[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this pretencious shit mentioned again why people pretend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 194x259
>this pretencious shit mentioned again
why people pretend they like it
>>
File: top100.jpg (839 KB, 1753x2999) Image search: [Google]
top100.jpg
839 KB, 1753x2999
>>69095439
>>
>>69095439
>Pretentious
Opinion discarded
>>
>>69095625
no counter arguments? not a surprise, hipster
>>
>>69095642
>Liking 2001 is considered hipster
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>69095439
Do you dislike HAL?

HAL was great. I could care less about the last 30 minutes or the apeshit, but you have to respect HAL.
>>
>>69095439
it's watchable if you crank it up to 2x for all those long boring shots that are just faggy music
>>
>>69095662
It literally is a flick for hipsters. Solaris at 1.25 speed is patrician.
>>
>>69095671
whats HAL?
>>
Watched it the other day. Can't say I cared for anything that wasn't Dave 'n HAL
>>
File: thumb.jpg (9 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
9 KB, 240x200
>>69095710
nigga did you even watch the movie?
>>
This is a bait thread. See here:
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/pretencious/
Ignore and don't bump
>>
>>69095439
People who dislike 2001 are literally the reason the film industry is dying.
>>
Anyone think Dave would have made a good Gordon Freeman in a Half Life adaptation?
>>
File: 1462293611173.jpg (109 KB, 480x543) Image search: [Google]
1462293611173.jpg
109 KB, 480x543
>>69095439
>pretend
>>
I fucking hate this board and it's shit opinions, but 2001 is still my favourite film of all time, even if I fell asleep during my first attempt at watching it.
>>
star wars is funner and complex more
>>
Fuck you all, he's right and it's not that good. Overrated movie, most other Kubricks are above it.
>>
File: vulgar.png (4 MB, 1920x1090) Image search: [Google]
vulgar.png
4 MB, 1920x1090
Read OP, felt confused for a second. Then I remembered /tv/ is mostly just people who only discuss superhero movies.
>>
I'm gonna split my penis in two that'll shem show bow do woo yippy dorf
>>
>>69095824
Who is this cumcontainer?
>>
>>69095564
>no Plane Scene
>>
>>69095439
After watching this film twice every day for a week I then proceeded to watch it for another week.

on mute.
>>
>>69095752
This right here, to be honest.
>>
File: image.jpg (501 KB, 1851x1881) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
501 KB, 1851x1881
>>69095564
no
>>
>>69095564
>>69100465
>Lawrence of Arabia that low
fuck these shitty ass lists
>>
>>69095439

without the use of memes, why is it pretentious/bad?
>>
>>69100465
>Fight Club in the top 50

Who knew /tv/ was so pleb?
>>
>>69100639

top 50 nigga that shit is in the top 2
>>
>>69100639
Deserves it more than TDK or Inception.
>>
>Can't even spell his meaningless buzzword correctly.
Wew. Why the fuck should I listen to anything you have to say?
>>
Everything where people actually talk is fucking great though?
It's only the beginning and the end that are boring as shit.
>>
>>69100684
It's in the top 2 but shouldn't even be in the top 50
>>
I still don´t get that much the ending. But when I read that Kubrick said ¨It means whatever the fuck YOU want it to mean¨, everything seemed in place.
>>
>>69100834
I thought it was fucking awful and its a bad joke among palaeoanhropologists for that 1000BC intro.
>>
>>69100555
Lawrence is an okay film with a great sense of atmosphere and decent acting but the script is ATROCIOUS at times. Also Brown Facing, and the sets indoor is fucking worse then a grade 5 production of lawrence in arabia.

but everything else was top par, plus it ranks high being the super pan-o-vision
>>
>>69101063
That was sci-fi, but also it's pretty bad makeup.
>>
I know "pretencious" threads are bait, but what the fuck happened with pic related?

Do I have to go to film school to understand a single thing that happened in this movie? And what was with the ending? Hell, what was with ANY scene in this movie?
>>
>>69101257
>Do I have to go to film school to understand a single thing that happened in this movie?
GAWD, THIS. This fucking question should be stickied here or everywhere movie related. A lot of fucking just make feel like that.
>>
>>69101460
I just have so many questions.

Was it important that he painted himself and his walls grey? He was clearly trying to match the sky, but why?

Was the fact that his sister had recently died important? Or the fact that we never hear how she died? And apparently he's the last person alive in his family, is that relevant? It's not like he exactly creates a new one, just fucks a slut and lets her kid go do whatever he wants.

More high-rises were being made and he looked forward to their destruction too. Why? And how would they ever get inhabited? What did they represent exactly? Kingdoms rising and falling, I guess?

How was Wilder "probably the sanest one there" and what did he represent? What did Laing represent, if anything?

I just don't get it.
>>
>buzzing sound effect comes on full seconds after the astronauts have already overacted the fuck out of covering their ears
>>
I watched this last weekend, and didn't care for it. It is the ultimate meme movie. Why people consider it one of the best films of all time is beyond me, it's a basic space exploration flick. I guess the special effects were ahead of their time, and the scientific accuracy was notable, but there was nothing especially unique or memorable other than that beyond-shitty 15 minute ending.
>>
>>69095439
>pretencious

You're either a retard or a retard posting bait.

Bet you can't explain to me what makes 2001 pretentious.
>>
>>69095439
I liked the fact that they used flat screens for everything, and even tablets

Made everything that came after outdated.
>>
the only reason I think kubrick is so wide-spread is he is simultaneously accessible and "high-art" (supposedly) - he's where the world of "entertaining movies" and the world of art coexist most comfortably. To anyone who's seen a lot of films, or even a small amount of foreign cinema it's embarrassing to see him treated as the greatest film-maker of all time - though he may be the film-maker who combined artsiness with commercial success to the highest level.
>>
>>69103585
2001 is literally in the top 10 of every Sight & Sound Filmmaker poll you fucking snob.

It's better than any crappy foreign film that you wank off to.
>>
Im no expert but I think what makes something pretentious or not comes down to what you look for in a movie. Some people watch movies to experience adventure or some other form of escapism. Some watch movies to learn or be inspired. Im sure theres some middle ground there but someone who watches for escapism might think a movie made to inspire is pretentious.
>>
>>69095642

What pretense does it have
>>
OP IS BAIT AND THE PEOPLE AGREEING ARE BAITING

DO NOT BE TRICKED

ON THE OFF CHANCE SOMEONE DOES HOLD THIS OPINION AND FEELS LIkE THEY'RE IN GOOD COMPANY THEN THERE'S NO REASON TO EVEN REPLY BECAUSE THEY'RE SO STUPID
>>
>>69107704
there is no bait on 4chan liar.
>>
>>69103585
kubrick is one of the top 5 american directors of all time without question, whether hes your favorite or not is a matter of preference of course, but to deny him that is just pretentious
>>
>>69095439
>I don't like something
>People who like it must be pretending
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.