[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Shield best TV series ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: Mackey.jpg (34 KB, 517x291) Image search: [Google]
Mackey.jpg
34 KB, 517x291
I only got around to watching this last year. It was on sale for $5 per season but they only had 3-7 so I bought and watched all of em then watched 1&2 online. Absolutely blew me away

I then proceeded to watch the whole series through again straight after but in proper order with a mate who loved it as well

I was just thinking about it the other day because I never made a thread at the time when I finished it but is this one of if not the best TV series of all time? I love Six Feet Under, The Sopranos, The Wire etc but I don't think any of them were as compelling as this show

What does /tv/ think? Is it the order I watched it originally being that S1 was a bit average which is skewing my view of it?
>>
File: pissing_all_over.jpg (6 KB, 195x154) Image search: [Google]
pissing_all_over.jpg
6 KB, 195x154
Pleb version of The Wire, S5 and the finale were GOAT however
>>
File: a fucking wagonbach.jpg (104 KB, 653x434) Image search: [Google]
a fucking wagonbach.jpg
104 KB, 653x434
who /hungrylikethewolf/ here?
>>
Great series but not the best.
Definitely in my top 5 though. That ending though. I hate that he shafted his most loyal friend. Ronnie should've definitely got away with it too.
>>
File: 1461361338249.jpg (359 KB, 1188x1282) Image search: [Google]
1461361338249.jpg
359 KB, 1188x1282
It's up there. Seasons 1-3 are pure cop Kino.

I'd say it's better to the wire, because unlike the wire it's final season was actually fucking epic. The wire just fizzled out.

Also the wire had 10x the budget of fx and still wasnt near the same level of realism with gang crime.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (77 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
77 KB, 720x540
>>69099551

Always remember to encrypt your cunnie pics
>>
This is the only TV series I bought on a whim and watched the entire show in a week or less. That's how captivating I thought it was.

I remember saying to myself during the first episode "meh, average" and next thing I knew I had finished the whole thing.
>>
File: Shane.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Shane.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>69099551
That episode with Dutch Boy and that serial killer guy was GOAT. The back and forth going for so long then he just says "you can't help me" so good

>>69099555
>>69099719
>I killed Lem

Jesus when Shane confesses to Mara that scene was seriously great acting

>>69099849
I've never watched an entire series 3 times within a year but I just have to now. So many great characters
>>
The top 5:

The Sopranos
The Shield
The Wire
True Detective season 1
Breaking Bad

Don't bother disputing it. You're wrong. The Shield is GOAT.
>>
>>69099968

>watchable and I was never bored but it was overrated
>dunno yet
>season 1+4 top flight; 2+3 good; 5 is awful
>not so good the second time; one shot escape scene god-tier
>consistently good
>>
File: 1452095970825.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1452095970825.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
>>69100044
>The Sopranos
>watchable and I was never bored but it was overrated
>>
>>69100112

>la la la no one can have a different opinion that me laa laaaa
>>
This serie showed LA in such a poor light.
How ppl can live in this shit town ?
>>
>>69099426
Im currently watching 1st season does it get better?
>>
>>69101047
each season is better than the last
>>
The Shield is visceral, The Wire is intellectual, The Sopranos is emotional. That's how would classify them because you'll never hear a discussion of society or the police institution brought about by watching The Shield, but you would The Wire, but at the same time, The Shield has so many "gotcha" moments unlike The Wire and the earlier seasons and nothing but the Strike Team up to their necks in shit and rushing to cover their own corrupt asses. The Sopranos is a mob-family drama and a character study of Tony Soprano so that's all the explanation needed for why it's "emotional".
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.