[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>And then the warehouse scene happened and I forgave the movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 19
File: image.png (310 KB, 2560x1070) Image search: [Google]
image.png
310 KB, 2560x1070
>And then the warehouse scene happened and I forgave the movie in its entirety.

Who else felt this way? The final act saved the film honestly.
>>
>>69131719
Who the fuck are you quoting?
>>
The final act turned the entire thing into a comedy.
Good job Snyder.
>>
>>69131719
Nah, but it gave me hope for the standalone batman movie
>>
>>69131719
>implying I'm paying money to see capeshit in theaters
>>
>>69131719
>doomsday saved the film

kill yourself mouthbreather. While that scene was visceral the rest was just DCEU being force fed to us.
>>
>>69131758
How.
>>
>>69131719
That warehouse scene was probably better than the actual Batman vs Superman fight, and we've already seen it from the trailer.
>>
>>69131818
By being a big dumb cgi fest with absolutely no emotional connection drawn with the viewer whatsoever, it's like the movie gives up on its own (failed) attempt at being gritty and dark and deep and just takes a turn towards pure schlock.
Hilarious tbqhwy
>>
>>69131879
>By being a big dumb-

I never stopped reading something so fast in my life holy shit.
>>
>>69131807

>doomsday saved the film

That's not what he said tho
>>
>>69131838
>probably
Daily reminder most of the people on /tv/ are fuckwits like this who have opinions about films they haven't seen.

This board needs to be nuked
>>
I liked the beginning montage and battle of Metropolis. Middle of the film was too convoluted, and the only good thing was the Luthor's party and TV discussion about Superman. The last act was pretty good. I'm not American and I heard people sobbing in the cinema during Funeral scene

Different Lex, simplier plan and more motivation for Clark. Also get rid of Kingthmare and the "presentation of JL" it killed the momentum.
>>
>>69131951
What was the third act doing aside from a giant CGI battle you idiotic mouthbreather?
>>
>>69131963
So doomsday... ruined the film? resurrected the last kryptonian, then kill off another one.
>>
>>69131719
If a movie needs to be saved at the end, then it was shit to begin with. I expect a movie to be awesome from start to finish. Payoffs or redemptions are bullshit.
>>
>>69131997

Again that's not what he said, OP said nothing about Doomsday.
>>
>>69131719
It's a slow and restrained buildup to a fantastic climax.
>>
BvS is so smart! It has symbolisms and shit
Nevermind the awful structure.
>>
>>69131964
I have seen it. Just wasn't sure which one is better since they're pretty close. I didn't like how the actual fight ended since it felt like a WWE match with Batman throwing Supes around and hitting him with a sink.
>>
>>69132016
WAREHOUSE SCENE SAVED THE MOVIE, only to be killed once again shortly after by doomsday.
>>
>>69131975

>The last act was pretty good. I'm not American and I heard people sobbing in the cinema during Funeral scene

Shit that never happened.
>>
>>69131719
One scene can't redeem an entire movie when that one scene works best as a standalone thing. Just further proof of how shittily made this movie was.
>>
>>69131964
How many signatures do you think we'd need to convince moot to delete this board?
I could start a petition up on Change.org now.
>>
>>69131963
Final act is doomsday fight and the scenes about the death of superman
>>
File: hqdefault (0).jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (0).jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>69131951
>Unironically defending BvS
What a retard
>>
>>69131977
At one point when the doomsday situation was getting completely out of control, Superman attempted to take the monster off planet, having learned his mistakes from the previous film. This entire scenario was created from HIS decision to murder Zod, and he is completely responsible for stopping doomsday. All plot points converge on this, culminating with the United States launching a fucking nuke. Superman, who's in orbit when he sees the missile, immediately grasps the situation and decides possibly sacrifice himself in the blast. If moments like this are beyond your grasp I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>69132045
Suprisingly it did. We were at the cinema with a bunch of friends and the sobbing one was the only person that didn't like the movie.

>You know Anon, it was Superman after all.

Shit, I can tell you that at least 5 people cried on that scene.
>>
>>69132023
i'm pretty sure batman fighting thugs in a warehouse falls far short of a fantastic climax
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>69132094
>actually believes that describing what happens during the dumb CGI fest makes it less of a dumb CGI fest
You capekino shitters are hilarious.
>>
The warehouse scene was the only truly great part in the whole film. Even the BvS fight sucked by comparison.

