[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who do You Choose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
You are an fresh, green and eager Ensign who has just completed training for Starfleet, or a successful and ambitious graduate of Starfleet Academy, ready to explore the galaxy and discover new worlds.

You get your pick of five different captains and will be a crewman of their respective ships. Which one do you choose? Time period doesn't matter.
>>
>>69078790
Picard or Sisko either is fine.
>>
>>69078790
Anyone but the nigger
>>
>Archer
>be forced to use proto-transporter
>Kirk
>have to accompany Kirk, Bones, and Spock on away mission
>Picard
>have a long happy career with competent superiors
>Janeway
>Sisko
>have to work with entitled Bajorans
Easy enough
>>
>>69078790
OP, here. I'd choose Picard just because I'd have the chance to work on the Enterprise.
>>
sisko or picard

kirk maybe, but not if I could have sisko or picard.

archer is shit and if you choose janeway you have a mental handicap
>>
>>69078790
I choose to never leave my holodeck at home except to get food (assuming there isn't a replicator inside) or shit/piss (assuming there isn't a functional bathroom inside).
>>
>>69080096
Does anyone know hoe much Holodecks would cost? I think the ones on Starships are reserved for Starfleet, passengers and guests.

You'd probably even have to rent one, like Quark's Holosuites.
>>
>>69080190
I don't think there's money on Earth.
>>
>>69080096
>>69080190
>>69080247
humans/earth don't have money

there is probably communal holosuites on earth. Reserve your federation-allotted 1hr per month stay now!
>>
>>69079219

>not taking shore leave to bajor and hatefucking the local prostitutes
>>
>>69078790
Why can't I have my own advanced-class starship? It's post-scarcity right? Why do I have to SERVE someone else just to get access to an elite starship? Isn't that slavery?
>>
>>69080247
I don't know how the economy works with the Federation, but Gold Latinum is always mentioned on DS9.

>>69080342
Well, maybe you should have studied harder at the Academy.
>>
>>69080342
>It's post-scarcity right?

no

trek's earth society is both amazing and terrifying at the same time to me.
>>
>>69080342
The entirety of Starfleet doesn't even seem to have that many ships. The Battle of Wolf 359 was seen as a massive catastrophe when a tiny handful of ships were lost.

>>69080380
Yeah, but that's not on Earth.
>>
>>69080342
there are a number of things replicators can't replicate friendo, have you ever watched star trek of any sort?

also ships still have to be designed and built by someone. Even if you have robots build it (robots not really playing a huge part in the trek world, for some reason) someone has to have designed and built the robots or built the things who built the robots.
>>
>>69079219
>>have a long happy career with competent superiors
No, you'd be like the nigga on helm that gets murdered by space face.

Or be one of the 17 taken by the borg

And all the times they take the family saucer into a fight, Picard and Co were dangerous.

Sisko you'd be fine as long as you're not on defiant, the go out and fuck shit up ship
>>
>>69080492
why are you using slang and curse words and being sassy
>>
>>69080396
I'm more than halfway through TNG and have only seen a little of TOS, DS9 and VOY, but my friend and I have talked about how Federation society works.

Is homelessness no longer a thing? If there is no money or high salaries, how do young people get the ambition to pursue certain careers?

>>69080492
>Or be one of the 17 taken by the Borg
This always freaked me out. Especially how it was a solid chunk of the family saucer. Did they ever get those people back? Were there children among those abducted?

>And all the times they take the family saucer into a fight, Picard and Co were dangerous.
That's scary, too. Must suck being the small child of some minor Starfleet technician and getting attacked by the Borg, Q, Nagilum, Arthas, black holes, ship-killing cosmic fields, etc.
>>
>>69080753
>Is homelessness no longer a thing? If there is no money or high salaries, how do young people get the ambition to pursue certain careers?
>People will only do anything if money is involved
I think the eugenics wars took care of that.
>>
>>69078790
Kirk's sloppy seconds is pretty tempting.
>>
>>69079219

>Having a gay surrendering Frenchman for a captain.

surrender monkey pls go
>>
>>69080753

earth was fairly heavily depopulated by wars before the founding of the federation i think.

i'm not sure if they have china like child laws or what.

i think there would be plenty of skilled professionals even without money as a motivator, for instance you wouldn't have shitty doctors who are pressured into taking a career they aren't really interested in because their family wants them to make money. you won't have a brilliant man doing something that does nothing for society like trading stocks.

i really do wonder though how restrictive civilian life is supposed to be there.
>>
>>69080985
>earth was fairly heavily depopulated by wars before the founding of the federation i think.
Yeah, World War three was thermonuclear and then the war with Khan and his fellow super humans happened.
>>
Janeway.

I'm suicidal
>>
Sisko for the company
Archer overall

People underestimate just how safe Archer kept his crew considering he was the first warp 5 captain in Earth history and was fighting a fucking Death Star
>>
>>69080096
>not beaming your shit and piss out into space directly from your intestines
>being a pleb

Pick you
>>
>>69080096
>Some wealthy individuals have their own private holosuites, although due to the costs and maintenance this is uncommon.

Good luck with that.
>>
>>69081837
Better to just be Admiral Janeway's personal fuccboi and get granted priority holosuite access as a gift.
>>
>>69081288

This.

Archer all the way just because I get to hang out with T'pols
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.