[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game Of Thrones patch v6.1 >Knives now have the ability to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10
Game Of Thrones patch v6.1
>Knives now have the ability to oneshot people, no matter how much armor they wear or where you hit
>>
>tfw Theon cut though a guy's shield with his sword and killed him
>>
>>69051484
Backstabs are insta-kill, m8
>>
> What is poison?
>>
>>69051638
fucking rouges man, play a real class
>>
>>69051681
a poison that kills you instantly

ok buddy
>>
>all these normies not knowing that a knife to the heart is 3 second kill

both the nigger bodyguard and roose bolton took a knife to the heart which is an almost insta kill

obviously you don't know that since you're a fucking retard and you've probably never been in the military, and if you were you were a mechanic or a janitor or some bullshit

stop making threads about shit you know fuck all about

jon snow's assassins purposefully avoided the heart to cause as much pain as possible. ffs why am i still typing

fuck you op go kill yourself
>>
>>69051796
>tfw Roose's heart was located near his kidney
But maybe he had intense diabetese and he only had 1 kidney.
Also inb4 navy seal copypasta
>>
>>69051908

i knew this comment would come

the knife was tilted upwards

go kill yourself
>>
>>69051796
Tyene is like 5'2 tall.
She couldn't even reached Hotah's dick if she wanted to.

I mean don't get me wrong but it's like having Tyene kill Barristan Selmy the same way she kills Hotah, behind the back.

Is it believable? Sure, depends how you look at it.
But it doesn't make for good storytelling.
Especially is that someone is supposed to be a very good fighter going down without a fight.
>>
>>69051908
He stabbed upwards, be more observant.
>>
>>69051980
>>69052037
It's a dagger, not a lightsaber, how does it reach the heart from the kidney ?
>>
>>69051729
Get rekt m8 :^)
>>
File: uvwl6.jpg (107 KB, 600x654) Image search: [Google]
uvwl6.jpg
107 KB, 600x654
>>69051484
>not knowing backstab crits
fucking casuals I swear
>>
>>69051496
He stabbed through his neck blindfag
>>
>>69051762
no

the sand sneks had secretly poisoned REO Speedwagon weeks ago

the poison just needed a knife to the back to activate
>>
>>69051484
It was a big knife
>>
>>69053735
for him
>>
>>69051762
>People can be revived after dying
>Ice zombies
>Dragons
>This is fine

>Poison that kills instantly?
>REEEEEE THIS IS NOT HOW POISON WORKS!!!!!
>>
>>69054181
>People can be revived after dying
>Ice zombies
>Dragons
fucking this
GoT is shit but now after 50+ hours spent on watching I still want to know how it ends
>>
Getting stabbed into your vertebrae can kill you.

Real life isn't like your anime
>>
>>69051729

Warrior pleb getting salty
>>
>>69051484
Try getting stabbed directly like that in the spine and see how long how you last
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 228x221
Fugg :DDD
>>
>>69054181
Every one of these things has been introduced and falls under suspension of disbelief because ASOAIF/GOT is fantasy. Insta kill poison has never been mentioned or used, the few times poison has been used it never killed instantly.
>>
>>69054385
>It's never been introduced
>It's introduced now
>IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE IT WASN'T THERE RIGHT FROM EPISODE 1!!!!!
you really are dumb.
>>
>>69051729
>be rogue since first day
>skill combat/hemo
>all the plate niggers starts crying like little girls

vanilla was such fun
>>
>>69054181
>>Poison that kills instantly?
>>REEEEEE THIS IS NOT HOW POISON WORKS!!!!!
Again it's not about how believable something is.

People are criticising this because it's lazy strorytelling that a 5'2 "tall" girl is able to kill an apparently good fighter without a fight at all.

Hell, Tyene could just randomly kill someone like Tommen behind the back.
Of course people will be criticising this.
It all comes down to lazy storytelling which is the Dornish plot.
>>
>>69054450
Yeah you're right, I forgot that scene where Tyene dipped her knife in the insta kill poison jar before sending it to Ramsay that constantly applied it to his knife in case his step mother gave birth.
>>
>>69051484
they could have at least allowed him to kill one of the sneks as he died.
>>
>>69054489
Don't forget that she dipped her knife in more poison and then threw her knife at the other guy
>>
>>69051484
Why did they make him black?
>>
File: achilles.gif (1 MB, 320x132) Image search: [Google]
achilles.gif
1 MB, 320x132
>gets stabbed in the heart
>dies instantly

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>69054181

>> I don't know what "Suspension of disbelief" is and I'm too much of a cunt to understand it.
>>
>>69051796
Nothing is a three second kill. What part of your body do you think stops working after three seconds without blood flow?
>>
>>69054917
his brain stopped working a long time ago
>>
>>69054907
Because Dorne is white
>>
>>69054181

>woooow so what if ramsay walked on water and transformed his head into a sea lion's and ate tormund you're seriously complaining about fantasy in a series with dragons, zombies and magic??
>>
>>69055185
That's totally comparable to poison acting faster than it does in the real world.
>>
>>69051484

How the fuck can /tv/ be so obsessed with this.

If a man of equal size and stature to the Snek did it would they have said anything?
>>
>>69055185
Honestly, given the boner D&D seem to have for this character, this might very well happen next.
And then he'd also be Azor Ahai and the dragons would see him as their new master
>>
>>69054465
>People are criticising this because it's lazy strorytelling that a 5'2 "tall" girl is able to kill an apparently good fighter without a fight at all.

No it's not, it's how real life works.

