[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patterson–Gimlin film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
What's the verdict /tv/?
>>
>>69140944
pretty well made fake
>>
>>69140944

if dat big mutha fucka is kicking around the forest for reals, that shit is the best video of him

>nigga swole as fuck
>>
File: 1455055054391s.jpg (921 B, 125x25) Image search: [Google]
1455055054391s.jpg
921 B, 125x25
>>69140944
>>
>>69140944
cryptozoologikino
>>
It looks kind of goofy and the guy who shot it was a bit of a nutjob but I believe it's real. It's been heavily scrutinized and tested over the years and it still holds up. That's pretty incredible for a film shot in the 60s/70s or whatever.
>>
>>69140944
Top tier kínémæ
>>
>>69140944
man in a gorilla suit
>>
>>69140944

An excellent fake.
Is this the original handi-cam horror?
>>
>>69140944
The dude who filmed it was in the woods in the first place to shoot a movie about bigfoot. They even brought a Bigfoot costume with them that day, which, when journalists asked if they could see the Bigfoot suit, they claimed that they burned it for no reason.
So yeah it's fake.
>>
>>69141517
>I believe it's real

Come on, man.
>>
File: Boston Bombing.jpg (146 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Boston Bombing.jpg
146 KB, 600x800
>>69140944
Probably a muslim.
>>
It's Robin Williams
>>
>>69140944
Logic dictates it's fake, however it is a GOAT costume.

>fitting muscles to a giant monkey suit
>putting tits on a giant monkey suit

We've never seen anything like it since
>>
>>69141699

Also the way it walks is how an ape that size would most likely walk. It's footprints were also the footprints of a flat foot. It's easy to tell if a footprint is fake because there are many muscles and bones in the foot, when you use a flat fake foot to make a footprint it never looks like an actual footprint
>>
>>69141601
>less then a minute of monster screen time
>abrupt end
>nothing gets explained

sounds about right
>>
>>69140944
he's a bigfoot
>>
>>69141699
>Logic dictates it's fake

So basically you're saying it's fake because bigfoot can't possibly be real. Despite the fact that some retard nobodies back in the 70's could apparently create a costume that still baffles people decades later?
>>
>>69141777
Like I said, GOAT fake but still logically a fake. There's no way giant apes are wandering around in American countryside and not a single one has been caught or shot yet. You guys shoot everything.
>>
>>69141830
Well, yeah, some guys creating a genius costume is logically more likely to happen than giant apes wandering around in America for hundreds of years with not one being caught or shot. Both are unlikely, one is a lot more unlikely. A LOT more unlikely.
>>
>>69141879
If they were self aware and intelligent enough to bury or hide their dead a small population could easily hide in some of the more remote areas
>>
>>69141879
I think the prevailing theory now, according to leading cryptozoologists is that bigfeets are multi-dimensional. Hence the lack of physical remains.
>>
>>69141830

You're focused too much on the suit and not the general lack of bigfoot evidence/ proof.

It baffles people who are making shows about Bigfoot (not the sharpest tools with confirmation bias). Of course they could make suits in the 60s-70s.
>>
>>69141879

I don't think you realize how huge the pacific northwest is. Much of it is remote and isolated. Lief Erikson actually wrote about seeing Bigfoots in America and the Indians here just think of them as another animal. As real as a bear or whatever. There are probably tons of undiscovered species out there
>>
>>69141956
really?
So they have this one remotely plausible animal and decide to shit that one up?
>>
>guys were already making a film about Bigfoot
>they found it on their first attempt
WOW THEY WERE SO LUCKY
>>
>>69141919
Hide the dead. Hide the poop. Hide the food. Hide the offspring. It also takes dozens of animals to propagate a species. Unless we're talking about immortal apes.
>>
>>69142024
>Lief Erikson actually wrote about seeing Bigfoots in America
Norsemen also wrote about Loki fucking horses and having his testicles yanked by a goat, what's your point?
>>
>>69142052
>Unless we're talking about immortal apes.

Well if it's a real animal it would probably live for a very long time. It would also probably have a pretty high IQ at least as intelligent as the other apes. Perhaps even higher
>>
>>69142024
I don't think you realize how much humanity has encroached on nature. Mountain lion and bear attacks are on the rise as we move into their territory and provide shelter and free food for them.
If Bigfoot was real we'd have a shot a couple trying to get in the trash
>>
>>69142096
Mulder pls
>>
File: frame72.jpg (28 KB, 400x270) Image search: [Google]
frame72.jpg
28 KB, 400x270
Here's the deal: I don't know what to think about it anymore. I strongly believe in Sasquatch, and I truly believe that they live out there, and I know a TON about the stories, lore, legends, sighting, and information about Bigfoot. However, this video has me going nuts.

The story is that this guy was looking to make big bank on movies, but only would have had the money for the big-shot, the monster footage itself. He was out there to get a video of the monster, and that's exactly what he came back with, the best video footage of a Sasquatch ever recorded. The story lines it up, point-for-point, to be a %100 fake. But the footage is good.