It wasn't like Godzilla 2014 where the film had heaps of faults and then was kinda saved by the fantastic payoff at the end.

If the BvS fight, warehouse fight and Doomsday were all as good as the warehouse fight then maybe but 1/3 wasn't enough
>>
>>69132126
>capekino

Using words like that makes you hilarious, you ignorant hipster millennial
>>
>>69132126
>image reply
>greentext

Go away summer, some of us are trying to have a discussion.
>>
The warehouse scene and the scene of Bruce in Metropolis were the only redeemable scenes from the entire movie. Everything else was a fucking mess.

I honestly still can't tell if Zach Snyder meant to make Batman a murderer vigilante instead of the usual I DON'T KILL Batman. He has Alfred make such a big stink about the branding situation (which doesn't even make any sense to me because why would other criminals who were put in there by Batman kill someone Batman wants them to kill? Pedophiles and shit already have it fucking terrible in prison as it is, bat brand unnecessary) saying how overboard and cruel Batman had become by sentencing like the second guy ever to death in jail? the first one he branded was in critical condition according to the news report. Is death by jail shankings that big of a deal when Batman nonchalantly blows them up or runs them over in his Batmobile?
>>
File: 1459785150834.jpg (23 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1459785150834.jpg
23 KB, 604x311
>>69132158
>Serious discussion on Snyder capeshit
>>
>>69131719
Why didn't the flamethrower guy fry Clark's mom while Batman was fighting all those dudes? He had plenty of time.
>>
>>69132190
Fucking predictable 2015+ posters.
>>
>>69132094
you saying Superman learned from his mistakes doesnt mean the movie actually did that, right? because I never got the sense of anything superman ever did or his mindset at all from either this or MoS.

I mean nothing Im gonna say will make you see reason, but hey maybe your 5 paragraph essay response will be so delusional that Ill get a good laugh out of it.
>>
File: dc_0.png (97 KB, 735x608) Image search: [Google]
dc_0.png
97 KB, 735x608
>>69132241
If all you've got to defend your shitposts is how long you've been here then you've never been a valuable poster, mouthbreather.
>>
>>69132154
t. millennial
>>
>>69132205

because he was probably looking for an excuse not to do it, and knew that if he did batman would break his spine in 5 places instead of just 1
>>
File: 1427977541575.gif (1 MB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
1427977541575.gif
1 MB, 350x272
>>69132185
>Bruce in Metropolis
>redeemable scene

>"Sir? There's a giant machine right outside pounding the city into dust. Should we get out of here?"
>"Nah, get back to work. We can't leave until Mr. Wayne says it's ok."
>>
>>69132185
Agreed. I kinda wish they did away with the alleyway murder montage and had the titles play over the metropolis sequence.

Although that would've just fixed the opening. It just got worse from there.
>>
>>69132291
Yes, everything about the people inside of the Wayne building was fucking retarded, no argument from me, but I think it's redeemable because with small changes it could have been very good all the way through. I think there's good character stuff happening with Bruce, the scene is one of the few in the movie that actually lets the audience settle into a location and lets the scene develop, and some of the iconography is really fucking cool. Blatant trailer shot, but Bruce running into the dust cloud while everyone else runs away was really, really striking and cool.

But yes, Bruce having to tell that guy to get people to get out of the building while he just casually watches an alien machine tear up a literal city block was retarded. And him staying in the building when everyone else seemed to be out so Zach could beat us over the head with the beginnings of his religious crap was retarded too.

But the scene is redeemable. Not redeeming, redeemable.
>>
>>69132291
Yeah. Kinda says something when even the parts I like contain fucking retarded shit
>>
>>69132377
Perry White does the same shit in MoS. Waits until it's a block away from them before evacuating.
>>
>>69132249
And you saying the reverse of what i say doesn't mean anything either.

>5 paragraphs

Lol whatever you say. My paragraph spent more time on topic and made my argument. You devoted half of yours to your little insult.

>But hey

Why am I laughing so hard at this? Did you smirk to yourself as you typed that part? This is the part when I post that fat fedora guy but I'm over 25 I don't do that shit anymore.
>>
After reading the thread, how can you people exist?

Your all such massive faggots just trying to get one in on each other. Yeah eisenburg was a really gay lex Luther, other than that how can you take seriously the plot points and drama in a movie about a fucking comic hero? What did you expect Shawahank?

