>
>>69179628
That was on the other side of the air vent
>>
>>69179455
Are you into necrophilia? Go fuck some skeletons at the graveyard, you sick fuck.
>>
>>69179386
Are you dumb? Are there twelve-year olds posting on here?
>>
File: 1461623744914.jpg (7 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
1461623744914.jpg
7 KB, 188x268
>>69179628
Because the air duct was small, Goodman wouldn't be able to fin it to crawl to that room.
Please pay more attention to what the characters are actually saying
>>
>>69179669

Scuse you. She is clearly over the healthy BMI
>>
>>69179607
There's no proof that he killed anyone except for Emmet.
>>
>>69179667
so he couldnt get in that side at all? why even build something you cannot maintain and that your victims hide things in and potentially get out of?
>>
>>69179751
yeah, except for the girl that was confirmed to not be his daughter, and yet was still in his photos and went "missing" shortly afterwards
>>
>>69179789
>confirmed to not be his daughter
By Emmet? He could have been lying to MEW because he knows she would trust the guy who isn't fat and old.
>>
>>69179703
im pretty sure he couldve fit into the hatch that was being blocked.he who planned for everything didnt have enough foresight for basic problems like airvents being blocked though.
>>
>>69179751
I know you're a classic /tv/ shitposter, but humor me.
Who wrote the Help sign and why did he show her a picture of the wrong girl?
>>
>>69179842
So Emmet killed the kept a girl in Goodman's bunker and killed her there without the guy knowing it?
Get fucked.
>>
>>69179863
so goodman caught her in the airvent writing it shot her,dipped her in acid and cleaned up the blood,then forgot to get rid of the sign and pick up her earring?
>>
>>69171280
and fringe too

nobody ever says "cocacola™ exists in these 2 movies they must be the same universe!!!" either
>>
>>69179751
The guy was a nut. He wasn't even able to call MEW a woman during that game.
>>
>>69180058
so?
>>
if the girl had went missing years ago why was there fresh blood on the window? even if it wasnt years blood just doesnt sit on something and stay conglomerated and red
>>
If Goodman can't fit through the vent how did he catch the girl who tried to escape?
>>
>>69180135
its a bad movie,that is why.
>>
Cloverfield was only in the title for marketing purposes.
>>
>>69178829
Shooting Emmet in the face in cold blood while she stood next to him.
>>
>>69180206
i suspect he can fit through the one he was pulling on but couldnt get into.

why he would send MEW up there knowing there is evidence of a crime is beyond retarded since theyve established howard plans/pays attention to every detail.

>he noticed the hazmat suit under mews bed but cant find a earring that he saw a girl wear everyday

bravo fatman.
>>
File: mewtew.jpg (71 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
mewtew.jpg
71 KB, 612x612
>>69178015
don't question it pham
>>
>>69180263
he was a traitor and was going to get them all killed.
>>
>>69178903
Tbh with the incompetence of these shills I wouldn't be surprised if it was legit.
Also why the fuck would you false flag only to admit that you are false flagging?
Do you even know what false flagging means?
Just an excuse to call someone dumb because in reality you're the dummy I think.
>>
>>69178829
Being a creepy rapey piece of shit?
>>
>>69180363
>rapey

the only thing he raped was spaghetti,he should be ashamed of that disgusting sauce.
>>
>>69180329
>while she stood next to him

Read and think a little or top posting.
>>
>watch trailer
>hints at goodman being right and there was some big attack by a monster
>wait the entire movie for him to be right
>absolutely nothing until the very end

what a let down
>>
>>69180545
she knows its going to happen anyway,why would it be any better to take him into a room with a struggle and shoot him?

dumb faggot.
>>
>>69180607
Wow. You know shit about human psychology.

