[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your shitty thoughts on Bill Burr, go!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
File: BillBurr_KeyArt_US_MAIN(1).jpg (115 KB, 550x830) Image search: [Google]
BillBurr_KeyArt_US_MAIN(1).jpg
115 KB, 550x830
Your shitty thoughts on Bill Burr, go!
>>
>nia, grab a mic
>>
>>69076274
F is for Family is great.
>>
He is relatively funny, not amazing but not bad either.
>>
hes great when doing standup and has excellent mic work.
The podcast is rarely funny though and i hate when comedians make TV shows cause they put their standup jokes in there and it makes me cringe.
People mainly just dont like him cause of Nia
>>
>>69076456
podcast is only worth listening to for the lambasting of his own sponsors

the "meundies" song never ends
>>
>>69076274

Once he gets divorced his rage and bitterness will propel him into the best comedy we've ever seen or perhaps will ever see
>>
his latest special was incredible, it really felt to me like carlin did towards the near-end where it was just finely honed craft

but it felt..too good, sterile almost. I need anxiety and blabbering, I need fumbling I need stanhope and patrice having a bad set. I need hicks on a bad day, i dont need billy boy being "comfy"
>>
>>69076274
Mediocre but he parrots the "right" opinions so people here gloss over his faults such as lacking delivery and rambling style.
>>
>>69076274
He's the best standup on Netflix.
>>
>>69076274
My wife's son loves his Netflix specials
>>
>>69076274
Pussy whipped. He's funny though.
>>
>>69077012
This. I can't wait for Nia to take that newly remade old house they have and kick him out. Probably get custody of Cleo too.
>>
When his podcast is good, it's really good. I love the shit where he verbally berates his own sponsors, responds to emails about relationships, and says wildly stupid bullshit about politics.

What I can't stand is when he obviously doesn't want to do the show so he puts in barely any effort, like when he records himself watching football on Sunday night and just basically comments on a game no one can fucking see and will have been over for 12 hours by the time the show goes up.

I don't even hate Nia. Not sure why she's so despised. Despite the fact that I don't mind her, I cannot wait for the divorce because the world needs 50 year old jaded as fuck Bill. I really think it's the last piece of the puzzle that will propel him into the heavens of Comedy.
>>
>>69077062
It's a special... specials aren't supposed to be bad days... what are you talking about?
>>
>>69077012
this
pretty sure he even got married so that one day he'll get divorced and get more material
>>
that special sucked. his cartoon sucked. he's become a beta cuck
>>
>>69078536
every other special has him having an altercation with an audience member at some point
>>
File: 1410807821659.png (325 KB, 484x498) Image search: [Google]
1410807821659.png
325 KB, 484x498
>stupid fucking GF gets a rescue dog without telling him
>its a fucking PITBULL
>whole segment on his special on how he was afraid of the dog and how resque dogs usually have bad backgrounds due to abusive owners, especially pitbulls
>"but hey..'s all cool I love this fucking dog after all!"
>next special
>has a whole segment about how the dog literally started attacking people on THREE separate occasions
>"but hey..'t was my fault you know? I yell a lot..and im angry all the time and shit..you know..dogs pick up on that shit man, its your vibe bro"
>>
His podcast is really uneven a lot of the time. I like the dynamic he and Nia have, though. She gets all holier-than-thou about social issues and race and misogyny and shit and then he just comes in and cuts it all down with some intentionally -phobic remark.

What does Nia actually *do* anyway? Like, what's her job? If Billy Flabbytits ever mentioned it I missed it.
>>
>>69079269

Most comedy specials are actually two or three standup performances edited together. Maybe he just had a respectful crowd this time around.

He had a bad run last year when he was on tour. Bitched about it twice a week on his podcast, some audience member getting up in arms about something or other.
>>
>>69079375

>What does Nia actually *do* anyway?

