[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know if it's possible to have a real discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 51063.jpg (41 KB, 235x336) Image search: [Google]
51063.jpg
41 KB, 235x336
I don't know if it's possible to have a real discussion about this movie here, but whatever.

I gotta say I'm really surprised by it. Possibly the best Marvel movie thus far. Also, we finally got a really good villain.

What are your thoughts about the movie?
>>
quips/10
>>
First good villain since Loki, and unlike all the others he got to win
>>
9.5/10

i really loved it

then i came to /tv/ and i realized this board is still full of pretentious, self-entitled millennial hipsters
>>
>>69133365
I think it was a lot of fun and the action was all I could have hoped for, but I think it would've worked better if it was just about Bucky and had none of the accords stuff.
And was called something other than Civil War. Also this>>69133387
>>
Why on Earth was Spider Man in no promotional material (save trailers)?

You'd think having him on posters and merchandise would entice lots of kids to got see the movie.
>>
I thought it was great too. 8/10 as far as capeshit goes.
Rivalry between Stark and Cap was awesome
Ant-Man and Spider-Man were top additions
Vision getting nerfed helped the movie
>>
Overall pretty enjoyable. Everytime there was a quip though my mind immediately went to /tv/.

Only issue was that all the cameos felt kinda forced. I liked the spider man stuff though.
>>
>>69133365

I like how Stark got more and more frantic and disheveled as the movie went on. Plus I liked the idea that Tony hated Bucky not just because he killed his parents but because he had no say in the decision, while everything bad Tony did had no such convenience.

Also Panther and Spidey were good, didn't overstay their welcome. Rhodey's crash was brutal
>>
File: 1408117967880.png (316 KB, 629x464) Image search: [Google]
1408117967880.png
316 KB, 629x464
There are tons of things that this movie does absolutely perfect. I'm sure there will be a lot of praise so I'm going to nitpick the problems that stood out:

-- Spider-man almost stole the movie. His entire presence nearly derailed the serious tone that the airport stand-off was heading towards. His exit was also fairly muted and off-handedly executed.

-- Villain was weak. I know his purpose was to give Tony and the rest of the world reasons to go after Bucky but overall the character development did not stray from Marvel villain problems.

-- This might be weird and I doubt a lot of people noticed but Black Panther's African accent was waayyyyy off. I come from South Africa and hear both Southern African English, Nigerian English, etc a lot and everything about T'Challa's accent sucked. The King of Wakana's accent (his father) was far more on point. Obviously they didn't want the deeper Idris Elba Beast of No Nation accent but Panther's accent floated between Mandarin/Chinese and off-Xhosa so much. That vocal coach needs to be straight up fired.

--There was like RomCom tier communication going on between the two teams. Jesus Christ, it felt like half of the tension was misunderstanding and 'I don't want to hear it' stuff.

I love the quips and the jokes but they really kill the tension. Half the reason Winter Soldier felt so visceral was the toned down humor. There always needs to be comic relief but not every action beat needs a da-dum-tiss.

Going with a 8.5/10 - My problems with movie are super subjective and I am looking forward to the Panther and Spider-man movies.
>>
>>69133428
Hawkeye, Rhodey, Black Widow and Flying Nigger were all expendable Tbh
>>
>>69133419
Maybe they know they don't need to do that to get all the money.
>>69133428
>all the cameos
Explain further.
>>
So did Daniel Brühl wimn in the end? He got Captain America and Iron Man to fight each other but then at the end of the film that letter implied things were good between them, they just weren't formally a part of the avengers.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 990x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 990x600
>thinks that superheroes need to be reigned in

>went in front of Congress in his second movie and told the government that he isn't theirs to control

Whatever.
>>
File: 1462437709424.jpg (44 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1462437709424.jpg
44 KB, 600x450
Civil War in a nutshell
>>
File: 1454415456076.jpg (96 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1454415456076.jpg
96 KB, 800x600
>Now BUCKY is my best friend
>>
>>69133453

>Flying Nigger

It takes less time to type Falcon than it does to act like an edgy faggot for upvotes
>>
>>69133478
The invention of the ironman suit contributed more to the overall danger of the planet than any of Caps actions.
>>
>>69133419

Because he's the Quicksilver of CW. He's tagged in for one sequence of the movie, then tagged back out when it's done.

I think the only characters with smaller roles than him are Sharon Carter (barely, and she's arguably more plot important) and Crossbones.
>>
>>69133476
Breaking up the Avengers so that they can be replaced by totally-not-evil Thunderbolts is where this is headed.
>>
>>69133456
>explain further
Basically >>69133453

It felt like they spent more time on fitting characters to fillmout the numbers im the civil war than the plot. Which I think would have worked better with fewer people.
>>
Based Zemo
>>
>>69133365
ok memes aside

i thought it was really well done, the writing was pertty good and you can really argue on behalf of both sides (and even Zemos side)

the only thing i could criticize (and this is nitpicking because i guess it's really not easy writing such a complex story with so many characters) is that Tony is the only one who is self critical, i particular had wished this for Wanda that we got any more insight of her thoughts besides when she watched the news, that she indeed is a dangerous person, i kinda wish she had hesitated when going with Clint and attacking Vision
>>
>>69133522
Why did you call them cameos though? I thought you meant stuff like Stan Lee being in it.
>>
>>69133499
Sorry for hurting your feelings niggerbro, but I've never bothered to learn his name because he's a pretty lame 'superhero'
>>
>>69133535
My bad. Sorry for the confusion.
>>
>>69133476
>at the end of the film that letter implied things were good between them

No it wasn't. Steve sent a "no hard feelings, here's a way to contact me if an emergency arises" message to Tony, but Tony was the one who rightfully had a big problem with Steve, not the other way around.

At most, Tony decides to look the other way when Steve attacks the UN facility.
>>
>>69133499
>nigger detected
>>
Black Panther should have let the villain kill himself.
>>
>>69133380
OP here. Did we watch the same movie? The humor was very toned down compared to all other marvel movies (beside Winter Soldier), and the quips that were there didn't overkill it.

Also yeah, for me too it's a solid 8/10. This flick managed to be a better Avengers movie than Age of Ultron did (which was decent, but Whedon is just terrible).
>>
File: palestinianchicken.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
palestinianchicken.gif
2 MB, 316x213
I spent the majority of the movie being on Starks side, and walked out of the movie still being on Starks side. In fact I hated the ending scene where he takes caps gesture of goodwill, because that makes it seem like he was in the wrong.

Cap was acting rash and impulsive throughout the movie, and most of it could have been prevented had they talked for, I don't know, five minutes.