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>69180308

my first and only ex girlfriend looked like her but more even more beautiful

hurts even thinking about it
>>
>>69180607
>she knows its going to happen anyway
No, she doesn't. And neither does Emmet.
Fuck off.
>>
>>69180607
Wow. Do you live in a bunker? Do you converse with people from time to time?
>>
>>69178829
>catches the perfect waifu
>unchains her

There
>>
>>69180660
>traitor
>Shot him on the spot as an example and because it would be a wasted effort to move him to another room because he is going to die anyway

it wouldve been sooo much better if he locked her up and she heard gunshots in the other room.yup,that would have changed so much.
>>
>>69180135
>>69180212
are you guys retarded?

he captured the original girl years ago. she was alive up until the movie started. she tried to escape and goodman killed her. goodman needed/wanted another girl, so he crashed his car into mews car. goodman did not plan on aliens attacking and the other guy forced his way in.
>>
>>69180781
>Sparking rebellion in a girl that already attacked and fought him once.

Also, you know, he wouldn't have to have shot him. Dipshit.
>>
>>69180692
>>69180730
if she didnt think anything bad was going to happen she would not have coverd for him,retards.she at the very least knew he was going to be starved or beaten.
>>
>>69180790
>he captured the original girl years ago. she was alive up until the movie started. she tried to escape and goodman killed her. goodman needed/wanted another girl, so he crashed his car into mews car. goodman did not plan on aliens attacking and the other guy forced his way in.

I never thought of that. That's why he was antagonizing Emmett so much.

I just figured he did want to obtain her but it happened by accident (lel) while he was scrambling to get into his bunker to prepare for the ayy lmao invasion.
>>
>you will never live in a bunker like that
>>
>>69180865
You can't be this dumb or antisocial
>>
>>69180849
he has all the power though,he has the keys,the weapons,he knows the entire layout of the bunker.he had no reason to fear a rebellion and he had no reason to be a likeable person either.
>>
>>69180907
so why did she stand up for emmett if she thought nothing bad was going to happen? if she thought everything was cool why didnt she just let him take the fall so they could get it over with and continue with their planning?
>>
>>69180869
>killed her before the movie
>left the crime scene there and earring even though he had time to clean up

still retarded.
>>
>>69181033
thats alot of dedication for some bait
>>
>>69180790
still doesn't answer why there is fresh blood on the window you autistic cock smoking faggot
>>
>>69169741
Are you fucking kidding me?

It's a god damn fucking SEQUEL TO GOD DAMN CLOVERFIELD YOU GIANT FUCKING RETARD. OF COURSE THERE WOULD BE ALIENS. WHO COULD EVER THINK THERE WEREN'T ANY.

FUCK. SHUT UP. DIE. WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO GOD DAMN RETARDED
>>
File: 1457773227726.png (31 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1457773227726.png
31 KB, 321x322
>>69181502
>>
>>69181129
he's obese. he probably hasn't seen his dick in decades. how the fuck could he see a tiny earring.
>>
>>69181309
do you even know what we are debating about?

do you really think she assumed she would get away without punishment?

sure it was a shock seeing everything transpire so quickly and drastically but it to say she did not think they would get away without punishment is beyond dumb,and they already knew he was capable of killing aswell.

so knowing
>he was angry at them
>he most likely has a weapon of some sort
>he has a rocky relationship with emmett and never wanted him there
>has acid strong enough to dispose of said body

it was highly likey in her mind one of them was going to die

so killing him in another room wouldve made no difference,it would have been harder knowing it is going to happen and hearing it in the room next to you.

he wanted to do it quickly and to make an example out of traitors.
>>
>>69181502
it isnt a sequel to cloverfield though
>>
File: 1462209884709.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1462209884709.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>69178020
more like
>thin privilledge discarded
>>
>>69181614
Fat people have heightened senses in order to compensate for the ones they lost
>>
>>69181614
because he was allegedly obssesed with these girls so he wouldve noticed a missing earring

he also couldve figured out a way to cover up the help sign better.
>>
The earring and help sign were not accessible to Goodman. Emmet killed her and that's why Goodman killed Emmet.
>>
>>69181981
why make a room that is imperative for your survival only accesible to someone you hate?

pretty sure he could get through the hatch but it was blocked
>>
>>69169020
>What's the deal with the daughter, why did he lie for no reason?

