[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad will it be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: cdn.indiewire.psdops_com.jpg (72 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
cdn.indiewire.psdops_com.jpg
72 KB, 680x478
How bad will it be?
>>
Better than the cartoon.
>>
>>69120473
lucy 2.0 so pretty stupid

couldnt even afford one of the hot avengers
>>
Mediocre to bad.
>>
anime is for fucking manchildren
>>
>>69120904
should fit in with all the capeshit here then
>>
>>69120938
Mark my words, they will turn this adaptation into capeshit.
>>
reminder: pg-13
>>
i dont even see how it could be good. i just saw the original movie and it was fucking outstanding.
>>
>>69120473
It will be a brilliant kino that will also perform as a blockbuster and the anime canon will be raped and turned into mediocre movies for the next decade.
>>
>>69120473
its going to be VERY hard to capture the Laughing Man Arc.

I am not worried about Scar-Jo, i am worried about them cramming in the introduction of Section 9, and the laughing man saga, AND properly explaining the stand alone complex
>>
It probably will be bad, but not because

>Asians deserve film roles just for existing!!!
>>
File: 1459354892584.jpg (100 KB, 736x1057) Image search: [Google]
1459354892584.jpg
100 KB, 736x1057
>>69120992
This and the Scar-Jo casting should tell you right away how bad it will be.
>>
>>69120473
It's going to be shit. For whatever reason, people who make films cannot adapt another medium that isn't novels, whether they be anime, comics, or video games, and even then, only a select few are good. Granted, there are some exceptions, Deadpool, Mortal Kombat was alright, early Batman, and some others I'm sure. The things that could explain this are that the people who adapt into screenplays don't understand what makes people enjoy the the things they are trying to adapt, they don't respect the source material enough to give a proper representation of said franchise, or they want to change and "challenge" the material into their own viewpoint.
Case in point, they didn't even bother to have a Japanese actress play the lead role, never mind one who even closely resembles what the character should look like regardless of skin color or ethnic origin. That should already tell you how this movie will turn out.
>>
>>69120473
It's going to be so bad that hopefully they stop casting high profile actors because in execs minds theres zero risk in casting such a popular actress. It's PG 13, I mean the signs are there, it's going to fucking bomb.
>>
>>69122556
This right here, way better than ScarJo. I mean, yeah, her arms could use with a bit of toning, but this is the direction you should have gone with casting.
>>
File: marvin-gaye-01.jpg (575 KB, 2400x1649) Image search: [Google]
marvin-gaye-01.jpg
575 KB, 2400x1649
>>69120473
will we see loli scarjo at the end
>>
>>69122556
Two out of the eighty something post agree M.K should be some bodacious, purple haired bitch whose only purpose is to sexualy stimulate the audience. Forget the fact that she's actually a cyborg with no actual human body (since that's how she was born), and that she's the leader of an elite squad of human/cyborgs made up of nothing but males who only show feelings of envy or respect towards their leader.

This will not be a Lucy 2.0

Yes it's Scarjo. It will not be as good as we want it to be, but the film will turn out better than expected. Anyone screaming "whitewash" "scarjew" "hollywood" can just go stick it up their ass, senpai.

This movie will be good.

MAGA
A
G
A
>>
File: 1460367051986-fit.png (316 KB, 789x595) Image search: [Google]
1460367051986-fit.png
316 KB, 789x595
>>69123196
No
No
No

Never
>>
>>69120473
It won't be bad at all. The only people railing against it are a bunch of fucking weebs that are anal blasted over their waifu not being "properly represented."
>>
>>69120819
captain america? the weaboos where mad that she isn't Japanese. how the hell do you think they'd feel if she was a he
>>
I'll enjoy it. Even a mediocre movie can be enjoyable. I love the setting and they couldn't possibly fuck it up enough for me to not love it.

>inb4 "Yes they could"
They really couldn't.
>>
>>69120992
Yes, and? Robo-gore doesn't even count.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.