Smh tbqh senpai
>>
>>69132511
>made my argument
>my argument is describing what cgi animation in a movie for children is trying to convey
Capeshit rots your mind in such horrible ways.
>>
>>69132563
>repeat in greentext
>rephrase what I say entirely
Insult

Hey this is easy! I cracked the code!
>>
I didn't because I never disliked the movie. I also didn't fly into an autistic rage about 'muh comicbooks,' 'muh superheroes,' 'zack the hack cant play with muh toys like that!'
>>
>>69132612
>being this defensive of your opinions on capeshit
>>
>>69132612
This. If anything you're more foolish for trying to explain anything to anyone here.
>>
>>69132649
>Ok now, any response he gives here, no matter how juvenile it makes me look, I'll call HIM defensive.

The 4chan formula for argument is fool-proof.
>>
File: 1461035871141.jpg (63 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1461035871141.jpg
63 KB, 480x720
>>69132703
You have to go back.
>>
>>69131964
Lmao can you imagine misreading a post this bad? It almost seems intentional
>>
the final act was doomscuck

and no not even some dank batman scenes was able to save the movie

absolute fucking mess

i still feel like there was potential hiding inside the garbage pile but zack made sure it was buried good and deep

really makes you appreciate what nolan was able to achieve - despite the memes and repeated viewings which have ruined the charm of his trilogy
>>
>>69131768
better hope snyder doesn't make it or batman is fucked. literally.
>>
>>69131719
fucking what? that warehouse scene wasn't even that great. everyone around me is orgasming uncontrollably about it and i thought it was kind of boring. it just seemed like another beat 'em up action movie scene. even the parts that should have made it unique seemed typical. snyder really fucked up this one.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 469x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 469x500
>>69131719
>mfw batman grunts after being shot in the head and stabbed in the shoulder.
>>
>>69131719
That fight only got good when it was down to batman and the last four guys.
>>
File: BRUIIISE.jpg (60 KB, 754x644) Image search: [Google]
BRUIIISE.jpg
60 KB, 754x644
>>69131719
Look, the Martha rescue is the greatest Batman sequence ever. But lets not pretend that it "saved the film." Everything about the set-up to that sequence was fucking retarded.
>WHY EXACTLY DID SUPERMAN TRUST THAT BATMAN, A DESTRUCTIBLE HUMAN THAT CAN'T FLY, COULD LOCATE, TRAVEL TO, AND RESCUE MARTHA IN 10 fucking MINUTES? NOT TO MENTION THE TIME HE HAD TO HAVE SPENT REMOVING THE FUCKING SUPEBUSTER ARMOR. IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN 10 MINUTES JUST TO GET TO THE BAT CHOPPER AND TAKE OFF THE ARMOR.
>WHAT EXACTLY DID SUPERMAN DO IN THE MEANTIME? HE FLIES OFF FROM THE WAREHOUSE, THEN IS JUST SHOWN ARRIVING AT THE SPACESHIP AFTER BATMAN ALMOST EXPLODED HIS MOTHER. HE LITERALLY DID NOTHING IN THE MEANTIME.
>IF MARTHA WAS LITERALLY WITHIN 1 MINUTE OF TRAVEL TIME AWAY BY BAT CHOPPER, HOW DID SUPERMAN NOT HEAR THEM? HE HEARD LOIS IN TROUBLE IN fucking AFRICA, BUT DIDN'T HEAR THE GANG OF BADMEN SHARPENING THEIR GUNS OR WHATEVER A FEW BLOCKS AWAY?

No matter how great a fight sequence is, when everything that sets it up is fucking retarded, it's retarded by proxy.
>>
File: the dude.jpg (317 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
the dude.jpg
317 KB, 1200x800
>>69132853
yea when he got shot in the head i rewound that little part like five times
>>
>>69134459
I did the same when batman was surrounded by those four dudes.

>That slash to the neck
>>
>>69134245
>WHY EXACTLY DID SUPERMAN TRUST THAT BATMAN, A DESTRUCTIBLE HUMAN THAT CAN'T FLY, COULD LOCATE, TRAVEL TO, AND RESCUE MARTHA IN 10 fucking MINUTES?
Because the destructable human that cant fly just kicked the shit out of a literal god and has clearly shown himself to be very capable all round.

