[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here write screenplays? I just started a new one today,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Screenplay-header.jpg (35 KB, 900x451) Image search: [Google]
Screenplay-header.jpg
35 KB, 900x451
Anyone here write screenplays? I just started a new one today, got 11 pages in. It's based on an old idea I had, but I wanted to get the primary conflict across in the first ten pages, which I hadn't before.

Post your progress, see how others are coming along in their projects. Post your work and get critique.

I also have a link to the 2014(?) Black List, which is a great collection of both great and bad screenplays. I'll post the link if the thread kicks into life.
>>
No, but I tell myself I could do a better job than those hacks that write for Hollywood.
>>
>>69159469
I have a few short ones (10-15) pages but they're at home so can't upload any.

I'm still getting used to the formatting and whatnot but it's very fun.
>>
>>69159512
I believe you can do it anon, you should give it a go.

>>69159522
What do you use to write? Celtx, or just a word doc template?
>>
I've posted here before about the kaiju film I'm writing if anyone remembers.

Right now I'm focused on finishing two stage plays I've been working on. I may have an in at a regional theater known for producing new plays, so I have to finish these fast-ish in order to take advantage. Writing plays is for some reason much easier for me than films. This next month or so is gonna be hell though, I am starting basically from scratch on one and finishing up the 4th draft of another that I haven't touched in a while but I know it needs heavy revisions and reworkings.
>>
I've written about 8 full screenplays, all shit. I'm writing something now that takes place entirely in a car, it's shit. I suck at writing dialogue.
>>
>>69159469
All my screenplays end up being either half-finished or so barebones that it only takes up 3 pages.

Planning on doing a short 80's-inspired short (not Kung Fury style, something a little more tasteful). I need to overdose on Grindhouse 80's movies to get a better feel for the writing style.

It's weird because I also want to toss a little early 2000's Matrix gunplay in there as well.
>>
>>69160074
I don't, what's it about? And screen plays are cool, only written a few, too worried about limitations.

>>69160142
I feel that, I've written a ton, but hate all of them. I'm feeling pretty positive about my new shorts at least.
>>
>>69160234
It's about a world where giant monsters are commonplace (like, some regions are totally uninhabitable because of them and most larger population areas are protected by gigantic walls and/or underground. All of Japan has been quarantined and at one point the characters have to go into Tokyo which is a dead city full of hordes of kaiju of different sizes). To fight the monsters, there is an army of mechs and super weapons. Pilots are trained from birth. There are two protagonists, a monster and a human. The human is the best and most famous pilot. He knows nothing but piloting and fighting monsters.

The monster protag is like kind of a King Ghidorah type creature. Essentially a walking god of death and the ultimate enemy to Earth. The thing about Ghidorah though is that he is always controlled by evil aliens, he's a puppet, he never has any free will. So this protag is under the control of aliens. He was created in a lab and raised up to be the ultimate weapon. There are flashbacks that reveal the "dehumanising" (de-monsterizing?) techniques used on him, including forcing him to kill his only monster friend. (There is no monster dialogue btw, which is a challenge because I have to tell his thoughts and emotions totally visually).

These aliens invade the earth with a large scale army and their monster. The humans fight back with the mechs and over the course of the film the human protag heavily wounds the monster so he is out of commission. At the same time, the human is kind of losing faith in the military and realizing that people only like him because of his piloting. He begins to feel like he has no personality and no one knows or wants to know the "real" him. He doesn't even know if there is a real him. He was forced into a life he didn't ask for and only receives praise if he does what others tell him to.

So eventually the humans are able to defeat the alien army, but in the process all the pilots except the protag are killed or wounded. (cont)
>>
>>69161344
The human protag blows up on his superiors and quits, saying he will never pilot again because no one gives a shit about him, etc. He begins walking and leaves the city, going out into the wasteland to wander. At the same time, the monster protag is fully healed and stands up in the center of the city. For the first time in his life, he is free from the alien control and has free will. He looks out over the city and feels hope for his future, even though he doesn't really understand anything about the world around him. He starts thinking of finding other monsters and having friends or a pack or whatever. Then, he notices the human army assembling below him. People are terrified of him. People hate him. They don't know anything about him, but they fear him and want him dead. They expect him to be the bad guy. something happens here that dashes any hope he has for the future but I'm not sure what it will be yet. He decides that if they want a monster he will give them one. He was bred to do evil, and now no matter what he does or how he feels, the universe expects it of him. so he will show them just how evil he can be. He begins utterly destroying the city, effectively the start of a campaign that will drive humanity extinct. The human protagonist walks away without looking back while all this is happening. Even though he is the only one that could help humanity, he refuses to because the world rejected him.

It's essentially a film about being put into roles you never asked to be and the way society views you because of their pre-held notions of what those roles are, I guess.

Let me know if you think it's too Evangelion-y or too Pacific Rim-y. I don't care for PR hardly at all but I think there are some comparisons that could be made and I'm worried my script is too similar
>>
>>69159512
You'll be surprised to hear that 99.5% of scripts are shit. 0.4% have correct grammar and spelling (but still shit), and the last 0.1% are actually good.
>>
Final bump
>>
Anyone know what happened to the Scandinavian guy that was writing a screenplay about an American cop who tries to implement the Scandi prison system in USA?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.