[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whiplash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: whiplash.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
whiplash.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1333
I just finished watching it. I don't know how I feel about this movie as a movie itself, but in terms of musicality this is a fucking masterpiece. Also, the acting was passionate, not sure if Academy Award worthy since they forced it a few times, but the delivery of Miles Teller and especially JK Simmons was astonishing.

What do you guys think?
>>
would have been better without the "romance" stuff just a guy trying to be the best
>>
File: benoist.gif (598 KB, 245x265) Image search: [Google]
benoist.gif
598 KB, 245x265
>>69114755
I found the plot with the girl (whom I can't even remember the name) pretty pointless, it didn't even add any profoundity to Teller's character, but hey, it's Melissa Benoist.
>>
>>69114755
Like no one ever was?
>>
JK Simmons gave me chills. It completely reminded me of my old high school football coach. Also the Jazz was good too, I hope some of the kids who watched this went to check out Charlie Parker.

/tv/ needs to come up with a movie that will get niggers back into Jazz and out of hip-hop
>>
>>69114574
spoken like a music pleb.
>>
>>69115702
Caravan is an old Jazz Standard pretty much worshipped by every Jazz musician, go suck a dick NMH plebbit fag.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVt_1lGTUcg

"You're trying to win an Oscar?"
>>
>>69115771
Caravan is a Rush song that will kick your dick off for you you trans gendered basement dweller.
>>
>>69114574
from the thumbnail I thought it was Gilmour
>>
Reddit: The Movie
>>
>>69114755
>>69115197
Romantic subplots are literally unnecessary on 96% of the movies that have one.

Prove me wrong.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.