[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the point of this movie cultural marxism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: the_jungle_book_poster_key_art.jpg (409 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
the_jungle_book_poster_key_art.jpg
409 KB, 1296x730
Is the point of this movie cultural marxism?
>>
File: 15145125.png (179 KB, 1155x852) Image search: [Google]
15145125.png
179 KB, 1155x852
>>69059219
>>
>>69059219

The point of that movie is to squeeze money out of bored families with the Disney brand, without trying anything new or original.
>>
>>69059272

yo' wassup reddit
>>
>>69059219
Kipling was conserative, white supremacist, racist and pro colonialism. It will be pretty hard to turn his work into SJW propaganda, but I'm sure Hollywood will manage.
>>
File: Everyone I don't like is pol.jpg (48 KB, 368x475) Image search: [Google]
Everyone I don't like is pol.jpg
48 KB, 368x475
>>69059272
>>
>>69059219

Explain how the point of this movie is cultural marxism without using memes or green text arrows
>>
>>69060734

Not everyone, just people who use the expression "cultural marxism" to whine about children's movies on a Covert Conference of Congolese Convalescing Cod-Fisherman message board.
>>
>>69059219
How did Mowgli climb down a dead, burning tree and walk out of the middle of a forest fire with no injury?

And why is everyone happy the interloper burned down the jungle - their home and means of survival - to kill a single tiger whose only problem was that the interloper (who ended up destroying their home) was in the jungle?
>>
>>69059219
PLEASE tell me that Christopher Walken voices Shere Khan

I'd pay to see that
>>
>>69062245

Nah, he voiced King Louie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o8Bj6ODy9U
>>
Walken was 10/10 in the movie.
>>
>>69060780

All the animals live with their own kind and have a respect for one another. Mowgli who is from another species threatens this way of life by uniting all animals. The villain (a consevative) simply want to maintain the traditional way of life and remove the threat(Mowgli). In the end the movie teaches children to live with other races and asssimilate to one single culture.
>>
>>69062448
Not a very good lesson. The "other race" destroyed the way of life for literally everyone. If anything the lesson is "adopting new people will burn down your land."
>>
>>69062448

That's the fucking stupidest thing I've ever read.

>Faggot Tiger is butthurt because a human rightfully defended himself because he attacked for no reason
>years later
>still butthurt and threatens all the other animals to obey or one of them will die because the kid doesn't want to act like a poacher or something
>>
>>69062538

He didn't attack the human for no reason. Khan is the only one of the few who can see clear as day, that humans destroy things. Khan only wants to protect the jungle.
>>
>>69062879
fucking l o l

Go back to flooding /pol/ with Trump-shitpost generals.
>>
>>69062499
Until the new person helps put out the fire he brought only causing minimal to no damage. Try harder my man.
>>
>>69059219
All art is cultural marxism.
>>
>>69062448
All animals don't live with their own kind. A bunch of species including a fucking Panther were living in harmony. The Tiger was a salty butt hurt bitch because a man burnt him when he was attacking him. He didn't care really for traditions. He just wanted mowgli dead. Hence why whenever him and Akila no longer have an issue he kills him. He didn't give a shit beyond "bring me man flesh". It's amazing how far you retards reach.
>>
>>69062879
Cause yes killing the leader of the Wolf pack helped protect the Jungle. Eat. A. Dick.
>>
>>69062538
Wouldn't you be angry if you got your eye burnt out by an enraged Paki?
>>
>>69062149
They don't burn down the jungle only a small portion which Mowgli helps douse as soon as the real threat the murder give no fucks tiger is dead.
I assure you that what you are doing is boarderline autism.
>>
>>69063361
Not if I willing saw the paki holding fire. Oh yah damn Im so angry the only possible outcome that my actions would sow happened.
>>
>>69063411
>implying you wouldn't attack a Poo In The Loo
>>
>>69063411
Fire or not, I'd still bash it against the wall
>>
>>69063162
Sorry not to live in fantasy, but the damage of an unchecked forest fire doesn't disappear overnight, or a few days, or months, or decades. I bet you think seeing Louie in the credits meant he survived having an entire temple collapse on him.

Mowgli killed two kings and destroyed the jungle. Add to that stealing honey for "redistributing the wealth" of the industrious bees to the SLOTH BEAR.

He's a worse terrorist than MoS Superman.
>>
>>69063702
Then don't get salty and blame man for your burnt eye. Try looking in a mirror to see who to blame.
>>
>>69063387
Oh sorry, I forgot the Deus Ex Proboscidea.

So barring "everything is magically alright once we teach the importnat lesson," a human was raised in the jungle, killed two kings, destroyed the beehives, burned the jungle, and would have gotten him and everyone else killed - if not for magic elephants and the power of interspecies friendship - something almost wholly against the law of the jungle.
>>
>>69063872
He didn't kill Louie. Louie killed himself. Sher Khan died because Mowgli was defending himself. Stop being a fucking idiot. You also keep saying the jungle got burnt down. That's a lie. Only a portion did. Mowgli and the wolves were clearly running through a not destroyed jungle at the end. I understand you have to stretch everything to fit your specific autism but please restrain yourself.
>>
>>69063867
Are you suggesting that Indian people classify as men?
>>
And while I'm ranting, why did every species in the jungle have the same oath - including the part where it says "the wolf?"

