[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That "dark and gritty" Power Rangers fan film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 4.jpg (105 KB, 853x642) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
105 KB, 853x642
How in the fuck does this have such a gigantic like to dislike ratio? This shit is Trying Embarrassingly Hard to be Edgy and Mature: The Movie.
>>
>>69055147
Get Adblock or ublock or whatever.
>>
>>69055147
I'm glad maturity bothers you. Stick to marvel.
>>
hard and edgy and mature as buzzwords that people use in contradictory ways
>>
File: good for you.jpg (33 KB, 379x419) Image search: [Google]
good for you.jpg
33 KB, 379x419
>>69055224
Nice meme. Only real responses please.
>>
>>69055147
it's supposed to be some meta commentary about how people love dark and gritty reboots of children franchises even though they're dumb

idk man I thought it was pretty lame too
>>
So you'd prefer what, actual Power Rangers? I'm not going to watch it either way because I'm not a fucking manchild, but if I'm going to watch Power Rangers I'd obviously prefer it at least be an attempt at reinventing it for adults.
>>
File: 1457337246524.gif (1 MB, 430x243) Image search: [Google]
1457337246524.gif
1 MB, 430x243
>>69055299
>>
>>69055343
I grew out of Power Rangers at around 10 I think. How developmentally stunted are you?
>>
The things with the most views on youtube target the 6-12 demographic.

So, that stands to reason, most people on youtube are 6-12.
>>
I think that's kind of the joke OP. That Power Rangers was such a silly goofy show that it's equally silly and ridiculous to make it gritty and dark
>>
>>69055299
This movie is worse than regular power rangers. Regular power rangers knows it's for kids and displays itself accordingly. This fan film takes itself way too seriously and the theme of maturity is so forced it's embarrassing. They just crammed as many adult situations they could into it. Sex, murder, drugs, tragedy, you name it. It's all there, and it's all that's there. Even fucking war. Literal war, with POV shaky cam running shots on a battlefield with assault rifles.
>>
>>69055374

I'm agreeing with you, thus the gif of people nodding.

You got issues.
>>
>>69055469

I interpreted it as answering yes to the question I asked in my post.
>>
>>69055508

Then you're an idiot.
>>
>>69055374
So did I, but nostalgia for the seasons I watched as a kid will never fade. I'm not against the idea of adapting power rangers for a mature audience, but this fucking movie tries so hard it's laughable.
>>
>>69055251
Nigga u got atomic rekt
>>
>>69055450
>Regular power rangers knows it's for kids and displays itself accordingly
Remember that the next time you have an opinion about capeshit
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.