[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snyder/ManofSteel/DawnofJustice General thread All discussions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: Man-of-Steel-poster-Superman.jpg (224 KB, 1024x1493) Image search: [Google]
Man-of-Steel-poster-Superman.jpg
224 KB, 1024x1493
Snyder/ManofSteel/DawnofJustice General thread

All discussions related to these topics go in this thread. Feel free to praise, analyze, dissect, or even criticize these topics in here
>>
Anyone familiar with objectivism can explain if the films contains themes related to it?

Also, what about the Frankenstein monster and Doomsday?

Be careful with your wording OP, generals often get deleted.
>>
File: 1454237815950.jpg (484 KB, 800x2663) Image search: [Google]
1454237815950.jpg
484 KB, 800x2663
One of my favourite images. Joseph Campbell quote that perfectly captures this DC universe. Snyder put this Campbell quote in the Kryptonian text in Superman's crest and another (Life is killing life all the time and so the goddess kills herself in the sacrifice of her own animal.) on WW's sword.

http://www.techinsider.io/batman-v-superman-director-inspired-by-joseph-campbell-references-2016-3
>>
>>69104626
protip
I've found out that these threads get more traction and participation during American late night hours for some reason. Just something to consider for next time OP. Also the "general" title doesn't work too well, try posting something interesting about them to open.
>>
File: mosbvs.jpg (2 MB, 1619x2515) Image search: [Google]
mosbvs.jpg
2 MB, 1619x2515
>>
>>69105858
This is not a cringe thread
>>
>>69105935
>cringe
>pointing out the number of works MOS and BvS draw from in a thread about analyzing and dissecting the movies
>>
>>69106025
You didnt understand my point, does that mean you are afraid of me ?
>>
That thread last night was sad, it's like people don't really care about changing their mind on something so instead just shitpost everything to death.
>>
>>69104626

I wish that the kiss in MoS was an emotional "we lived" type of hug instead.

Also people say the Martha moment had Batman realise his ways were wrong, but is rendered irrelevant by killing in the warehouse. Problem is I can't recall who was killed in that fight except the Russian really. I mean I know he stabbed a dude but wasn't that in the shoulder? Go on and enlighten me lads
>>
>>69106025
>by draw from I mean shove in an out of place nod to
>>
>>69106343
Discussion will spike once the extended cut of BvS comes out.
A lot has been discussed so far, I need a little rest from it too, still thinking about posting some more interesting stuff I've found out this week.
>>
>>69106456
I think they are referring to the people batman killed before he entered the warehouse (that van that he blew up with the batwing)
As far as people inside the warehouse, just the Russian and (indirectly) the guy in the same room.

I don't think batman's fall into brutality is as open and shut as some are making it out to be (I think the Martha moment was simply a sudden realization/humanization.) Maybe they'll explore it more in the solo batman movie? It would create an interesting senario if they end up adapting under the red hood.
>>
An observation made based on a hunch and it checks out.

>Left foot on Superman's throat.
>Batman going for a kill, leans back, rises the spear, his weight shift to his right foot.
>Close up of Superman with a boot to throat "You're letting him kill Martha-".
>Change to Batman lowering the spear, regain the balance and the weight of the left boot goes back to crushing Superman's throat, "-K-f, Kff-".
>Change to Superman "-ent".

It's so easy to miss, (which I'll consider to be the intent) "-ent" ends with a grunt, it's barely audible. Second time Batman goes into flashback mode.
>>
File: 1462389934380.jpg (1 MB, 1400x2330) Image search: [Google]
1462389934380.jpg
1 MB, 1400x2330
>>69105858
>>
ZOD DINDU NUFFIN

also how come DoJ was bashed into oblivion where new Cap has pretty much very same mistakes? not enough quips?
>>
>>69106831
Disney buying critics.
>>
>>69106831
Nope. BvS is bad, Civil War is good. Just accept that your tastes are shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 347x511) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 347x511
>>
>>69107493
>someone thought this was funny enough to spend time making
holy shit wew
>>
I saw BvS again last night and its only flaw was forcing the Justice Leauge too early

Marvel took their time with 5 separate movies to set up Avengers but you can tell DC shoehorned this shit just to catch up with Marvel
>>
>>69107529
>its only flaw
MARTHA
A
R
T
H
A
>>
File: image.gif (939 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
939 KB, 500x282
>>69107522
>>
File: peach tea.jpg (58 KB, 640x326) Image search: [Google]
peach tea.jpg
58 KB, 640x326
None of you seem to understand the amazing satanic/pagan undertones of Luthors scenes.

Most obviously he constantly talks about biblical events as if they are happening right now. Gods/Demons he speaks that as if they are interchangeable. He even calls Supermans mom a Witch. His monologue their was great.

The part I first realized this was his blood ritual with Zods body. The scene was shown as some super space tech that changes zod but it was truly a horrific ritual basically taking ones soul.

He literally does a sci fi style Séance in the deleted scene communinicating with a demon like general from apocolpyes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

I love this mess of a movie. The demonic imagery reminds me of Childhood's End a wonderful novel if you don't know of it. The aliens in it are depicted as what western society views Devils, they even use a Ouija board to communicate. Creepy great stuff.
>>
>>69107596
I'm assuming you made it, holy shit that is pathetic
>>
>>69107559
In retrospect its not that bad, not bad enough to condemn this movie
>>
>>69106314
But he did understand your point.
>>
Letting you know I'll post something else related to Kubrick and Nietzche tonight. I just have to type all my findings.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.