Too good.

This guy had no concept nor has ever studied anatomy or real apes or anything of that nature. There were no suits of this integrity made back then, nor do I believe he would have had the expertise to make something that perfectly aligned with muscular anatomy, walking motions and overall anatomical preciseness. Who, back then, would have ever have thought to add perfectly realistic ape breasts to a suit? The face moves throughout the footage, as do the muscles, fur and skin of the "animal". It's even complete with a sagittarial crest on the head, akin to great apes that we know of, but not goofy and exaggerated like you'd see on a costume or cartoon.

I don't know what to think. The circumstances would make me believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was a fake if the footage wasn't so damn realistic that it still baffles professionals today.
>>
>>69142149
>>69142216

I WANT TO BELIEVE
>>
>>69141879
You say this but the okapi, panda or a type of gorilla were thought as myths until like the 1900s.

I BELIEVE IN STEALTH APE
>>
>>69140944
Godzilla vs Kong viral marketing
>>
>>69142216
>it still baffles professionals to this day

Even amateurs can debunk this film fairly easily.

It's not that well made.
>>
>>69142268
There's a big difference between the 1900s and 2016, pal. A huge difference.
>>
>>69142052
That is a lot to hide when you say it that way. Since this is all speculative at this point. If they were there theyd have to have a life span that is about as long or longer than humans and nearly as or more intelligent... This really would have to be some special ape to do that
>>
>>69142341
Explain
>>
>>69142352

They could live in some kind of hidden cave network for all we know
>>
>>69142336
Kek
>>69142341
Debunk it then you amateur faggot
>>
>>69142351
Surely not in terms of biology and evolution?
>>
>>69142268
Pandas were known since ancient times, idiot
>>
>>69140944

Pure cryptokino
>>
>>69141064
>him
>>
If Sasquatches were real, they would not react this way. They wouldnt be so casual about being spotted by a human
>>
>>69142268

Finding a sub-species of an animal is different to discovering a new species.
>>
>>69142377
See I thought they might have a network of tree highways but that makes sense too
>>
>>69142447
Kek how did I never think about this. I guess that's fucking weird indeed
>>
>>69142402
What? No, I'm talking about how in the age we live in, with the sheer number of people hiking in the wilderness, the quality of cameras and the availability of cameras in the form of smartphones, for an animal to go undetected in the developed world is unlikely to the point of impossible. I want to believe, but we'd have more than grainy footage and we'd have a corpse or bones by now if they were real.
>>
File: Pepe_Bigfoot.jpg (121 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_Bigfoot.jpg
121 KB, 900x900
>>
>>69142402
your post doesnt make sense. how is that related?
>>
>>69141064
its his wife his wife been hitting da forest gym
>>
>>69142481

They might have hidden entrances to trees, similar to dwarf doors in Lotr.
>>
>>69142447

Lol how would you know? Also keep in mind the guy shooting the video was riding a horse so he would have seemed bigger than the sasquatch.
>>
>>69141651
>The dude who filmed it was in the mountains in the first place to shoot a movie about snow leopards.
>filmed a snow leopard

WHAT A COINCIDENCE

Guess snow leopards are fake.
>>
>>69142498
yeah
since there is noe evidence yet, they have to be some kind of extremely shy forrest ninjas
>>
>>69142447
This. Look at how great apes react to humans in real humans. Hell, ANY wild animals is not going to just keep casually strolling with a human there. It moves and walks like a man in a suit, not an animal.

If Sasquatches really acted like this we would have known about them for centuries. They'd also all be dead for being so stupid.
>>
You guys are forgetting about the massive academic and government cover-up.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CfC6XuF-FM
>>
>>69142578
Is Bigfoot a Jew?
>>
It's clearly fake, looks like fucking Bollo out there in the woods
>>
>>69142355
If you apply frame correction and a simple filter, you can see the fucking overlap where the top half of the costume goes over the bottom half.
>>
>>69142503

There are plenty of reports of people coming into contact with Bigfeet. But once a person is in that deep, spooky wilderness, the bigfoot is gonna see you before you see it. Can you imagine how pants-shittingly terrifying it would be to hear scary ass bigfoot noises coming from the woods around you? You're not going to be thinking about filming it. You're gonna try to get the fuck out of there. Apparently they throw huge rocks too
>>
>>69141918

They're not just apes, they're hominids. They're intelligent and there's easily enough wilderness in North America for them to hide in.
>>
>>69142549
>so he would have seemed bigger than the sasquatch
well, that makes it even weirder for the bigfoot to react like he doesnt give a fuck. So I dont know what you are trying to say with this.

>Lol how would you know?
Because there is no evidence for them. They are huge apes in a first world county. If they exist, they are extremely cautious, rare and purposfully avoid humans
>>
File: 1445900690612.jpg (22 KB, 220x339) Image search: [Google]
1445900690612.jpg
22 KB, 220x339
What's the best bigfoot documentary of all time and why is it Boggy Creek 2?
>>
>>69142052
>Hide the dead. Hide the poop. Hide the food. Hide the offspring.