The whole reason for their "civil war" was terribly forced. Not even mentioning the BBEG who relied on everything going exactly according to his plan, to the second, for everything to work out, and the main characters ending at the final fight stage.

With that said, it was still an entertaining movie, but it left a sour taste in my mouth in regards of character development. I almost felt like watching a teen angst drama where drama only exists because nobody can talk to each other.

The new characters introduced are nice, maybe it was the German dub, but black panther spoke very.. Tribal, but then again scarlet witch also has a comically "Russian" dialect in the German dub, maybe it's better in OV.
On the other hand they crammed so many characters into this movie, that everyone only got so little screen time.

It was also surprising seeing Vienna featured, especially the subway I take every day, but it seems actual filming didn't take place here, the street scenes didn't look like they were shot locally, but I'll have to look into that.

Spiderman trash talking for his entire fight was amazing, and I just now realize what all movies so far have been missing. Even the characters made note of it.
>>
>>69133570
Why? So we'd miss out on his future antics?
>>
>>69133365
The only good thing about the villain is that based Brühl was playing him.

Movie was ok tier capeshit, too much action, it was saturating and made the movie feel so much longer.
>>
The movie was fucking terrible. a lot of the characters felt forced and the villain was forgettable because Cap's hard-on for Bucky.
>>
>>69133570
The living is not yet finished with him
>>
File: pepe.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
You will never do whatever it takes to distract Lizzy Olsen from joining Cap's side while you chill together at romantic Avengers mansion
>>
>>69133613
With candles and stuff?
>>
>>69133419
I think it's because it must be misleading at this point after so many out of (their) canon Spiderman movies.

People are dumb so if they see Spiderman in with the rest in the promotional stuff, they may get confused.
>>
>>69133613
Vision put too much paprika in the food the absolute madman
>>
>>69133606
>dcuck
>>
>>69133580
yeah agree
>>
>>69133606
Listen, I really wanted to love BvS too, and to some extent I like it, I have a better opinion of it than the average /tv/ user. But if we have to talk about pacing issues, BvS gets annihilated.
>>
Which quip moment got the best reaction at your cinema?

>implying it wasn't the part where bucky asked falcon to move his seat forward
>>
>>69133580
If you're German, the movie would probably drive you nuts to watch in English. They clearly did not have someone do a pass over the German lines to make sure they were authentic.
>>
>>69133692
All Ant-Man.
>when he's inside Tony's suit messing around with shit
>when Vision passes through him and he freaks out
>>
>>69133655
>>69133683

What the fuck are you on about? I can't hate on a movie at all? because I'm somehow a DC fan?

Seems like you all act like the shills ejo delusionally defended Bvs.
>>
>>69133749
DC has replaced Reddit as the go-to insult here.
>>
>>69133703
Seemed fine to me.

t. studied german in highschool
>>
>>69133749

who*
>>
>>69133580
My main problem with the plot is that most of the thing the UN consider the avengers guilty for, are actually 100% not their fault (or at least 90%).

>new york
they single handedly repelled an alien invasion, good luck doing that with less collateral damage
>washington
again, cap, falcon and black widow stopped hydra from committing genocide
>what happens at the beginning of civil war
ok, wanda kinda fucked up, but if she didn't repell the explosion more people would have died

I find kinda funny that they didn't mention when in AoU Hulk goes apeshit in Africa. Now THAT would be 100% something to blame them for.
>>
>>69133703
That reminds me that the french vilain in the previous movie had a quebecois accent. And then Pierce said he was actually algerian.
Whatever.
>>
>>69133692

The bystanders reaction to Cap's kiss.
>>
>>69133764

Seems more like the flavor of the month word to shill.
>>
>>69133775
Wasn't there only like 30-something deaths in new york too? kek
>>
>>69133807
And it will remain so until BvS is forgotten.
>>69133814
It was way higher. Like 70.
>>
>>69133365
9/10 Loved it very much.

I gotta say Marvel really handled the scenario of having superheroes in real life really well. It's just a matter of time until government started taking care of things because they just want to meddle into things. I mean the premise for the accord is weird. The black lady who lost her son and blame Tony literally has no rights blaming him. Does she just not understand that if The Avengers didn't do what they did in Sokovie then the whole earth would die? Her son is dead no matter the scenario and The Avengers chose the least damaging path.

Also love the plot twist at the end. Still can't believe what happened. Poor, poor Tony. However.

Bucky did nothing wrong
>>
I don't get what was the point of getting Martin Freeman to play such a small part.
>>
>>69133829
still, that's fucking nothing considering what was happening
>>
>>69133829
>It was way higher. Like 70.

Yeah the official number was something like that, which is honestly fucking awful writing. A couple of terrorist bombs in real world somehow cause more casualties than an alien invasion of New York.
>>
>>69133865
Because the character he plays will be a big part of Black Panther and needs to be someone who can be actually funny.
>>
>>69133829

Great, so everyone will be held on suspicion of being a DC fan now because not everyone enjoyed Civil War.
>>
>>69133865
They're still introducing him. He'll play a bigger role in Dr. Strange where he will keep Stephen from doing drugs in his room all day long.
>>
>>69133865
he confirmed he will be in more movies
>>
>>69133912
Yes, just like everyone is constantly under suspicion of being from reddit or tumblr. Nothing has actually changed, you know.
>>69133933
Magic is the ultimate drug anyway.
>>
>>69133775

Vision had the most reasoned response to it, and it's actually what Thor warned of back in Avengers - that the power of the Avengers and the threats they face leads to a cycle of conflict escalation and rising chaos.

He saw the accords as something that could help stem the tide and maintain stability.
>>
>>69133836
>superheroes in real life

Which raises the obvious question of how the fuck they will be able to keep that tone going in Infinity Wars where a giant grape man kills 50% of the universe and has a battle royale with all of the heros on a castle made of bones that floats in space with the goal of gaining the affection of the female incarnation of death
>>
File: 1355129537841.jpg (64 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1355129537841.jpg
64 KB, 633x758
>movie starts off with with a war between ideologies
>ends with a battle between a man fighting to protect his friend and a man fighting for revenge

beautiful
>>
>>69133836
Well, the point of that was that even if they saved a billion lives, what consolation is that for the people that WEREN'T saved?

It's awfully easy for Steve to say sometimes you can only save most instead of all, but the numerous victims pointing to how the Avengers pack up and go home once they stop a threat wasn't unwarranted.
>>
>>69133580
>maybe it was the German dub

Why would you watch a dub?

>The whole reason for their "civil war" was terribly forced.

