[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would anybody follow this meme character when his House practically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
Why would anybody follow this meme character when his House practically only consists of him and everything that ensured its prosperous future died with the master rooseman? His men should be leaving in droves and his new "allies" should be starting to think about how to distribute the Bolton cake as long as its still there.
>>
>>69067550
What show is this guy from again?
>>
>>69067566
Misfits.
>>
well he IS successful at killing people.

Fucking up Stannis must have given his army quite a moral boost.
>>
Because he's a dangerous psychopath and everyone is afraid of him
>>
>>69067550
Because GoT riffs on the high middle ages, and in that time the power wielded by lords wasn't just an inheritance or personal loyalty.

Divine right of kings was mandated by GOD. If you go against it without some kind of believable excuse, you risk hell-fire and damnation, which to these people, was a very real place that they all believe in.
>>
File: Vicious-Cast.jpg (21 KB, 387x257) Image search: [Google]
Vicious-Cast.jpg
21 KB, 387x257
>>69067566
that comedy show with gandalf and the other old homo.
>>
>>69068302

Except our god doesn't exist in there universe and they believe in the old gods which basically have no laws. Also he is not a king but a warden.
>>
>>69068402
>in the old gods which basically have no laws.

DING DING DING DING
>>
Because he is shirtless Ramsay le epic plot armor man
>>
Mary Sue villian
>>
>>69068381
>ramsey gets sexually harassed by gandalf in this.
>>
>>69068549
Kek
>>
>>69068427
>>69068402
I don't remember much of that being explicity stated in the books.

It's presented as a pre-writing pagan or folk religion, maybe with an oral tradition... but these people still believe in rules enough to swear oaths before the old gods.

From what we've seen on the show and in the books, Northmen take oaths very seriously, if not in spirit, then at least technically.
But really, at the end of the day, Ramsy wouldn't be the first guy to stab a king and take a crown, then pay for it.

Macbeth, anyone?
>>
>>69067550
You have a general. Fuck off. You guys are fucking annoying.
>>
>>69067550
agreed, even if anybody was actually dumb enough to believe roose died to poison from their "enemies" everybody knows what type of a murderous faggot ramsay is, and they know he's definitely not a ruler or a leader, so why would they stay with him?
>>
>>69067550
>Karstark is there
>this northerner, who values justice and honour
>Hates Robb because he killed his dad
>Sees psycopathic medieval Matt Smith murder the guy who avenged his father and fuck everything up for everyone
>HE'S YOUR LORD TREAT HIM WITH RESPECT LMAO
>>
The show mostly doesn't make sense any more.

"Your amusements are your own, I will not chide you on that count, but you must be more discreet. A peaceful land, a quiet people."

That's how Roose, who everyone still considered to be a dangerous and creepy guy, was able to stay a major northern without any enemies or having Ned Stark knocking on his door. Having a raping, plundering, murdering, kinslaying psychopath for a lord should not work without major revolts.
>>
>>69068812
no shit, do you really think ramsay is going to rule without any trouble?
>>
>>69068899
Yes
>>
It's pretty predictable that's how he'll meet his end.
The show's already invested in the honour of the North folk.
>>
>He should have been content to grind corn. Does he truly think that he can ever rule the north?
>>
>>69068916
well, ok.
>>
>>69068987
The northern houses have been completely absent until this episode. Suddenly there's a Karstark in Winterfel who is just fine with Roose getting murdered right in front of him by his son and heir.

He and Ramsay also sounded pretty confident in allying Manderley, Umber and some other house, so yes I am afraid this was their way of saying the northern houses are okay with Ramsay ruling.
>>
File: dnd.jpg (1 MB, 2542x2575) Image search: [Google]
dnd.jpg
1 MB, 2542x2575
>>69068899
He is Lord Bolton now.
>>
>>69067722
So he's basically a super villain?

God this show fucking sucks.
>>
>>69069190
You mean the manderleys and Umbers who are going to betray Ramsay?

lil' Mormonts are supposedly making an appearance too.
>>
>warden of the north, his heir and the head of another major house come together
>it plays out like a mobster meeting from a gangster movie and nobody cares
>>
>>69069291
Seems like you know things I don't, it will be good to finally see some other houses.

Still, an invading force should have been reason enough to gather all the houses I think.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.