[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
South Park Season 19 was the smartest season yet, proof me wrong /tv/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: You PC bro.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
You PC bro.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
South Park Season 19 was the smartest season yet, proof me wrong /tv/.
>>
South Park isn't smart
>>
>there are people from /tv/ that aren't PC
>>
>>69105075
South Park is 14-year-old incarnate.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG7y8J0DXhU
>>
>>69105501
So is Capeshit and Star Wars
>>
>smartest

They took a single joke and stretched it out for an entire fucking season. It was unwatchable.
>>
>>69105501
Name a show that's funnier. Let's hear your normie shit taste.
>>
>>69106502
south park is like the epitome of normie shit you retard
>>
Tweek x Craig was the best episode
>>
>MUH PC
>MUH LIBTARD POLITICAL CORRECTNESS
>XD LOL HE SAID PC AGAIN
>LOL ITS CAITLYN JENNER ROFLMAO
>OMG TUMBLR BTFO
>SO SMART LOLOLO

South Park hasn't been good in like 10 years; kill yourself
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 568x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 568x479
>I'm over 15 and I watch South Park
>>
The last episode was really disappointing.
The season had great build-up, but th y just couldn't deliver. Heck, the /co/ theories about crab people being behind all of it would have been better than what actually happened.

Thinking of it, I can barely remember the last episode at all. I just remember that it made no sense (the girl ordering the release of PC principal for no reasons, who then stopped her) and just disappointed me.
>>
>>69106659
Okay Tumblr.
>>
>>69106761
I think it was something to do with pop ups.
>>
>>69105075
Anything 6+ seasons in is shit
>>
It's not the "smartest" just because it panders to your juvenile beliefs over the other side of the political spectrum's juvenile beliefs for a season.
>>
>>69105075
What relation does being pc have with advertising?
>>
>>69106667
hahah... LOL!!!
>>
>>69106034
So brave
>>
>>69106761
Was PC principal an ad? They never actually told us
And if so, why didn't he know he was an ad? And why did that make him so PC?
And why was he against the ads?

They never properly explained who he was
>>
>>69105075
It was alright but it's going to be really dared in two or three years. Go back and watch season 16 or 17 and there are whole episodes about things that were popular in the media at the time that everyone has already completely forgot about.
>>
>>69106550
That's a nice list of funnier shows you've got there you fucking hipster.
>>
>>69106878
They did explain it, it just made no sense.
He was no ad. The girl created the false ad's with PC principal to distract and confuse him, to get him out of the picture.
That's what the series told us. But that makes no sense, since he never suspected anything and only after that manipulation he found out about that conspiracy and started fighting back.
>>
>>69105075
yeah nah, it felt lazy and wasn't really that funny
>>
>>69107048
So why did he have magic powers?
>>
File: 1408560460993.png (89 KB, 226x219) Image search: [Google]
1408560460993.png
89 KB, 226x219
>>69105075
>finally, someone from the mainstream confirmed my preconceived beliefs!
>a smart show for smart viewers!
>>
>>69106828
Most PC shit is virtue signalling basically personal branding, the whole PC thing has also been co opted by a bunch of companies, like how Dove and Axe are owned by the same company.

I think it was a weak end and they pulled their punches though.
>>
I, for one, can't wait for next season and president Garrison
>>
>>69107118
He had? I don't remember that. Are you sure?
>>
>>69107138
>>69106839
>>69106659
You guys seem mad.... Are you mad? Does your butt....... hurt?
>>
>>69107211
Yeah, remember the bar scene where he reappears for the first time since he sees his ad and he kills all those other ads?

And also, he kills whatsherface by punching her with some blue aura
>>
Actually the few most hyped episodes that I watched were complete shit even if it happened to agree with your epic /pol/ memes.

And I think South Park used to be really fun.
>>
>>69107368

Ok tumblr, keep telling yourself that
>>
>>69107409
>everyone is tumblr and jews, red pill hitler trump

Literally as stupid as tumblr.
>>
>>69106502
It's always sunny... but only just
>>
>>69107253
That's the beginning and ending of the last episode. I just skipped through it and he doesn't use anything supernatural. It's the ads in human form that glow blue went they get killed.
>>
>>69107138
This for fuck's sake. People here think Steven Crowder is funny.
>>
Ripped from the headlines and the meme social networks. Total lack of creativity and originality.
The PC Principal is one of the worst characters to ever grace South Park.

"Smart" it is not, because all arguments come down to X party being really super dumb, either Stan or Kyle making perfect sense (which is very easy when you're setting up strawmen), and possibly Y party that is super dumb but in a directly opposite way to party X. It's a problem South Park had ever since it went truly political and it's why anyone who takes South Park seriously as intricate social commentary should be hanged or at least banished from civilized society.

The season-long plot was a complete disaster. It made episodes drag so fucking much.
>>
>>69107481
oh... so he's literally just some guy?

Meh
I loved most of the rest of the season still
>>
>>69107569

>I hate fun the post
>>
>>69105075
It lost focus when it went on and on about ads. Ads are not even a topical issue anymore.
>>
>>69107619
that's some nu-South Park-level debating senpai
>>
>>69107619
>Parker and Stone jerk off to how they LE EVISCERATE SOCIETY while I watch
>>
>>69107700

If you dont think Reality was great social commentary i don't know what to tell you
>>
Be honest, how many of the people complaining are
>a. Trump supporters
>b. Safe-space-demanding pussies
Cause the butthurt after the Trump episode on this site was astronomical
>>
>>69107744
>celebrities are dumb and too sensitive lol
>also charity galas are apparently a waste of money

Swift would be proud.
>>
>>69107744
Absurd, heavy-handed, blunt force joke trauma to the brain is not good social commentary.

>Parker: "What if we literally named him, "Reality"?
>Stone can't respond because he has his mouth on Parker's penis
>>
>>69107744
>Reality
God damn I cringed so hard at that part I actually had to stop the episode.
How self-fucking-important do you have to be to write shit like that and actually air it to the world?
>>
>>69107880

I really hope you're pretending to miss the point of him being named reality because if not your IQ must be less than the average Africans
>>
>>69107789
Now that you mention it everybody itt has been glossing over the Trump commentary from this season.
>>
>South Park has a slight left winged view
FUCKING KIKE FAGGOTS! THE JEWS ARE CONTROLLING DA TV AGAIN MOM

>South Park has a slight right winged view
AW HELL YEAH FUCKIN A FUCKIN BASED AS FUCK BROS! TREY AND MATT PUTTIN THE KIKES IN THEIR FUCKIN PLACES YO
>>
>>69107913
It is impossible to miss the point. That's why it's fucking schlock. It's hacky.
>>
>>69107789
I'm neither. This season was shit and politics don't change that at all. The Trump parody was possibly the least terrible part of the season though.
>>
>>69107744
Reality could have been great. But I just feel like he's a prime example of a good idea that just didn't work out in it's execution. At the end of the episode I just thought: That's it?
Should have been a recurring character.
>>
>>69107789
c. live in a civilized society where politics aren't a fucking circus
>>
>>69108051

The ending made sense though, it was the final step of South Park turning into PC land by literally killing reality. Just removing the real world and becoming a liberal arts campus
>>
>>69107977
literally never happens
>>
File: 1392196193105.gif (2 MB, 206x196) Image search: [Google]
1392196193105.gif
2 MB, 206x196
OP is factually and objectively correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG7y8J0DXhU
>>
>>69108416
Miss the Trump episode threads?
>>
>>69108548
No, the lefty part happens. The right part doesn't.
>>
>>69108509
this
>>
>>69105603
i want more about this. not south park but this advertizing/neoliberalism shit
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.