If somebody stabs you from behind it doesn't matter how many fights you've won, you are fucked
>>
>>69054465
Oberyn has messed with poisons before to slow it down to prolong the agony.

Is it crazy to think he taught his daughter how to speed up the effect too?

Either way you CAN die from getting stabbed in the vertebrae
>>
>>69051484
>thinking they want to show a black man hitting a woman and be called racist for having cast a black man in a role he would need to hit a woman
seriously its like you faggots dont know its the current year
>>
>>69054465
>People are criticising this because it's lazy strorytelling

it's not lazy storytelling, it's fast and snappy storytelling. got already bores me enough as it is, i don't need a 5 minutes scene of some nigger wrestling with a poisoned dagger in his back while rainbow spit flies from his arse. i just need to see a dead nigger. fuck off.
>>
look up manticore venom on the Asoiaf wiki

im pretty sure as soon as it connects with the bloodstream you die

that would explain doran and Areo

Oberyn had it too but his was magically slowed down to be torturous instead

Now, is it bad writing, yes very, but they die so fast for a reason

Because having a scene confirming a kill will take too much time if you have to wait for the person to bleed out

im not defending DD cuz season 5 and 6 have had their horribad scenes. But if they didnt die right away you'd all be screaming

"Why do they spend 6 minutes of a 50 min episode just showing us a guy bleeding out we know he's going to die REEE"
>>
>>69054181
>It's fantasy guys!
>which excuses poor writing, or anything ever because FANTASY
That's not how it works, retard
>>
>>69055620
>No it's not, it's how real life works.
My point is that it doesn't make for good storytelling end of discussion.
They could kill all main characters in believable ways without putting up a fight.
Would it make sense storywise? No.
Would it be entertaining? No,

That's the Dorne storyline.
Killing off Areo Hotah (Someone you'd expect to go down fighting) is a clear example of sloppy writing.
>>
>>69055815
season 6 episode 3

Theon gets mugged on his way to the Iron Islands, he stabs the guy in the chest and the scene then shows the guy bleeding out for additional 10 minutes while he wrestles on the ground and cries

15 min scene

Ned, Reed and the 4 friends battle the kingsguard, after the fight we spend an additional 10 minutes waiting for all the kingsguard and Neds men to bleed out, whilst they groan on the ground, he then goes up to save his sister that dies anyways

scene time 20 minutes

Ramsay talks to the Umbers
8min scene

Ramsay goes to Vaes Dothrak

and thats the entire episode. I'll be here on monday when you cry about how short and slow the episode was
>>
>>69055654
>>69055620
Aren't you guys reading?
His first sentence is literally
>Again it's not about how believable something is.

He's talking about lazy storytelling.
>>
>>69051484
kek

-she should have used a poison blow dart
-Areo shouldn't have been in the show if he was going to get taken out like a stupid bitch with his back to a rebel (who rebels)
>>
>>69053365
have you tried stabbing someone taller than u thru the neck?
>>
File: 1452498769281.png (80 KB, 272x199) Image search: [Google]
1452498769281.png
80 KB, 272x199
>>69055620
>a woman who has no muscles what so ever
>stabs through two layers of thick, boiled leather
>insta-kill
>>
>>69055815
People die quickly in tv and films for a reason. To move the plot on to the next scene without having to spend 5 minutes showing the person slowly bleed out.
>>
>>69055882
>It didn't happen exactly how I wanted it to
>Therefore sloppy writing
>>
File: got tv thread.jpg (61 KB, 713x249) Image search: [Google]
got tv thread.jpg
61 KB, 713x249
>>69051484
I just wish they'd fix the sneks' teleportation bug.
>>
>>69055574
also calling poisoned blade. they are oberyn's daughters
>>
File: 1462139269781.jpg (30 KB, 627x430) Image search: [Google]
1462139269781.jpg
30 KB, 627x430
>Doran
>Bolton
>Balon
>all of them major players who should expect assasin every second
>all of them killed at their own most protected place and somehow no one bats an eye
>literally not even 2 loyal people around them at all time 24/7

Next thing D&D will write is probably Deanerys getting stabbed by Jorah or the mercenary dude, because reasons and shock values.
>>
>>69056121
Nah. They were just too lazy and incompetent to shoot a good action scene. The last action scene with Bronn and Jamie was hilariously bad.
>>
>implying she wouldn't miss the heart from behind let alone when he was clad in armor
>implying people die instantly when you stab them (even in the heart, you can survive this, especially considering how thin the blade must be)

TL:DR he would still be able to kill the two of them with one swift strike
>>
>>69056190
I would have been more shocked if Areo had killed the Sand Sneks
>>
>>69056253
>people survive stabs to the heart

I knew that internet normies were retarded, both reddit-cucks and 4chan-nigs, but this is just too much
>>
>>69054917
He's sort of right, but he's talking a lot of shit.
If you're stabbed in the heart you will lose enough blood to die basically instantly, you will lose consciousness due to blood loss after about 5 seconds at the absolute most.
If they stab the aorta or subaorta then you will lose enough blood to die in about 1.5 seconds and you will be unconscious in about 7 seconds.
In they stab the subclavian you will lose enough blood to die within 3 seconds, and you will be unconscious in about 8 seconds.

The subclavian is by far the easiest to strike from behind and it's why the downward stab motion is the most instinctual stab.
>>
File: 1370237129385.jpg (21 KB, 281x480) Image search: [Google]
1370237129385.jpg
21 KB, 281x480
>building areo up as one of the baddest dudes around just to have him job to a eighty pound girl
>>
>>69056627
The age of men is over
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.