[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zatoichi Criterion Collection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: crop-IMG_3393_large.jpg (210 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
crop-IMG_3393_large.jpg
210 KB, 900x506
I love this series so just bought this for a relatively good price compared to what it normally sells for and considering it's 25 movies but that cognitive dissonance is starting to creep in. Was it a good choice /tv/?
>>
maybe the trailer would help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcD4evqh4TI
>>
Snazzy looking box that'll gather dust on your shelf. Are any of the Zatoichi films bar the one with Beat Takeshi as Zatoichi worth watching?
>>
>reddit
>>
>>69077861
plastic is not good fire starter friend
>>
>>69077861
>cognitive dissonance
What are your contradictory beliefs?
>>
>>69077861

I sort of know that feel OP. I got it for around $40, I believe it was a price mistake. Looks cool on my shelf, but I still haven't even watched one.
>>
>>69079790
are you kidding? as much as I love Takeshi Kitano he's the inferior Zatoichi compared to the original Shinatro Katsu. No one could top his performance.
>>
You start to realize by movie 4 that they're all the same. I got it as a gift and regret it.
>>
>>69077861
You are aware that films are usually free, right?
>>
>>69079939
They're really good movies. Very well shot, and the action is pretty satisfying.
>>
>>69079939
Why not? They're fucking awesome! Check this out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYaXwv1peeQ
>>
Im jealous. But the Lone Wolf and Cub series is better
>>
>>69079974
>>69080000

It's not really intentional, I'm just dumb and have a huge backlog of movies. Maybe I'll try to start watching them this week.
>>
>>69079967
>looking a gift horse in the mouth

maybe next Hanukah your mom and her new husband can get you the pony you wanted
>>
>>69080020
Fucking love these

>>69080051
Watch Lone Wolf and Cub instead.
>>
>>69079971
yes but it's one of my all time favourite series of films so I am happy to own a nice real copy of them.
>>
Best Zatoichi movie.
>>
>>69080065

>Always liking every single gift you receive

What a rare snowflake you must be. Fuck off, kid.
>>
File: vwEG3Hx.jpg (63 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
vwEG3Hx.jpg
63 KB, 480x270
>>69080192
what does showing some fucking gratitude have to do with being a snowflake Memelord? Yeah they more or less all follow the same formula but so does every 7 stories of western narrative tradition and I'll bet you've watched more than 25 movies in your lifetime.
>>
>>69079870
That I love these movies and while I didn't pay close to full price I still paid way more than $40 like >>69079939 did
>>
>>69080382
I paid full price for them, no regrets. Zatoichi is fucking based. Don't listen to the haters, just enjoy your awesome movies.
>>
>>69080382
How poor are you that you feel bad for spending 40 bucks.
>>
>>69080708
I said
>I still paid way more than $40
And I don't live in the US so there was shipping costs & customs charges on top but it was still cheaper than buying it locally.
>>
File: ZatoichiTVDVD.jpg (32 KB, 316x400) Image search: [Google]
ZatoichiTVDVD.jpg
32 KB, 316x400
>>69080548
Do you have any of the TV show as well? I think only the first 26 episodes are released officially. I have the first two of its six volumes but I think I read that there are some decent bootlegs of the rest that can be picked up from some site.
>>
Holy shit that's a huge set, although my Sopranos DVD box set might be bigger.
>>
>>69081600
27 discs but Sopranos might be more al put together because they were long episodes.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.