[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Films you think are criminally underrated, pic related, hone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 180x281) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 180x281
Films you think are criminally underrated, pic related, honestly if this were made by Pixar or Disney and didn't have as dumb a name I think it would be praised as much as those companies best. Admittedly Dreamworks marketing doesn't help it but when a film makes as beautiful a scene as this I can't help but love it, also the film is just generally beautiful and the animation excellent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqjIkkwMlnw
>>
>>69110321
>put Pixar name in front of film
>sit back, smoke stogie, and watch as critics hail it as a masterpiece
>>
Literally every DW movie is underrated

except the shitty ones of course
>>
>>69111343
The name is pretty fucking out there though, it could have easily been Norm of the North level bad just going off the name.
>>
>>69111473
To be fair they are pretty inconsistent with the quality of their films, they have had some pretty terrible films so I don't blame people for being cautious when it comes to their films but this one definitely deserved a lot more love than it got IMO.
>>
>>69111639
My issue is that people are so willing to forgive Pixar for their recent string of inconsistent films while they continued to berate DreamWorks even as they had those few recent years of good-great films (like 2010 - 2014).
>>
>>69112906
Yeah I 100% agree. Dreamworks does need to work on its marketing though every trailer for some of their recent films have been dreadful, I actually dreaded seeing KFP2 the first time I saw it because of how awfully it was advertised. On the other hand Pixar has advertising down to an art, they know how to play the nostalgia and how to get people excited for films.
>>
>>69113379
DWA recently became Illumination animation nr. 2 so don't hope ever for a good movie from them again
>>
>>69110321
I love Kung Fu Panda. How's the third one?
>>
>>69113712
pretty good

the villain is literally who

and he knows it
>>
>>69113675
All I want is HTTYD3 to be good - i.e. just let Dean do his thing so the franchise can go out with a bang and maybe, just MAYBE, win the Oscar.

After that I could care less.
>>
>>69111639
That's probably because they have 2-3 teams working on different projects.l, with varying results.

Pixar works one by one.
>>
>>69113712
It's OK, doesn't come close to being as good as the second but has some really great moments. I would recommend it if you liked the other two but don't go in expecting too much.
>>
>watching kids shows that you didnt grow up with
>>
>>69114114
My favourite animated films are almost completely adult animation and generally I may agree with you. This one just personally blew me away though.
>>
>>69114114
but CGI movies looked like fucking trash when I was a kid
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.