>Who was that woman? Was it actually a neighbor or someone else?

>what the fuck kinda garbage was that ending?

>>69171408
>>69171551
>>69172130

Hey look it's the retard brigade. Whiskey is not flammable. The only flammable liquor I've ever seen was 151. 40% booze won't light. Go sneak into your Daddys cabinet and try for yourself you inept twat.

>>69182070
This, that doesn't seem like something a methodical wanker like him would overlook.
>>
>>69181800
thats some hilarious mental gymnastics to cover the original point of howard did nothing wrong. it actually made me chuckle
>>
File: mad bateman.png (111 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
mad bateman.png
111 KB, 300x300
>Movie presents Goodman as insane conspiracy nut job
>talks about alien invasions
>Mary Sue rebels against him even though he saved her life
>turns out there really was poison gas
>turns out there really were ayy lmaos
>Goodman and the other guy died for nothing

Fuck this slut. I wanted her to die, but no, the good characters had to die because of her bullshit. I hoped the aliens would gangbang buttrape her before killing her, of course, she can take out an alien ship with a fucking bottle of liquor and a match.
>>
Is this available to rent yet? Looks fun.
>>
>>69182438
protip just because there is an actual alien invasion going on and there really was poisan gas doesnt make goodman a saint all the sudden. are people really that used to the usual "one or another" storyline in these kind of movies that its such a surprise that the crazy threat was both out AND inside the bunker?
>>
>>69181981
>>69182070
What if Emmet killed Howard's daughter and made up some shit about the girl in the picture being someone else?
>>
>>69182539
He was no threat to her though. Even after she hit him with a bottle and stole his keys he didn't touch her.
>>
>>69182572
howard would have reacted differently than killing emmet then i think.

>>69182600
yea unless she refuses to be his waifu what a bitch
>>
>>69182600
>>69182539
Also, in the original script Emmet killed Howard's daughter, and placed the blame on Howard, though they made it more ambiguous in the movie.
>>
>>69169566
>>69171195
It wasn't whisky. It was the guy's moonshine. That was the whole point of the whole I brew it myself scene.
>>
>>69182641
>yea unless she refuses to be his waifu

He clearly treated her as his daughter, dummy. Anyway, he saved her life and she dumped acid on him and burned down his bunker. Mew is a cunt in this movie.
>>
>>69182298
in that instance he did not since there was an invasion happening and he was putting everyone at risk in his eyes

for stalking and abducting someone?sure but then it comes down to a philosphical question.

>if there was an apocalyspe happeing and someone abducted you,would you be upset if you had everything you needed and said person is only violent towards you when you try to go into the even more hostile world?

the biggest issue with this is the fact that earth/humans might survive the attack and they will continue to be in the bunker but if a species has mastered space travel and is stronger/faster/smarter then us it is safe to assume we will all die but alien invasion movies always paint it out like we have any sort of chance against beings that are literally god like compared to us,so if this were real life we would be safer in a bunker with a guy that is typically non violent and has planned for such an event imo
>>
>>69182696
he never planed on saving her life he just wanted a cute mew. alien invasion just happened coincidential.
>>
>>69182774
So aliens just accidentally attack on the same night? That's beyond retarded.
>>
File: 1426754776413.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1426754776413.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>all those lingering shots of MEW feet in this movie
wew fampais
>>
>>69182843
literally kimmy schmidt plus ayyys and less orgys.
>>
>>69169020
this looks like everythingbutt set up
>>
>>69183024
the only good parts of this shitfest aside from Goodman
>>
I had a dream where MEW kept me as play toy in her dungeon.

Should I be worried?
>>
>>69182572
One theory is that Emmitt killed her and dumped the body on the hatch to the air filtration, then climbed through the vent.

That's the reason he volunteered to go up there (the marks were left behind).

