[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Regarding "Half-Life" and "Portal" movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: J._J._Abrams_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg (2 MB, 1376x2215) Image search: [Google]
J._J._Abrams_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg
2 MB, 1376x2215
How do you make movies that revolve around non-speaking characters?
>>
File: cdn.indiewire.psdops.jpg (61 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
cdn.indiewire.psdops.jpg
61 KB, 680x478
>>69105988

Make it a First Person Movie like Hardcore Henry and make it 3d.
>>
You don't because making a movie about a game that's praised solely for its gameplay is retarded
>>
>>69106153
>Portal
>praised solely for its gameplay
This post is a lie.
>>
>>69106190
Okay, gameplay and memes.

Great basis for a film.
>>
>>69105988
Like i need trans-nigger Gordon Freeman
>>
>>69106153
I liked portals in X-men: DOFP, it can look cool.
>>
>>69105988
he'll make them speak and give them super witty dialogue that all the kids will just love
>>
>>69105988
Make them shit
>>
Cast Chell
>>
Make the movie about the bigger story and use the game's main character as a silent cameo.
>>
Write lines for them, as the movie is not the game whether inspired from the game or not.
>>
>>69105988
film real people not talking.
>>
>>69106323
Yes. A lot of people have very literal ideas about movie adaptations of games even though nearly every adaptation so far has taken great liberties with the game.
>>
Who needs talking anyway? A movie that focuses solely on body language and visuals sounds patrician af.
>>
>>69105988
It's calling going from 0-100 real quip
>>
File: mad-max-fury-road-soundtrack.jpg (543 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
mad-max-fury-road-soundtrack.jpg
543 KB, 1425x1425
>>69105988
>>
>>69106581
/thread
>>
>>69106581
this is a good point. They just made him very serious and when he did speak it was something important, not a funny one liner. But this was easier to do with Max becuase there is an entire world raging around him all the time. With HL i could see it, but Portal would be difficult. She's the only one in the facility, besides ratman. I just think they'll have to make her a very serious character and focus on her resolve.
>>
>>69106662
Or they'll make up some bullshit new character with a parallel story.
>>
Half-Life 2 would make a good movie, but you'd really need 3 to exist first. A Half-Life movie would just seem like a shitty Doom ripoff.
>>
>>69106695
yeah that is probable. I dont know why that couldn't use Ratman though. That would be very interesting to switch between their stories. Everytime it went back to Ratman we would be wondering what he was trying to do (release Chell) while evading GLaDOS, while we watched Chell try to figure out what happened.
>>
>>69106581
Yeah but Max has lines and narration and stuff, this guy doesn't say anything

I think the most important lesson is that you need to have at least a couple talking characters, especially a woman to help a male protagonist (Furiosa or black lady)
>>
File: wall-e.jpg (135 KB, 1580x880) Image search: [Google]
wall-e.jpg
135 KB, 1580x880
>>69105988
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.