[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was cutting the piefight a mistake?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: v1.jpg (140 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
140 KB, 800x1200
Was cutting the piefight a mistake?
>>
>>69065355
Nah. The film still works great.

>mein fuhrer I can walk!
>>
>>69065355
Nah. Too over the top slap stick.
>>
Why was the movie named after Dr.Strangelove when he's only a minor character?
>>
>>69066110
"Mr. President" didn't have a good ring to it.
>>
>>69066110
In Spanish the title is: 'Red telephone? We're flying to Moscow!'
>>
I don't know why but when he does the nazi salute then struggles to stop himself is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
>>
>>69066991

That's an infinitely better title. I'm calling it that from now on.
>>
>>69067115

Sellers is probably the best thing about the movie. It's honestly between him and Turgidson.
>>
Is Kubrick one of the greatest comedic directors ever?
>>
great film, and a brilliant ending. somehow managed to make a montage of nuclear devastation look quite beautiful
>>
>>69067395

Layering a montage of nuclear explosions with 'We'll Meet Again' is amazingly pessimistic, too. It's basically Kubrick saying, "Yeah, we're probably going to eradicate ourselves."
>>
>>69067181
well he does play 3 major cast members
>>
>>69065355

>implying Kubrick would make a mistake

GTFO
>>
>>69067629

And all of those characters are the some of the funniest in the history of the genre.
>>
It's too bad that George C. Scott is dead. If he wasn't, after his turn as Turgidson, he'd be perfect for an Alex Jones biopic.
>>
>>69066110
Because why not?
>>
>We cannot allow a mineshaft gap!
Fucking brilliant
>>
>>69066110
I cant remember the explanation but its something about nukes being a strange form of love.
>>
>>69066110
good question. great title nonetheless
>>
>>69066110
The movie not-so-subtly hints at how the characters are basically enabling the Nazi dream of "purifying" the world through destruction. That's why Strangelove's arm does the salute every time he gets excited about the prospects of a post-apocalyptic world. Everybody, even General Ripper, is caught up in their own weaknesses and shortsightedness, except Dr. Strangelove, who's getting all he ever wanted from the whole ordeal. It's no wonder the last line of dialogue is his and makes direct reference to Hitler. His ideology won.
>>
>>69069374

All culminating with him being able to get off his wheelchair and walk again. Strangelove won.

Holy shit. I never would've come to that on my own. Thank you, good Anon.
>>
>>69065355
Nope.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.