Apparently the original script went like that.
>>
>>69184109
the original script also was heavily rewritten. i mean its fun to speculate over things like that but i personally think the final movie doesnt give much reason to not believe that howard was a crazy nutfuck. the way howard kills emmitt and how he behaves after that being all like finally being alone and being a family n shit would be a bit odd if emmitt was the killer.
>>
>>69184313
Sure. He went full Fritzl at that point.
>>
>>69184313
Howard was pretty fucking crazy, you need to pay more attention, a good example would be that one time the three are playing that word game and Emmet is giving Howard the clues, so Emmet points to Michelle and Howard is unable to get the right answer and say that she is a woman, just that she is a girl, or a little princess, showing that the guy sees her as a surrogate, or a replacement for his daughter. Then there's also the part when he gives her a picture of a girl that went missing, and says that it was his daughter.
>>
>>69184541
That little princess scene was uncomfortable as fuck.
>>
>>69184541
i said
> doesnt give much reason to not believe that howard was [crazy]
in case you misread
>>
Can someone post some webms of the alien scenes?
Pls, I don't want to watch JJ shit, but aliens are always fun.
>>
god, her hair is so fucking adorable in this.
>>
>>69172149

MEW could probably kick my ass tbqh
>>
>>69172149
Howard pls go
>>
>>69172149
I would have raped her every single day. Humanity is dead dude. Religion is disproved with those aliens there so anything goes. Including rape.
>>
/tv/'s reception of this film has convinced me once and for all that you're all not just pretending to be autistic
>>
>>69174862
fucking kys you are 100% absolutely autistic.
>>
Anyone else fap to some MEW feet pics after watching this?
>>
So, [spoilers] Goodman hit her car on purpose because he wanted to kill rape her whatever,, realized AYYs were coming, decided to keep her safe anyway [/spoilers] right?
>>
>>69180363
>>69178943

>rape
>>
>>69189234
he wanted a mewfu then aliens came and he still wanted a mewfu
>>
The only thing I learned from this movie is, if you catch a girl and lock her up in your basement or bunker never, under and circumstances unlock her. Don't leave shit in the room, don't give her even the slightest bit of hope.

Go down there, beat her, and rape her into complete submission regularly and nothing more until she is in a clam submissive state
>>
>>69189234
is this a pasta now?
>>
This movie is great, needs a Netflix tv series.
>>
>>69183024
sold

dling now
>>
>>69190184
valuable life lesson, bro.
>>
>>69190907
It really is. You can learn a lot from watching the dog whisperer
>>
>>69174862
I don't know if he was a rapist. He was definitely fucked up, but it seemed more like he was trying to fill a hole left by his daughter or another woman by imagining "megan" or Michelle into the role. There's that taboo scene where he refers to her as "girl" and "princess." He had some issues but I don't think he was going to rape her.

>we should have seen an enraged Howard with all his army equipment and he could destroy the ship from the bunker, earning his redemption

That's fucking stupid. That sounds like something right out of a capeshit film.
>>
>>69181502
>Sequel to cloverfield
are you legit retarded?
>>69169741
MY MAN!
>>
>>69192307
idiot.
>>
>>69178895
>>69178943
>>69180363
>>69180734
I don't think he was a rapist. I think he had some serious emotional problems surrounding women, or a particular woman in his past. I kind of thought he really did have a daughter and was trying to replace her, first with that girl in the photo and then with Michelle. He didn't like Emmett because Emmett didn't fit in with his 'happy family.' He even talks about them being a family at the end, I think he saw her more as a daughter than an object for rape. He was still twisted and more than a little crazy, but I don't know if he would have raped her. Probably would've killed her if she shattered his fantasy though, like I assume he did to the other girl.
>>
>>69192127
pablo?
>>
File: 1462417779284.jpg (50 KB, 401x474) Image search: [Google]
1462417779284.jpg
50 KB, 401x474
>>69169741
/thread

Ending was pure subversive kino
>>
>My name is John 'Cloverfield' Goodman.
I literally throwed up all over my gf and i had to watch Pitch Perfect 1 and 2 with her as punishment after...
>>
I am slowly being converted to liking the ending
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.