[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sicario
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: Sicario.jpg (39 KB, 1170x633) Image search: [Google]
Sicario.jpg
39 KB, 1170x633
Now that the dust has settled what is the official /tv/ consensus on Sicario?

Also, what did he mean by this?
>>
It wasn't rape. He just got up in his bidness.
>>
It was rape. There was no water flowing into the drain, or blood.

Interestingly I've seen debate over the second to last scene.
she was told never to point a gun at him again, but she did, does that prove she's somewhat a wolf?
>>
>>69062795
Yes. It will all be revealed in Sicario 2.
>>
>>69062921
I thought you were taking the piss until I googled it.
>>
File: emily blunt brad pitt.jpg (162 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
emily blunt brad pitt.jpg
162 KB, 1200x630
>>69062974
>>69062921
>>69062795
>tfw she'll be in the sequel
for what porpoise? her storyline was wrapped up well, why drag it out?
>>
Emily Blunt: Hot or Not?
>>
>>69063007
well now they've broken her they may as well keep using her. maybe that's how you become one of them.
>>
File: Emily-Blunt_Wild-Target.jpg (91 KB, 1200x897) Image search: [Google]
Emily-Blunt_Wild-Target.jpg
91 KB, 1200x897
>>69063029
She was among the most beautiful women in the world during her prime (circa Wild Target)
>>
File: emily blunt sicario shower.webm (3 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
emily blunt sicario shower.webm
3 MB, 1920x800
>>
>>69062698
>what did he mean by this?
In Latin American culture, male posturing is very important. Like, not even kidding, if you have a bunch of guys together who aren't confident about where they stand in relation to each other, it'll look like there's an outbreak of crabs because they'll all be tugging on their crotches and adjusting every few moments.
The CIA power stance is uber prevalent.

Benicio walking up like that was pretty much as strong as you can say "You are my fucking inferior bitch".
>>
>>69062795
What rape?
>>
File: wild_target18.jpg (106 KB, 1199x709) Image search: [Google]
wild_target18.jpg
106 KB, 1199x709
>>69063111
>>
>>69062698

This was one of those movies where you can tell it was well made but by the end you're just like, "what's the point of this again?" It wasn't really entertaining or deep, so I really don't know what I was supposed to get out of it.
>>
>>69063149
did the mexican understand that though? or did he think the same as most of us?
>>
>>69063204
Mexico is part of Latin America, hermano
>>
File: emily blunt punch.webm (3 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
emily blunt punch.webm
3 MB, 1920x800
>>
>>69063153
he raped the fat guy that they fetched from mexico in the convoy. he brings in water to make it look like he's going to waterboard him, but we see no water on the floor, or hear him pouring it.
>>
>>69062698
It was a good movie.
Not an opus magnum, not a shit show, just a solid 7/10.
>>
>>69063199
>there should be a point to everything
Boy will you be confused by life
>>
>>69063253
>not punching her back
What ever happened to equality?
>>
>>69063272
Aw crap I think I remember him unzipping.
>>
>>69063199
Honestly this.
It was really well made. The visuals were great. The action was amazing. All the acting was done without error.

But the movie didn't really seem to come together as a whole unit.
Are we supposed to see how it affected Blunt's character?
Or how terrible the US/Mexico situation is?
Or is just about violent people in general?
I don't think we get an adequate answer to any of them.
Especially with regards to Juarez as a symbol.
We're told that "It's a beast" but we never really return to it after the initial scene.
>>
>>69063347
For me it was just the twisted redemption story of Del Toro's character.
Emily blunt being the main character was just as a glorified PoV and that affect of the mission on her.
Pretty boring.
>>
>>69063347
I think the 'twist' was meant to have more impact, instead the plot just kept going and finished and there was no real culmination of events, it just petered out, especially with that last scene. maybe that's what they were going for since there's gonna be a sicario 2.
>>
>>69062698
>¡Guauu! eres un chico grande
>para ti
Wish they actually included the subtitles for this key dialogue
>>
>>69063489
>>69063347
what twist are you nigs talking about
i don't remember a twist
>>
>>69063489
>sicario 2.
There's not going to be a Sicario 2.
It was probably a contractual thing that they signed in order to begin production, but Villeneuve will drop out or insist doing it blindfolded so that they have to replace him or something.
It happens all the time that "sequels" are promised but that's just a way for producers to hedge their bet incase they have a sudden megamillion dollar hit.
>>
>>69063199
the point was the war on drugs can never be won, you can only control the amount of product that gets imported by working with a major cartel in eliminating its rivals
>>
>>69063541
blunt seemed to think they were going to take the drug lord in legally and alive or something, that's why she drew a gun on toro and punched cia

>>69063593
ah oh well
>>
>>69063541
I think the twist he's referring to is Del Toro's motivation and why Blunt was brought on.
It was never about fixing Mexico/Juarez. It's about controlling the problem
>>
>>69063347
What was glaring to me was blunt being so adamant about being 'moral' even when there was a strong pragmatic argument to be made about what went down. She was so stubborn she was willing to die.

I felt like the movie was missing one scene that gives some context to her feelings - like maybe something related to her parents.
>>
>>69064467
I think she was understandably adamant.
She wanted to end the war, not contain it.
She was traumatized by the opening events and wanted to make sure something like that could never happen again.
But CIA's plan would make it so that a few events every so often would be fine.

I think she was meant to be just a regular agent who wanted to fix the world.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.