[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: ebert.webm (1 MB, 720x360) Image search: [Google]
ebert.webm
1 MB, 720x360
What went wrong /tv/?
>>
>>69134326
This honestly makes me feel bad for ever being a dick about him.
>>
well
>>
Nothing. It's called "karma."
>>
What is happening? throat cancer or something?
>>
>>69134326
What the fuck am I watching?
>>
A normal person commits suicide on the day he's diagnosed with cancer
>>
>>69134373
salivary gland and thyroid cancer
>>
File: roger-ebert-3-600.jpg (71 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
roger-ebert-3-600.jpg
71 KB, 600x450
Drill the oil
Live in toil
>>
File: 1451412498331.jpg (11 KB, 321x321) Image search: [Google]
1451412498331.jpg
11 KB, 321x321
Shit dude.

All he wanted to do was watch movies. Feels bad.
>>
>>69134373

Jaw cancer. The irony is positively thick.
>>
>>69134326
Vincent Gallo put a curse on him.
>>
>>69134401
this tbqh
>>
>>69134384
I hate teenagers. You've never experienced the loss of someone you care about, kid. If you ever get a partner (which you won't), and she becomes ill, remember to tell her to kill herself.
>>
what are they doing though
>>
>>69134492
I properly vet the healthy of any woman (as well as her family's health) to ensure that no offspring of mine, accidental or otherwise, will be born with the defects of some female's untermenschen genetics.
>>
>>69134326

He gave too many bad reviews to meme flicks.
>>
>>69134374
my guess is he's being fed through a tube
>>
File: 1461608503899.gif (488 KB, 237x194) Image search: [Google]
1461608503899.gif
488 KB, 237x194
>>69134559

Jesus. Are people like you actually real? I thought you were a meme.
>>
>>69135457
he's trolling you, reddit. he'll troll me and tell me he's not trolling.
>>
/v/ meme magic
>>
What's the point of not cutting that piece of skin off? He should've just went full Darth Malak t b h
>>
>>69134326
>nutted but she still sucking
>>
>>69134326

This is my worst fear Senpai

To be placed in a situation where I'm helpless and can't even wipe my own ass or spit my own phlegm out.

Good thing my family history never had a deal like this.

Got a history of Cancer though. If that happens when I'm 60 I'll just move to a state where weed is legal and live the rest of my life in relative peace in the countryside.

Not worth it getting treatment sometimes.

Working in a hospital taught me that surgery often has horrific failure rates

>>69134492

He's being edgy but sometimes the treatment is worse than the disease. People bedbound and stuck in a pool of their own filth and can hardly string a sentence together.
>>
Jesus christ who is this guy?
>>
ive seen stuff like this and other brutal shit on liveleak. Its especially sad when its an old person reduced to this, or an embarrassing video of an old persons ass falling out.

It reminds me that existence is just our brain and everything else is ego and aesthetics. We grow an ego in young age like we are invincible beautiful warriors but this awaits us all, embarrasment, humiliation, no dignity, with the young laughing at us in our embarrassing moments
>>
He stopped writing movies with Russ Meyer.
>>
why would anyone film this
>>
>>69134559
But what about your own autism cunt?
>>
>>69134384
You're that much of a puss huh?
>>
>>69137332

>tfw roger ebert's memory is fading among younger generations of movie fans

famous critic, co-hosted a show, got cancer and had his jaw removed, didn't stop him from reviewing movies, died a while ago
>>
>>69134437
jew cancer
>>
all movie reviwers are hacks anyway
it's literally the most pointless job there is
>>
>>69138441
>>tfw roger ebert's memory is fading among younger generations of movie fans
Good, he's a hack.
>>
>>69134384
>t. underage baby
>>
>all the horrible shit than can happen to you

god damn it I hate the world

Robot bodies when?
>>
What's your favourite Ebert review /tv/? You can find an archive of them on his website
>>
>>69139272
>all the horrible shit than can happen to you if you cross Vincent Gallo
fixed

I watch Buffalo '66 every day and I'm the very picture of health because of it.
>>
>>69138736
how so when there are few good actual critics and zero journalism anyways
>>
>>69134401
did he get it from eating boon pussy?
>>
>>69134326
He smoked cigars, he paid the price.
>>
>I know it is coming, and I do not fear it, because I believe there is nothing on the other side of death to fear. I hope to be spared as much pain as possible on the approach path. I was perfectly content before I was born, and I think of death as the same state. What I am grateful for is the gift of intelligence, and for life, love, wonder, and laughter. You can't say it wasn't interesting. My lifetime's memories are what I have brought home from the trip. I will require them for eternity no more than that little souvenir of the Eiffel Tower I brought home from Paris.

http://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/go-gentle-into-that-good-night
>>
Reminder that Ebert was a sexist pig who advocated for gratitous nudity in movies

From his Black Dynamite review

>The women are also dressed in period threads, and many have big Afros. I am happy to say it brings back an element sadly missing in recent movies, gratuitous nudity. Sexy women would "happen" to be topless in the 1970s movies for no better reason than that everyone agreed, including themselves, that their breasts were a genuine pleasure to regard -- the most beautiful naturally occurring shapes in nature, I believe. Now we see breasts only in serious films, for expressing reasons. There's been such a comeback for the strategically positioned bed sheet, you'd think we were back in the 1950s.
>>
>>69139867

He was a tits guy
>>
Didn't he smoke almost constantly?
>>
File: IMG01757-20120902-0730.jpg (223 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG01757-20120902-0730.jpg
223 KB, 1600x1200
>>69140045

He wrote a Russ Meyer movie, of course he was.
>>
>>69139272
This tbqh

>tfw constantly thinking about killing myself to avoid all that possible shit
>>
>>69139294

I like Fanboys because he BTFOs nerds

>A lot of fans are basically fans of fandom itself. It's all about them. They have mastered the "Star Wars" or "Star Trek" universes or whatever, but their objects of veneration are useful mainly as a backdrop to their own devotion. Anyone who would camp out in a tent on the sidewalk for weeks in order to be first in line for a movie is more into camping on the sidewalk than movies.
>Extreme fandom may serve as a security blanket for the socially inept, who use its extreme structure as a substitute for social skills. If you are Luke Skywalker and she is Princess Leia, you already know what to say to each other, which is so much safer than having to ad-lib it. Your fannish obsession is your beard. If you know absolutely all the trivia about your cubbyhole of pop culture, it saves you from having to know anything about anything else. That's why it's excruciatingly boring to talk to such people: They're always asking you questions they know the answer to.
>But enough about my opinions; what about "Fanboys"? Its primary flaw is that it's not critical. It is a celebration of an idiotic lifestyle, and I don't think it knows it. If you want to get in a car and drive to California, fine. So do I. So did Jack Kerouac. But if your first stop involves a rumble at a "Star Trek" convention in Iowa, dude, beam your ass down to Route 66.
>>
>>69139313

its a good movie desu
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.