[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have been thinking about Harry Potter lately and it seems that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: harry.jpg (166 KB, 1149x1600) Image search: [Google]
harry.jpg
166 KB, 1149x1600
I have been thinking about Harry Potter lately and it seems that wizards are actually much less powerful than Humans. A Human army could easily destroy a wizard army. An ICBM could instantlly obliterate the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, and all the other important wizard locations. So why does Harry not just go to get the help of the American Military? At the very least he could put on his invisibility cloak and hijack a nuclear bomber. Also, why do wizards not carry guns? If I had a sniper rifle I am pretty confident I could kill voldemort. I could just hide in a grassy knoll 300 yards away and blow his head off.
>>
Cuz he's a dumbass who relied on the dumbass wizards for education.
>>
>>69055988
>Also, why do wizards not carry guns?
Because the story takes place in britbongistan.
>>
>>69055988
They are less powerful

Why do you think they hid themselves from the muggles?
>>
>>69056042
then how come there were no muslims in hogwarts
>>
>A Human army could easily destroy a wizard army
A wizard army would never need to fight a human army directly, just mind control the leader and problem solved.
Hell the human army would have problems even locating wizard targets, thinking a muggle-wizard war will be open warfare is retarded
>>
>>69055988
And I could probably teleport behind Voldemort and slash his throat
>>
Wizards can turn invisible, teleport and control peoples minds
>>
>>69055988
Humans couldn't even find the wizards to kill them. Wizards could steal the whole god-damned country and humans wouldn't even remember it existed.
>>
>>69056072
Who knows. The first one was written in 1995 i think, maybe the wasn't as many muslims there back then.
>>
>>69055988

If muggles became a concern, Voldemort would just enact a permanent shield against projectiles, like he used around Nagini near the end of the series. A normal wizard could probably fend guns off once they knew what they were facing, and voldemort figures out crazy shit like broomless flight. A standard protego charm would block a gunshot and they have hats and things that keep that keep the charm up constantly. And if you did get the jump on old voldy then his horcruxes would just turn him back into a ghost and then he would resurrect himself again. He has multiple kinds of mind control, the ability to access the memories of anyone he meets, perfect invisibility, shit like dementors that could chase you down across a stadium night or day and don't give a fuck about your weapons. You kill his followers, he finds new ones. He could take centuries to do it if he wanted to. Even normal wizards live extremely long lives. Humans would never get the chance to fight wizards on any kind of a level playing field. It's like saying a bear could beat you if you walked into the forest by yourself with no gun, knife, car, bear traps or mace. Sure the bear would win. But that's not gonna happen unless you're retarded.
>>
File: 1447964211057.png (321 KB, 555x594) Image search: [Google]
1447964211057.png
321 KB, 555x594
>>69055988
>i've been thinking about harry potter recently
>an ICBM
>hijacking planes
>sniping voldemort
i live for these posts
>>
File: 1459386328139.jpg (3 MB, 1600x2874) Image search: [Google]
1459386328139.jpg
3 MB, 1600x2874
Probably because Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>69056072
Hogwarts is school for rich people, look at how much gold you need to get all the necessary equipment. Rich people never have to deal with muslims and immigrants
>>
>>69057023

Discussing the quality of the series is getting off topic. We're not deciding whether voldemort was a well written character, we're debating whether he could hold his own against an AK-47. But thanks for the pretentious picture
>>
>>69057573

Lots of broke people go to hogwarts. The weasleys are pretty broke, and Voldemort didn't have a penny to his name when he started. There was a hogwarts charity fund that covered his shit. If you live in the UK and you can blow up your aunt, hogwarts'll take ya
>>
>>69057023
>Atlas Shrugged
>muh individuality
Holy fuck I never read a more masturbatory book in my life
>if everything is exactly how I say it is then my philosophy is valid
>>
>>69057937
broke for magic standards. most muslims cant even reach weasley level so poor they are
>>
File: picard.jpg (6 KB, 180x195) Image search: [Google]
picard.jpg
6 KB, 180x195
>>69056010
MATH
>nope
SCIENCE
>NOPE
MUGGLE WORKPLACE EMPLOYMENT SKILLS AT ALL
>NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN
>>
>>69057023
>ayn Rand
Underage b&
>>
File: 1462137962544.jpg (265 KB, 1144x2154) Image search: [Google]
1462137962544.jpg
265 KB, 1144x2154
>>69057023
>"stretched his legs"

Not used once in any of the 7 books.
>>
>>69058145
every book on that list is stuff you would read in high school
>>
>>69058221
Middle school
>>
>>69056096
Fucking exactly, not to mention the fact that protection charms would just make icbms Fucking irrelevant
>>
>>69056072
because the story takes place in Thatcher Britain which you'd know if you actually read the fucking books
>>
>>69058221
no public school before college teaches ayn rand you fuckwit
>>
>>69055988
>>69056096
>Human
>not Muggle or No-Maj
Wizards are humans, you stupid fuck. Also, Voldemort was a British Magical problem, getting American Muggles involved is idiotic and is a severe breach of the Secrecy Act.

Besides, Voldemort was the only wizard who can fly without a broom, he could probably block a fucking missile.

Furthermore, many have pointed out that magic fucks with technology and would probably jam a gun. Though probably not an older one like a revolver or something, that's why Dresden doesn't use semi-automatics.

>>69058077
>MATH
>SCIENCE
Pretty sure Arithmancy and Astronomy were both subjects at Hogwarts. Also Muggle Studies, but that's a soft class and seriously what kind of Wizards and Witches would be getting a job at a fucking Dairy Queen?

>>69058731
Seriously. I thought more people read the books than this.
>>
heres a capeshittier question, who would win in a fight, Batman or Hogwarts?
>>
>>69055988
Because it's a series of novels for children.
>>
>>69059103
>>>EPICCC RAP BATTLES OF HISTORY
lol
>>
>>69055988
>An ICBM could instantlly obliterate the Ministry of Magic
Yeah, and the rest of central London with it.
>>
why is reddit so prominent now >>69059103
>>
>>69059150
So much win
>>
>>69059103

I think there comes a point where even the dark knight is just too damned overwhelmed. Some buff dude in a red and blue leotard is not that point. But facing the combined intellect and power of HOGWARTS; I mean... wait why am I answering this question? This is retarded. I'm going to bed
>>
>>69059757
lmao that response
>>
>>69058221
Then review each book and tell us what's good or bad about them
I'll wait too, /v/
>>
>>69060069

Not him but there's nothing to review. Plain writing of a derivative escapist fantasy.

it's a fun read for kids but that's all it is
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.