[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hated this movie, but I have trouble explaining why. Does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I hated this movie, but I have trouble explaining why.

Does anyone else here dislike it and have an explanation?
>>
>>69116959
the characters are all bad

the main character puts his friends in danger to get this girl he slept with and went out with once

they pick up the camera instead of running/helping friends

military acts very dumb (lets civilians go into warzone to save gf, flies right by the creature while its getting carpet bombed)
>>
>>69116959
for me, it was a bunch of normies doing illogical things during a crisis. also, motion sickness. I'm not saying it's an objectively bad movie, just not a movie I could relate to.
>>
>>69117055
>normies
fuck off reddit
>>
>>69117027
>the main character puts his friends in danger to get this girl he slept with and went out with once

No, he doesn't. At no point he urges them to come with him or deceives them into it.

And they were life long friends who ending up sleeping together once,
>>
>>69117079
I'm not leaving till you promise to vote for Bernie Sanders :)
>>
>>69117079
fuck off normie
>>
>>69116959
The only memorable parts were the ones designed to be cheap shock value (chick blowing up from getting bitten, camera guy getting ripped in half)

The movie doesn't get you invested. For example, I've noticed people often have a lot of trouble remembering the names of any of the characters.

They went too far in *not* wanting to explain things that are happening, leading to your brain just wanting to turn off.

The pre-release marketing was well-done and on the cutting edge of when movie companies were finding out about viral marketing via the internet, social media, etc. The hype was high and so, kinda like what happened with Phantom Menace's release, people came out of the movie thinking it was good when it wasn't, blinded by sheer excitement of finally having seen it. Watching it years later exposes this effect.
>>
>>69117129
Only a redditard newfag uses "normies". But what else can you expect from 2016 /tv/?
>>
>>69116959
annoying characters
people getting their friends and themselvesin danger by deciding to get the camera instead
dull monster design
>>
this movie suffers from the worst problems of the "found footage" genre.
>In almost every scene, the characters have to explain why the camera is there
> The camera shakes so much you can never see whats happening
>The characters always "come back" for the camera even when it makes no sense.
>The characters are nothing characters.

This movie is garbage
>>
>>69117153
>The pre-release marketing was well-done and on the cutting edge of when movie companies were finding out about viral marketing via the internet, social media, etc. The hype was high and so, kinda like what happened with Phantom Menace's release, people came out of the movie thinking it was good when it wasn't, blinded by sheer excitement of finally having seen it. Watching it years later exposes this effect.

oof, that's a good one. Definitely describes my experience with it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.