A bit. My main problem was that Cap's stance was not as developed as Tony's.
>>
File: Smug Thanos.png (199 KB, 682x809) Image search: [Google]
Smug Thanos.png
199 KB, 682x809
>>69133994
Dance-off?
>>
Ant man was fucking awful, and Paul Rudd is dreadful. Apart from that I thought this might be the best Marvel flick so far, 8.5/10
>>
>>69134015
>Why would you watch a dub?

Germany is one of those horrible countries that dub everything.
>>
>>69133970
yeah, but that's still debatable. The Hydra has been working for decades before the Avengers came out, the Winter Soldier already existed and so on. Beside Loki, Ultron and Malekit, most of the things they fought were already there.
>>
>>69133775
What's even more funny is the collateral damage in MoS was caused by an alien invasion, yet for some reason the real life audience give the avengers a pass but not superman. I never understood that.

I think the Starks view civil war (and BvS to a degree) is that the public (represented by their government) are deciding when, where and how these heroes defend them. Without regulation there's no way for the public to have a choice which is inherently un democratic. "Muh collateral" is just a dumbed down version of a bigger issue, that these "heroes" are above the law, as even the military has laws and procedures it must follow

Basically it's a debate about whether being a hero and taking action is a individual right (supported by cap) or something decided by the state (Starks view). It's just a shame neither civil war or BvS really explore this since they are ultimately action capeshit movies, which need every decided by a brawl just because.
>>
>>69134036
Ruffalo/Hemsworth pls go
>>
>>69133543
>>69133561

downvoted
>>
File: richard.jpg (18 KB, 402x471) Image search: [Google]
richard.jpg
18 KB, 402x471
>>69134046
>Germany is one of those horrible countries that dub everything.

The horror...
>>
>>69133876
Yeah, superheroes doing what superheroes are supposed to do (save innocent lives and minimize collateral damage) is bad writing.
>>
>>69134013
>what consolation is that for the people that WEREN'T saved?
I might be wrong here but iirc there's a thing called Stark Relief Foundation. As for them going home after battle is it that weird for people to go home to rest? They could die in those fights and Tony actually did for a while when he went through the wormhole so give them a break why don't you.

Also if this is about them getting salty that their families are dead. Again, "If the Avengers didn't act the casualties would be a fuck ton more then when they did."

I just get so mad when nobody shows appreciation to what they did and just focused on muh building fell and muh family died in the crossfire.
>>
>>69134036

Actually he's great!
>>
Has they written Portman and Palthrow out of those movies altogether? Both hasn't appeared since 2013 and with Pepper breaking up with Tony offscreen and Thor 3 not being set on Earth it looks like they won't appear for some time
>>
>>69133365
I was getting tired of Marvel capeshit but I was so pleasantly surprised by how much I fucking loved this movie.

+RDJ's performance. Proof that Whedon writes Tony terribly, because I hated Iron Man in Avengers 1 and 2 but I sympathized with him most here and thought RDJ brought his A game. Tony's clearly acting out of guilt and RDJ is clearly acting well out of guilt after The Judge.

+They juggled all the characters pretty damn well. I didn't give a shit about all the new chars and thought it was gonna flop hard Spider-man 3 / Amazing Spider-Man 2 style but everyone got their due.

+ Also thought Tom Holland was gonna be shit but he's easily the best Spider-man so far. Great job on casting, Marvel.

+ Ant Man was good too, GiAnt Man was spectacular. I can't wait to see him interact with the Avengers more.

+ Rhodey's fall. Holy shit, that shot where he hits the ground while Iron Man and Falcon are flying toward him is burned into my mind.

+ The final fight between Tony, Bucky and Steve was incredible, and gets better with each viewing.

- The first part is really slow. It only picks up when Bucky gets Winter Soldier'd.

- I didn't think the villain was that spectacular. In fact, it annoyed me how much time was dedicated to him formulating his evil plan. We didn't need to see all that shit.

- I thought Chris Evans was pretty wooden. We're apparently supposed to side with him but he was the one who came off as irrational by the end because Tony was trying to make compromises and yet Steve just didn't give a fuck. He didn't seem to care about anyone other than Bucky.

- Despite being the cause of the rift, we don't really get Bucky's POV on anything except until the very end. Whenever someone punches him, he punches back -- that's pretty much it, but his character felt hollow otherwise.

- Steve's letter at the end was terrible and didn't make a lot of sense.

- Wanda's accent is shit.
>>
>>69134022
I'd be fine with that
>>
>>69134141

Portman had to be legally forced to do Thor 2, she won't be back ever again

Not sure what the deal with Palthrow is. She's never seemed to have a problem, might just be a schedule/interest level thing.
>>
>>69133451
>wahh Black Panther doesn't sound Sound African

He's from Wakanda, he can have any accent he fucking wants.
>>
>>69133365
It mixed everything up enough to be interesting but it was overhyped i need to watch it again and ill probably enjoy it alot more.

Really good themes and captain america's character was handled VERY well

The rest of the movie and the characters however where a bit clunky but acceptable.

Th ending was a disappointment nothing really got resolved i feel it was just a lame way to let chris evans out of hiscontract if he wants
>>
>>69134062
>yet for some reason the real life audience give the avengers a pass but not superman. I never understood that.

Probably because in Avengers there was plenty of screentime of the heroes dedicated to deal with the collateral damage as much as they did with punching the bad guys.

Whereas in MoS, you had Superman not giving a fuck about Zod throwing him a fuel tanker truck, and jut watching like an asshole as it slams into a building and fucking explodes destroying everything.
>>
>>69133836
some people just aren't rational. I would be pissed if it was a huge plot point out of a character that should know better but it's just some dumb bitch who only cares about MUH SON
>>
>>69133398
I'd say 9/10
But I agree with what you said about /tv/
>>
>>69134144
>+ Also thought Tom Holland was gonna be shit but he's easily the best Spider-man so far. Great job on casting, Marvel.

