[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Vertigo so overrated? It's barely in Hitch's top 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: Hitchcok deep focus.jpg (116 KB, 591x668) Image search: [Google]
Hitchcok deep focus.jpg
116 KB, 591x668
Why is Vertigo so overrated? It's barely in Hitch's top 10
>>
>>69116211
Dumb meme
>>
What is the essential Hitcock film order list? I want to see if the hype is justified. Take in consideration that I'm a pleb and haven't watched any of his work.
>>
>>69116278

Psycho
North by Northwest
Rear Window

Vertigo
Shadow of a Doubt
Notorious

The Birds
The 39 Steps
The Lady Vanishes

Start with these
>>
>>69116211
everything hitchcock, actually. the hack was spielberg tier, at best.
>>
File: 1459135005773.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1459135005773.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>69117410
>>
Hitchcock is the most overrated director in history.
>>
>credible people praise vertigo
>Teen plebs on /tv/ hate vertigo

LE EBIN COINCIDENCE
>>
Vertigo is pretty great. I like Hitch baiting and switching you into watching a fucked up love story.
>>
File: 2-Rebeca.jpg (46 KB, 520x400) Image search: [Google]
2-Rebeca.jpg
46 KB, 520x400
>>69116278

Ignore that other anon.

Start with Rebecca. Rebecca is his first masterpiece and is accessible as fuck. Just a perfectly executed gothic thriller with a great performances by Olivier and one of the greatest female performances off all time from Joan Fontaine. She literally overshadows Laurence Olivier...
>>
>>69117410
IGETIT BECAUSE SPIELBERG WOULD SIT IN A ROOM WATCHING HITCHCOCK ALL DAY AND NIGHT AND IT WAS HIS INSPIRATION TO BECOME A DIRECTOR

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL U TROLLD MEME
>>
>>69117354

To Catch a Thief is top tier waifu material.
>>
>>69117510
I'm so fucking triggered rn,
kys f aggot
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
No one brings up man from the south for shame
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wHjULc9BKOQ
>>
>>69116211
I unironically agree 100%
>>
>>69116211
Psycho is more overrated.
>No one will be allowed to meme in the first 3 responses to op
>>
File: notorious-21.jpg (125 KB, 1095x825) Image search: [Google]
notorious-21.jpg
125 KB, 1095x825
Better question is why is Notorious so underrated?
>>
>>69117554
Critics also put CK on a pedestal when The Trial, Othello or F for Fake are objectively superior
>>
>>69117510
but nolan
>>
>>69117510
yep
>>
File: Notorious_1946.jpg (98 KB, 220x337) Image search: [Google]
Notorious_1946.jpg
98 KB, 220x337
>>69118437
Notorious is not really something you wanna watch when you first hear about it. I put off watching it for so long because I expected a dated woman-centric melodrama rather than a true spy flick. Bergman and Grant's chemistry is amazing in it, Ben Hecht's script is incredibly clever and modern and there are many moments of filmmaking brilliance . It's a lot more vicious and tense than you'd expect based on the posters or the fact that a woman is the lead.
>>
Rope is pure kino
>>
>>69116211
No one has yet mentioned his greatest work.
>Strangers on a Train
this movie is still very very relevant and even more relatable. The acting is superb, but on top of all of that, the writing will resonate with you.
I was a collaboration of Hitcock and the legend Raymond Chandler (who basically pioneered detective novels and tv shows)
>>
>>69116211
People actually have vertigo and the movie speaks to them.
>>
>>69119180
I don't know if you meant to, but it seems you used the word "modern" to mean good, and I don't like that.

>>69116211
It fights with Psycho as my favorite. It's slower paced than his others so you might need to be in the right mood for it. Seeing it again doesn't hurt either.

>>69116278
Vertigo may be his masterpiece, but it's not as accessible as most of his others. >>69117354 is a pretty good list. The first three are accessible masterpieces, the next ones are the cult classics. Shadow of a Doubt is flawed, but there's enough great scenes to make it worth watching.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.