Simply from a plot perspective, it would have been better to see the different species have different ideas as to what Jungle Law entailed.

Aside from plot, you have the silly experience of solitary beasts saying their strength is in the pack.

>>69064030
Louie died as a direct result of Mowgli's thugs interrupting and turning sour a perfectly fine conversation.

Sher Khan died because Mowgli returned from where he was supposed to go with the specific desire for vengeance and Khan's death.

>Only a portion did.
Yeah, I get it. You think if everyone got along magic elephants will fix all the destruction.

Sorry, life don't work that way. Take your rosy glasses off and recognize that Mowgli was terrible destructive force to the Jungle, and should have been driven off or killed.
>>
>>69064189
Louie kidnapped Mowgli and wasn't going to let him leave. That isnt a fine conversation and Mowgli's "thugs" were trying to save him.

Sher Kahn killed his father. Sorry you have no comprehension on how people work but let me tell you that's a perfectly reasonable motive to kill someone. And it wasnt magic. The elephant's literally dam a river and it puts out all the fire.
Face it you aren't even talking about the movie. You say take off my lens and see it for what it really is. I believe you are the one suffering from that problem.
>>
>>69064343
>anti-monkey propaganda
Louie was ina power struggle and saw an advantage. He did nothing wrong. Really, he was confining a danger to everyone, though I 'll agree for no altruistic reason. Louie may not have been a "good" person, but he was a stabilizing force in the region. Mow-Qaeda toppled a regime and once again brought death and chaos to the Jungle.

>Sher Kahn killed his father.
Boo-hoo. Law of the Jungle. You think Baghira hasn't killed a father? You think Akila hadn't? I'd include Mowgli, but he's too weak to actually kill - he has to use other people and tricks.

Father's die. the animals of the Jungle move on. But not the interloper. Oh no, he has to corrupt the wolves and panther to get his vengeance. He has to bring the Red Flower and the destruction of the land just to satisfy his historical bloodthirst - once again a notion wholly alien to The Jungle.

>elephants damming a river to stop a forest fire isn't magic
>>
>>69064343
He's just trolling trolling trolling, rawhide...
>>
>>69064678
Stop spamming. It is funny but you're going to give your opponent a heart attack with your asinine comments.
>>
>>69064806
>muh safe space

I hadn't even started on the elephants being engineering masters able to divert a river to specific spots with tree trunks who completely founder at getting a child out of a hole.
>>
>>69062448
Shere Khan was just butthurt because of the fire and wanted to maul Mowgli with his paws. He didn't give a fuck about the safety of the jungle.
>>
>be a 4m tall monkey that could crush shere khan by farting on him
>somehow thinks he needs the dire to rule the jungle
>>
>>69059219
>pol watches a movie
>>
>>69059219
The fuck an orangutan does in India??
>>
>>69067281
Gigantopithecus. Giant prehistoric cousin of orangutans that lived in India thousands of years ago
>>
>>69067309
It became extint before humans even reached India.
>>
File: 1462257217915.png (647 KB, 743x416) Image search: [Google]
1462257217915.png
647 KB, 743x416
>>69059272
>I have no awareness of the world around me
>>
>>69067654
Except for that one clearly (animals also can't talk).
>>
>>69062448
not what cultural marxism means.

this website and its fucking memes and buzzwords, baka.
>>
>>69067835
>not what cultural marxism means

what does it mean?
>>
>>69067281
Apes are the native population, they are the ones who build the cities and streets. Also, there are the actual monkey apes.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (105 KB, 735x715) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
105 KB, 735x715
>>69059219

Hello high commander, didn't know they let you use the internetz in that cozy 5 star prison
>>
>>69065174

He was still slow due to his size and needed to be constantly eating just to be alive.
>>
>Walt Disney produces first Jungle Book
Mowgli finds a beautiful girl and decides to live with his own kind
>jews in charge of the new Jungle Book
Mowgli burns down half a fucking jungle, kills a tiger and an orangutan, steals honey and decides to stay with the animals
>>
File: 1379313944740.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1379313944740.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>69059219
>le cultural marxism meme
>>
>>69062538
Of course he deserves his eventual comeuppance, because he was written as the villain

>here is Shere Khan doing bad things to justify our hatred of him
>this means what he stands for is bad

That's how you brainwash kids
>>
File: 1455333595369.jpg (74 KB, 491x491) Image search: [Google]
1455333595369.jpg
74 KB, 491x491
>>69059219
>muh cultural marxism
>>
>the jungle book written in 1894
>cultural marxism or frankfurt school starts after second world war
>pol level of education
inb4 movie not the same as book, similar enough the changes are minor and don't really change the points made in the original book
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.