All fucking easily done. They're not living right next to people's back yards you dumb fuck.
>>
I always found the audio recordings to be more compelling that the videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2XMTuNkyo4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FMojmDSwMA
>>
>>69142757
>All fucking easily done.
But why would a wild animal do that?
>>
>>69142672
This. No sane person would reach for their phone, open the camera app and let it focus before running shit scared.
>>
>>69142834
To not leave traces. A lot of animals do this by instinct
>>
>>69142895

Exactly. It's easy to sit there in a chair and say "oh why didn't they film it". Until you're in that situation you just don't understand. Fight or flight is a powerful thing. Also portable cameras are still pretty new in the grand scheme of human existance.
>>
>>69142954
>A lot of animals do this by instinct
Name one primate that does this
>>
>>69142975
>a lot of animals
>name one PRIMATE
what?
>>
>>69142834

Because it's as much a "wild animal" as Neanderthals were.
>>
>>69143037
>Bigfoot must behave like a cat
>>
>>69142820

Why?

Random noises that can't be verified at source. What is compelling about that?
>>
>>69140944
That this thread belongs in /x/
>>
>>69143065
what are you on about? I dont even believe in bigfoot. Just said it isnt a weird behavior to hide stuff
>>
>>69142963

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P3a9zgzEgk
>>
>>69143146
It is weird behavior for a primate
>>
>>69142457
Dont be that guy, man

>new subspecies discovered
>"well its not a new species entirely."
>new species discovered
>"theyre not even big."

Its still a step bro.
>>
>>69143038
>Because it's as much a "wild animal" as Neanderthals were.
Have you found any Bigfoot tools?
>>
>>69142142

to be fair, there are hundreds of completely uncontacted human tribes. there honestly may be more recorded bigfoot sightings, and we only just got aerial footage of the human tribes like a few years ago.

look it up senpai, its pretty cool.
>>
>>69142834
they are not fully animal it is assumed
>>
>>69143210

One, why would they just drop them where we can find them. Two, we haven't found any Denisovan tools yet, but they were humans, and a good candidate for bigfoot's identity.
>>
>>69143161

Lol are you seriously comparing a bear to a bigfoot? People know what bears are. Most people who go into the woods know how to handle themselves when a bear comes near them.
>>
>>69143161
>camera to the floor
>blurry bear
>film stops as bear gains

Yeah this couldn't be faked.
>>
>>69143169
Almost every primate is "weird", if you compare it to the other primates.
If Bigfoot exists he most certainly has to be really secretive
>>
>>69143161
this is some blair witch shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PWHNIbS8cE
>>
>>69143260
>One, why would they just drop them where we can find them.
You mean Neanderthals dropped them because they knew thousands of years later their more intelligent cousins would find them?

>Two, we haven't found any Denisovan tools yet,
But we have
>>
>>69143202

Using the gorilla argument is bullshit though. >weren't discovered until the 19th century.

Mountain gorillas weren't - lowland gorillas were discovered in the 16th century.

Nothing related to bigfoot has been discovered... ever.

>muh gigantopithicus

A species theorised from a mandible that has never been discovered in the North America.
>>
>>69143383
>But we have

Source?
>>
>>69141306
>saved a jpg thumbnail of a gif
That's two levels of stupid
>>
>>69143383
>You mean Neanderthals dropped them because they knew thousands of years later their more intelligent cousins would find them?

Theoretically there might be nothing to distinguish Sasquatch tools from any other stone age tools.
>>
>>69143441
http://archaeology.about.com/od/hominidancestors/qt/Denisovans.htm
>>
>>69143424
I was only using the argument to point out how it isn't unheard of to find a tangible species to cryptozoology.
>>
>>69143479
So if they have tools, that implies that they are predators
So why do they like hiding so much?
>>
>>69143479

I don't think they're like cavemen or anything. Just a different kind of ape. I think they learned to be so secretive and hidden because all the ones who fucked with humans got killed. Surely they're smart enough to realize they should stay far away from us. Add that with the fact they probably have a great sense of smell, eye sight, and hearing coupled with their remote, dense, habitat and it doesn't seem that outlandish to me.
>>
>>69143538
>So if they have tools, that implies that they are predators
no
>So why do they like hiding so much?
If they are predators, they like hiding, because almost all predators like hiding
>>
>>69142895

The world is full of insane people who gladly court death for a cool video they can put on Youtube.
>>
File: fuck.png (498 KB, 528x516) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
498 KB, 528x516
>>69143611
>because almost all predators like hiding
>>
>>69143538

They got genocided by modern humans thousands of years ago? I don't have all the answers man. Mysteries still exist is mainstream science, the point is to solve them, why is cryptozoology expected to have all the answers right off the bat to be credible?
>>
>>69143538