That reveal trailer of him looks kinda bad when you look back at it now, too. That awkward stilted "hey everyone" isn't even the real dialogue from that scene, it's cut in from elsewhere.
>>
>>69133580
Yeah idk it felt like Captain America and Iron man where switched for no reason they where acting out of character.
>>
>>69134144
>Tony was trying to make compromises and yet Steve just didn't give a fuck

Well, like in the comics. It's weird that the Civil War thing in the comics books made more sense, but many of the heroes acted completely out of character. In the movie the reasons were more forced, but the characters were actually more relatable.
>>
>>69134199

Even since the Phantom Jew got kicked out of control of the MCU, a lot of the actors who seemed ready to move on have changed their minds and are cool with the idea of signing on for more now.
>>
>>69134144
>Wanda's accent is shit.
YES someone else is finally mentioning it. It's so fucking bad. But at least she tries to put on an accent, unlike fucking Black Widow
>>
>>69134119
I think there's an unstated examination of the human condition in this film

Yes logically Zemo shouldn't be salty that the avengers killed his family

Yet his humanity cannot allow that. The moment we hear him listening to his wife's voicemails you understand why he did what he did

Cap might have super strength, the rest might have their own superpowers but it's not possible to overcome the limitations of human emotion

It's a beautiful message that is probably only capable of being expressed in a movie about people that fly around with capes
>>
>>69134199
I'm 100% sure he's going be be back for Avengers 3, like I'm 100% sure Superman is going to be resurrected at some point.
>>
Do we agree that Joss Whedon is a crybaby and all the excuses he throws to justify how shitty AoU was are crap?

The Russo had an even bigger cast, a more difficult script, and had to deal with equally forced plugs to another movie, and yet their movie didn't suffer.
>>
>>69134275
who is the phantom jew?
>>
>>69134292

Widows meant to be a chameleon, I don't think it's a fault that she doesn't have a stereotypical accent.

It's not great but I feel like they did tone down Wanda's accent from how it was in Ultron.
>>
Was anyone else annoyed by that chase sequence with panther? Those silently running cgi models triggered the fuck out of me.
And whats with people who said that this is better than WS? What the fuck? I think it might be even worse than FA on my list.
>>
>>69134136
Oh okay, I forgot, sorry.
>>
It was good because everyone felt balanced, I thought Stark's team was going to BTFO Cap's but it was pretty even. Ultron was pretty much ruined as soon as Vision arrived.
>>
>>69134292
Fuck black widow
>grew up in Russia
>named NATASHA ROMANOV
>speaks Russian
>format KGB
>has 0 hint of a Russian accent
No idea if they were just lazy shits or if Scarlet didn't want to take vocal lessons for it.
>>
>>69134292
Black Widow doesn't have an accent in the comics. Which is pretty damn logic, since she was a cover agent and doing spy work in the west with an obvious slav accent would be a very bad idea.
>>
>>69134316
Exactly what I think. And I think that scrapping some stuff like some of Ultron quips (who otherwise was very intimidating) there's a good movie under its skin.

But in his defence, he probably hadn't much freedom of expression in directing the leading movies. Remember how the production cock blocked Ed Wright about Ant Man,
>>
>>69134316
To be fair, Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron were the two movies wherein both directors clashed too much with the execs because of the execs' insistence on foreshadowing future events in the universe.

That's why Jon Favreau didn't come back for Iron Man 3 and Joss Whedon fucked off to nowhere after AoU. And surprise suprise, everyone hates those 2 movies.

I mean I definitely blame Whedon for a lot of shitty writing in AoU but you can't deny that the heavy handed infinity gems mentions made it so much more convoluted.
>>
>>69134353
How can she be KGB if it was dissolved in 1991, she is far too young to be part of it
>>
>>69133419
I think the deal with Sony about Spiderman was rushed since Civil War filming was about to begin and they postponed marketing talks for later.
>>
>>69133365
It's good. Messy in some places and the final fight felt like it didn't really have enough people to be called a 'civil war' but otherwise perfectly fine capeshit flick.

the action scenes are legitimately well done.
>>
>>69134322
Ike Perlmutter, CEO of Marvel. The guy is a notorious cheapskate and also a ghost, the only photos that exist of him are from 1985.

Kevin Feige, the guy most responsible for the MCU, went direct to Disney and got Perlmutter removed from having any power over the MCU.
>>
>>69133478
Tony took more responsibility for his actions than anyone else, for someone who is a quipping billionaire former weapons maker that is not bad. Ultron was him trying to protect the world, it just didnt work, accords and raft prison and his obvious involvement/complacent with those things are further proof that he knows that they need to be put in check... in no small part due to him. Wanda on the other hand kills people via collateral damage and white knights cant handle the notion of keeping her in house arrest with a flirty robot thing? I dont get why people can say the sides being right changes in the movie. The only bad thing about team Iron Man is the fact that General Ross is literally still exists... aside from him adding conflict just for the sake of "no Hulk so must focus my impotent rage at the rest of you" the accords would have worked fine.
>>
>>69133511
If Ross is in charge of the team, the team is going to be evil a.f. might even become the Dark Avengers.
>>
>>69134382
>Remember how the production cock blocked Ed Wright about Ant Man,

Literally every change Marvel demanded that forced out Wright were for the better, though.

Wrights version would have been much worse.
>>
>>69133499
hi mudskin
>>
Cap 2 > 3 > 1

>>69134340
>Age of Ultron
God that movie was bad
>>
>>69134463
Source? From what I've read anywhere, it was great.
>>
>>69133559
The Raft got attacked because Ross is an asshole and willingly ignored evidence that there was a plot by this asshole Zemo. Who the UN obviously arrests later on in the credits, the fact that the prisoners are not freed due to the reveal of the plot vindicates Captain that the accords are literally shit.
>>
>>69134275
>>69134322
Isaac Perlmutter ''Ike'', a fucking cheap-ass jew that wanted to cut the budget of everything.
Since Feige is the one that made the MCU what it is today, Disney listened to him and they kicked that 73 year old to Netflix shows.
Plus he also got rid of the Marvel Creative Commitee, the ones who caused practically all the executive meddling that has caused so many issues with movies like Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron.

Since Disney knows the movies are going to make cash anyway, and they only see them as ads for their toys (reminder that Disney brings in 40 billion every year from merchandise), they'll just give Feige whatever budgets he asks and now without Ike complaining about everything, so this will mean much more consistency in future movies due to no meddling, and maybe a bump in budget, so the CGI might stop being trash.
It was too late for Civil War though, since Ike was pushed out of the movies in September, about two months after CW's filming wrapped up.
>>
>>69134440
Ross wasn't THAT irrational, though. I mean, he agreed for Tony to try to reel in Cap and his team, he only went "fuck this shit" after that ops went so terribly bad.
>>
>>69134418
>the action scenes are legitimately well done.
this so much.

the thing I like about Marvel is how they get so creative with their heroes' powers even though they only have one theme. Like for example how Cap utilizes his shield to its fullest by using it to guard, throw, cut, reflects, ram, etc. Also how Bucky uses his arm to do various things like deflect bullets, throw heavy stuff, land safely, brakes a motorcycle, etc etc. It's like the only limit is their imagination whereas DC has Superman, a guy with all powers combined and yet the fight scene is just him punching his ways through Walmart.
>>
>>69134036