And also because you faggots cried so much about le man of murder ebbin necksnappah tell that to le zods neck WHY DID HE ALLOW A SINGLE PERSON TO DIE that Superman must now be shown to risk everything to save more civilians.
I mean really it was that batman obv. couldnt take on doomsday/luthor so the only option was to have batman go after mommy.

>HE HAD TO HAVE SPENT REMOVING THE FUCKING SUPEBUSTER ARMOR.
And nobody ever has to take a shit or use the toilet, fucking movies. Every time.

>>WHAT EXACTLY DID SUPERMAN DO IN THE MEANTIME? HE FLIES OFF FROM THE WAREHOUSE, THEN IS JUST SHOWN ARRIVING AT THE SPACESHIP AFTER BATMAN ALMOST EXPLODED HIS MOTHER. HE LITERALLY DID NOTHING IN THE MEANTIME.
Because the human mind is incapable of observing more than one thing happening at the same time we perceive time as a straight line.
In turn this means that for the purpose of conveying that two scenes happen at the same time in movies sometimes they are shot in sequence as opposed to shown simultaneously using methods such as split screen.
The director trusts the audience to be mature enough to realise this.

>>IF MARTHA WAS LITERALLY WITHIN 1 MINUTE OF TRAVEL TIME AWAY BY BAT CHOPPER, HOW DID SUPERMAN NOT HEAR THEM? HE HEARD LOIS IN TROUBLE IN fucking AFRICA, BUT DIDN'T HEAR THE GANG OF BADMEN SHARPENING THEIR GUNS OR WHATEVER A FEW BLOCKS AWAY?

Still fucked up from inhaling kryptonite?
It's fucking superman, the answer is always eithe kryptonite or supercharged from solar radiation.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTuyfQ5CR4Q

Thoughts on this? I actually thought the kryptonite bullets are legit ideas. Why didn't Bruce made them?
>>
>>69134602

Would have triggered his PTSD even worse
>>
File: REEEEEEE.jpg (123 KB, 752x1213) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEE.jpg
123 KB, 752x1213
>>69134533
>Because the destructable human that cant fly just kicked the shit out of a literal god and has clearly shown himself to be very capable all round.
10 MINUTES.
>And also because you faggots cried so much about le man of murder ebbin necksnappah tell that to le zods neck WHY DID HE ALLOW A SINGLE PERSON TO DIE that Superman must now be shown to risk everything to save more civilians.
YEAH SURE BLAME THE VICTIM.
>Because the human mind is incapable of observing more than one thing happening at the same time we perceive time as a straight line.
IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN SUPERMAN LITERALLY 2 SECONDS, TAKING HIS TIME, TO GET TO ZOD. IT TOOK HIM 10 MINUTES. WE KNOW THIS BECAUSE HE ARRIVES AT THE SAME TIME THAT BATMAN CALLS LEX ON THE BADMAN PHONE.
>The director trusts the audience to be mature enough to realise this.
FUCKING KEK. SUPERMAN TAKES A SHIT FOR 10 MINUTES WHILE BATMAN ALMOST KILLS HIS MOM.
>Still fucked up from inhaling kryptonite?
FLEW AWAY FROM THE WAREHOUSE WITH EASE.
>It's fucking superman, the answer is always eithe kryptonite or supercharged from solar radiation.
OR, IN THIS INSTANCE, THE ANSWER IS THAT THE DIRECTOR IS A THOUGHTLESS RETARD.
>>
>>69134533
you have a lot of heart explaining what should be obvious to anybody with an IQ in the low 90s but this guy>>69134245 is a retard and you are wasting your breath
>>
>>69134602

>8 minutes

Remember when these things were 2 minutes tops?
>>
>>69134673
But he kills people now. Shouldn't he be over that? Also he made a kryptonite grenade launcher, which is basically a gun.
>>
File: STAUP.jpg (58 KB, 853x353) Image search: [Google]
STAUP.jpg
58 KB, 853x353
>>69134699
HOW MANY RELIGIOUS PICTURES OF ZACK SNYDER DO YOU HAVE SAVED ON YOUR COMPUTER YOU BELLIGERENT DIPSHIT
>>
>>69132291

Being inside a sturdy, tall building is safer than running around on the streets where debris and shit is falling over you, dummy.
>>
File: 1460710235921.jpg (220 KB, 1440x1773) Image search: [Google]
1460710235921.jpg
220 KB, 1440x1773
>>69134749
uh uh uh none

dude calm down with the caps they arent helping you make your argument, you look like a butthurt faggot who should be getting ready for school
>>
File: nooooooooooooooo autism alt.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nooooooooooooooo autism alt.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
>>69134800
OH NO THE DCuck BVS APOLOGIST TRIED TO INSULT ME.
>>
>>69131719
>when batman pulls out the knife and the music kicks in and walks toward that last thug.