I don't think it would be possible for them to be meat-eating predators. I think they feed on vegetation and whatnot. And the temperate, rainy, pacific northwest would be the perfect habitat for that.
>>
>>69143662
they do. even the most badass ones mostly do sneak attacks
>>
>>69143662
>tigers are easy to see coming
>>
>>69143620

Yes but the fear of the unknown is the most palpable fear there is. And raw terror overpowers any desire of gain
>>
File: I have no idea what I'm doing.jpg (43 KB, 281x281) Image search: [Google]
I have no idea what I'm doing.jpg
43 KB, 281x281
>>69143711
>>69143721
>predators spend every second of their lives hunting
>>
File: big foot patterson.jpg (136 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
big foot patterson.jpg
136 KB, 600x463
Most likely fake, Patterson was obsessed with bigfoot and based the footage on someone else's story (see pic). He wasn't a genius, he didn't come up with the tits or the ape-like appearance or anything.

I think Patterson really did believe in bigfoot but was more concerned with convincing people it was real than finding real evidence.
>>
>>69143662
>have no argument against it
>better vaguely imply that hes wrong and be done with it
>>
>>69143742
nobody said or implied that. fuck off memer
>>
File: fuck.jpg (469 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
469 KB, 2448x3264
>>69143781
>almost all predators like hiding
>>
>>69143810
>it is the duty of every predator to hide the evidence of their existence including their dead, poop and tools in case humans find out
>>
>>69143817
they do. read a book
>>
>>69142559
You misunderstood.
I'm not saying he went out to shoot a documentary.
He went out to make a fictional film about cowboys who run into Bigfoot. They had brought a Bigfoot costume and everything.
A week later they burned the Bigfoot costume when journalists asked to see it.
>>
>>69143817

My cat likes to crawl under blankets and do sneak attacks when he's feeling frisky. Other than that his fat ass just lays around in plain sight tho
>>
>>69142613
Not but Bignose is
>>
>>69142672
Okokok... So they're pissed off forrest people who throw giant rocks at you, but the one time somebody actually manages to film one, he just strolls on by, not giving a single flying fuck?
>>
File: snarkysquirrel.jpg (9 KB, 640x597) Image search: [Google]
snarkysquirrel.jpg
9 KB, 640x597
>>69140944
Most interesting thread on /tv/ for weeks. Almost as good as the Jungle Book Tiger vs Bear threads.
>>
>>69143864
You worded that pretty retarded, but yes. Cats dont bury their turds, because they are gentlemen
>>
>>69143868
Look at this predator hiding
>>
Anyone that believes in bigfoot is retarded. "HURRR THEYRE REALLY GOOD AT HIDING DUDE!" They can be as good at hiding as you want dickfuck they have to die. We would be finding bigfoot bodies all over the place if they were real
>>
>>69143953
But they hide their dead bodies too, because they are predators and predators love to hide
>>
>live in the Pacific Northwest
>everyone memes about Bigfoot
>to the point where they make burl sculptures of him
>even those rednecks are not actually retarded enough to believe it.
>>
>>69143905

What's it gonna do run after him, grab his camera and smash it? The guy got extremely lucky and kept his distance
>>
>>69143945
I totally look at his camouflage fur, yes. Nobody said they hide all the time or are invisible
>>
>>69143233
Uncontacted by western civilizations*
We know they're there, based on what we've heard from more known tribes and from earlier sightings where contact was not established.
>>
Les Stroud believes in bigfoot. He's heard some strange shit innawoods.
>>
>>69143953

They live deep in the woods. Animal predation would probably take care of the dead bodies
>>
>implying big feet are not just a nomadic tribe of foot fetishists
>>
>>69144016
>Nobody said they hide all the time or are invisible
Then why don't we have more Bigfoot footage?
>>
anyone here into the missing 411 books?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmXllWMszM
>>
>>69144041
> the people who have thought for countless Generations the animals could talk and we're behind every creation story saw Bigfoot, let's trust them on this.
>>
>>69144090
we have none. You are arguing against points I'm not making.
>>
>>69144090
because they are not real
>>
>>69143998
>What's it gonna do run after him, grab his camera and smash it?
How about throw a giant fucking rock at him? So supposedely these things are extremely shy and purpossefully hide frome humans, see you long before you see them when out in the wilderness, yet somehow this specimen just strolls on by a bunch of humans without even reacting, and you just blow it off as lucky?
>>
>>69144107
I don't think this reply was meant for me.
>>
File: Bigfoot.gif (4 MB, 1070x216) Image search: [Google]
Bigfoot.gif
4 MB, 1070x216
>>69141306
Let me help you with that.
>>
>>69143983
Yes, every single sasquatch gets a ceremonial burial because they're that advanced as a society. This also live in family groups, but the reason they're only ever sighted by themselves is... Man... I can't even pretend to believe this shit. I mean, come on.
>>
>>69144375
I dont get why some people are saying, that he must had some serious knowledge about apes and anatomy
>>
>>69144375
So what is this supposed to show, for or against it being fake?
>>
File: 1397846071512.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1397846071512.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>Apes in a temperate climate
>All New World monkeys are pretty small
>Areas where bigfoot sightings happen the most also happen to be where Black Bears are the most populated
>Any great apes that size would need a fucking horde to maintain their population, but 'sightings' are so rare
>>
>>69144463
not him and not a bigfoot believer, but it isnt really weird for a dead body to "disappear" in the woods
>>
>>69144047
>Animal predation would probably take care of the dead bodies
So how come we haven't found a single bone?