Paul Rudd is great you awful fucking jew.
>>
>>69133365
the only bigger problem I had was that T'Chala's character didn't reall felt fleshed out.
it felt almost like all we got was:
>my father is king
>oh no, my father is kill now I'm king
>i'm going to kill the Winter Soldier
>btw I'm black panther
>*zemo says he killed the king*
>sorry that I wanted to kill you we both were victims of revenge
>I'm going to help the new avengers now
>*fucking nice Black Panther science-Building*
but he's getting his own movie so I guess he'll be indroduced better then
also I loved the bit more comic-ish elements Like the Super-villian prison in the middle of the ocean, the black Panther HQ or whatever that was supposed to be and Vision Wearing casual clothes
>>
>>69133644
CAP'S GONNA FREAK
>>
>>69134491
>protect a fugitive
>destroy an airport
>cripple black ironman

THEY DINDU NUFIN, FREE MY NIGGAS FROM THE RAFT
>>
>>69134520
Bucky had some really cool tricks up his sleeve. He actually used the environment, used other weapons than just his fists, et cetera. As you say they actually got creative with the idea of super strength super speed and stuff rather than just having two big dudes punch each other a lot.
>>
>>69134456
>Dark Avengers

You know, I just realized that with Disney and Sony being butt buiddies with their Marvel Deal, any Thunderbolts movie most likely will be based on the Warren Ellis team, and will have Norman Osborn as their boss.
>>
File: 2_Daniel_Bruhl.jpg (283 KB, 717x1024) Image search: [Google]
2_Daniel_Bruhl.jpg
283 KB, 717x1024
Based Bruhl was their best villain yet
>>
>>69134141
Paltrow doesnt look good in these movies anymore, she looks like she's an old woman pretending to be young and I can understand not casting another female that wont do shit in the film. They'll bring her back for Iron Man 4 (maybe) but they heavy hinted that Tony is very alone in the world right now...
>>
>>69134516
It was definitely weird seeing Tony be such a beta to Ross.
>>
>>69133644
Things are getting way too spicy for the pepper.
>>
>>69134206
Even in the intro in Civil War when Wanda fucks up, Cap says "call rescue, we need to get up there" that's all it takes one throw away line to show that the heroes give a fuck, that would have somehow maybe saved Man of Murder... kinda how BvS had Batman "lol mostly evacuated dont worry" everytime he was fighting someone.
>>
>>69134006
>He's my friend
>So was I

BRAVO VINCE
>>
>>69134385
what were the foreshadowing events in Iron Man 2? Black Widow?
>>
>>69134626
It's more the fact that superman used buildings as weapons in his fight against zod
>>
>>69134663
Iron Man 2 had Nick Fury in it saying
>DUDE LOOK AT THE AVENGERS THING LMAO
While Favreau wanted a more stand-alone movie.
>>
>>69134687
Also had Cap's shield.
>>
>>69134332
It was better written than WS because it had cool things in scenes from act to act, the fights were also a bit better and despite the CG of fights being obvious there were actual fight scenes in it as well. They also did a very good job at making the CG outfits work well with the actors (when you see Tom in the suit vs his CG self its not too different) when you see Tony and Rhodes together if some of the suit was not built for those scenes Id say that's really good CG compared to even Iron Man 3... which had really bad CG.
>>
>>69134413
Marvel probably didnt trust Disney to honor the deal, so they made sure that Spidey in the movie was a one scene thing with a few minutes of dialogue and mostly a CG spiderman with a lot of close up shots in case they had to cut it from the script and they could still have a movie. I dont blame them for one second. The deal existed for years (Marvel/Disney gets all the toy revenue and Sony gets a check and all movie revenue from Spidey movies) sooo it works out 100% on Marvel's side of the equation. Sony is literally getting money for letting Marvel create and develop a character for them, but since there is more money in toys than in movies Marvel still wins.
>>
So, when will Tony finally get his blood armor so shit like this cant happen anymore? Getting beaten by these two degenerates, pretty fucking embarrassing to be completely honest. He really needs a way to regenerate his energy source/armor parts.
>>
>>69134482
From memory, in Wrights version:

Hope had a tiny role and was basically nothing but a love interest
Bit about Hope becoming the Wasp didn't exist
Entire subplot about Janet didn't exist, she was never mentioned
Cross had a much bigger role
No past flashbacks to young Hank
No Falcon fight at the Avengers base
Scott was more of a career criminal rather than a well meaning thief
Hank would have died from his gunshot wound
>>
>>69133398
Its a 7.5 at best. Watch more movies faggot
>>
>>69134764
Nope, apparently the deal is that Sony gets only money from the movies they have to make, while Marvel gets to use Spiderman whenever they want.
I mean, in a sense they profit from him being part of the MCU, but they haven't paid Sony a thing.
>>
>>69134482
someone on /co/ posted all the changes, his version had a chase scene with cars and some other stupid shit... that movie was saved by the chaos surrounding it. Marvel is very lucky... the worst of it would have been if you got Whedon's unedited version of Age of Ultron. My hope is that they sideline the infinity stone plot altogether and the movies stay in the Civil War theme going forward; Thunderbolts vs Avengers and then hopefully Xmen Vs Avengers and then Dark Avengers or something like that when the universe gets reset. Cosmic Marvel should only exist with Guardians and Captain Marvel (maybe) leave the Avengers out of it, its what ruined Cosmic Marvel in the comics.
>>
>>69134777
The references to the Avengers helped make Ant-Man more interesting in this case.
>>
>>69134557
Hell, I even really liked that they even treated Widow much better this time around by treating her the same way they do Cap and Bucky
>>
>>69134819
that sounds horrible
>>
>>69134516
He agreed because Tony pointed out that Cap and his friends would wreck and "boys and bullets" that Ross sent after him. Also Ross is not above using people with powers to hunt others down, the Hulk movie is canon in this universe. The fact that Ross isnt in the Raft himself is bullshit.
>>
File: civil war spidey2.jpg (495 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
civil war spidey2.jpg
495 KB, 1200x1200
Better eyes, better chest spider.
>>
>>69133478
But he also was sure that nothing would happen, since he thought his Ironman suit is the most dangerous weapon on earth.
He main argument at the congress was, that nothing could happen as long as no one was able to replicate the ironman suit.
Also he was still pretty carefree in IM2.
>>
>>69133365
>Possibly the best Marvel movie thus far.