Do you shiv, /tv/, or spit in his face?
>>
>>69134459
are you 12?
>>
>>69135142
there was music? must not have been any good (it wasn't) because i don't remember any music.
>>
>>69135261
There was, although it wasnt very loud. The Batman theme played throughout that scene.

This instagram posted some of the warehouse scenes, you can hear the music playing very quietly in the background:
https://www.instagram.com/dc_cinema/
>>
>>69135465
oh right. the batman "theme."

DUNNNN DUNNNN DUNNNN
DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN
DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN
DUNNNN DUNNNN DUNNNN
DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNN
or something like that.
>>
>>69135504
Are you tone deaf?
>>
>when he punches that guy so hard he slams face first into the floor

batflec is cool as shit
>>
File: gif 22.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
gif 22.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>69135525
>gives accurate criticism of bvs batman "theme"
>>
>>69135504
mother fucking you couldnt be more wrong

>na na na na na na na na batman
>batman batman batman!!!
>>
>>69135630
more memorable than anything zimmer and XL puked out in bvs
>>
>>69135590
Thus I repeat the question. Is anon tone deaf?
>>
>>69135465
yo these scenes on dc's insta look like they were cut from a torrent hahaha
>>
File: whoops.webm (192 KB, 800x338) Image search: [Google]
whoops.webm
192 KB, 800x338
>>69135741
oh wait its not actually dc's insta
>>
File: z21.jpg (45 KB, 848x960) Image search: [Google]
z21.jpg
45 KB, 848x960
>>69135695
TRIGGERED 2.0

A SEQUEL! YES!
>>
>>69135828
Here ya go bud, remember now, your mother says no porn. Have fun!
https://www.reddit.com/
>>
File: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (70 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
70 KB, 720x720
>>69135630
>>69135590
>>69135504
Hey say what you want about the Batman theme, but it was serviceable. At least it wasn't the goddamn Wonder Woman theme.

>fwv Duh nuh neh ninaninaninanuhninaninanina nuh nee nee nee nuh reeeee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S176AKQhcCk
>>
>>69135921
good job getting yourself banned, i hope your witty retort was worth is lol
>>
File: rogered.jpg (39 KB, 717x720) Image search: [Google]
rogered.jpg
39 KB, 717x720
>>69135921
TRIGGERED 3.

you're shaping up a franchise now, anon.
>>
>>69135934
i was like
>when did this become 300?

i get that frank miller wrote both 300 and the source material for BVS and snyder directed both movies but cmon this was just bad..
everything about wonderwoman was bad

wonder woman and lex luthor really brought this movie down
>>
>>69135934
I'd hate to pound the new batman theme so hard into the ground by bringing up Elfman's theme, but that one said more with it's opening 5 notes than the bvs version did in it's entirety. The wonder woman theme is at least interesting for 5 seconds even if is it disjointed from the start.
>>
>>69135828
>>69135957
>says triggered
>is triggered
kek
>>
>>69131740

This OP
>>
>>69136078
TRIGGERED 4: THE CRACKDOWN
sorry, man. the 4th one is always where you start to lose your touch. at this point it's just a cash grab.
>>
>>69136131
>>69135828
>>69135957
>>69136131
>When anons try to be funny
This should be the movie you keep goin on about.
>>
>>69131719
After the warehouse scene I realized how much I wish I was watching a batman movie instead of this one.
>>
He beat the bejesus out of those men.
>>
>>69136356
When it comes to fight scenes Snyder knows what he's doing.
>>
>>69136381
When it comes to making a coherent movie to bridge the story between fight scenes, Snyder is a retard humping a door knob.
>>
None of the fights in the movie make any sense, except for the doomsday fight.
>>
>>69132841

Affleck is starring as Batman
Affleck is directing
Affleck is writing it

I'm pretty sure he takes care of lights and catering too
>>
>>69132094
lmfao
I even enjoyed BvS, but you're fucking delusional.
>>
>>69137588
How.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.