How come all the hair samples turn out to be different animals when actually analysed?

How come they would need to maintain a huge breeding population and would have a highly visible impact on local ecosystems due to being enormous apes?
>>
>>69144554
yes
it is just stabilized
>>
>>69144554
Pretty sure it's for it being fake. Pretty clear that its a dude with a bunch pubes glued to him.
>>
>>69144554
Neither, it's just the footage stabilized.

I think people trying to analyse the anatomy are idiots though, you can't make out any detail.
>>
>>69144638
Maybe these things live extraordinarily long lives. It would explain the lack of huge population and desire to remain unknown
>>
>>69144605
Exactly. In evolutionary and ecology terms, it's highly unlikely to exist. All the believers (that word says a lot) should realize you can't scientifically describe a dubious hypothetical species based on a few seconds of footage which may have been faked.

>>69144747
But now you're making guesses to justify bigfoot's existence. At best, it's unknown since there's no conclusive evidence and the existence of an upright ape in western North America is unlikely.
>>
>>69144747

How come no remains have ever been found?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC2gK8tZHzw

Here is a sane man discussing his thoughts on bigfoot
>>
>>69143748

I admit this is the biggest problem for the authenticity, but where did he get the god tier costume?
>>
>>69143905

It's a she, and one theory is she was deliberately trying to lead them away from babies hidden nearby.
>>
>>69143953

Animals without natural predators choose where they die, and bigfoot is almost certainly smarter than an animal. There could be caves full of bigfoot remains out there deep in the wilderness.
>>
>>69145191
>god tier costume
I keep hearing that. Why is it supposed to be so good?
>>
>>69144463
>This also live in family groups, but the reason they're only ever sighted by themselves is

...that the young males seeking to start new family groups are the ones that most commonly come anywhere near humans because they are traveling from one isolated area to another.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 251x248) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 251x248
>>69140944
>>
>>69145346
>Animals without natural predators choose where they die
No, they just die of whatever disease or injury gets them. Elephant graveyards and the like are a myth.

>bigfoot is almost certainly smarter than an animal
Leaving aside that you're saying they' aren't animals, why do they need to be so intelligent? Can you conclude that from a 10 second clip of one walking away?

>>69145420
It appears to be heavily modified to not resemble a gorilla suit, so it shows a fair bit of effort on the part of the hoaxers. That said, they just copied some old sketches >>69143748
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5CS5BVAYrk

his real
>>
>>69144638
>>69144605

The theory that Sasquatch is an indigenous North American great ape is completely outdated.

It's more likely that if it exists it's a species of human.
>>
>>69145248
And this theory is based on what? That she's a female?
>>
>>69145572
>Here's the top 10
>Number 6

wut
>>
>>69142660
lmao the fuck is "frame correction"
>>
>>69140944
Good use of practical effects.
>>
>>69142091
Those are two things I could see a Viking doing. What's your point?
>>
I'm pretty sure some time ago I saw the same guy that make this claiming it was false and how he did it. Are there guys here seriously believing this shit is real?
>>
>>69142268
All of which were unknown to westerners until westerners went to that area and looked for them. And found them.
Meanwhile Europeans have settled the northwest for 200 years and no one has ever found physical evidence of a bigfoot. It's not equivalent at all
>>
>>69145617
>It's more likely that if it exists it's a species of human.
Right, a human that there is no fossil evidence for whatsoever. And this mystery species which doesn't resemble humans since it's covered in fur and 7-8 feet tall migrated from somewhere and left no trace whatsoever.
>>
File: gigantopithecus.jpg (64 KB, 400x588) Image search: [Google]
gigantopithecus.jpg
64 KB, 400x588
>>69140944
>What's the verdict /tv/?

Bigfoot has to be fake, as there is no way a breeding population of 8’ tall 500lb hominids could exist in N.America without anyone ever finding any solid evidence of their existence.
>>
>>69145856
this
Didnt they debunk their own video?
>>
>>69145957
>Europeans have settled the northwest for 200 years
Not as extensively as you may think. There are still large areas with no human settlement.
>>
File: feels.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
>>69140944
how many times did you watch this movie as a kid? i cried like a bitch every time.
>>
>>69146053
I'm almost sure they did, but I don't want to break the fantasy and autism this thread has created desu.
>>
If it existed it is extinct now ;_;
>>
>>69145572
#6 is some scary stuff, I dunno how you fake that. And why would people who take handicap kids out on hikes fake something like that.
>>
>>69146053
>>69146160
pretty sure you mean the footprint guy
>>
>>69146109
But humans have passed through them for centuries, some actively looking for Bigfoot and not finding evidence.
>>
>apes not native to north america
>oh but we have mythical ape-men running around in forests
>>
>>69146141
I have that film on dvd.

