[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Star Trek beyond literally around the corner >no news
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10
File: 2STAR2TREK.jpg (150 KB, 757x797) Image search: [Google]
2STAR2TREK.jpg
150 KB, 757x797
>Star Trek beyond literally around the corner

>no news

That can't be good.
>>
Post yfw the lack of hype and trailers that give away plot make it worth watching

Also at least its not nemesis
>>
>YOU USED TO CALL ME ON THE FIRE EVERYTHING
>>
File: 1461515871983.jpg (188 KB, 810x747) Image search: [Google]
1461515871983.jpg
188 KB, 810x747
>>69168738
>>
File: ;ussy.gif (2 MB, 319x250) Image search: [Google]
;ussy.gif
2 MB, 319x250
>>69168764
IT'S HOW HE ROLLS, NO NEED FOR CHEESE WHEN YOU MAKE BREAD!
>>
will be the movie of the year.

GUARANTEE.

screen cap this, 100% truth. 2 billion.

Considering more and more fans have been coming since Into Darkness.
>>
>>69168738
It's like they know it's garbage already and just try to keep the release as lowkey as possible
>>
>>69168738
FIRE EVERYONE!
>>
>>69168738
How does Mr Abrams get so much emotion from his actors?
>>
>>69168944
that's not how any movie has ever worked.

the worse it is the more money they dump into pre-release advertisement.

even video games do that shit.
>>
>>69168944
Batman & robin had more cups from burger king then anything.

must have been a good movie.

probably don't want to conflict with star wars.
>>
>>69168950

Hot coffee enemas.
>>
File: jul-startrekbeyond.jpg (170 KB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
jul-startrekbeyond.jpg
170 KB, 1600x899
they are starting to reveal a few things here and there
>>
>>69169045
LOOKS LIKE CRAP, MOVIES GUNNA BOMB.

not really, but that's what the horde of trolls gonna say.
>>
Is Alice Eve gonna show some booty in this?
>>
>>69169045
im in love
>>
>>69169045
it's a good thing she's using a space flashlight, otherwise i wouldn't know she's an alien
>>
>>69168738
>literally
stupid americlap
>>
>>69169045
is she a sith or a jedi
>>
File: 7668.png (665 KB, 856x480) Image search: [Google]
7668.png
665 KB, 856x480
Pulling out of CinemaCon is like a nail in the coffin

That has literally never been a sign of anything but disaster. This is Paramount's big summer tentpole and they're pretending like it doesn't exist two months before the release...
>>
they did an extraordinarily bad job at marketing into darkness too

maybe they're waiting for x-men apocalypse to release then they'll put all their effort into marketing
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 528x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 528x544
"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."
>>
>>69170948

Didn't Pegg and the director shit on the trailer for the movie too?
>>
>>69168874
>that bottom right pic of kirk
who has that 'i sucked his cock' gif I cant fucking find it
>>
>>69170948
>>69171000
Pegg seems like a bit of a cunt to be around tbqh
>>
>>69171000

>"Well, its a minute and a half, you know… And again, there were other versions that were much more traditional and I can see where maybe the hardcore fans could probably see that as, “Oh.” But with trailers you’re putting a two-hour movie into a minute and a half, and the one thing I wanted to make sure is that it hopefully represents that we are trying to be bold and take risks, whether we are successful or not, I don’t know. That was something I was excited to do and with collaborators like Simon [Pegg] and Doug [Jung], passion for the franchise will be there regardless. So however it’s presented, yeah it’s a minute and a half, and my challenge to everyone making the trailer is about saying “let’s not go off course, I’m not afraid to share — share it, I feel like we have the goods in a two-hour run and you really do get to know the characters and hopefully the journey is great. I love it and the cast did an amazing job and the crew… and the inside baseball version of the creation of this Trek was pretty condensed in how you usually make a movie of this size. And I wanted us to be bold, I wanted us to take chances and hopefully in a minute and a half we are able to convey that."

>As for those fans who think Lin might have made a Fast & Furious movie set in the Trek universe, Lin understands where the criticism is coming from:

>"Yeah, and I don’t know if that’s the case here. When I saw the teaser, I’m like, aw shit. You really have to put the motorcycle in there? So I get it, I get it, I get it."
>>
File: 1454029899274.gif (1 MB, 364x297) Image search: [Google]
1454029899274.gif
1 MB, 364x297
>>69168738
>Star Trek: Toyko Drift
it amazes me that anyone ever thought this was going to be good
>>
File: devastated peg.png (343 KB, 506x423) Image search: [Google]
devastated peg.png
343 KB, 506x423
>Movie flops
>Nu-Trek killed
>Anthology series cancelled

At least if it was Sony they would try again.
>>
>>69168738

Looks awful just like the other JJ abrams abominations.

I'll just re-watch the old movies thank you.
>>
>>69171148

There's literally no connection between the movie and the series. The rights are owned by two different companies.
>>
>>69170948

Is Simon a JUST?
>>
>>69169485
the feminist made sure we'll never see any female skin in startrek again
>>
>>69171413

Weird that I never see any feminists come in these thread and try to derail them with their whining
>>
>OMG WHERE IS DA MARKETING

its sad that all the internet marketing campaigns start exactly the same way
>>
>>69171808
>implying 4chan is relevant enough to shill
>>
I suspect they're letting this movie die quietly so they can give the franchise a soft reboot later on. It'll probably return to the prime timeline or something.
>>
Mr. "I hate geek culture" wrote this right?

What Trek needs now that Abrams is gone is to be more weird and sci-fi. Pegg and Lin will make this normie as fuck.
>>
>>69172127
That's what Abrams gets for bailing on Trek for Fuckwars... I hope Beyond's failure makes him regret that decision
>>
>>69172845
Why would he? He doesn't give a shit about Trek, it was always just a warmup for Star Wars in his mind.
>>
>>69172361
"Geek" culture is reddit culture.

It should be discouraged.
>>
File: 2137172-su.jpg (1 MB, 725x1446) Image search: [Google]
2137172-su.jpg
1 MB, 725x1446
>“When I read the script, my emotional impression was that it felt very much like the best of the original series. It felt like the series felt to me. And the first [film] that we made didn’t entirely feel like that to me.”

Honestly the more I hear about this the more interested I am. The teaser was complete trash but the writer and director agree. A lot of it feels very TOS, that line about "The frontier pushes back" sounds like a TOS premise to me.

Then again, motorcycles...
>>
>>69171367
This. I think CBS has broadcast rights and paramount owns the movies.
>>
>>69169045
Why is Pegg all over the promo shit? Are they trying for the 'geek' market or is it his ego? Coz who cares about Scotty, really.
>>
File: scotty tos.jpg (341 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
scotty tos.jpg
341 KB, 1024x768
>>69173316

Outside of the (original) Big 3, Scotty is the most prominent member of the crew. Iconic way of talking (Canadian doing a Scottish accent like it's a western set in 1880) and second officer, Scotty is the prototype for the "expanded" ensemble casts of the other series; diverse, larger than life, easy to identify and quirky.
>>
>>69168941
Screencapped. Now you better fucking deliver.
>>
>>69168950
He told them what he was going to do with Star Wars.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.