[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Fly the only kino of television?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: fly.png (201 KB, 600x271) Image search: [Google]
fly.png
201 KB, 600x271
Is Fly the only kino of television?
>>
>>69095155
it was before the final season, which is where this meme comes from.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
>>69095705
because:

> Donna Bowman of The A.V. Club gave "Fly" an A grade, praising Rian Johnson's direction and remarking that the episode "would have been stellar even with more conventional direction, but with the unhinged images and bold juxtapositions Johnson provides, it's one of the most distinctive hours of television we're likely to see this year."
>>
The episode's negative reception centers primarily around its lack of plot development and action. One of the critics who had negative opinions about the episode was Tasha Robinson of The A.V. Club, who wrote that she "hated it" in an article in which numerous writers for the site discussed what they thought was the "worst episode" of a great show.
>>
>>69095155
Probably the best episode in respect to the shows dark comedy elements.
>>
Ozymandias was better
>>
>>69095731
>juxtapositions

one of those words critics just throw around like it's nothing
>>
What was the point of that episode?
>>
>>69095868
it means contrast, but used more for visual arts, juxtaposition is used more for music and writting.
>>
>>69095886
contrast being one of the 4 elements of art.... it is VERY important, I'd even say the most important element. When you see a gritty dark movie and it's just grit on grit with grit in grit, there's a point when it's just a big bucket of sand, instead of variations.
>>
>>69095886
yes thanks m8. name me one bold juxtaposition in "the fly"
>>
>>69095921
That breaking bad has one of the best story lines of any TV show and Fly has NONE.
>>
>that feel when you watched Breaking Bad before all the normies latched on during season 3
>>
>>69095871
Character development, I guess.
You get much more of an insight into how much of a control freak Walt is, even with the most insignificant things.
>>
>>69095965
hipster certifying, it's a personal bias that you're part of the movement, not one of the sheep. you're a leader, and you verify this by the fact everyone else likes what you like.

regardless that you like something even if it is hated by everyone. you know you can objectively point out what it is you like about the show. me personally it was my dad going through cancer and selling drugs to get by, but i can't fathom why everyone else loved it so much...? Walter is gangsta?
>>
>>69095933
the review is specific to the episode
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.