Anyone remember the tv show?
>>
>>69146306
Ah no. I meant the guy that filmed that shit. It was for a bigger movie or some shit like that but he made clear it was fake.
>>
>>69146397
any link about that? never heard of that
>>
>>69142503
There are undiscovered human tribes in the Amazon. If you live in a dense dangerous forest and you don't want to be found. It's possible not to be.
>>
>>69146397
you totally mean the footprint guy
>>
>>69146543
>There are undiscovered human tribes in the Amazon
well, how would you know?
>>
>>69146586
rekt
>>
File: Frisky.png (773 KB, 877x685) Image search: [Google]
Frisky.png
773 KB, 877x685
>>69146141
>Watched Sasquatch Mountain on Sci-Fi as a kid
>Still scared of samsquamch to this day
>>
>>69144061
>Tarantino is one of them that got exiled back into society
>>
>>69142091
Well technically he didn't fuck the horse he got fucked by the horse. Important distinction.
>>
>>69143364
This crazy SOB needs to be the one looking for Bigfoot. Plus I want him screaming at the bear as my ringtone.
>>
File: 1366243350682.jpg (20 KB, 466x359) Image search: [Google]
1366243350682.jpg
20 KB, 466x359
>>69143364
god americans are so fucking dumb holy shit
>>
>>69140944
Fake and gay
>>
>>69146790
>hurr durr, puny god
>>
>>69142692
>well, that makes it even weirder for the bigfoot to react like he doesnt give a fuck. So I dont know what you are trying to say with this.
Maybe he thought it was a moose. A Bigfoot probably wouldn't give a shit about a moose.
>>
>>69143364
>GET OUT OF HERE TEDDIE REEEEEEEE
>>
File: bigfoot-breaks-necks.jpg (111 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot-breaks-necks.jpg
111 KB, 640x427
>>69146949
>>
>>69147141
>kiss me, my deer
>>
>>69147141
>if you love these woods so much, you can mourn for them
>>
>>69145671

There were tracks of smaller footprints found in the same region earlier.
>>
>>69145967
>Right, a human that there is no fossil evidence for whatsoever.

Denisovans and Homo floresiensis were only found recently my man.
>>
>>69145420

Look at the suits from the first Planet of the Apes, which came out the year after the Patterson film, and compare them. Patty would be an impressive suit for a Hollywood movie at the time, but a rodeo cowboy and a wacko made it on a low budget?
>>
>>69147002
Fuck Sasquatch. Bear thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWet783dh3g
>>
>>69146586
Absolutely btfo.
>>
File: 1434861883185.jpg (97 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
1434861883185.jpg
97 KB, 435x435
>>69145617
>The theory that Sasquatch is an indigenous North American great ape is completely outdated.
>It's more likely that if it exists it's a species of human.
Literally exactly the same thing.
>>
>>69147469
man, I remember watching the 4 Player Podcast video of this years back. Funny shit
>>
>>69147467
How so? The Patterson footage is of too poor quality analyze how nice the suit looks. If you've seen planet of the apes you'll know they just wore masks and gloves, and in fact the masks were very advanced in terms of allowing facial movement. Whereas bigfoot proponents are analysing what they think is muscle bulging and gait, which aren't comparable to the planet of the apes suits.
>>
>>69147467
>would be an impressive suit
but why? its pretty shitty video quality and I dont see how that suit is so special
You also cant really compare it to the Planet of the Apes costumes, since those were made with much more things in mind and were filmed with way better cameras
>>
File: 1436741243233.jpg (6 KB, 252x260) Image search: [Google]
1436741243233.jpg
6 KB, 252x260
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0LWi06Ylzc
He believes it /tv/, why don't you?
>>
>>69147558
>Literally exactly
humans are no indigenous (to north america) great apes
>>
>>69147752
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK1JuB7rPoY
>>
>>69147662

are you this fucking stupid?

you can see the muscles moving, that's why everyone is all up in a rage about it

because the fucking muscles move, like I don't know....a horse, dog, cat, when you watch mammals move you can see the muscles contract and extend under the skin....

that's what you're too stupid to understand, that the muscles are moving under the skin, and they, in 1967 were able to make a suit that allows muscle movements under the fake skin.....