Failed actress, according to imdb.
>>
>>69076274
His stand up is fucking great. His podcasts are hit and miss, but the parts when he's doing the advertisements are fucking gold.
>>
>DOCTAH CAHVEY'S EASY SHAVE BUTTAH
>>
>>69079476
>dollahshaveclubdotcomslashburrHEY!
>>
I don't know why he started doing the Thursday podcast, it's really burnt him out. Nia used to be fine, but she's swallowing sjw rhetoric wholesale.

>>69078221
All the stress and money that went into that house...he'll either master the rage or it'll kill him.
>>
>>69079620
Who the fuck buys a house in los angeles when he's borderline misanthropic?
>>
>>69079620
I think he honestly likes having someone who will argue with him without trying to physically abuse him like some of the psychos he dated in the past.
>>
>>69078470
>I don't even hate Nia. Not sure why she's so despised.
http://www.xojane.com/sex/the-agony-and-ecstasy-of-being-a-kept-woman
>>
>>69079293
>thinking any stories comedians come up with are true, and isn't just making them up for the sake of comedy
>>
>>69079811
Feels like a year or so ago they would have some banter and disagree, and she would stand her ground when he went full 'sometimes you just gotta be an asshole', but nowadays it seems less jokey.
>>
>>69079899
Ohhhh Billy
>>
>>69079914
literally everything he said when it comes to this subject has actually happened..do you even follow bill?
>>
>>69080267
his features on conan are his best work by far. he's one of the few guests that gets conan to actually lose his shit laughing.
>>
>>69076309
I only opened this thread to see that. Gj.
>>
>>69079899
>http://www.xojane.com/sex/the-agony-and-ecstasy-of-being-a-kept-woman

"As ambitious as I am, I am very lazy. I am also scared of failure. And success, for that matter. It was easier to play the role of spoiled housewife than to get my ass up everyday and possibly fail. But I can't do it anymore. It's not me. It may take me a few years but I want to be equal financially contributing member of my household. I have to. Not being one for the past few years has made me feel shitty and has created an imbalance in my relationship."

Read the whole thing and she seemed to realize she'd been an ass. Granted the article is three years old and I've no clue of her current status.
>>
>>69076274

he's a brave man for taking a black woman
>>
My boyfriend took umbrage with the fact that after a long stretch out of town, he came home to a house that was in less than great shape.

"You couldn't clean the kitchen?"

Comments like this would infuriate me. "HOW DARE YOU!" I would screech. "I'm a goddamn FEMINIST! I'm not here to cook your dinners and be the housemaid! If you wanted Susie Homemaker, you got the wrong MOTHERFUCKIN' girl!"
Sounds like something Billy would say
>>
>>69081535
Yeah, but then she realized she was being an ass. And this is three years old.
>>
DAHCTAH CAHVEES EASY SHAVE BUTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
>>
>>69080888
>Wants to be an equal financial contributor

Bills gotta be hauling at least a million a year right? Good fucking luck, Nia.
>>
>>69081184

Yea zookeepers are pretty admirable for their courage under the constant threat of assault and death.
>>
>Bruins game
>Home repair
>on the road
>Cilo! what's going on buddy!

And that's pretty much what Bill talks about ever
>>
>>69076274
unfunny shit
>>
>>69079293
Nia getting that dog without his input confirms for me whatta piece o' shit she is. It's funny to hear her and Bill argue sometimes, she brings up stupid emotionally-driven points and Bill often shuts her down but too often her reaction when losing an argument is "sigh, whatever" and attempting to redirect.

With their high energy bickering though, I bet they have a great sex life
>>
He fell off. His latest special felt so safe. I don't know.
>>
>>69077062
>carlin at the end of his days

You mean at his most crotchety and bothered? Dude stopped telling jokes even at that point, just became content to be discontent with everything and spiraled completely into his 'everybody's stupid nothing makes sense fuck the world' schtick. Was not impressive or funny.
>>
>>69084845
I think she means paying half the mortgage and bills, and paying for her own cloths and such, not literally making the same amount as him.
>>
>>69076274

Second funniest living comedian.
>>
He's okay.

I want to see him live. Everything that is easy to find on YouTube (like his specials) is so so but the hard stuff is gold.

He's really good at weaving current shit into his material.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.