[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DUDE, VIDEO GAMES AND HOMOSEXUALITY CAUSE VIOLENCE, LMAO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: elephant.jpg (93 KB, 566x755) Image search: [Google]
elephant.jpg
93 KB, 566x755
>DUDE, VIDEO GAMES AND HOMOSEXUALITY CAUSE VIOLENCE, LMAO

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>69061161
>What did he mean by this?
that vidya and homosex have nothing to do with violence

you're just too stupid to realize it
>>
>VIDEO GAMES AND HOMOSEXUALITY CAUSE VIOLENCE
They do, though.
>>
>>69061204
>YOU JUST DIDN'T GET IT!!!1

The mating call of the virgin.
>>
>>69061161

This movie is like a parody of artflicks.

>lol le sad beethoven music these are the killers what has society done to them lol
>lel we're introducing a character but ON NO he died quickly after what a subversion hahaha
>what do you mean it's long and boring? This is an INDIE ART FILM it's okay to have long boring shots where nothing happens
>>
>>69061239
you didn't, no need to get assmad about it
>>
>>69061161
the style is completely derived from the original Elephant. And including fictitious causes for Columbine like mental illness and homosexuality is problematic at best.
>>
>>69062097
>fictitious causes for Columbine like mental illness

Are you implying the two boys who shot up a school weren't mentally ill?
>>
>>69061307
it's like Breathless never happened
>>
>>69062590
Mental illness is a spook cooked up to explain personal shortcomings and the aspects of humanity we don't want to address
>>
>>69062590
not the mental illness shown in the movie (the kid hearing voices). If you define sociopathy as mental illness then sure, but I don't think it's classed as that.
>>
>>69062706

ok
>>
>>69062706
Why is our behaviour the only part of us that can't be affected by diseases? Is it magic?
>>
>>69062706
You're a spook
>>
>>69061161
>Gus Van Sant
>expecting a quality, well thought out film
>>
>>69062785
Mental illness exists in forms like schizophrenia and autism. IE, affect our ability to comprehend reality, our actions, our ability to understand other's feelings and thoughts, etc.

Dylan and Eric displayed none of that. They were very sane people who fully understood what they were doing and why they were doing it. They documented a lot of their thoughts. We've seen the fear, regret, motives, vindictiveness, correlated by minds operating exactly like a normal person. The only thing that stands apart is their moral values which is unfortunately all it takes for the pseudo-scientists known as psychiatrists to invent new mental illnesses.
>>
File: tumblr_mjypwsd1yh1r9hvqeo1_500.png (301 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjypwsd1yh1r9hvqeo1_500.png
301 KB, 500x333
>>69063041
>pseudo-scientists known as psychiatrists
HAIL XENU
>>
but I thought studies found that led to increased aggressive behavior and lack of empathy

but then studies also found no association; even studies in the SAME peer-reviewed journal like Plos1

so which is it
>>
>>69063215
there are peer studies that claim both sides with no general consensus.

depends on the culture/country I suppose.

fwiw Oxford University claims that no link exists:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/study-finds-no-evidence-violent-video-games-make-children-aggres/

The Columbine killers did play violent videogames but so was every other male their age.
>>
>>69062706
I agree with you but that's just a different way of labeling and digesting an extant problem with no discernable solution.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.