[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HIT TV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: hittv.jpg (160 KB, 935x482) Image search: [Google]
hittv.jpg
160 KB, 935x482
Pretty bad ass short film came out today:

>https://vimeo.com/165450397

Apparently they're trying to get this picked up as a tv show or movie.
>>
Should invest more of his time to his Cube remake and feature length of Controller.
>>
>>69159556
Why not all three?
>>
>>69159573
>why can't he write and direct two feature length films and a possible tv series/third movie concurrently
Because that's how people die early.
>>
Love the soundtrack...

Makeup & Vanity Set is one of my favs.
>>
>>69159422
Hoo, that caught my attention.

Has a very Hotline Miami vibe, mixed with a little of The Warriors (first thing that came to mind).

Would love to see more.
>>
>>69159795
Yeah, I got Running Man too.
>>
It was alright I guess.

It seemed awfully derivative though with an emphasis on style over everything else that comes off as superficial rather than inspired.
>>
>>69159812
I can see that.

What would the structure be, though? If it's being picked up for a movie I could see that Hunter guy trying to survive the night, but a TV show would have to be very non-linear, sort of anthology-like. Follow a different hit each episode, and see how wildly different each killer's style is.
>>
>>69159933
I liked the set up, but yeah the killers and hero seemed kind of bland...

Then again, maybe it's supposed to be kind of basic. Not for a 12 episode TV season though.
>>
>Your breath is sirens.

That's an awesome lyric, I don't know why...
>>
>>69159933
The premise is interesting, but for something so out-there you'd need to amp the weirdness up to 11 for the characters and setting.
>>
>>69159995
Looks like they're gonna make it a movie first to set up the world, and a TV show afterwards.
>>
>>69159995
>>69160059
Fair points.

My post seemed rather harsh re-reading it, but I didn't think this was bad for a first effort, I just wasn't enthralled by it.

I'd like to see what they could do with the world they've imagined given some more time, equipment, money and most of all some professional expertise. I could imagine this, with all the right ingredients, becoming something spectacular, but from the video alone I'm not quite sure they have the stuff to do it.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 550x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 550x533
>>69161031
It's got potential, I think. The short is a good foundation.

Also
>tfw I was planning on doing an 80's inspired crime thriller short over the summer
>tfw people are starting to get sick of the bright flashy neon colors and egregious violence of the neo-80's trend
DAMMIT FUCK EVERY TIME THIS SHIT HAPPENS
>>
DUDE DRIVE HAS INSPIRED A HORRIBLE TREND LMAO
>>
>>69159422
>no bullets in her ak clip at the beginning
come on now
>>
File: 1429682566971.gif (403 KB, 600x956) Image search: [Google]
1429682566971.gif
403 KB, 600x956
I liked the Neo-80s stuff, the concept and the music.

The acting and the dialogue was terrible though.
>>
>>69159422
That was pretty cool, even if it was a pretty blatant hotline miami ripoff
>>
That's sick, he did the Luv Deluxe video for Cinnamon Chasers. I remember watching that years ago.
>>
>>69161374
>it's a /k/ autism post

>>69161318
I mean it's a fucking cool aesthetic, for sure. It's just that some people seem to like it out of a bizarre love for a decade they were never a part of.

I want to change that, I want to make something that uses the aesthetic of it without bashing the LOL LOOK AT LE 80'S references and memes over everyone's heads.
>>
>>69161709
Which was in turn a blatant Drive ripoff.
>>
>>69161792
Which was in turn a Thief ripoff?
>>
>>69161766
so, Turbo Kid?
>>
>>69161895
I think we reached the end of the chain here
>>
>>69161975
well that's no fun
>>
>>69161965
Not exactly.

I was thinking more Hobo With A Shotgun tier, but maybe a little more muted and a little more sci-fi.
>>
>>69162005
oh hey are you that dude from the /fmg/s then
>>
>>69161124
just dont do pink and blue

or orange and blue

so anything but those two and you are solid
>>
>>69162034
Yep, that's me.

I have a couple of fragments of scene ideas written down, but I haven't taken the time to actually compile them into a cohesive story. Been busy this week with getting my license (I was 3 or 4 years late with it) and getting my braces off.

Excited to start working on it though. Already talked to some friends who are down for it.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1334x750
>>69162074
So nothing like this?

If so, FUCK that was one of the things I was most excited about doing
>>
>>69162127
Neat. Hope it works out for you bro. Be sure to post it here when it's done, yeah?
>>
>>69162174
that actually looks p nice but o+b is more of a action blockbuster theme, like madman max
>>
>>69162196
Absolutely.

Hopefully I'll be able to make this look more professional than my other shit. I'm a newfag to filmmaking, so I'm constantly looking for new shit to help me out.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 500x500
>>69162230
Like, I'm aware of the Orange/Blue meme (oh so aware) but it works for a reason, and I want to try and use that to my advantage.

Contrast seems to be the big thing that divides good posters from ones like these, and so I think that's how it should work in film. Have a scene lit primarily in orange but have a neon blue sign outlining your character? That could look neat.

As long as I don't over-do it it could be okay.
>>
>>69161458
>spend all that time making a cool pic/gif
>can't find a better gun that a nerf gun
>literally a nerf gun
>a nerf gun
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 490x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 490x293
>>69162397
I CAN'T FUCKING UN-SEE IT NOW

I own that gun and it's quite frankly kinda shitty
>>
>>69162372
use pink/purple and yellow

it's still opposite colors and is different

plus it really helps sell the 80s thing
>>
>>69162466
Alright, I can work with Purple/Yellow
>>
>>69162436
I also owned that gun at one point
>>
>>69159422
4 years too late
>>
>>69162921
this.

would've been groundbreaking at one point but now it's just trendy

and honestly I don't think it was very well executed. Did the chinaman really not expect anyone else? What a weird time for rape
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.