[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: The_Thin_Red_Line_Poster.jpg (93 KB, 299x400) Image search: [Google]
The_Thin_Red_Line_Poster.jpg
93 KB, 299x400
This any good?
>>
>>69144066
It's not bad but Apocalypse Now is a better Vietnam movie
>>
straight up legit kino
>>
Nah, it's shit.
>>
It's pretty artsy and can drag, but it's got some beautiful imagery and some pretty cool action scenes.

Don't go into it expecting Saving Private Ryan. It's about a dreamy poet pacifist's experiences and meditations during a WW2 battle on a pacific island. It's all about how war is hell and the world is beautiful so why are we blowing it all up, etc etc.

Worth a watch I'd say, but it's long and slow. So bring your patience.
>>
>>69144098
>Thin Red Line
>Vietnam movie

It's one of those movies that everyone and their mother was in. The only good parts were seeing who was in it and when those six dudes took that hill from the Japs. Other than that it was high school angsty poetry tier.
>>
Yep, its up there with the best war movies. And its Zimmers best score to date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2wL9AawlDA
>>
>>69144066
Its better than SPR
>>
Greatest Vietnam war movie ever made.
>>
>>69144176
>It's all about how war is hell and the world is beautiful so why are we blowing it all up
t. pleb who couldn't understand
>>
Everything after them charging the Ottoman line was pretty boring.
>>
i love the way it looks and moves and feels and the sincerity of it, but the voiceovers are so cheesy that it hurts and i keep having the rationalise them to myself like 'it's ok, it's a good thing because he's being so direct and simple and sincere, there's no artifice, it's just a naive 'spiritual' guy trying to communicate in as straightforward a way as he can' but honestly it's still cheesy fucking shit
>>
> Who are these people?
> Why are we fighting them?
>>
>>69144066
Poor character development, because it switches between a million different characters we don't get that attached to other than CPT Starros.

Other than that excellent film with imagery and and overall great message.
>>
It's great seeing how the hour or so long battle sequence leads into an hour of the characters all being damaged by what they did and saw and reflecting on it. The chemistry between Penn and Caviezel is perfect.
>>
>>69147924
The captain guy's were good
The hippy douche's were god awful
>>
Best war movie. Your call OP.
>>
easily Malicks worst imo.

very heavily edited and it shows.
>>
>>69148446
Days of Heaven was pretty bad
>>
>>69144066
grass/10
>>
actual kino. its the anti-saving private ryan
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.