[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Z gyNoHtjw Is this the da
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1462291737053.jpg (56 KB, 824x494) Image search: [Google]
1462291737053.jpg
56 KB, 824x494
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

Is this the dawn of the age of grimkino?
>>
The original opening was much better. It's fast and to the point and not tryhard "leave grimkino to me" like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtAH7kGEqic
>>
>>69072410
I'm not sure where I stand on making abstract trailers like this. One one hand simplicity is a virtue, the end of the first trailer is plenty inspiring without dramatic monologues and spooky surrealism. On the other hand, if you buy into the music video style of direction, that overload of drama is to hype you up and the individual components are good on their own. It's a very good trailer and the surreal stuff at least makes sense, but it's overblown when taken on its merits as a piece and comes off as pretentious. It at least isn't offensively overblown. I think that image of marines being torn apart by a sandstorm but still bowing is cool tho.
>>
>>69072706
That being said, it's not pointlessly brooding and melodramatic. The story is probably going to be about a chapter that has been excommunicated and declared heretics and their constant war of attrition against the universe while trying to maintain faith. A certain bleak melodrama is appropriate.
>>
File: 1462287186924.jpg (174 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462287186924.jpg
174 KB, 1280x720
>>69072229

Beksinski art homage in the trailer is 10/10 but screenshots for the actual game looks weak as hell.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/dawn-of-war-3/dawn-of-war-3-release-date
>>
>>69073750

Also, they are all being dropped into the throne of skulls at the end in Khorne's halls. No matter who you spill blood for you still end up in the same place in the warp
>>
>>69073750
While the models won't change at this point, there's still time to change the art style. That's what counts -- DoWI looked like shit but the gritty style sold the setting.

>>69073873
The nice thing about the warp is that it can be metaphor and reality at the same time.
>>
>>69072229

Sleep tight spess merehn
>>
>>69072229

I like that Eldar wraithbone looks like bone and not iphone plastic now
>>
>>69074331
Yeah, top notch, I like how the bone towers have rings everywhere, like trees. Shows how freaky Eldar tech is, they're so advanced they can be Luddite and unimaginably advanced at the same time.
>>
>>69073750
>>69073912

Lower-quality models might indicate a return to DoW1 scale battles, or larger. But yeah, that art style had better improve.
>>
File: 1462307625023.jpg (243 KB, 1323x1843) Image search: [Google]
1462307625023.jpg
243 KB, 1323x1843
If the whole game was styled like this it would be GOAT
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.