[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Seth macfarland to create a sci fi comedy drama set 300 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 214x317
>Seth macfarland to create a sci fi comedy drama set 300 years into the future

Is there anything this man can't do?
>>
Red Dwarf was set 3 million years into the future, so it's already better.
>>
>>69146028
ehh I'll give it a go.

I've wondered if he would ever do an old fashioned hollywood style musical, he clearly has a love for them.
>>
>>69146028
>drama
OH NO! How will the brave, intelligent atheists survive against the oppressive Catholic regime of the future!
>>
>>69146028
be funny
>>
>copy the simpsons
>copy futurama

what a fucking genius
>>
Wait, he's making Futurama?

Also Futurama thread
>>
>>69146028
so a american red dwarf?
>>
I hate his smug faggot face
>>
>>69146028
>Is there anything this man can't do?
make "The Cleveland Show" work
>>
not have one of the most punchable faces in the history of humanity.
>>
>>69146028
rip off mike judge and make it funny.
>>
>>69146028
Write something good.
>>
>>69146077
>Thursday 5th Geldof
>Not knowing that Red Dwarf was originally set in 2180
>>
File: x.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>69146028
I wish he made his flights on time
>>
>>69146028

You know, I used to not mind this liberal fuckbag. Hell, I've laughed at American Dad and Family Guy many times.

But what he did to Carl Sagan's Cosmos with Negro Science dude is fucking UNFORGIVABLE.

He turned that shit into an anti-religion rant. It was disgusting. Carl Sagan never did that on his.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 432x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 432x294
>>69146028
Snatch Punani
>>
Make something original

>inb4 The Cleveland show

Copying yourself is still copying
>>
>>69146028
Just keep him as voice actor and maybe producer, but never as creative mind.
>>
why is he so incredibly confident all the time ?
>>
>>69151308
he has hundreds of millions of dollars, looks pretty good, had talent and is a success story

I don't care for anything he does anymore but he has everything a person could ever want really
>>
>>69146028
>Futuristic sci fi movie, set hundreds of years from now
>The majority of the cast are White
>>
>>69146028
Entertain me.
>>
>futuristic fat dumb husband
>futuristic sexy smart wife
>futuristic practically retarded fat son
>futuristic ugly unpopular daughter
>futuristic baby who can talk
>futuristic pet of some sorts who can also talk

Revolutionary.
>>
>>69150882
Oh fuck off. If he'd have died in 2001 you'd be right here talking about what an underrated genius he was, and how he was taken away from us too soon. You forget the whole reason they brought FG back in the first place was because of how popular it got on dvd and in syndication- if he'd have died then he would have gone out on top. He wouldn't have had a chance to grow stale. Contrarian assholes like you would revere him as your god, and pictures of Peter Griffin would line your bedroom like wall paper. Basically it'd be his name you whisper through clenched teeth when you finger your butthole at night.
>>
File: georgeispower.jpg (73 KB, 780x453) Image search: [Google]
georgeispower.jpg
73 KB, 780x453
>comedy 300 years from now

I don't think we can comprehend how dank those memes will be
>>
>>69147352
You mean

>copied Flinstones
>now copying Jetsons

FG was always more inspired by the Flintsones than the Simpsons.
>>
>nonstop jetsons jokes

boy i can't wait
>>
>>69151740
This
>>
well he did the comedy western...which was well.....you decide
>>
>>69151740
that's still better than the current reality though.
>>
>as a kid Seth was a published comic strip artist for local paper
>gets into one of the best animation schools
>writes some of the best episodes of Cartoon Network shows
>creates family guy

(Family guy gets cancelled)

ALL TERRIBLE AFTER THAT. What happened ? Did he run out of jokes? Did he just stop caring?
>>
>>69150842
The 7 trillion year figure was first changed to 7 billion years and then to 3 million and the characters of Arnold Rimmer and the Cat were created. The name Dave Hollins was changed to Dave Lister when a football player called Dave Hollins became well-known, and Hab was replaced by Holly. One of the voice actors from Son of Cliché, Chris Barrie went on to portray Arnold Rimmer in the Red Dwarf TV series.
>>
as long as he keeps BTFO christians/republicans I'll be good
>>
>>69146028
he's funny, I don't know why he relies on being crass. it's such a crutch.

i recognize that he's funny, but i dont like any of his works because the humor is so low brow. i think he's capable of better.
>>
>>69146028
comedy

/thread
>>
>>69146028
i bet there will be better sci-fi in there than in the new star trek; just more awesome stuff like advanced biotech, synthetic biology, AI, nanotech, ring world/dyson spheres. etc. at the very least, and star trek will just muddle in the ideas they put forward in the 90s at best.
>>
File: 1450735957614.png (6 KB, 356x480) Image search: [Google]
1450735957614.png
6 KB, 356x480
>>69146028
>>
>>69151740
hey seth
>>
>>69151804
dat ground slam
>>
>>69146028
First he rips off The Simpsons now Futurama
>>
>>69146028
>Is there anything this man can't do?

A good movie.
>>
>>69151740
it's time to stop posting seth
>>
>>69146028
Act
>>
>>69152295
He wasn't involved in the writing process.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.