Ever notice Marvel shills say this every time Marvel shits out a new movie?
>>
>>69134835
They sorted out Black Widow's combat a LOT in this one. Very acrobatic, used throws and struck moreso with elbows, knees and feet. Much more believeable and also fun to watch imo. Her thing was having amazing reflexes and stuff rather than being weirdly strong like she was in previous movies. Also helped that it all looked way better, don't know if they hired a really good stunt Widow or something but it all looked good.
>>
File: 1461773688097.png (364 KB, 935x423) Image search: [Google]
1461773688097.png
364 KB, 935x423
>>69134847
>>
>>69133478
>comparing IM2 'I have fought some cheap copy of my own suits' Tony to 'I have carried a nuclear bomb through a worm hole and killed millions of aliens while fist fighting with a god in the woods' Tony
>>
File: ANTS.gif (226 KB, 238x206) Image search: [Google]
ANTS.gif
226 KB, 238x206
>>69134036
>Ant man was fucking awful
What a shit opinion.
>>
>>69134905
>wahhh
>>
>"I’m portraying someone who’s a very broken guy but his facade is that he’s confident. So to say that he’s just a facade is kind of to short-change how human we all are."
what did he mean by that
>>
>>69134531
I liked watching his guard almost fight Black Widow and he went "as much as Id like to see that happen..." also I liked the moment between him and his dad (IMO way better than the comics version of their relationship) also I am pretty sure he heard Zemo confess to doing it all before he turned. He mentioned to Zemo after hearing him out himself that everyone is being destroyed by their own need for revenge... his father even believed that death was not the end so his desire for revenge was emotional; Black Panther is a king so he cant be emotional in his thoughts. I did like that he spared Zemo because it means that he is doing what his father wanted. The script was really good and I can def see how people miss things on the first viewing.

My favourite parts had to be when you see the false flashback of Tony's last moment with his parents, he's wearing a Mr. Softee shirt when he grows up to be fucking Iron Man... all of Team Cap wearing literal Caps in scenes. The Directors are really good at visual cues. I still dont get why reviewers are so mixed about the start vs the 2nd and third act.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (431 KB, 1494x1072) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
431 KB, 1494x1072
I spent time of my life doing this stupid tumblr worthy meme picture, end my life.
>>
>>69134547
XMFD, you got me there. WInter Soldier is a literal fugitive and all events leading to his capture are legit (despite the frame job he was wanted before and would have been arrested so you got me).

Fuck the airport that was collateral damage and Ross had allowed Stark and his dudes to go after them, so maybe that falls into the accords.

Rhodes got shot down flying a mission, happens to soldiers so whatever.
>>
>post yfw OHOHOHOHOHO
>>
>>69134392
The Soviet Union still exists in the Marvel universe. It never collapsed.
>>
>>69134906
All you could see was her back
>>
The movie stunk. You have a great setup for a movie with interesting themes and discussions.... except it goes nowhere. By the end everyone is lovey dovey again. The movie might as well exist in a black hole. Tell me, what is the consequence of this movie? Absolutely nothing.

Instead of being a compelling movie it's just a cheap way to get heros to fight each other for 2 hours until the next cash in (Infinity War).
>>
>>69134569
Thunderbolts had a run in the comics with Ross (as red hulk) and his team was Elektra, Punisher, Agent Venom, Ghost Rider and someone else I cant remember... I think the brain dude from Hulk. In either case, I can see Ross with a team of villain characters ala suicide squad with the rest of the avengers (team Iron Man) and then of course shit goes side ways and the Avengers get kicked out the Thunderbolts reunite with the (Team Cap) Avengers and they win out, thunderbolts get disbanded by the accords but Ross still sticks around and creates the Dark Avengers because Hulk comes back and Universal gets to do one more Hulk Movie.
>>
>>69135034
Stark actually makes that point when Hawkeye is mouthing him off, and it is telling that Clint had no real reply to that.
>>
>>69134974

I also like the continuing shield imagery. With how it was all dirty and stained in Winter Soldier until he stops being a SHIELD operative and becomes Captain America again, to the shield being visibly scarred in CW when he abandons it
>>
>>69134804
Marvel/Disney def cut Sony a check already for an unspecified amount. And Marvel/Disney def get all the money from merchandise in the deal, hence they push the fuck out of Spider-man in their Disney Channel cartoons... hell they even cut the X-men toons because they dont get money from those toys.
>>
File: problematic.gif (939 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
problematic.gif
939 KB, 500x282
>>69134999
>That pic
TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
>>69135049
Was this from the movie or were you referencing the Dawn of Just video?
>>
>>69134999
10/10
>>
>>69134999
hahhaah i like it\
>>
File: 1461336078530.webm (281 KB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
1461336078530.webm
281 KB, 300x252
>>69134999
That actually looks really good.
Noice.
>>
>>69135080
>what is the consequence of this movie?

Avengers team split in half, with Cap and his people being fugitives and exiles.
>>
>>69134999
it's quite good
>>
>>69134860
He let them have the war machine suit and entrusted it to Rhodes, Stark is heavy on helping the government... he wouldnt be their hitman or whatever and wouldnt share his tech with weapon companies that was the extent of it. He literally did build them the Iron Patriot, as it stands the U.S. Government has at least 3 Iron Man suits (War Machine from second movie, Iron patriot from Iron Man 3 unless it was totally destroyed but Im sure they have parts and weapons to outfit Rhodes and the new War Machine unit from this movie) I could be wrong and it could only be that the war machine unit is upgrades but that still leaves the Iron Patriot (possibly) and all the parts and weapons to outfit the War Machine after it goes out on missions.
>>
>>69135226
It's a reference to Chris Evans playing some fun card games.
>>
Quipkino.
>>
>>69135226
it's Ant Mans best line
>>
>>69135069
There are people in this board right now who think that the cold war ended.
>>
File: VISION OF COLLATERAL DAMAGE.jpg (133 KB, 1024x588) Image search: [Google]
VISION OF COLLATERAL DAMAGE.jpg
133 KB, 1024x588
>>69134547
>>cripple black ironman

If Falcon didn't dodge the beam it would have blown a hole through his backpack and torso before hitting Black Man anyway.
>>
>>69135285
>>69135303
I can't seem to remember which part of the movie it's from, I need more clues.
>>
>>69135147
Clint got BTFO there, "that didnt used to be us" and you are right I should have remembered what Tony said to him... I dont get why people said this was a bad script (Grace Randolph lol) when everything is addressed with useful and believable throw away lines.
>>
>>69135268
Wew, what balls they have to do that. Enthralling.
>>
>>69135345
It was bound to hit 1 black guy, his magic earth to nigger ray won't stop until it does.
>>
>>69135186
Yes, that was really well done. I did not like that part with Tony being beaten "you dont deserve that shield my father made it" and then the letter that Cap sends him makes Tony look like a dick. Cap is just interested in helping people, Tony is too caught up in his own eg.... oh wait WIdow called him out on that, fuck this movie was good.
>>
>>69135345
Vision is a huge racist... when he tells Tony that it was a mistake and Tony is "I didnt think that was possible" and he just says "neither did I" it was bullshit, Vision knows how to lie and was probably trying to kill a black dude to save Wanda from being blacked... also greetings from /pol/
>>
>>69135400
The fuck are you talking about? steve's letter is fanfic tier writing. "I thought I was protecting you but I really was protecting myself" what the fuck does that even mean? It was a lame way to try and end the movie on a hopeful note. it's telling rather than showing how steve feels about everything that happened.

