[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Really enjoyed this, anyone wanna discuss? Fantastic cast, saved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: everybodysmall.jpg (581 KB, 800x1245) Image search: [Google]
everybodysmall.jpg
581 KB, 800x1245
Really enjoyed this, anyone wanna discuss?

Fantastic cast, saved what could have been the most boring linklater movie yet.
>>
>>69068756
Loved the cast, the dialogue, the lack of formulaic plot elements. Everything was great. When it was finished I was wanting another 2 hours. The trailer made this look fucking awful, I'm so glad I overlooked it. My wife (she's 25) didn't like the second half because she couldn't relate to it too much, and felt like the only girls on screen were presented as sex objects, which I didn't notice at the time, but she was right. Pretty interesting that Linklater didn't feel the need to try to mask that more aside from the one prominent female lead.
>>
>>69068876
I thought the female lead was well-done though, and the main was unassuming enough to give the film a really innocuous tone that somehow came through in a film full of frat bros.

I really disliked Billy Hatcher, Plumber, the psychotic pitcher dude, etc at the beginning but grew to like the whole entire cast by the end. That's the magic of linklater is that he really allows chars to grow on you better than anyone.
>>
>>69069093
>>69069093
Yeah that's a good point, I like how the weird pitcher guy came around and had more than just one dimension, stopping him from just being a meme character even though he was goofy as fuck. Everything just felt so fun, I found myself just smiling along to entire scenes, something I don't remember having done in a long time.

I can't get over how good the entire cast was, though. McReynolds was fucking great as a team leader. I can't remember his name, but the guy in the chair with the curly hair, that won the knuckles match, really stood out to me for some reason.
>>
>>69069373
>tfw he poured the cologne on his crotch
Keks for days

Finn was my personal favorite tho
>>
What was your fav moment?

Mine was on the baseball field, during the first practice when the psychotic pitcher basically has an episode than the black-haired dude just pounds his fist like 's'all good man'.
>>
>>69069702
That was a surprisingly human moment, I thought that was nice.

I personally liked the entire Theater Party bit, because I can totally relate to that kind of thing.
>>
>>69069786
yeah that was really cool, i really loved theatre in college so it was pretty nice. wish i got to attend those kinds of parties.
>>
>>69069702
The whole arc of the blonde stoner guy was so good. His stoned ramblings were great and what eventually happened to him was so bizarre and hilarious and he just disappeared. I also loved the ping pong scene.
>>
>>69069902
>Thirty fuckin' years old!!
That was funny as hell
>>
Linklater has a way of making me fall in love with scenes like this and at the same time feel bad that I never experienced such beautifully human moments before.
>>
>>69070022
yeah that was a great fucking scene. I loved that blonde guy too, that was honestly the most disappointing moment in the film was when he left us. Wish we saw him at the theatere party.
>>
>>69069702
I loved the part when the dude chops the baseball in half with the axe. Just so relatable to the kind of shit you would witness as a teen that would spawn a neighborhood urban legend. I could totally relate to meeting some older kid and him doing something that would totally blow my mind.
>>
As a big fan of Dazed and Confused, this was exactly what I wanted from a follow-up. Bitchin' soundtrack, babes galore, dudes just hanging out shooting the shit, a dash of entry level philosophy, and a long night you'd always remember.
>>
>>69070364
this sounds like a tagline but it's pretty true.

i don't know linklater does it but he makes such ordinary, conventional settings feel so new.
>>
>>69070364
Time will tell, but right now I like it a lot more than Dazed. I'm really enjoying older Linklater, he's really killing it lately, aside from the School of Rock show apparently.
>>
>>69071490
i do think he peaked early with Before Sunrise but his overall output over the last decade has been stellar.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.