fucking retard, go read a book
>>
>>69148476
yeah, as if one could see something subtle like that in this shitty video.
seems like confirmation bias to me
>>
File: mk_davis_pgf.gif (4 MB, 1070x216) Image search: [Google]
mk_davis_pgf.gif
4 MB, 1070x216
Is nobody going to post the stabilized version of the film? desu it seems pretty fake if you watch it like that
>>
yeah i think it's really weird that everyone considers it a guy in a suit yet for 40+ years of heated debate no one has been able to produce the suit, a piece of the suit, or at least a decent replica of it.
>>
>>69148560
>as if one could see something subtle like that in this shitty video.

ok retard, the PHD ape specialists in the late 60's are just making things up......

the only thing they have to gain is nothing but if the video is found out a fake and they said it was any sort of real or non fake their reputation tarnished

there are literally doctors, and ape doctors, and people more educated than you who aren't idiots just making it up that they can see the muscles move and the musculature and the frame of the thing in the video.....

it's like you 100% believe that they didn't watch the video with their own eyes

and then after that didn't do a frame by frame analysis

too bad the band mungo jerry exists because your band is SOL for a name
>>
>>69141699
i dont think thats a correct use of the word logic
>>
>>69140944
100% real. This has been verified with science.
>>
>>69148682
Why would big foot turn around and look exactly at the camera?
>>
>>69148682
>soles of the feet are perfectly white
Seems to reinforce that it's a suit to me
>>
>>69148802
Cause he saw the camera
>>
>>69148707
Could any of these """""Ape Doctors""""" in any way profit more from a mystery...?
I think we know the answer.
Fuck off back to /x/
>>
>>69148682
I like how he looks back. He just looks pissed and he's storming off.

I do believe that it's a bigfoot or possibly one of the earliest recorded fursuits.
>>
>>69148802

maybe because the camera man was moving and stepping on shit and breathing and possibly talking

I mean it's a silent film so....you're an idiot for just assuming there's no sound IRL

or do you think the generic youtube music was picked up by the mic on the camera? because you seem to be THAT stupid
>>
>>69144554
It makes it look more like a fake, to be honest.

The gait is very smooth, not animalistic at all, in this corrected version. You dont see that in the original Patterson footage. Definitely gives more evidence that it is a guy in a suit.
>>
>>69148920
I bet he's so stupid he needs his mom to type for him cause he can't even do that right LOL
>>
>>69148707
so were there like peer reviewed studies or is this some lazy appeal to authority?
and how does a phd magically change the quality of the video? there is only so much information you can gater from this mess
You also seem emotionally invested. You dont have to. Im glad to admit, that Im wrong and learn something new, if you give some sort of source on this
>>
>>69148476
>the muscles are moving under the skin

There is no clear evidence this is exactly what is happening in the footage, more like people are seeing what they want to see.
>>
>>69148867
>Fuck off back to /x/

ok, because that negates what I said about how retarded you are and the fact that hollywood make up people and ape studying people and a researcher for nike just felt like lying about what they saw with their own eyes.....

>durrrrrr fuck off back to /x/

nice response piers morgan
>>
>>69148876
> earliest recorded fursuits.
people have worn literal animal skins for all of human history and pre-history.
>>
>>69149012
>that negates what I said
Pretty much yeah.
That and the fact your posts read like a fucking eight year old.
>>
>>69149038
Right but this is a full body suit built specifically for sex.
>>
What did you guys think of Willow Creek?

The tent scene is CREEPY as fuck.
>>
File: based alf.jpg (20 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
based alf.jpg
20 KB, 300x225
>>69141306

How do you fuck up like this?
>>
File: clalafoot.png (615 KB, 775x599) Image search: [Google]
clalafoot.png
615 KB, 775x599
>>
>>69148964
>You also seem emotionally invested.
lol ok buddy, you can explain this and how this is and I'll respond to what you have to say

because it's absolutely ridiculous to even type that

you're on the logical fallacy info graphic spouting bullshit because you are emotionally investing in proving professionals wrong

>>69149010
>There is no clear evidence this is exactly what is happening in the footage, more like people are seeing what they want to see.

so they want to see what they actually see with their eyes? so they've made it up in their head before ever seeing the video, because in the late 60's and early 70's they already saw the video on nightly news on their color TV so they have predetermined what they will see and thus say "yeah I saw what I thought I would see, having viewed it for the first time right now"?

that's what you're saying right? can we just clear this up?

>>69149093
reads like an 8 year old? it's got a flesch-kincaid grade level of 16.9
>>
>>69148682
Holy shit this is funny. He looks like he is having a big temper tantrum and storms off in autistic rage.
>>
>>69149214
>you're on the logical fallacy info graphic spouting bullshit
well you pretty much said "some phd said it is true, so it has to be true".
>you are emotionally investing in proving professionals wrong
no. how?