And that line about tony's ego from black widow didn't make any goddamn sense either. this was the one movie wherein tony's ego doesn't come into play -- it's all about his guilt.
>>
File: 1461880949883.jpg (212 KB, 700x686) Image search: [Google]
1461880949883.jpg
212 KB, 700x686
>>69134006
>Their dynamic really appeals to me. It's a story about the bonds of brotherhood between these two men and their undying loyalty to them no matter what they face. It might be corny to some, but I still feel moved by a well crafted story about the strength of friendship. These are two men that have lost their lives, their entire worlds, but they still have a brother in one another. >>68864321
>>
>>69135268
I wonder how long that's going to stick since we won't see the whole team until Infinity, and that movie is sure going to focus more on the cosmic side than Ross's registration shit.
>>
File: 1462042473333.png (172 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
1462042473333.png
172 KB, 640x368
>>69135450
>Cap rescues all his team and they are now hiding in Wakanda
>Wanda is probably the only white girl in Black Panther's country
That sure backfired.
>>
>>69135361
>MOVIE HAS NO CONSEQUENCES ITS SHIT
>but dude, it had a pretty solid consequence
>IT WASNT CONSEQUENTICAL ENOUGH

Okay.
>>
>>69135534
Black Panther, Spiderman, Antman and the Wasp, those three at least will be quite affected by the Accords.
>>
>>69135541
Vision is a cunt so he deserves to be cucked.
>>
What's the point of Martin Freeman's character?

Is he is future villain or involved with HYDRA in some way?
>>
>>69135583
He'll be in the BP movie more than likely.
>>
>>69135568
He shifted the goal posts, that means he won.
>>69135583
Everett is a good boy.
>>
>>69133775
Sokovia?
That entire city was in rubble. Ultron probably killed god who knows how many. Had stark not created ultron...
He clearly was messing with alien tech he did not understand.
Stark and Banner are at fault. Stark moreso.
>>
>>69133365
i haven't seen it, but it seems pretty retarded how they're trying to sell a civil war movie, when the mcu avengers have only been a thing for 2 years at best in continuity, whilst being on actual mission a lot less. the whole universe seems too under-developed for a movie with so many characters in it who have don't have any apparent motivations ( correct me if i'm wrong ), and yet too few character to be a civil war movie ( an event in which characters and relationships had been established for more than 40 years/10 years in continuity )
>>
>how to fuck up Ant-Man in one cameo
Lang's entire goal in his movie was to be able to get back to his daughter right
Well now he's a worldwide terrorist
Oh and Hank Pym was just okay with him doing what he did I suppose

Fuck me man
>>
>>69135345

The idea was clip Falcon enough to knock out the engine, he has wings and his pack has a chute built in, like we saw in WS (I'm pretty sure Rhodey said something like "make him a glider") but Vision took a wild overpowered shot and didn't stop it before hitting War Machine because he wasn't thinking straight
>>
>>69135583
He's set up for Black Panther.
They are allies in the comics and he's basically a more comedic relief, while Black Panther is much more serious.
>>
>>69134182
This. Who knows how Wakandian sounds like.
>>
>>69135568
>Implying we are the same posters

You might be right that Captain America and friends are now on the run. But I bet this is quickly resolved and never mentioned again. Just like every other Marvel movie.
>>
>>69135541
actually, what happens if Wanda would blow up something in Wakanda, how long would people there tolerate them? and when enough people are dead because of collateral damage and want them out of the country, where would they go then?
>>
>>69134182
Apparently Boseman worked for months mixing African accents of the areas where Wakanda is to get he one he has in Civil War.
>>
>>69135583

He's some security expert/liason on Wakanda and works a lot with Black Panther. So he was there mostly to set up for the Panther movie.
>>
>>69135628
His goal was to be a cuckold and be allowed to spend time with his daughter. He is a local hero despite putting them in danger so they will allow him to continue seeing her if he wants they are all complicit. Also p.sure violating the accords does not make you a terrorist, it makes you too dangerous to be let out, in the case of non powered people like Hawkeye and them they can just force them to retire by taking their shit. P.sure Hank is going to be pissed a.f. that Tony certainly has/had access to his tech though. Hope that Ant Man and Wasp address this at some point.
>>
>>69135699
Well, she didn't provoke the explosion in Civil War, she was just containing one and failed to do so.
It's not like her powers just blew something up, so she'll be fine.
>>
>>69135628
Remember Scott wasn't recruited to beat up Iron Man and his people, they brought him on to find and stop the five Winter Soldiers, which was potentially some serious shit
>>
>>69133365
Zemo was the best part of the movie. And most of the fights looked like shit, desu.
>>
>>69135634
he was. he wanted to kill someone to make the rest of them respect that Wanda is his...
>>
>>69133775
>>what happens at the beginning of civil war
>ok, wanda kinda fucked up, but if she didn't repell the explosion more people would have died
it's not necessarily what Wanda did or failed to do, it's the team independently staging a mission in a place full of civilians. if the UN was involved, they could have issued an evacuation order after Crossbone made his move. and the local authorities would also be called in to help secure the hospital area so as to ensure Crossbones doesn't escape.
>>
>>69135623
>the whole universe seems too under-developed for a movie with so many characters in it who have don't have any apparent motivations

The characters all have motivations/reasons, and the simple fact is, the movie is not an adaption of the comic of the same name. It doesn't take anything from it except the core premise of regulation of super-humans leading to conflict between heroes.
>>
>>69135753
yeah but what if something similar happens a few times, you know trying to help but screwing up?
>>
File: 14619799122.png (869 KB, 1360x727) Image search: [Google]
14619799122.png
869 KB, 1360x727
>>69135833
I doubt she'll use her powers much after all what happened in Civil War.
And even then, it's not sure if they are all hiding in Wakanda, or if Cap was just there to say goodbye to Bucky.
>>
>>69135616
I was surprised in AoU that SHIELD didn't come around the new HQ to take Tony into custody. he really royally fucked up.
>>
>>69135873
>her smile and optimism: gone
>>
>>69135541

You mean Blackfired.
>>
>>69135501
The fact that Cap knew Tony would not believe him about WS being set up. the fact that it took the computer telling Tony and showing him proof and feeding him the set up for him to go "Rogue" on Ross. the Fact that he literally took Cap's shield back, the fact that he risked helping Cap stop the dude that framed WS and caused the entire mess because Cap KNEW that his parents had been murdered... yeah no ego issues at all buddy.
>>
>>69135902
kek like Superman?

