[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the most SJW film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
what is the most SJW film?
>>
File: windingcuck.png (103 KB, 539x423) Image search: [Google]
windingcuck.png
103 KB, 539x423
>>69060015
Any Refn film.
>>
>>69060015
Not pic related because one of the defining aspects of the SJW aesthetic is being made by people who aren't members of the minority du jour they're defending.

It's not so much about the politics as the mentality behind the politics. Black directors making a movie about the "black experience" is par for the course. If Dear White People was made by a white person with a massive guilt complex, then it would be a strong contender for being SJWkino.
>>
>>69060187
This makes me nervous that I don't care for sports either
>>
>>69060187

Refn's way too autistic and addicted to controversy to be an SJW. SJW is a normie plague
>>
>>69060342
True, but when this movie was first announced white SJW's were eating it up.
>>
TFA
>>
>>69060342

This movie satirizes a certain type of black college student that's basically exactly the same thing. In the same way that liberal white people feel a weird need to compensate for their whiteness, these black people feel the need to overcompensate for being "raised white" (middle-class to upper-class family, lots of white friends throughout school years, educated & privileged) by throwing themselves full-force into "causes" that don't exactly affect them either.

They're just as disconnected from the struggles of poor working-class black people as their white classmates are. Yet they do have experience with things like "microaggressions" and "cultural appropriation," which is why you meet these faux-outraged 20-year-old black girls who act like THESE are the main problems facing the black community.
>>
>>69060342
what about the people who go see it and talk about it
>>
>>69060534
So, is this movie SJW bullshit or a satire that shows black people are actually fucked in other, more real, ways?
>>
>>69060015
You mean co opting something made successful by men then ruining it and then hiding behind an impenetrable shield of misogyny / racism Ghostbusters
>>
>>69060015

Only to those who haven't seen it. The movie is a parody of Tyler Perry shit.
>>
>>69060604
It's a satire showing up people that largely make up the group we call SJWs: western, educated, financially stable twenty to thirtysomethings that get outraged over nonissues for their personal gain while ignoring actual crises because they can't benefit from them or play the victim. Those are the same people that didn't pick up on the joke and took the main character at face value, agreeing with her incredibly prejudiced and racist rants with no hint of irony (because black people can't be racist, amirite?)
>>
>>69060015
The one that has most seriousness, jokes and wizardry in it, of course.
>>
File: image.jpg (229 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229 KB, 1600x900
Ghostbusters (2016)
>>
Literally every new movie. Some whites should stop watching tv or movies altogether seriously
>>
>>69060015

not that one
>>
>>69060964
this tbqh
>>
>>69060964
ironically it looks like it's full of lazy stereotypes.
>>
File: The_Green_Inferno_poster.jpg (30 KB, 300x443) Image search: [Google]
The_Green_Inferno_poster.jpg
30 KB, 300x443
Even though its essentially a remake of an old episode of south park
>>
>directed by justin simien
>arguably a black person is the director
>simien

was he pandering to the anti-sjw too?
>>
>>69060342
>the defining aspects of the SJW aesthetic is being made by people who aren't members of the minority du jour they're defending.

its more about LARPing as a victim than anything. So some light skinned a rich upper class college student pretending to be a poor victim of racist oppression because some dorky white fuck said "hurr I like your frizzy hair" is on the same level as slavery is pretty SJWish
>>
>>69060964

Try to shy away from men, end up posing as men. I don't get this, the same way I don't get butch lesbians. If you hate men so much why actively act like one. Shouldn't they embrace their femininity?
>>
>>69060015

Where does this whole "white people always touch black people's hair" thing come from? I have never seen this happen in real life.
>>
>>69062405
It doesn't happen. It's a wholly fictitious issue.
>>
>>69062380
Butch lesbians are a harder conondrum than quantum mechanics.

I wish they didnt exist and feminine lesbians were everywhere but sadly thats not the case.
>>
>>69060534
>satirizes
Nope. We have been over this. Before the movie was released the director went on several rants about "white privilege" in multiple interviews.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.