You also avoided the central point of my post, where I asked you for source on those studies and if they were peer reviewed
>>
>>69148952
>he's so stupid he needs his mom to type for him

that's why his phone has auto correct and suggestions (dramatic pause) so yes he's actually so stupid someone else is literally typing for him
>>
>>69149214
>professionals
Appeal to authority.
>Want to see what they actually see.
Circular logic
>I'm not dum, u dum
Astral Project your ass back to /x/
>>
>>69149326
>tfw you're trying to take a fat sasquatch shit in the woods and someone tries to film you
>>
File: bigfoot.jpg (109 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot.jpg
109 KB, 1280x719
>>69149326
>What's going on here?
>>
>>>/x/
literally fucking retarded
>>
>>69149115
surprisingly good. Also liked all the foreshadowing
>>
>>69142975
Human
>>
>>69149369
>well you pretty much said "some phd said it is true, so it has to be true".
I didn't "pretty much" say this, you can go back and refer to what I actually said
>where I asked you for source on those studies and if they were peer reviewed
they are, so now what? I can't find a source for something that's almost 50 years old as they weren't in .pdf format, but they are peer reviewed

so now what? what do you have to say now?

that you know better than the chief if biomechanics for the USSR when it comes to the movement of animals/humans/mammals?

are you going to say that because he's spent the majority of his life studying movement in living creatures he's not an expert just because he's risen to the top of his field and his peers have given him such great reviews that he was given such an esteemed title and job?

or that the hollywood effects guys weren't the best in their jobs as judged by the people who've hired them over the years which is why they kept getting work....

>>you are emotionally investing in proving professionals wrong
>no. how?
by questioning the validity of their careers and their job titles and accomplishments to begin with, like they bring in all these nobodies just say agree with them....
>no. how?
>durrrrrr just because they have phd they are right? XD

>>69149401
>Appeal to authority.
yeah because they didn't earn it....lol they could have never earned their positions through good work and quality work in their fields.....
>>
>>69149214
where exactly do you see the muscle movement in the video and how can you be certain that movement cant have another reason?
>>
>>69142975
>Name one primate that does this
they all do it
>>
>>69148682
Some guy claimed he was in the suit and it was fake
His friends (the filters) didn't pay him so he spoke out
>>
>>69149620
>it's totally peer reviewed, take my word for it
kek
>>
>>69149620
>you can go back and refer to what I actually said
here:
>>69148707
You made no point other other than "They say it is true, so better believe it. Or are you smarter than them?!"
and you keep raving about how awesome those scientists are. Nobody doubts that, I think. The problem is with the video. Like I mentioned before, there is a really limited amount of information you could gather from it.

Why doesnt it surprise me, that you dont have source or even a link for your studies?
>>
>>69149643
nigga I'm not the one who said "I see it" the people who studied the film said that
>how can you be certain that movement cant have another reason?
again, I never said I was certain, I said the people who studied it were certain that it can't be a suit because for 50 years they've been unable to replicate the creature as a suit....

I know you didn't say they were certain as a suit, and I'm taking a leap here, that being said, the movement being movement for another reason would suggest a suit that has been proven to be too complex to make in 1967, and incredibly expensive to make in the current year if at all, and that's just my assumption that they can mimic muscle movement in hollywood with enough money as far as a physical suit goes

also, the gait of the creature isn't human, isn't not just the look of it, it's the function of it

>>69149773
and now what? all you can do it shit post, because that's what you're here to do...
>>
>>69149620
>I can't find a source for something that's almost 50 years old as they weren't in .pdf format, but they are peer reviewed
yeah, thats not how that works
>>
The Worlds Greatest Hoaxes : Secrets finally revealed (PART 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N33M7as5Ew

One of my favourites, if anyone is interested in this stuff.
>>
>>69149907
>Here to do
Fuck me, you're actually accusing me of being part of a conspiracy to silence the truth about bigfoot...?
My fucking god, you paranoid moron.
>still no sources
KEK
>>
>>69149907
>the people who studied the film said that
yeah, but what do they mean and how did they conclude that based on the shitty quality?
>also, the gait of the creature isn't human, isn't not just the look of it, it's the function of it
sure
but if it's a fake, I'm sure the guy in the suit would have practiced some weird way to walk and wouldnt just walk like normal
>>
>>69149900
>"They say it is true, so better believe it. Or are you smarter than them?!"
that quoted doesn't exist...you made it up
> you keep raving about how awesome those scientists are
another bullshit lie, never once said they were awesome
>there is a really limited amount of information you could gather from it.
for you, because you've probably never heard the word gait before today...did you know you can see a foot in the video? you can see a foot pronated (right word?) as it moves

here's some new information for you too, standard bred harness racing horses pace, and trot, they have different ways of moving yet are the same thing

the people who study such things, have said, the thing in the video isn't human, and humans couldn't move like that...

>that you dont have source or even a link for your studies?
so I'm supposed to google information from the late 60's? and that will somehow change your opinion on anything? lazy retard, you can google it, you're the one asking, I never said the words "peer reviewed" or "study" I said studied, as in they observed, scrutinized and researched, I didn't say "study" as in the scientific circle jerk you NEED to have to validate something...

what is it that you need validated from a peer reviewed study? like what are you getting at?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.