I think the tragedy in CW is what leads her to seek out Dr. Strange, to help her control her powers.
>>
>>69135541
XMFD
>>
>>69135801
THIS. so hard. Cap and his team are fucking dumb a.f. they have intel on a theft of something and dont try to contain the situation? They would have been fine had they called the police before the infiltration.
>>
>>69135873
They should do the comic story where Dr. Strange trains Magik to use her powers,... but instead of Magik he trains Scarlet Witch... would be a nice fuck you to Fox at the same time.
>>
>>69135943

Being enraged at the guy carrying his fathers legacy as his symbol hiding from him that his father and more importantly his mother were brutally murdered by the person he's unconditionally defending isn't ego, man.

Tony demanding that shield back was pretty justified.
>>
>>69135943
that was just Cap being a dumb shit
>>
>>69136060
Yes, sure thing... because it really is that simple right? Tony is considerably smarter to realize that its not that simple, being mad that he didnt tell him that his parents were murdered is one thing, but saying "you dont deserve it" to Cap because of how he feels is bullshit.
>>
>>69136001
Cap didn't do it because he doesn't trust ANYONE except for his team/Avengers, a result from his experiences in TWS.
>>
it sure is weird. captain america won but he only won since its 2v1
>>
>>69136114
Tony nor Ross believed it. Ross is a huge shit head so that's understandable that its better for him not to believe things that benefit his world view. But Tony not believing him was a rational thing for him to assume. The fact that Cap believed Bucky on his word not on any proof (yet) and yeah Cap was dumb, but not for knowing that Tony wouldnt side with him. Then again Tony should not have agreed with him as some anon mentioned up top, helping WS is illegal a.f. and there really was no situation going south at the moment, just Bucky saying that this guy who framed him was going to wake up some more Winter Soldiers... so fuck it, you're right... Cap was an idiot. Im Team Iron Man anyway, just dont like that Tony gets to go Rogue one second and then being a dick over "muh feels' is kinda shit even if he is in the right in the grand scheme of things (Cap wouldnt get to keep the shield in jail lol)
>>
>>69136219
would have been a fair fight but unlike other black people Wakandans arent into jumping into fights lol. But ironically guys from Brooklyn would 2 v 1 a rich dude.
>>
File: frozensteve.jpg (71 KB, 500x314) Image search: [Google]
frozensteve.jpg
71 KB, 500x314
How do you think Tony and Steve will reconcile in Infinity Wars, /tv/?
>>
>>69136297
Tony will get hit with an EMP and the only thing that works is that shitty burner phone that Cap gifted him so he uses it to call Spider-Man who had a change of heart and calls Cap and then Tony is forced to work with them against Ross and his Thunderbolts team... that's what would be cool... but it'll probably be "object coming from space... its Thanos he's coming to do it himself" VIsion gets taken over by his gem, he goes to Thanos and kneels, Thanos just rips the jewel from his head and calls him a cuck, Vision powers down and then the infinity wars (title pending) begin.
>>
File: tumbling down tumbling down.jpg (665 KB, 1898x900) Image search: [Google]
tumbling down tumbling down.jpg
665 KB, 1898x900
Being Tony is suffering.
>>
File: What the fuck am I reading.png (238 KB, 491x451) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck am I reading.png
238 KB, 491x451
>>69136380
>VIsion gets taken over by his gem, he goes to Thanos and kneels,
>>
>>69136297
Tony gets over his lust for revenge and realizes that Bucky was brainwashed. would be interesting if it was actually him that "cures" Bucky.
>>
What is the purpose of this character?
>>
>>69136519
He's actually an analyst for the IMF.
>>
>>69136519
get Wanda out since he was the first Avenger to really form a connection with her.
>>
>>69136519
sluts
>>
>>69136540
>get Wanda out since he was the only Avenger to really form a connection with her.
Cap's somewhat protective of her, Vision seems like he just pervs on her, everyone else was indifferent to her
>>
>>69136540
But then I'm gonna ask what is the purpose of Wanda in this
>>
>>69136519

Team Dad

The role actually suits him well
>>
>>69136519
sluts and arrow antman combo
>>
>>69136572
to stop team iron man from beating cap into the dust
>>
>>69136572
To fuck up.
>>
>>69136563
this
>>
>>69136568
Tony's also protective of her since he doesn't want her to experience what happened to him when that parent of one of the casualties in Sokovia blamed the Ultron catastrophe on him. that shit tore him up.

in the meeting with Ross he was just sulking in the background and covered completely in shadow, which I thought was a pretty nice way to convey how Tony was feeling without the use of dialog.
>>
>>69136477
;_;

i still cant believe how good his character arc is
>>
>>69136219

Tony wanted to rip Bucky limb from limb but not hurt Cap.

Have a look at the Iron Man and Avenger movies. If he'd really gone in guns blazing there would have been dick all Cap or Bucky could do to avoid death.

This being said they set things up to show that Tony is running on pure rage at the end of the movie, so him not bringing his A game makes perfect sense too.
>>
>>69133580
>it could have been prevented had they talked for, I don't know, five minutes

This is a problem with a lot of movies.
>>
>>69134999
First thing I've laughed at on /tv/ in a while. Well done.
>>
>>69136847
they talked when Iron Man asked Cap to sign the accords, that didnt end well because Iron man wanted to lock up some of their team mates due to them being potentially dangerous. Cap was convinced that Stark woudlnt listen and seeing Stark's reaction at the end it seems that Cap knows Stark quite well.
>>
>>69136779

He wasn't even really going full force against Cap until Friday yelled at him
>>
>>69136502
His glasses hypocampus whatever thing could end up being the thing that cures Bucky? I'd actually be really impressed if they wrote that in to be used for that purpose in the future.
>>
>>69133478
>What is character development
>>
>>69136519
I still can't believe this guy isn't dead yet. At this point, I think Marvel is just rubbing it in DC's face.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.